Closed Thread
Page 143 of 500 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 141 142 143 144 145 153 193 243 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

Quote Originally Posted by The Daz View Post
    Did Kishi just retcon the most emotionally heartwrenching part of Gaaras flashback- nay, his entire character?!!

Gaaras mother loved him?! His uncle didn't want to kill him!?!

Gaaras flashback is dead to me now.

GLOSSY FUCKING BLACK

Quote Originally Posted by Samwize78 View Post
    Rule #6: Make it up as you go!
    Pretty much sums it up I'd say/

What a way to totally ruin a decent character... I mean this completely changes-argh forget it. Kishi you just suck!

3DS Friend Code is 3823-8664-3087

This chapter sucks. Why did Kishimoto-sensei have to do this?

HEY, TEMARI!!
    Didja have a nice conversation with your dad?
    OH WAIT.

Aaaand there was a fight that actually looked somewhat cool, and it's interrupted by some B.S. sob-story.

The Mizukage was funny this chapter, but that's it.

WTF was Mangastream thinking about releasing Naruto first ? Now, they have a bug...

Last edited by sanji499; July 12th, 2011 at 08:35 AM.

I know that we were saving it for Sasuke's redemption, but fuck it!
    I nominate this chapter for the god damn heart ranking.
    NintendoNetworkID:NJMancini, please leave a message saying you're from AP

Shitty chapter, lame flashback and ending, Mizukage tried to be funny and Mummy Kage being scolded by the others only because he have a real vision of what to do after war.

http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/75426197/1

Chapter is out.

Lets see if its lolz worthy.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

It's hard to think which of the two wants to see end Naruto quicker: Me or Kishi.

Now I'm just curious, who the hell is this girl http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/75426197/14

Quote Originally Posted by Zanzith View Post
    Now I'm just curious, who the hell is this girl http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/75426197/14
    The sand one ? Gaara's mother.

The other one ? Gaara's sister.

I love how Kishi, in the course of one chapter, so thoroughly destroyed one of his better character arcs. Not only did he completely ruin Gaara's flashback, but also took him straight down with Naruto in regards to the hard work theme. Gaara didn't need hard work, because he had super special mommy love powers all along.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Im starting to believe Kishi is intentionally crapping his story up because he at one point realized it wouldnt work and so decided to make a mockery out of it.
    On the side he's considering a new start, but giving up sets his limit. Perhaps he tried a story quite a bit too large with all these villages and their games for power. Thats what I would have said if I wanted to be fair, but I am not gonna be fair. He might have tried a story too large, that I honestly bet on. But really, this takes the cake for me this chapter:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

They do realize they are ninjas right? so whats up with the "RAAAAUUUGH!!!" and completely visible charge running down the sand dunes?
    I know I shouldnt question the logic in naruto, the main character wears an orange jumpsuit and screams all the way too. Only that now he doesnt wear it as often as he shines like a very bright flashlight. >.<

The other characters tend to scream alot as well, and Akimichi (Chouji) grow into frigging giants.
    I never really gave it a thought how almost all these powers have nothing to do with what a Ninja should specialize in. Ah well, atleast I can be sure Kishi is tired of his series too, he's only making a mockery of it for the money now.

My prediction for the next chapter:
    Dad: Take good care of your siblings Gaara. And live a happy and strong life.
    Gaara: I will dad! *Tears*
    *Looks forward*
    Gaara: Who's the asshole who revived my dad like this! How Dare he!?

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    I love how Kishi, in the course of one chapter, so thoroughly destroyed one of his better character arcs. Not only did he completely ruin Gaara's flashback, but also took him straight down with Naruto in regards to the hard work theme. Gaara didn't need hard work, because he had super special mommy love powers all along.
    Actually, Gaara was being protected by his mothers dead spirit or whatever back then too.

However, remember how Gaara was acomplete and utter psycho? A demon who loved only himself, because no one else did?
    Well, the straw that broke the camels back for poor friend-seeking Gaara was the shocking revelation that his mother didn't love him after all.
    In other words, Gaaras whole sociopathic murderous stint and forehead tattoo was all based on a lie, since his mother wubbed him after all.

If anything Gaara should be even more angry with his father than before, since he made Gaara spend the main part of his life as a serial killer for no real reason.
    Last edited by Daz; July 12th, 2011 at 10:04 AM.

Wow. Way to break part 1 Kishi.

I guess we're lucky Zabuza and Haku got out of this resurrection as fast as they did.

Glossy Black. Damn near bordering on The Heart, reserved though that may be for Sasuke, for bullshit retconning and fixing a psychopath's backstory with love. Its no 600 billion penis rainbow lulz meme, but its pretty damn terrible in other ways.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

So Gara's dad used to sell gold from from his jutsu, no wonder sand village was so poor.
    Screw it Kishi, you are just making up things you never planned. I can fuking bet you just made up daddy kagekage's jitsu. Maybe you fuking had no idea about their powers so you delayed the fight, so you can cook up these rubbish nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by The Daz View Post
    Did Kishi just retcon the most emotionally heartwrenching part of Gaaras flashback- nay, his entire character?!!

Gaaras mother loved him?! His uncle didn't want to kill him!?!

Gaaras flashback is dead to me now.

GLOSSY FUCKING BLACK
    His flashback doesn't have to be dead to you, because the fact is, it happened close to a decade ago (how time flys) and was very emotional when it actually happened so just because Kishimoto came out with another one of his shitty chapters doesn't mean that a major part of Gaara's character has to be ruined. It's called selective amnesia and it works very well for Star Wars fans or comic book fans you just don't acknowledge the existence of a terrible retcon or new plot development and act like it never happened.

But with that out of the way yes this chapter was pretty terrible because of the reasons you stated. I was going to give it an Orange Asthma Attack or Sharingan Red but I think your post has done a pretty good job of convincing me that tarnishing Gaara's character (who had already been weakened since he became Preacher for the Church of Naruto) is pretty damn worthy of a Glossy Black since tarnishing characters is one of the worst things Kishi can do.
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

Closed Thread

Thread Information