Closed Thread
Page 154 of 500 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 164 204 254 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,080 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

Quote Originally Posted by Luffyko View Post
    Hm... Pirateboard?
    From the sounds of it it should be called Ninjaboard instead
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    NAruto is already unofficially hokage. He's been acknowledged and accepted as such by EVERYONE who's opinion matters, including Tsunade, Kakashi, and the heads of pretty much the entire ninja community. The fact that Gaara was able to do it at age 16 proves its not an age thing. At this point he's just waiting for Tsunade to retire. As is he was several leagues ahead of everyone with Sage mode, and now he's jumped a few levels ahead of that with fox mode... including the super speed his father had. THE ENTIRE VILLAGE LOVES HIM now. A development that was totally off camera, mind you...

Granted, even though Naruto has the raw power, he'll actually make a *terrible* hokage since he can't deal with any of the political stuff and paperwork, But since he's ninja jesus and his speechifying makes everyone agree with him, even when his plans and ideas are the WRONG ones strategically... well I guess he'll be okay there since everyone else loses their brain around him. Even Raikage.
    Yet Naruto is still not the Hokage and his dream has not been reached. Having the whole village love you doesn't make you anything except a really loved person which is great, but it's still not the Hokage. Being an "unofficial" Hokage or a Hokage just waiting to happen shouldn't be satisfactory enough for someone who has been striving all his life to become the Hokage. It might seem like an unnecessary position for Naruto to reach for at this point since he already has 'Hero Status' among the villagers but it's his dream. It's his ultimate proof (besides trying to "save" Sasuke) that he never goes back on his word. Something he told everyone that's important to him all his life.
    Everything's Eventual...

Granted, even though Naruto has the raw power, he'll actually make a *terrible* hokage since he can't deal with any of the political stuff and paperwork, But since he's ninja jesus and his speechifying makes everyone agree with him, even when his plans and ideas are the WRONG ones strategically... well I guess he'll be okay there since everyone else loses their brain around him. Even Raikage.
    This. Naruto would be a terrible Hokage since another major qualification of the job beyond just simple strength is an actual BRAIN. Which Naruto never had and certainly doesn't have now. These days not only is he stupid he's also blind, at least when it comes to Sasuke.

Edit: Okay Outerspec let's stand back for a second. What we're saying is that Naruto's dream has been essentially fulfilled by having the love, respect and admiration of the entire village and by this point he'll be handed the title of Hokage on a silver platter in a few years. What you're saying is that his dream won't truly be fulfilled until he's *actually* Hokage. Considering his character it wouldn't surprise me if "Hokage or bust" was the case for him but what we're really getting at is that the fun of seeing him become Hokage is lost.

Back when we actually gave a crap, we wanted to see him become Hokage so that he would finally be respected by his village because Kishimoto really did do a good job of making Naruto's quest for admiration sympathetic (this was back when he was able to fully utilize his talents). Now he has the respect, admiration etc. of virtually everyone in the village and is beloved by all, so at this point it doesn't matter if he becomes Hokage or not, the reason the dream mattered has been fulfilled. That's basically what we're getting at.
    Last edited by Kareem Said; July 17th, 2011 at 11:26 PM.
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Yet Naruto is still not the Hokage and his dream has not been reached. Having the whole village love you doesn't make you anything except a really loved person which is great, but it's still not the Hokage. Being an "unofficial" Hokage or a Hokage just waiting to happen shouldn't be satisfactory enough for someone who has been striving all his life to become the Hokage. It might seem like an unnecessary position for Naruto to reach for at this point since he already has 'Hero Status' among the villagers but it's his dream. It's his ultimate proof (besides trying to "save" Sasuke) that he never goes back on his word. Something he told everyone that's important to him all his life.
    He's ALREADY Hokage in all but official title.

When you graduate high school, you're done the day you take your last test. After that its just waiting for the formal ceremony. You don't have to do or prove anything else or take any more test to graduate, you're done with school. Just waiting for the specific day where its made official.

When he president is elected in November, he's then President Elect. Doesn't have to do any more campaigning, he has the job. Just waiting for ceremony to take over... and in fact starts setting up his cabinet in advance during that remaining 2 months.

Naruto IS Hokage. If Tsunade died in the war, he'd get the rank. Simple as that. There's nothing else to prove or achieve, he's already officially on the list to be next, everyone knows he's going to be hokage, he has everyone's respect, and everyone just "stays out of his way" because hes so much stronger than them.

Kishi accidentally wrapped up his goal after Pain, pure and simple.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    This. Naruto would be a terrible Hokage since another major qualification of the job beyond just simple strength is an actual BRAIN. Which Naruto never had and certainly doesn't have now. These days not only is he stupid he's also blind, at least when it comes to Sasuke.

Edit: Okay Outerspec let's stand back for a second. What we're saying is that Naruto's dream has been essentially fulfilled by having the love, respect and admiration of the entire village and by this point he'll be handed the title of Hokage on a silver platter in a few years. What you're saying is that his dream won't truly be fulfilled until he's *actually* Hokage. Considering his character it wouldn't surprise me if "Hokage or bust" wasn't the case for him but what we're really getting at is that the fun of seeing him become Hokage is lost.

Back when we actually gave a crap, we wanted to see him become Hokage so that he would finally be respected by his village because Kishimoto really did do a good job of making Naruto's quest for admiration sympathetic (this was back when he was able to fully utilize his talents). Now he has the respect, admiration etc. of virtually everyone in the village and is beloved by all, so at this point it doesn't matter if he becomes Hokage or not, the reason the dream mattered has been fulfilled. That's basically what we're getting at.
    like you mentioned he's terrible at making logical decisions. what's worse is that he is a total puss when it comes to making the gutsy and bold decisions. isnt a leader supposed to fearless? instead we get someone who has a man crush on some dude who wants him dead, and will also faint at the very thought of seeing him destroyed.

btw how would you have felt if naruto found a way to tie up all lose ends and just ended at the pain arc? would it have been better off that way?

Quote Originally Posted by Pix View Post
    Just the anime. It's like if Ash won a tournament and then decided to keep going for no reason. The series has no business following the most unappealing and awful protagonist in the history of Shonen Jump when he's accomplished all he wants. Move on.

I know Oda has said One Piece won't end when Luffy gets to Raftel and finds the One Piece, but I doubt there's going to be another treasure and the series will just loop. If a series has run its course and succeeded, it should end on a high note. Don't drag it out, you're just beating a dead horse.

And that's what the series is to me now.

A dead, rotting, smelly horse.

You were saying?

You know I've always been wondering, what was so bad about Prince of Tennis's protagonist? I've never read/watched the series so I don't have a clue.

Those were pretty much the first two that came to my mind as well

Quote Originally Posted by RPGJay View Post
    You know I've always been wondering, what was so bad about Prince of Tennis's protagonist? I've never read/watched the series so I don't have a clue.
    Imagine if Sasuke was the main character in Naruto.

When you graduate high school, you're done the day you take your last test. After that its just waiting for the formal ceremony. You don't have to do or prove anything else or take any more test to graduate, you're done with school. Just waiting for the specific day where its made official.

When he president is elected in November, he's then President Elect. Doesn't have to do any more campaigning, he has the job. Just waiting for ceremony to take over... and in fact starts setting up his cabinet in advance during that remaining 2 months.

Naruto IS Hokage. If Tsunade died in the war, he'd get the rank. Simple as that. There's nothing else to prove or achieve, he's already officially on the list to be next, everyone knows he's going to be hokage, he has everyone's respect, and everyone just "stays out of his way" because hes so much stronger than them.

Not defending the story, just noting that the people who really have something to say didn't want Naruto, even after saving the village. Only "the rabble" did.

I haven't actually seen PoT or enough Felch to hate either of them as much as I detest Naruto.

I've heard terrible things though.
    ★ Better signature TBA: Never ★

Quote Originally Posted by IceBorg View Post
    Imagine if Sasuke was the main character in Naruto.
    Oh lord .

Ryoma really was too good. It was ridiculous. The side characters were cool though...
    if you want to check out my game progress: http://soggybreadgm.tumblr.com/

The whole series was ridiculous and not in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post

Edit: Okay Outerspec let's stand back for a second. What we're saying is that Naruto's dream has been essentially fulfilled by having the love, respect and admiration of the entire village and by this point he'll be handed the title of Hokage on a silver platter in a few years. What you're saying is that his dream won't truly be fulfilled until he's *actually* Hokage. Considering his character it wouldn't surprise me if "Hokage or bust" was the case for him but what we're really getting at is that the fun of seeing him become Hokage is lost.

I understand if you all would see him becoming Hokage as a redundant or unnecessary end to the story now that he already has 'Hero Status' among the villagers and has been praised as Hokage material, but I'd see it as him finally achieving his dream after over a decade already of reading this manga. From chapter 1 Naruto claimed he'd become Hokage and surpass the others. I can't just be satisfied him being next in line and I don't see how'd he'd be satisfied either. It's like being Vice President and if something were to happen to guy/woman above you you're to take the spot. Awesome. I'm not particularly excited just for seeing him reach this goal but I do firmly stand by my original point.

http://www.apforums.net/showthread.p...=1#post2319697

Naruto's dream is to become Hokage. A huge underlying goal in that was recognition but there's also the ultimate authority when it comes to decisions made in the village and protecting the village. Naruto hasn't reached his goal yet until he actually reaches it.

He can't already be Hokage in everything but the title because he still can't make the most important decisions in the village and he still doesn't have the authority of the Hokage. He's next in line and when he actually takes the next step isn't up to him and all his glory. It's up to Tsunade and anything that happens to her, and years can pass before Naruto can take her position. You're saying he might as well be or basically is Hokage but I want to reiterate that's most likely not good enough for Naruto and it isn't for me either. There's a mighty difference in obtaining your dream and being close to obtaining it. It might be less exciting for him to be appointed Hokage now that he already is the hero of the village and is well loved but honestly it's just simple closure for most.

Also, as I said before the thing he'd prove is his Ninja Way which is he never goes back on his word. He has repeated time and time again that he'd become Hokage. When he actually becomes Hokage he'd be keeping to his nindo and flawlessly.
    Everything's Eventual...

So when is Naruto going to pass the chunin exam then?
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

oh god. I forgot about that.
    if you want to check out my game progress: http://soggybreadgm.tumblr.com/

King of One Piece Parody Sonic Youth's Avatar

Who needs to be chunin when you're a golden god.
    Who exactly is Mumbo?
    It's OFFICIAL, UsoppXNami 4ever.

Hahaha, quote of the day.

Probably never but there's nothing that says a Genin can't become the Hokage if the Daiymo and people see him/her fit. It was circumstance which prevented him from being promoted.
    Everything's Eventual...

Closed Thread

Thread Information