Closed Thread
Page 191 of 500 FirstFirst ... 91 141 181 189 190 191 192 193 201 241 291 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,820 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI:Aye, Aye, Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuJinbei View Post
    Someone should totally use that as an avatar
    I think you just volunteered.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by zxcv11791 View Post
    Pain vs Naruto was probably my favorite animated fight. The animation was loose, exaggerated and freely drawn, which gave it a really nice style and feel to it. But apparently people thought it was terrible for some reason.
    It looked like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    It looked like shit.
    It has great animation(as in, it was very fluid), but the art looked like crap.

Nagato's pain was big enough to reach the art.

Former Chief Warden Venomous Warden's Avatar

And the art, ultimately, is what matters most.
    Indeed, its one thing to have fluid animation, its another to forget your characters anatomy

- Lurking around Arlong Park between dumps -
    ------

Lump of Dirt

My pain is greater than yours.

its totally okay to have character thats mainly characterized by being stoic and unflappable fight like a looney toons short gone wrong

The animators drew it very loosely and over exaggerated it, of course it looks distorted if you freeze it. They didn't just decide to shit on pain's face, every frame was hand drawn in that style to show intensity in pain's face.

Personally I think its better than good art with stiff boring animation that you see in so many anime fights. But hey, I just think its rude to dismiss the entire fight as shit just because you don't like the art style.

its totally okay to have character thats mainly characterized by being stoic and unflappable fight like a looney toons short gone wrong

The animators drew it very loosely and over exaggerated it, of course it looks distorted if you freeze it.
    Ehhhh, you don't have to freeze it for it to look distorted.

They didn't just decide to shit on pain's face, every frame was hand drawn in that style to show intensity in pain's face.
    That seems to have been made in that style to show the aspects of Silly Putty in Pain's face. Not exactly intense.

Personally I think its better than good art with stiff boring animation that you see in so many anime fights. But hey, I just think its rude to dismiss the entire fight as shit just because you don't like the art style.
    I think there exists a middle-ground that can be met, but oftentimes just isn't. This example was extremely tipped in the direction of animation over art. They just didn't...try...at all with this art. I mean, how can you willingly produce something that looks so... laughable?

The animators drew it very loosely and over exaggerated it, of course it looks distorted if you freeze it. They didn't just decide to shit on pain's face, every frame was hand drawn in that style to show intensity in pain's face.
    Yeah dude, Picasso faces are really intense.

Quote Originally Posted by Badass SnoCone View Post
    I think there exists a middle-ground that can be met, but oftentimes just isn't. This example was extremely tipped in the direction of animation over art. They just didn't...try...at all with this art. I mean, how can you willingly produce something that looks so... laughable?
    Its not that they didn't try, again its just the style of art that goes with the animation. I don't know the name but its common in japanese animation studios.

Its not like they haven't done it before
    Spoiler:

Anyways

I hate the haters gonna hate, it's just what whiny brats use when the can't win an argument

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    I hate the haters gonna hate, it's just what whiny brats use when the can't win an argument
    I accept and respect your opinion that you think Pain's animation was shit. If you don't like it, then you just don't like it. I'm well aware that I can't change your opinion about that. I still personally however, like it.

Does that make you feel any better?

Nobody is saying the animation was shit. The ART was amazingly shitty, and you're trying to excuse it, for whatever reason, when it obviously is bad.

Well played.

Though perhaps it would be a Looney Tunes short gone very right.

[edit: Just now watched the video. So...yeah.]

Quote Originally Posted by Drayenko View Post
    Nobody is saying the animation was shit. The ART was amazingly shitty, and you're trying to excuse it, for whatever reason, when it obviously is bad.
    Once again, I like the art. I think it adds to the animation. I think they did it on purpose. If you think its shit then fine, I'm happy for you. Am I personally not allowed to like it myself?

I just don't think its fair to call the entire fight shit just because you don't like the art style.
    Last edited by zxcv11791; April 8th, 2012 at 09:23 PM.

Yeah, the entire fight was shit for separate reasons.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Just gonna throw my two cents in, not sure if people care, but whatever.

Animation fluidity is really important to me because stilted movements annoy me more than anything else. It slows down fights in general because the characters don't seem to have a natural flow about their actions. That being said, when the art is THAT bad, then I take offense to it slightly. There are some instances though where I think the face faults look better than the original drawings..... okay just kidding but still. I appreciate animation, but in this case, I'll side with the majority when judging the Pain fight.

Wow. I had never seen the Pain fight animated before. But haha...okay so normally I don't mind the exaggerated animation technique some use, (I like the use of it one One Piece....sometimes.) I also enjoyed it for Naruto and Sasuke's first fight, but this Pain fight was really wonky to look at. At least Pain's portion of it. I thought Naruto looked neat all squiggly and that it works because he wasn't really himself at this point.

I thought that the run cycle and the getting pounded into the ground was a parody at first. It seemed very out of place for the normal Naruto drawing style. The faces get so distorted it doesn't look like the same show. It doesn't really make a difference if this was a static image. If you can still see the extreme squash stretch and warp while it's moving I think they slightly over did it. I think it would have done better in a scene with illusion stuff going on to increase the odd feeling if they really wanted to do this.

Also Pain's voice is way deeper than I ever imagined it would have been. o_o.

Closed Thread

Thread Information