Closed Thread
Page 188 of 500 FirstFirst ... 88 138 178 186 187 188 189 190 198 238 288 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,760 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI:Aye, Aye, Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Yep. And Kakashi said that the Byakugan was even more powerful than the Sharingan.
    Remember when the Sharingan was descended from the Byakugan?

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    Remember when the Byakugan was relevant to anything
    Byakugan....is that some eye technique that was treated as a powerful technique waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the oiriginal? during the early episodes?
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Didn't the episode revolve around a bunch of monsters coming of balls and fighting and spirits and cards and stuff?

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI:Ganbatte! Smile!

I love how sasukes mad they didn't know and that's why he wants to kill them, yet he killed him because he didn't know

I'll kill you for disrespecting him even though I've been disrespecting him my whole life and was the reason he died... and they say he's not emo

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    Why have I never seen this guy's stuff before? lol.

"The problem with Naruto is that Kishimoto does not follow the modern ideas of what makes a story great. His ultimate inspiration seems to come from mythology. Just look at how LOTR had to be changed to appeal to the masses.

People simply want a straight forward story, where villains are evil, heroes are good. Main character keeps getting stronger and destroys rivals, saves the day and marries the girl. However, that is not the way things are going in Naruto.

The truth is Kishimoto has a FAR Natural grasp of Philosophy than most other stories and he won't compromise th theme of the story."
    . .

Quote Originally Posted by some fuck View Post
    "The problem with Naruto is that Kishimoto does not follow the modern ideas of what makes a story great. His ultimate inspiration seems to come from mythology. Just look at how LOTR had to be changed to appeal to the masses.

People simply want a straight forward story, where villains are evil, heroes are good. Main character keeps getting stronger and destroys rivals, saves the day and marries the girl. However, that is not the way things are going in Naruto.

The truth is Kishimoto has a FAR Natural grasp of Philosophy than most other stories and he won't compromise th theme of the story."
    The most insulting thing in here is the bit about LotR being "changed to appeal to the masses". He certainly can't be talking about the books themselves, implying Tolkien had some original vision that his editors rejected, because that would be beyond bullshit. But seeing as how the movies are probably the best book -> movie transition ever, talking like they got dumbed down or something seems wrongheaded. There are differences, but that's because a 5-hour movie just isn't palatable. You have to cut some things, and change some dialogue around, so that you get all the really important characters in the important places saying the important things. Also the idea of putting LotR and Naruto on any sort of similar plane feels disgustingly wrong. And I also get the sense this dude doesn't understand LotR at all, either, because it's totally all about classic good vs evil, it's pretty much the definition of a straight forward hero's journey, except told in the most exquisite manner possible. Is he trying to take a shot at it, saying Naruto is better than any incarnation of LotR, on virtue of its "complex philosophical themes"? How could anyone even type such a concept? I think I have to lie down.

My glasses, I can't use my byakugan without my glasses.

Jinkies

Former Chief Warden Venomous Warden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    That was excellent, these must be posted every week!

Oh and am i the only one who noticed Izanami flipped is IM-A-NAZI?

gasp, weve come full circle back to bleach

*ricky ricardo voice* kishi has some splaining to do
    - Lurking around Arlong Park between dumps -
    ------

Izanami is a shinto deity. Nice try though

For our best case scenario, next week Itachi will set up the jutsu that will most likely blind him, but give Sasuke the opportunity to use Tsukuyomi on Kabuto.

After this is resolved I'm assuming after Itachi and Sasuke talk he'll feel happy that Sasuke is becoming good, or finding his own way or whatever and his soul will break free of the Edo Tensei.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

A dog exists somewhere David Ludwig's Avatar

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Bad_Lith View Post
    The most insulting thing in here is the bit about LotR being "changed to appeal to the masses". He certainly can't be talking about the books themselves, implying Tolkien had some original vision that his editors rejected, because that would be beyond bullshit. But seeing as how the movies are probably the best book -> movie transition ever, talking like they got dumbed down or something seems wrongheaded. There are differences, but that's because a 5-hour movie just isn't palatable. You have to cut some things, and change some dialogue around, so that you get all the really important characters in the important places saying the important things. Also the idea of putting LotR and Naruto on any sort of similar plane feels disgustingly wrong. And I also get the sense this dude doesn't understand LotR at all, either, because it's totally all about classic good vs evil, it's pretty much the definition of a straight forward hero's journey, except told in the most exquisite manner possible. Is he trying to take a shot at it, saying Naruto is better than any incarnation of LotR, on virtue of its "complex philosophical themes"? How could anyone even type such a concept? I think I have to lie down.

yeah.. i already finished reading the whole thread and that guy who write that is fucking stupid.

Former Chief Warden Venomous Warden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by David Ludwig View Post
    His eyes look a bit strangely drawn there, like one has a cake and the other has a pie for a pupil
    - Lurking around Arlong Park between dumps -
    ------

something tells me the only reason we're having this little ItaSuke vs Kabumaru confrontation is because Kishi needed to start creating his "Sasuke Redemption" story.

Closed Thread

Thread Information