Closed Thread
Page 179 of 500 FirstFirst ... 79 129 169 177 178 179 180 181 189 229 279 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,580 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI:Ganbatte! Smile!

No matter how many times I read this, I still love this double page spread. And I don't mean it in an ironic way or a "I hate Sasuke" way. I legitimately enjoy this:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    Be cautious everyone, April Fool's approaches.
    Now that's entirely the wrong attitude to have. For starters, I'm personally a stickler for doing April Fools jokes on April 1. But a few days ago something happened, and I talked to someone whose opinion and judgment I really trust, and he said a few things that got me thinking, and I've been stewing on them and contemplating since.

When did we get so bitter and pessimistic that any attempt to be upbeat about these stories became a bad thing? that we just go into the chapters absolutely expecting the worst? Countless newbies have come and gone, and been downright mocked or kicked out for liking a bad series. Arlong Park is known as the mean spirited place around the net, and OP fans are seen as the mean and angry ones, when it should be the opposite.

Its not liking a bad series thats itself a problem, but adamant loving without acceptance of its flaws while insulting others that's the problem.

The fact that the immediate reactions of my resplitting the threads and saying "be positive!" from everyone so far is "this spells trouble" and "Robby is up to something" kind of reinforce the idea that... things really have gone wrong somewhere along the way.

We lump two different mangas together just so the bile stays in one thread. If that's going to be the outcome that really does honestly work best and that everyone wants, then fine. But do we have to trash and argue about everything endlessly? For me personally its constantly going on about the HxH hiatuses, or the fact that Sonic games will never get better (when they have actually been improving) or things like that. Can we just simply not go into threads of stuff that bothers us? Or find at least something to like?

Just, you know, try for at least a little while to be more positive and friendly in general.
    Last edited by Robby; March 29th, 2012 at 09:55 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Here's my positive thought, but it's probably not what you want: I really enjoy having Naruto and Bleach because they help me appreciate One Piece so much more.

And I mean that sincerely.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Now that's entirely the wrong attitude to have. For starters, I'm personally a stickler for doing April Fools jokes on April 1. But a few days ago something happened, and I talked to someone whose opinion and judgment I really trust, and he said a few things that got me thinking, and I've been stewing on them and contemplating since.

When did we get so bitter and pessimistic that any attempt to be upbeat about these stories became a bad thing? that we just go into the chapters absolutely expecting the worst? Countless newbies have come and gone, and been downright mocked or kicked out for liking a bad series. Arlong Park is known as the mean spirited place around the net, and OP fans are seen as the mean and angry ones, when it should be the opposite.

Its not liking a bad series thats itself a problem, but adamant loving without acceptance of its flaws while insulting others that's the problem.

The fact that the immediate reactions of my resplitting the threads and saying "be positive!" from everyone so far is "this spells trouble" and "Robby is up to something" kind of reinforce the idea that... things really have gone wrong somewhere along the way.

We lump two different mangas together just so the bile stays in one thread. If that's going to be the outcome that really does honestly work best and that everyone wants, then fine. But do we have to trash and argue about everything endlessly? For me personally its constantly going on about the HxH hiatuses, or the fact that Sonic games will never get better (when they have actually been improving) or things like that. Can we just simply not go into threads of stuff that bothers us? Or find at least something to like?

Just, you know, try for at least a little while to be more positive and friendly in general.
    ........................................Yeah, definitely April Fools.

Buuuuuut, on the offchance that you are sincere: you do have a point. Is it really so bad to like a shitty comic/TV show/movie? Hell, there's plenty of shitty stuff I like (live action Grinch, Space Jam, the Star Wars prequels, Adam Sandler movies, etc.), but I do acknowledge their faults and failures as creative works.

And you know what, I'll say it, I don't hate Naruto. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's a good series by any stretch of the imagination, but I still think there's a few things that Kishi does right, or at least adequately. And while I could give less of a fuck about Sasuke and all the other random filler characters, I'm still somewhat invested in the Konoha 11 and I continue to hope against hope that Kishi will do something interesting with them, and I'm certainly invested in finding out how things will turn out for Hinata and her "relationship" with Naruto (poor girl deserves a happy ending).

As Anton Ego said, "The bitter truth we critics must face is that in the grand scheme of things the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so."

While we're free to have our opinions about this series, which most-likely are entirely justified, perhaps we should be a bit more open-minded and willing to accept those who may see some merit in this series. (although, juju, forget about it. He pretty much deserves whatever he gets). I mean, would you shun a close friend or family member if they liked something that you thought was stupid?*

*In the event that this is an elaborate April Fools Day joke, this post shall be rendered null and void.

Fun fact: Naruto's what really got me into manga in the first place.

Back when there were only about 3 volumes released here, I saw the first on a shelf at a Borders. Reading the first chapter while my the rest of my family kept looking around, I decided I really liked it and got it. And holy shit, it was awesome!

Soon after, I had all three. By the time the 5th came out, I was sick of the waiting period between volumes (back when it was 3-4 months), so I looked online for a place I could keep reading it.

And the rest is history.

Quote Originally Posted by RPGJay View Post
    No matter how many times I read this, I still love this double page spread. And I don't mean it in an ironic way or a "I hate Sasuke" way. I legitimately enjoy this:
    Seconded. Naruto flipping out and using the Kyuubi chakra is one of my favorite things in the whole series.
    Last edited by Cruithne; March 29th, 2012 at 10:47 AM.

why are naruto and Bleach seperated?

Really? For this change of heart to come JUST around April Fool's day? Color me suspicious and I don't care if that makes me cynical and paranoid.
    Last edited by TLC; March 29th, 2012 at 10:51 AM. Reason: If it's not an April Fool's scheme, I'll gladly eat my words though.

I don't really hate Naruto either. Maybe it's 'cause I really just recently kind of quick-read it and haven't really been following it for a long time, but there are some merits to this series. It's not completely terrible, but it's not amazing either and I think there are plenty of better shounen titles. Personally, I'm kind of indifferent to this series, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    ........................................Yeah, definitely April Fools.
    Again. I'm a stickler for actual date-of for April Fools. You at least should be aware of what happened Tuesday to get me thinking about this.

And while I could give less of a fuck about Sasuke and all the other random filler characters, I'm still somewhat invested in the Konoha 11 and I continue to hope against hope that Kishi will do something interesting with them, and I'm certainly invested in finding out how things will turn out for Hinata and her "relationship" with Naruto (poor girl deserves a happy ending).
    For all that they get ignored, I still really like the entire main side cast. And we do get them in spades in teh Rock Lee spinoff, at least, which retains the heart and joy the series once had.

As Anton Ego said, "The bitter truth we critics must face is that in the grand scheme of things the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so."
    It's fun to rag on things, and I have no love for the series as is... but I've been made to contemplate the fact that other people come in, say we're being biased meanies, and we just laugh it off as outsider newbish-ness, and carry on with being assholes.

Some cases like Juju fully deserve it, and when these series are at their worst they deserve it, but... we don't have to be non-stop negative to everyone and every aspect do we?

Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-chan View Post
    Really? For this change of heart to come JUST around April Fool's day? Color me suspicious and I don't care if that makes me cynical and paranoid.
    Nope, something happened on Tuesday and someone whose opinion I really respect said something to me. They were talking about someone else entirely that they didn't like much, but a lot of the negative things they talked about applied to me as well. Without realizing it, one of my best friends was accidentally insulting me and the way I've been acting for a long time. Put me in a lousy mood all night and all of Wednesday, got me stewing on it, and thinking. I talked to him about it, and... I can adjust the way I act.

For instance, over in the "If you could ask Oda one question" thread... there's a couple new members in there, March 2012, saying they like Fairy Tail.

And my first impulse is to go "Geez, how can you to like that?" But, in the mood to temper my negative impulses after the thing that happened on Tuesday, I said simply asked, "Why do you think Fairy Tail is amazing? I just can't see it myself." and I got a really thoughtful, sincere, JOYFUL and lengthy reply. And upon getting that reply, I can actually SEE what they like about it, and I can't argue the point. And it made me smile to see that kind of attitude. Made me actually SMILE. It was a breath of fresh air to hear that kind of actual enthusiastic perspective about something as opposed to the constant grumpy relentless beat downs we all do.

I can't get past the story flaws personally, but... why should I then go into a rant against a new member and try to crush their spirit and break them down and list flaw after flaw? Its fun to argue with complete idiots and break them apart sometimes, but does it have to be every person that comes along? I could start saying negative things about Fairy Tail, and because I've been here for years, other people would follow me and jump down their throats, and before you know it, these two new innocent and bright eyed newbies get crushed by the legion of bitter old fans that we all are... in a topic not even related to Fairy Tail, and then they leave, don't come back, and complain about this nasty place in other forums and how all One Piece fans are bitter bastards... and if you leave this forum, you see that opinion really does carry far and wide.

Other people have said these things to me before, and I just brushed them off as rude assholes. But to hear it, indirectly from one of my best friends, whose opinion I highly value, and realize the trap we've been in? That I've been a rude asshole? And for a LONG TIME, at that?

It doesn't need to be that way. It shouldn't be. We shouldn't all be acting like old-school Zephos all the time. We should all try to be more like Mama Buster Call.
    Last edited by Robby; March 29th, 2012 at 11:28 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I do hate Naruto, it's literally taking the route of Dragonball with none of the joy, ignoring the characters when they actually still have unleft plot threads leaving the fans constantly thirsting for more and not in a good way. There's no excuse for it either, no one's forcing Kishimoto to do this. I'd rather he have taken a long break than work miserable.

Still, some techniques and fights are pretty cool, and the diverse cast of characters brought to the table a character for almost every type of reader. It's a shame their neglected now.

It's been said time and time again, and I'm not one to chase someone out for liking this manga (after all, I think I'm one of the only people who didn't think Juju should be banned for just liking the series, especially when he became a decent poster).

This manga just isn't for me, if someone gets enjoyment out of it, so be it. No manga's perfect, but this manga is pretty much dead to me.
    if you want to check out my game progress: http://soggybreadgm.tumblr.com/

Good points Robby. I'm still having a hard time finding something sincerely nice to say about Bleach and Naruto at the moment. Since I've hit the point that if I've been reading a series for years, I have a hard time just dropping it no matter the quality. But no, Naruto isn't the worst thing ever and I'm hopeful Bleach will have something good next chapter. So far it's already a lot better than the Fullbring arc, and it's only been 4 or 5 chapters? If I actually hated those series I would have stopped reading them altogether.

Again. I'm a stickler for actual date-of for April Fools. You at least should be aware of what happened Tuesday to get me thinking about this.
    Your friend?

I mean, I'm aware that you mentioned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Good points Robby. I'm still having a hard time finding something sincerely nice to say about Bleach and Naruto at the moment.
    I'm not even saying "You must find something good to say about this series!" I just think it wouldn't hurt for us to try being a little more upbeat about it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Your friend?

I mean, I'm aware that you mentioned it.
    I'm trying not to name names since it doesn't concern everyone. But it started when Sea came in to make his final post.

I'm not even saying "You must find something good to say about this series!" I just think it wouldn't hurt for us to try being a little more upbeat about it all.
    I thought that would be hand in hand. But yes, I can try to be more upbeat about it .

For a few days anyway. I'm trying to be more positive this week.
    Why just a week ?

Quote Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
    Why just a week ?
    I'm not sure sheer force of will can make any sort of difference long term. But once people's disbelief wears off, maybe a week is doable.

If it works, we can go from there.

I'm not sure sheer force of will can make any sort of difference long term. But once people's disbelief wears off, maybe a week is doable.

If it works, we can go from there.
    Ha I was actually referring to your positivity. :P

As for the thread itself; it worked pretty well merging them. Better than I thought, with the only drawback being the fact you have to face twice as much awful. Still it's kind of entertaining seeing two different mangas compared to such an extent.

I wonder if we will ever get another opportunity with any other series out there???

Random manga series battle commmmmmmmence!

*is stoned to death*

Quote Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
    Ha I was actually referring to your positivity. :P

As for the thread itself; it worked pretty well merging them. Better than I thought, with the only drawback being the fact you have to face twice as much awful. Still it's kind of entertaining seeing two different mangas compared to such an extent.

I wonder if we will ever get another opportunity with any other series out there???

Random manga series battle commmmmmmmence!

*is stoned to death*
    You're joking right? How about Hitman Reborn and Medoka Box?
    if you want to check out my game progress: http://soggybreadgm.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by pyromonki View Post
    You're joking right? How about Hitman Reborn and Medoka Box?
    But Medaka is almost over. Hitman I'm not sure where it is in terms of plot.

Actually...I need to start finding more manga to read. Medaka, Air Gear, Bleach, Naruto...those all seem to have an ending in sight.

The problem is we don't have enough fresh manga out that have a long lifespan still, are read by the majority or people here, and have some kind of similarity in terms of revenue, fan base and overall ratings.

Closed Thread

Thread Information