Closed Thread
Page 186 of 500 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 184 185 186 187 188 196 236 286 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,720 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI:Ganbatte! Smile!

So I'm missing something or once Kabuto will end the Edo Tensei because the brothers forced him to, Itachi will imediately 'die'? I understand that he's free from Kabuto's control now, but he's still 'alive' because of the Edo Tensei's chakra..right? So he's indeed a liar.

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarcelloF View Post
    Sasuke didn't even use it.
    Not yet, but I'll eat my head if he doesn't use it in a future fight with no training whatsoever.

Shipmate

Naruto, unlike any other manga, leaves me emotionless. It doesn't leave me happy or angry, disgusted or delighted. I plainly don't feel anything for the characters and the story.

Look, Kabuto has a giant snake in the front his torso. And yet, I feel nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Sigh. I try to make this a more positive place, but you make it hard Kishi, you make it very hard.
    Kishimoto is the one with the most negative view of his own manga.

By the way, is this is the difference between the negative and positive approaches?

Quote Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
    I'm going to drown you, I'm going to drown you like a sack of dumb puppies.
    Quote Originally Posted by pyromonki View Post
    I.. this post... wow. I wish I could enjoy things like you could.
    Let other people enjoy what they like and enjoy what you like yourself - unless the things we enjoy are at the polar ends of the enjoyment spectrum. Then where is the fine line set to keep us away from the negativity?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    By the way, is this is the difference between the negative and positive approaches?

Let other people enjoy what they like and enjoy what you like yourself - unless the things we enjoy are at the polar ends of the enjoyment spectrum. Then where is the fine line set to keep us away from the negativity?
    Yeah... that's the sort of thing thats become the norm for this place that I'd like to break us out of.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Naruto, unlike any other manga, leaves me emotionless. It doesn't leave me happy or angry, disgusted or delighted. I plainly don't feel anything for the characters and the story.

you seem to have missed the quote I used in my post, as well as the implied humor it involves. This is more a tribute than some random member bashing.

Maybe it was too dry and presumptuous. So to confirm it was a joke.
    Last edited by Smudger; April 4th, 2012 at 10:16 AM.

How was what I said negative?
    if you want to check out my game progress: http://soggybreadgm.tumblr.com/

King of One Piece Parody Sonic Youth's Avatar

Ugh. This is so bad.
    Who exactly is Mumbo?
    It's OFFICIAL, UsoppXNami 4ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Myself
    I'm betting it'll be something like

"Behold our sharingan powers!"
    "Ahaha, through research I have devised the perfect sharingan counter!"
    "Ahaha, but since I, Itachi, am a super-genius, I happen to have just the counter for that!"
    "Ahaha, that would have worked, except I have a failsafe backup technique!"
    "Ahaha, too bad everything was illusions!"
    "ooooooooh noooooooes!"
    Well, I've got the first three.

Ever since the Fullbring arc ended Naruto has been giving Bleach a run for its money in badness, and this week Naruto wins without a context. This is just bad. I usually reserve rants like this for Bleach, but this weeks chapter deserves it.

First few pages are terribly paced. It's just Kabuto states something we know, Uchiha reaction shot. Kabuto says something obvious, Uchiha reaction shot. Kabuto says something ending with ellipses, reactions shot.
    Then comes the Sasuke flashback, which is just so forced its unbelievable.
    Firstly, why is Sasuke and Tobi just strolling around alone, randomly, ot in the friggin open? Were they just thirsty? Sasuke is one of the most wanted men in the world, and there he is at a bar wearing the most conspicuous hoodie ever, instead of Idunno, Transforming into something else?
    Secondly, the leaf ninjas' talk isn't offensive. At all. They call Itachi a traitor, and one expresses his regret that he wasn't the one to put him to justice. Thats it. Guess what Sasuke, as Tobi says: thats all they know is true. Thats all Itachi made sure they knew was true. And until 5 minutes ago, you would have shouted "Yeah thats right!" and shared a beer with them.
    And of course, it's all completely unnecesary, since we already know quite clearly that "blablabla village shits over Itachis sacrifice those fuckers!" is Sasukes only motivation right now. We don't need reminding.

And while Kabuto and Sasuke are debating the evils of Konoha, even when Sasuke states that he'll destroy it for his brothers sake, Itachi doesn't say a damn thing. Even though he's right next to him. Kabuto went as far as call out the very stupidest thing about Sasukes motivation, and the most we get is "It's all my fault. I'll talk to you about it later." If I came back from the dead and someone told me my younger sibling was taking the biggest dump ever on my life goal, I think I would have some reaction. Any reaction. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the first time Itachi has heard Sasukes brilliant Avenge my Brother master plan? I think at least a "Wait What?" would be in order.

Kabutos backstory just sucks something fierce. Waaaah, the ninja village that trains people as ninjas since childhood sent, me, a child, on espionage missions! I losing my identity, I have no comrades, I can't handle these missions! And now, they stop sending me on missions?! Those BASTARDS!

Finally theres the joyous prospect of yet more sharinwank overpowered justus, and that spread is just so pointless. It's not even the jutsu itself, it's just Itachi saying the jutsus name as he blocks a completely unimpressive attack. I can see why that is worthy of a two page spread.

When did Kabuto find out about the truth behind Itachi? I thought only the konoha higher ups knew about it.

If Izanami "forms a pair" izanagi, won't Itachi go blind in both eyes...again? That or Sasuke does Izanami and Itachi does Izanagi which fuses their body together becoming Itauke, the ultimate Uchiha.

Also Kabuto looks like he is trying to do chidori in the last few panels.

Edit: As for being a negative nancy about Naruto, its just hard to stay positive. This chapter was incredibly pointless and went nowhere but to just introduce us to another OP sharingan ability. I mean its even hard to appreciate the art when its just reaction shots and walls of text, and the last clash on the panel was not impressive at all.
    Last edited by zxcv11791; April 4th, 2012 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    Sharingan red-glossy black chapter. Kishi, stop making asspulls like this, if your gonna magic up a new technique, at least make it original! Stop this "I have a sharingan so i have unlimited shitsu no jutsu", it got boring as soon as everyone could use Susanoo, if not earlier.

EDIT: so I was ranting on youtube and I found out that Sharingan powerups do have a logic to them, so Izanami is actually justifiable. Then again, it's not like Sasuke *trained* or anything to learn how to use it!
    Oh, do tell.

Saucegay's redemption arc is picking up speed. Will the death of Kabuto make him cry?

Quote Originally Posted by Samwize78 View Post
    Kabuto used to be a spy for Sasori. I guess he took a great liking to Orochimaru so he switched sides.
    I always thought that he was never a spy for Sasori, but just pretending to be one.

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pookiez View Post
    Oh, do tell.
    I see, I formed that sentence quite badly. No, there is no justification for giving OP powerups. However, the techniques are named after japanese deitys, so Izanami was to be expected eventually. That said, even if you go by the logic "I need sharingans to have the names of japanese deitys" that is not a reason to make every single powerup OP and/or plain stupid

Yeah, I don't think "logic" would be the right word to use there ;P

"baww he did it for them"
    Why is Sasuke crying over this? Part of what Itachi did involved instilling hatred in him in the most ass way possible. I really hope what he did with Akatsuki doesn't get glossed over, or worse, called heroic.

Shipmate

Why were Sasuke and Tobi in some random Konoha bar? Were they bar hopping? And if so, why both of them were so sober?

Quote Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
    you seem to have missed the quote I used in my post, as well as the implied humor it involves. This is more a tribute than some random member bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by pyromonki View Post
    How was what I said negative?
    Sorry, I just used both of your posts taken without context and intent to illustrate the difference between passive and aggressive tone towards the same opinion. Not to define how things should be or anything.

Kishi no. What are you doing.

I guess now that we know Kabuto's backstory, we're never gonna get an explaination for this.

(Also, remember when Naruto was actually really crafty? And remember when he had a whole lot of potential? Kishi why.)

When reading the big three, I usually read Bleach first and One Piece last because I like to start with the worst and end with the best.

Naruto's finally switched places with Bleach.

Tobi and Sasuke- two Sharingan users- are sitting in a bar with Konoha ninja a few feet away from them. That fact alone is funny but the best thing is that Sasuke wants to punish them with blunt attacks instead of, you know, using his overpowered eyes? Genjutsu anyone? Acting like a real shinobi for once? No? Yeah thought so. And fucking christ- those Konoha ninja must be some real idiots not to realize the two suspicious looking fellas at the bar.

I could go on with other negative comments regarding this chapter and Naruto in general but I'll try to find a positive one instead. Something positive about this week's chapter... positive... at least not completely retarded since positive won't be possible... well the next Naruto game will probably feature Izanami as an attack and it will most likely look pretty neat. Generally speaking this is the only thing that I like about the Sharingan powers - their design. All of them may be complete garbage when it comes to logic but one can't deny that they look appealing and to a certain degree even badass; at least in my opinion. That being said I'm honestly looking forward to see Izanami's execution.

Quote Originally Posted by Pookiez View Post
    I always thought that he was never a spy for Sasori, but just pretending to be one.
    I've always assumed he was a spy for Sasori back when Oro was still in Akatsuki. Oro probably broke the hypnotism and had Kabuto continue to act as Sasori's spy up until Oro betrayed Akatsuki.

I've gotten so severely uninterested in Kabuto in the past few weeks. What a waste of a character.

And, oh look, Itachi pulls a random attack out of nowhere. Why didn't he ever use this when he was alive?

Closed Thread

Thread Information