Closed Thread
Page 153 of 500 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 163 203 253 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

  1. #3041

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    I believe when Kishimoto started out writing this series he actually cared about what he was doing (and I even think he had talent believe it or not) but I don't think he's putting nearly enough effort into the story anymore. For the past couple of years it feels like he's been phoning it in and hasn't been putting in his best effort. But maybe I'm wrong maybe Sanji499 was on the mark with Kishimoto just having the worst idea for how to go about the series.

    Sanji499 do you have a source for your "Kishi was lonely and miserable as a child" theory because that's very interesting if true.
    Does that apply to his twin brother as well? Both of them had a good start with their respective mangas. The latter ended his series lousily...while Kishi Naruto....is heading the same path as well. Maybe its in the genes.

  2. #3042

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by sanji499 View Post
    Judging from what I know, Kishi used to be pretty lonely, had very poor results in school and with girls(I feel sorry for him). Eventually, he had his success with Naruto. He must have found himself flooded with fan letters from fangirls (Even Oda says that Boys are too lazy to write) asking him to put more Sasuke and romance. He must have not been used to this kind of attention that he listened to his fans and he was wrong. Naruto seems to be another series victim of its own success.
    Ok this is getting a bit out-there don't you thing? It's all fun and games bashing Naruto but don't interpret things you only have a vague understanding off. You've never even seen the person before. Why do think you have the vaguest idea of how he thinks by just reading naruto? Personally I think it's an awful Idea trying to connects his past, social life etc with naruto.
    Last edited by Narutossss; July 16th, 2011 at 11:13 PM.

  3. #3043

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    You can tell a *lot* about a writer by what he writes. Subject, recurring themes, what characters say, opinions, etc. Even things like the art style, and the amount of work put into chapters over a period of time say a lot.

    Its fair to say we can tell a fair bit about Kishi from his 10 years of Naruto.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

  4. #3044

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by Narutossss View Post
    Ok this is getting a bit out-there don't you thing? It's all fun and games bashing Naruto but don't interpret things you only have a vague understanding off. You've never even seen the person before. Why do think you have the vaguest idea of how he thinks by just reading naruto? Personally I think it's an awful Idea trying to connects his past, social life etc with naruto.
    personally, I think its an awful idea not to do so at all. Nothing is isolated, and writing draws a lot on influences to the author that happened in real life. People draw inspiration from their lives, and how someone's lived will always impact writing, even if they don't realize it. Hell, I'd imagine drawing inspirations from your past might be even more important to mangaka since they generally have so little free time that drawing from the present seems like it'd present more of a challenge

  5. #3045

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    I believe when Kishimoto started out writing this series he actually cared about what he was doing (and I even think he had talent believe it or not) but I don't think he's putting nearly enough effort into the story anymore. For the past couple of years it feels like he's been phoning it in and hasn't been putting in his best effort. But maybe I'm wrong maybe Sanji499 was on the mark with Kishimoto just having the worst idea for how to go about the series.

    Sanji499 do you have a source for your "Kishi was lonely and miserable as a child" theory because that's very interesting if true.
    Found the interview
    http://www.naruto2.com/Information/I...Kishimoto.aspx

  6. #3046

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by Narutossss View Post
    I disagree, I don't think kishi writes naruto solely for his paycheck. A) How can kishi "keep" going if he hasn't even reached the goal of naruto, Naruto saving the world and becoming hokage etc.It would be stupid to just randomly stop the series right in the thick of things. Until kishi meets these conditions and still decides to continue can you speculate his doing it for "greed".
    Didnt Naruto reached his goal at the end of the pain-arc? He saved Konoha, was acknowledged as the best ninja from his village (as the only one who matters, in fact) and the best in the world automatical, because of Konoha being the only relevant village. He was loved and adored by anyone and could have become new hokage instead of Danzo without problems.

    And do you realize how Madara and his stupid plans werent mentioned (or madara as a living threat, at least) before the itachi-sasuke-fight? And how this fight, as well as sasuke reaching the full potential of his sharingan felt much too early? How akazuki in general was defeated much too soon and how they should have survived (or at least some of them) until the ninja "world war"? How without anyone from them alive anymore Kishi had to resort to this stupid zombie-clusterfuck, whose fights in turn feel boring, illogical and repetitive, in short like something that wasnt planned in such a form? How sasuke following madara doesnt make any sense at all? How the sage-technique felt unnecessary? How the other villages, introduced after the pain-arc, felt kind of blank and out of place (they should have been introduced, while their Jinchuriki were targeted)?

    And now imagine, how all this would have played out, if the series had ended after the pain-arc; just with a conclusion to the sasuke-topic pinned on! Madara and his idiotic plans wouldnt exist, instead we would have kept tobi. The other villages would remain mainly unexplored, which wouldnt be all too tragic, seeing how poorly they were handled (with the exception of Kumogakure). Naruto would have beaten the Big Bad at the end, while Sasuke would have beaten his personal nemesis. The pain-arc itself as a final arc, could have played out different. While Naruto would still defeat Nagato at the end (with his fully-evolved nine-tails-form. There wouldnt be a swiftly forgotten sage-form and because Killerbee never appeared, this laughable, current bijuu-form, neither) All the Konoha-11 would have beaten the different paths of pain, including one epic fight against konan and maybe Zetsu or tobi (maybe one of them could have survived the whole series). Kisame is a wild card: He could have get his final fight against Might Guy in Konoha or fought against this sword-guy, who accompanied Sasuke. Remember how both clashed briefly during the itachi-fight and that the sword-guy wants to revive the Swordsman of the Mist? Him defeating Kisame would have made sense; if only for akazuki not being obliterated completly by konoha ninjas. Hinatas confession at the end of the series (and naruto reacting to it,ofc) would conclude her sidestory. And this being the final arc, there wouldnt have been any needs for the mass-revival-BS. Quite contrary, the new generation of konoha-ninjas, proven against pain, could take their place. Naruto could gain the hokage-title. Everything would have made a lot more sense.
    Last edited by phoenix_fire; July 17th, 2011 at 09:58 AM.

  7. #3047
    Rating: Awesome Pix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Toronto

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix_fire View Post
    Didnt Naruto reached his goal at the end of the pain-arc? He saved Konoha, was acknowledged as the best ninja from his village (as the only one who matters, in fact) and the best in the world automatical, because of Konoha being the only relevant village. He was loved and adored by anyone and could have become new hokage instead of Danzo without problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix_fire View Post
    Didnt Naruto reached his goal at the end of the pain-arc? He saved Konoha, was acknowledged as the best ninja from his village (as the only one who matters, in fact) and the best in the world automatical, because of Konoha being the only relevant village.
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix_fire View Post
    Didnt Naruto reached his goal at the end of the pain-arc?
    This series is now one big, circle-jerk. I am currently holding it at the same intellectual and creative level as Pokémon.
    ★ Better signature TBA: Never ★

  8. #3048

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by Pix View Post
    This series is now one big, circle-jerk. I am currently holding it at the same intellectual and creative level as Pokémon.
    You talking about the whole pokemon franchise, or just a part of it like just the anime or the games or what? Since I feel like that isn't completely fair to pokemon depending on your answer

  9. #3049
    Rating: Awesome Pix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Toronto

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Just the anime. It's like if Ash won a tournament and then decided to keep going for no reason. The series has no business following the most unappealing and awful protagonist in the history of Shonen Jump when he's accomplished all he wants. Move on.

    I know Oda has said One Piece won't end when Luffy gets to Raftel and finds the One Piece, but I doubt there's going to be another treasure and the series will just loop. If a series has run its course and succeeded, it should end on a high note. Don't drag it out, you're just beating a dead horse.

    And that's what the series is to me now.

    A dead, rotting, smelly horse.
    ★ Better signature TBA: Never ★

  10. #3050

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    After Luffy becomes PK. I think Oda will make one long epilogue. It will be a long farewell to all these characters and the straw hats are likely to be disbanded in order to go back to their own lives.

    Naruto earning the respect of the village should have been epilogue material. I have to say it was a great moment too bad Kishi did not end it here.

  11. #3051
    Discovered Stowaway InvaderP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    I just visited a German One Piece forum and they praise the current war in Naruto, calling it a real war, unlike the chaotic battle that was the Marineford war.

    What the fuck?

  12. #3052

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by Pix View Post
    Just the anime. It's like if Ash won a tournament and then decided to keep going for no reason. The series has no business following the most unappealing and awful protagonist in the history of Shonen Jump when he's accomplished all he wants. Move on.

    I know Oda has said One Piece won't end when Luffy gets to Raftel and finds the One Piece, but I doubt there's going to be another treasure and the series will just loop. If a series has run its course and succeeded, it should end on a high note. Don't drag it out, you're just beating a dead horse.

    And that's what the series is to me now.

    A dead, rotting, smelly horse.
    If you're talking about the Pokemon anime I'd be inclined to agree. I never got why they keep clinging to Ash. Just let him win a tournament for once, and then shift focus to a new main character if you want to continue. Although, Naruto isn't and has never been the least appealing main protagonist in Shonen Jump. Hell, part 1 Naruto was a pretty decent protagonist

  13. #3053

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by super "pet" robot View Post
    yea, remember Kurenai and Asuma?
    you mean the one that happened all off panel? yeah i remember it, we just didn't see any of it

  14. #3054
    The answer is Sabo Luffyko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by InvaderP View Post
    I just visited a German One Piece forum and they praise the current war in Naruto, calling it a real war, unlike the chaotic battle that was the Marineford war.

    What the fuck?
    Hm... Pirateboard?

  15. #3055
    Discovered Stowaway InvaderP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Yeah. Their community annoys me sooo much ._.

    APforums 4 ever! xD

  16. #3056
    The answer is Sabo Luffyko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by InvaderP View Post
    Yeah. Their community annoys me sooo much ._.

    APforums 4 ever! xD
    I thought about joining that forum, but decided to join APforums instead.
    They love Naruto way too much and like to bitch about One Piece .__.

  17. #3057
    The Nice Guy Outerspec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Home away from home.

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    How can people say didn't Naruto reach his goal already when he hasn't become Hokage yet? Seriously people...that's his main goal.

    And there's no good argument for Kishi ending the series after the Pein fight. The ending to that fight was shit. We all know this series is going to end after the Naruto vs. Sasuke fight and whatever follows. This war and a short arc after would be the perfect way to end the series.
    Everything's Eventual...


  18. #3058

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Except that the Hokage thing wasn't really his goal, it was a means to an ends. Naruto wanted to become Hokage so that the village would finally recognize him. Since they already recognize him, the whole Hokage part is fairly meaningless at this point

  19. #3059
    The Nice Guy Outerspec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Home away from home.

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    I wouldn't say becoming Hokage is just a means to an end. It's a serious goal and while it's true that Naruto did want the village to recognize him would you really think that recognition will assuage his desire to become Hokage? No because becoming Hokage means more to him than that.

    Spoiler:

    And we can't forget about his promise to Tsunade either. Becoming Hokage means more to Naruto than just being recognized. It's his dream just like Dan and Nawaki before him.

    Spoiler:

    Last edited by Outerspec; July 17th, 2011 at 05:23 PM.
    Everything's Eventual...


  20. #3060

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    NAruto is already unofficially hokage. He's been acknowledged and accepted as such by EVERYONE who's opinion matters, including Tsunade, Kakashi, and the heads of pretty much the entire ninja community. The fact that Gaara was able to do it at age 16 proves its not an age thing. At this point he's just waiting for Tsunade to retire. As is he was several leagues ahead of everyone with Sage mode, and now he's jumped a few levels ahead of that with fox mode... including the super speed his father had. THE ENTIRE VILLAGE LOVES HIM now. A development that was totally off camera, mind you...

    Granted, even though Naruto has the raw power, he'll actually make a *terrible* hokage since he can't deal with any of the political stuff and paperwork, But since he's ninja jesus and his speechifying makes everyone agree with him, even when his plans and ideas are the WRONG ones strategically... well I guess he'll be okay there since everyone else loses their brain around him. Even Raikage.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Closed Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts