Closed Thread
Page 180 of 500 FirstFirst ... 80 130 170 178 179 180 181 182 190 230 280 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,600 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI:Ganbatte! Smile!

Quote Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
    I wonder if we will ever get another opportunity with any other series out there???
    Maybe this Sunday.

Since people seem convinced I'm pulling a prank with this attitude, I'm just going to have to do something really obvious.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Maybe this Sunday.

Since people seem convinced I'm pulling a prank with this attitude, I'm just going to have to do something really obvious.

.......... vs Toriko

just so I can beat up Toriko regardless of how bad it's adversary is.

I have no problem with people having a different opinion than me. If someone likes Bleach or Naruto that's perfectly fine. What annoys me is when they can't give a legitmimate reason why they like them. I don't even care if its a shallow reason that much if its legitimate, though I might say I find it shallow. The fans who really annoy me are ones who can't accept any flaws with the series or who say they like it because of something that is just blatantly untrue (such as saying Naruto has no plotholes or something like that). If a person can see the flaws, recognize them, and not care, than I have no problem with them. Hell, if they don't see the same things as flaws that I do, I'll try to be fine with that as well. It just seems to me like most current Naruto and Bleach fans are the irrational type who can't bear to accept any flaws or issues exist within their series, and try to convince themselves of this with very flawed logic

A dog exists somewhere David Ludwig's Avatar

Agreed, Robby. There's a difference between insulting something, and insulting people who like it. There are quite a few things I like that are bad, but I enjoy them anyway. It's fine as long as you're willing to accept the flaws. As long as your having fun with it, it shouldn't matter.

As for Naruto, I find it entertaining, but pretty bad. Even so, I don't have any problem with someone liking it, and certainly won't insult them for that alone.
    Last edited by David Ludwig; March 29th, 2012 at 03:17 PM. Reason: I also really hope this isn't a prank, because I really agree with him.

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

Talk about the good stuff!
    Zabuza Arc. The sheer beginning of the series, childish, yet warmly enticing at the same time.

The Chuunin Exams, which I found to be exciting. All the match-ups and interesting fights, the promise of ALL THOSE new and exciting characters, each with what seemed to be interesting personalities from the relatively little we saw, leaving me wanting to learn more about them and see more.

Dramatic tension. It was there.

Funny moments.

Sad moments.

Rock. Lee.

......I miss the series when it was good.

Reminiscing on "the good ol' days".

Now I'm kinda depressed that Naruto's not of that quality anymore. Unless it's improved since I left off at the beginning of the war with all the resurrected dead people. Has it? Tell me it has?

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

Quote Originally Posted by Badass SnoCone View Post
    Rock. Lee.
    I could not have said it any better myself.

As for the later war arc. If you think that every single character (almost) that's died in the series being ressurected by a half-Kabuto half-Orochimaru and then fighting people in relations to them when they were alive and then learning lessons, and talking Tailed Beasts with flashbacks about the Sage of Six Paths babysitted the baby Biju, as well as the main villain not acutally being the main villain is better than the above; then yeah I'd say it's right up your ally.

As I've said before when the respective chapter came out in the former Bleach/Naruto superthread I rather like the idea of our villain Tobi/Not Madara not really being Madara and in fact preferring to be known as someone without a name. I can't exactly articulate why, but if I had to try, having a nameless, enigmatic man who wants to enact the Moon's Eye Plan in contrast to our protagonist who's entire life's purpose has been getting acknowledged as a person is a splendid contrast.

Although that does bring up the question who could possibly gather this much power and resources is another question. Chances are it'll be answered by the end of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by RPGJay View Post
    I rather like the idea of our villain Tobi/Not Madara
    ...Saywhanow ?

...Saywhanow ?
    The masked man is not Madara. Nor is he Tobi we knew.

Quote Originally Posted by RPGJay View Post
    The masked man is not Madara. Nor is he Tobi we knew.
    Hm. Did it work well as a shocking reveal and was it well written?

EDIT: Does this mean Tobi may make a return? The old, comedic Tobi?
    Last edited by Badass SnoCone; March 29th, 2012 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Oh, Tobi. We hardly knew ye T_T

Hm. Did it work well as a shocking reveal and was it well written?

EDIT: Does this mean Tobi may make a return? The old, comedic Tobi?
    Well Tobi didn't go back to being silly. He still seems to be the front man for the War. Just now Madara is out and about summoning meteors.

I don't recall the reveal, but I guess if I don't really remember then it may not have been as grand as it coulda been. But it does leave you wondering who Tobi is. Mysteries!

On the topic of liking crappy manga or other types of media, I'll fully admit I used to like reading To-Love-Ru back when it was on a weekly format. It had no story or anything, but I enjoyed just turning off any 'I'm going to criticize this.' functions in my brain, and just enjoying what new adventure or scenario was going on in the week's chapter. It did make me go 'Why are you complaining about a lack of story? It's To-Love-Ru' whenever someone brought it up who's been reading it though.

As for Fairy Tail, I can certainly see why people enjoy it. It's cliche-ridden like crazy, but whenever I read it, I at least always feel like the author really cares about the manga, and it has a lot of work put into it. I'm still in the camp that feels like it'd do better as a comedy manga rather than a battle manga though.

For Naruto, I guess I can enjoy fanfiction of it. There's a lot of good ideas there though I feel like a lot of them aren't executed nearly as well as they can be. Since I'm not that crazy about it, I can go into a fanfiction for it, and enjoy it very easily. Whenever I try to read one for One Piece, I can't really get into it since most fanfic writers can't do humor and characterization of the Strawhats' nearly well enough. I don't really read fanfiction these days though.

Now that's entirely the wrong attitude to have. For starters, I'm personally a stickler for doing April Fools jokes on April 1. But a few days ago something happened, and I talked to someone whose opinion and judgment I really trust, and he said a few things that got me thinking, and I've been stewing on them and contemplating since.

When did we get so bitter and pessimistic that any attempt to be upbeat about these stories became a bad thing? that we just go into the chapters absolutely expecting the worst? Countless newbies have come and gone, and been downright mocked or kicked out for liking a bad series. Arlong Park is known as the mean spirited place around the net, and OP fans are seen as the mean and angry ones, when it should be the opposite.

Its not liking a bad series thats itself a problem, but adamant loving without acceptance of its flaws while insulting others that's the problem.

The fact that the immediate reactions of my resplitting the threads and saying "be positive!" from everyone so far is "this spells trouble" and "Robby is up to something" kind of reinforce the idea that... things really have gone wrong somewhere along the way.

We lump two different mangas together just so the bile stays in one thread. If that's going to be the outcome that really does honestly work best and that everyone wants, then fine. But do we have to trash and argue about everything endlessly? For me personally its constantly going on about the HxH hiatuses, or the fact that Sonic games will never get better (when they have actually been improving) or things like that. Can we just simply not go into threads of stuff that bothers us? Or find at least something to like?

Just, you know, try for at least a little while to be more positive and friendly in general.
    I think this sums it up pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Well Tobi didn't go back to being silly. He still seems to be the front man for the War. Just now Madara is out and about summoning meteors.
    Well darn. I had hoped for the Tobi of old to return. Alas. He has not.

Oh, Tobi...

Hidden:

It's okay, Tobi. Dance. Dance if you feel you want to. Don't repress your former self:

Last edited by Badass SnoCone; March 29th, 2012 at 06:48 PM.

I actually feel a bit safer expressing my opinions about Naruto with the current turn of events...

The thing is, Naruto is what introduced me to Japanese anime/manga, specifically their artstyle. I've always loved drawing comics ever since I was young, but it wasn't until that one day when I say my bro playing Ultimate Ninja 3 on the PS2 that I became fully interested in drawing out cool action scenes and techniques.
    I'll admit that Naruto's artstyle was simplistic and often easy to draw, but I guess that's exactly what allowed me to doodle the characters all the time while in class. With the exact same facial structure, I could draw tens of characters simply by switching around the hair and eyes. I was excited by this notion, and turned into a fan of the Japanese style.
    It wasn't until I read One Piece that I learned how fun diversifying your character shapes can be. But Naruto still holds a special place in me for being the one to teach me (or at the very least, make me teach myself) the basics of Japanese manga art.
    I was drawing Ninja Turtles before Naruto, actually...(I can draw four characters by learning one body structure? That's amazing!!) It's what taught me how to draw the curves of human muscles and various action poses. Naruto taught me how to properly proportion a human body and how to draw a face. One Piece taught me how to do whatever the hell I wanted.

I did like akatsuki I was upset though when I found out he planned on making them all monsters like kisame and zetsu and then scrapped the idea, I thought that would have been awesome

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

When you speak of monsters, does puppet-boy and needle&thread man not count?

LOVE AND PEACE

Quote Originally Posted by tarrin4ever View Post
    When you speak of monsters, does puppet-boy and needle&thread man not count?
    sasori yes.

As for the thread guy(can't remneber name) his not...i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Katsura View Post
    sasori yes.

As for the thread guy(can't remneber name) his not...i think.
    Really? I mean given his true form looked like this,

I'd be willing to go as far as saying he aint human anymore.

LOVE AND PEACE

Quote Originally Posted by tarrin4ever View Post
    Really? I mean given his true form looked like this,

http://80.190.202.79/pic/c/clanasrn/kakuzutrueform.jpg

I'd be willing to go as far as saying he aint human anymore.
    Ok you're right you win.

Closed Thread

Thread Information