Closed Thread
Page 130 of 500 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 180 230 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

  1. #2581

    Default Re: Ok i'm a new shonen jump anime fan from watching One Piece and I may buy Naruto..

    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Kis View Post
    Well I have been a anime fan since like 2003 I think. I have many anime shows that I bought. But recently I got into shonen jump because of One Piece. I think it is amazing! Anyway I may start becoming a fan of Naruto series and Naruto Shippuden series. I go on One Piece forums regulary and heard many bad things about Bleach and Naruto that the shows have way to many filler and One Piece is the best of the three. So I will be asking questions on this show and decide if I should buy all the Naruto anime out there. I will not be getting into Bleach though. Also a new anime Fairy Tail is getting dubbed by Funimation and I will be getting that cuz I heard that show is the best of all 4 shows I mentioned above. Anyways on to my questions to decide if I should buy all the Naruto anime. Thanks

    * How great is this show from 1 being worst to 10 being best and why?

    *How good is the animation?

    *How good is the story?

    *How much filler is in this show?

    *Is this show more adult than One Piece or is One Piece?

    *Is there any box sets that collect the entire first season of Naruto? Also how many box sets are out for Naruto Shippuden? Also what's the difference between both names of the show? also how many episodes are currently out in america right now that are dubbed? I only watch dubbed anime.

    *How great are the characters in this show?

    *What is better One Piece or Naruto and why?

    *Where can I buy the entire Naruto anime series the cheapest?

    *are any Naruto dvds sold out from being too old? If so I may not collect this show after all.

    *How great is the musiq in this show?

    *Why do you recommend this show?

    *ALso again I don't wanna invest my money and time into this show if it ain't that good. How good is this show. I know I will have to invest a lot of time and money into this show. Is it worth it!?

    Thanks and plz add anything you think will help my decision in buying this. Thanks so much and god bless!
    PS sorry if this was in the wrong section of the forums so I posted it here instead. http://naruto.viz.com/forum/images/misc/progress.gif
    Watch the first 10 episodes and decide for yourself

  2. #2582

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    ok but if people can help me decide if it's good then so be it. Thanks

  3. #2583

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronrules380 View Post
    You might have a point if Sasuke didn't already say he wants to take revenge on the ENTIRE village and not just Danzo and the two advisors. So he wants to kill an entire village of people who had nothing to do with his family's death so they can feel his pain or some other emo reason like that. Itachi wasn't forced to kill his clan, he chose to do it because he wanted to avoid a war.
    Which is why I said he has gone crazy. He wants everyone to suffer because of Itachi sacrifice. He is no way thinking rationally. I don't think he has thought rationally since Itachi returned to the village. After Madara story he completely lost it.

  4. #2584
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Gawd this thread has been unbearble for the last few days. i blame you juju. I don't really know you but if you like naruto this is not the place to discuss it.

  5. #2585

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    oh SHIT you're right the naruto thread is totally not the place to discuss naruto....
    Last edited by Narutossss; July 5th, 2011 at 04:29 PM. Reason: but seriously will your argument end juju?

  6. #2586
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI


  7. #2587

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Why is Naruto more popular than One Piece here in america? I thought One Piece was better than Naruto.

  8. #2588

  9. #2589

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Becuase Americans love orange ninjas.

    Spoiler:

  10. #2590
    The Album Guy Nobodyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Virginia, US

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    Because people are morons.
    Well, to be fair, it could also have something to do with this.

    Hidden:

  11. #2591

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Well, to be fair, it could also have something to do with this.

    Hidden:
    That probably had a lot to do with it as well. I am surprised 4KIDS could get away with such blatant editing. I can imagine Oda was quite pissed off, I would be too. Rot in hell Al Kahn.

    Their is also another reason for Naruto popularity over one piece. Naruto as hard as it is to believe started off really well and they was a lot of promise to the series until kish screwed it up with save sasuke BS. In addition, while one piece was good since the beginning, it was lackluster up until Arabasta arc when the series really picked up. So while One Piece is far superior to Naruto, because Naruto got good earlier, it appealed to fanbase faster.

    here is probably the biggest reason why Naruto did so well in US compared to One Piece, american in general are facinated with japanese culture particularly when ninjas and samurais are involved and as such Naruto had a major advantage from the onset.
    Last edited by mechysonu; July 5th, 2011 at 08:20 PM.
    Hibiki is Awesome!!!

  12. #2592

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by kaang View Post





    and your point is???

  13. #2593

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    In order to like One Piece, you must be a little eccentric not to be turned off by Luffy's crazyness and how odd the tone of the series is.

  14. #2594

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Time is not something they had. Naruto was absolutely needed and even the great strategist Shikaku could see no other way. You could say it's too convenient how much everything depends on Naruto. He's even the one that's supposed to take down Madara (as Minato said).

    And the dead body did reveal helpful information. It told them that the white Zetsu's were cloned from the 1st Hokage's cells and that they're using Yamato to power themselves up.
    I was just putting up some "faith" to Sakura and Tsunade being able to inspect the zetsu and develop ways to detect them without Naruto's help. Whether Naruto was needed or not at this given moment, im not one to discuss against, but my point of argument is just that they would be able to create their own methods for detecting them and compensating for their need to rely on someone else.
    Since they guessed it might be Yamamoto they're essentially powering themselves from, it would be possible to create counter-measures based on that assumption.

    But I would not favor having an entire alliance rely on Naruto whom they were trying to hide in the first place to make sure Madara did not have a direct way of accomplishing his goals. I so hope Naruto gets his behind handed to him by Madara, would show him the errors of acting on his own "ACCORD".

    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Now that they have this information they'll know to make retrieving Yamato a top priority because it'll inflict a severe blow to the enemies. Also, it tells them the enemy is keeping Yamato alive because before then they most likely thought he was dead.
    Or something redeemable, killing the bastard. He's likely in a state he cant be brought back from anyway, even if he is alive. I hope for that so much, I want to see good guy casualties!

    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Oh yeah, that's definitely possible. I know a lot of people, including myself, have thought about a Naruto and Sasuke vs. Final Boss (Madara?) battle. Naruto dies for everyone('s) sins and is made a honorary Hokage. Sasuke becomes a lonely wanderer forever trying to repent for his sins and stopping evil wherever it spikes up. The end.

    This is one of many scenarios that have been thought up though. I'm mostly against that because of this.

    I miss old Naruto.
    Oh please, let Naruto die with whatever shreds of dignity it has left... oh, to late. Might as well see what Kishi makes out from his Naruto and Sasuke variation of save the damsel in distress.

    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Indeed, I wonder how Kishi will handle the alliances after this war. Just because Gaara gave a pretty speech and they all fought and won against a common enemy doesn't mean everything should be peachy after the war. Doesn't mean old rivalries, hate, mistrust, and ill feelings should all vanish within the span of a day. That isn't reality. Then again this isn't reality. It's fiction, but it makes for a shitty fairy tale happily ever after kind of fiction.
    Its said that human emotion is the source of any war, since love turns to hate and hate turns to conflict and conflict turns to war. There is a movie that stressed this point named Equilibrium I believe. Humans had suffered through the third world war and realized human emotion would always lead to another war, so they began to turn themselves into emotionless puppets. Some would ofcourse reject that idea and then a fourth war began to grow, only this time emotion against emotionless.

    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    I can understand 'The Enemy Of My Enemy Is My Friend' but once that enemy is gone then what? If all the nations get all buddy-buddy forever after the war is done then I'd be disappointed. I can understand a feeling of temporary elation for working together and winning but where'd all that hate for each other go? Just a day ago most of you all were bitter enemies in one form or another ready to kill each other at the drop of a hat. Water under the bridge now just because you killed a few enemies together? How Kishi handles the end of this war will be crucial of course.
    I can only guess we'll have to see how Kishi handles it. But seeing how poorly he's already handling the only first day of his war, I wont hope for any good conclusion writing. By average expectations, I'd say he's going to focus hardcore on Naruto and Sasuke all the way, and throwing the village power games in the trash can.

  15. #2595

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by sanji499 View Post
    In order to like One Piece, you must be a little eccentric not to be turned off by Luffy's crazyness and how odd the tone of the series is.
    You just pissed me off.

    Luffy is the REASON I was turned onto One Piece, the tone is the reason I stayed.
    Every anime/manga I had ever read before and have read since has had a main character I dislike, always looking toward a Vegeta or Piccolo for good characterization. Luffy is the ultimate end all that is all protagonist, happy go lucky, badass and has the ability to get enemies and readers to follow his crazyness.

    He's not just a good leader in the manga, he's such a well made protagonist, you as a reader follow him and cheer him on when he punches Bellamy, or Crocodile, and cry when he fights Usopp

    Americans are the ones that are eccentric, that is why we like Naruto more than One Piece, unlike the rest of the world.

  16. #2596

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    I see what you mean.

    I am certainly glad that I thought that he was more than meets the eye as well as the series. I gave the series a chance and I did not regret it.
    Isnt that ironic that bishonen Luffy scares me and I prefer "crazy" Luffy.

  17. #2597

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by Refii View Post
    unlike the rest of the world.
    A little curious about this.How do one piece and naruto stack up against each other in terms of sales globally?excluding japan?

  18. #2598

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterion View Post
    I was just putting up some "faith" to Sakura and Tsunade being able to inspect the zetsu and develop ways to detect them without Naruto's help. Whether Naruto was needed or not at this given moment, im not one to discuss against, but my point of argument is just that they would be able to create their own methods for detecting them and compensating for their need to rely on someone else.
    Since they guessed it might be Yamamoto they're essentially powering themselves from, it would be possible to create counter-measures based on that assumption.

    But I would not favor having an entire alliance rely on Naruto whom they were trying to hide in the first place to make sure Madara did not have a direct way of accomplishing his goals. I so hope Naruto gets his behind handed to him by Madara, would show him the errors of acting on his own "ACCORD".



    Or something redeemable, killing the bastard. He's likely in a state he cant be brought back from anyway, even if he is alive. I hope for that so much, I want to see good guy casualties!



    Oh please, let Naruto die with whatever shreds of dignity it has left... oh, to late. Might as well see what Kishi makes out from his Naruto and Sasuke variation of save the damsel in distress.



    Its said that human emotion is the source of any war, since love turns to hate and hate turns to conflict and conflict turns to war. There is a movie that stressed this point named Equilibrium I believe. Humans had suffered through the third world war and realized human emotion would always lead to another war, so they began to turn themselves into emotionless puppets. Some would ofcourse reject that idea and then a fourth war began to grow, only this time emotion against emotionless.


    I can only guess we'll have to see how Kishi handles it. But seeing how poorly he's already handling the only first day of his war, I wont hope for any good conclusion writing. By average expectations, I'd say he's going to focus hardcore on Naruto and Sasuke all the way, and throwing the village power games in the trash can.
    You have to improvise in war time. Having Naruto sit still when his ability can immediately change the tide of the war is very questionable. You don't know how long it would take to develope something to detect them or if its even possible. Meanwhile your Soilders are getting gutted and the people who are still alive are fighting with no composure because your teammate might not support you. You get army who isn't confident and fighting amongst their self.

    It will be a temporary peace. This isn't the first time they were at peace with each other, but just not all at the sometime. Kishi won't show how long the peace last unless he does the future arcs or something. You will only see the celebration and stuff.
    This is how most things end, so don't expect to see a real aftermath unless they force him or somebody else to take over.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Refii View Post
    You just pissed me off.

    Luffy is the REASON I was turned onto One Piece, the tone is the reason I stayed.
    Every anime/manga I had ever read before and have read since has had a main character I dislike, always looking toward a Vegeta or Piccolo for good characterization. Luffy is the ultimate end all that is all protagonist, happy go lucky, badass and has the ability to get enemies and readers to follow his crazyness.

    He's not just a good leader in the manga, he's such a well made protagonist, you as a reader follow him and cheer him on when he punches Bellamy, or Crocodile, and cry when he fights Usopp

    Americans are the ones that are eccentric, that is why we like Naruto more than One Piece, unlike the rest of the world.
    Meh Luffy is alright. Zoro is the reason I tuned in to Op at first, the story was the reason I stayed.

  19. #2599

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    You have to improvise in war time. Having Naruto sit still when his ability can immediately change the tide of the war is very questionable. You don't know how long it would take to develope something to detect them or if its even possible. Meanwhile your Soilders are getting gutted and the people who are still alive are fighting with no composure because your teammate might not support you. You get army who isn't confident and fighting amongst their self.
    Is that to say that letting Naruto go out on his own impulse is a good thing? Using your assets and resources is one thing when you are the head of an operation, so lets imagine you are at the seat of a scenario:
    You are faced off with an opponent who's goal is to capture a certain person because it would let them extract the needed ingredient to unleash a weapon that would end the war and doom you to eternal slavery. This means the enemy has two important steps to their goal: Capture and Extract the substance from the person.
    While the person is their ultimate goal, he is also among your most valuable assets. So the enemy's first step is to lure him out by overwhelming you. Any sensible leader would of course make use of this person, but also keep in mind that his capture equals guaranteed defeat. And suddenly you find out, that this person just impulsively left his hiding place and headed straight for the front.
    In this case, the Alliance just said "meh", lets just use him. Completely ignoring any fact they were stressing by hiding him in the first place, they are just letting him go loose by first light of the second day in the conflict. I can understand that, but he's acting on his own accord, not close to any strategic value by a long shot.
    What would you have done?

    If I were at the command, I would make use of him alright and keep him hidden whenever there were risks of his capture. Because his importance is severely underestimated by Kishi! And I would always keep an entourage capable of protecting him, never let him just run out on his own idea. Yeah, lets let the "king" on your resources ride out because he does not want to let any friends die, before anyone else has a chance to come out. Im sure nothing can go wrong that way. x)

    *UGh, just thinking how Kishi must have thought of these developments is mindboggling. The more I think about it, the less sense it makes.*

  20. #2600
    I do it ! Sâuza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Bobobo world

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by Refii View Post
    the rest of the world.
    There was a song about naruto in the french radio that made some noise the last 1-2 years.

    I can't remember nor find it, but it was aired everywhere like fuck, it even reached other countries, Naruto in France is way popular than OP.

    Sadly.


Closed Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts