Closed Thread
Page 129 of 500 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 127 128 129 130 131 139 179 229 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

  1. #2561

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Vegeta was brought up in a culture that prided killing things for little to no reason and generally cooled the fuck down when he hooked up with Bulma.

    Gaara was treated like shit by his father and incredibly feared by just about everyone else.

    Sasuke's family was stopped from killing everyone else in the village and he sees this as a bad thing.

  2. #2562

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.french View Post
    At this point it's not about who's irredeemable or not. Sasuke will indeed change. Whether the change stinks, is another story. He's still young yet blind with hate. But Kishi has slipped in a few hints that it's because of Madara that Sasuke is the way he is. Great, right? Not at all. Because in the end, this doesn't change the whole point of changing the hearts of those who have genuine hate for others without being guided by a mastermind to that disposition in the first place. The change in Sasuke will according to the way the plot has been structured, be the ultimate model of hate being destroyed by Naruto/love/peace/will of fire/ and whatever else... But it's not really the ultimate model of hate from my point of view. In a way, Madara is the ultimate model of hate left in the story because there is no other villain left aside from Kabuto. All I know about Madara is that he's still pissed for not being elected the leader of the Fire Country and being "betrayed" by his own people. Is that what has caused hate in his heart? If yes, I guess it's borderline decent. I guess. Still, it's not something that has been well established. All he talks about is destroying the Will of Fire, because he has hate, which is because he's a long descendent of one of the two children of the ultimate sage. I mean, can you find a better foundation to explain the hate in your heart than to explain shit that happened hundred of years ago between two brothers? He still doesn't make a great villain, no matter how many different masks he puts on. We know his past attempts to gain power have all failed. In the end and I want to emphasize this, we have a shitty villain who has failed all of his life vs Naruto who has never failed. Who will win I wonder?
    Madara is just a evil guy. He killed most of his clan and still wants the world. He told Naruto he wanted to make true peace like the Safe tried to, but Naruto said he just wants control of everything. His reply says it all "ha your right" Madara is full of shit and I don't believe his brother handed over his eye to him either. He lies to everyone to get what he wants.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    Vegeta was brought up in a culture that prided killing things for little to no reason and generally cooled the fuck down when he hooked up with Bulma.

    Gaara was treated like shit by his father and incredibly feared by just about everyone else.

    Sasuke's family was stopped from killing everyone else in the village and he sees this as a bad thing.
    Hmm Sasuke clan wasn't going to kill everyone. Lmao The reason for the coverup in the first place was some of the villagers would side with the uchia. They didn't want a civil war. The Uchia were treated different.

  3. #2563

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by Namixluffy2 View Post
    Idk why you guys keep saying Sasuke is not redeemable. This is shonen where phycos get redeemed every arc if they join the good side. Sasuke is a nut just like Gaara. Vegeta is a nut and tried to kill/killed innocent people. Idk why Sasuke being redeemed is so mindblowing, you hate his character, but him being redeem is expectedblowing crazy to you guys. Ok I get it

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---



    I disagree, the dialogue shows that Sasuke is a kid who has been getting mindrape since he was 8 years old by his brother, a pedophile, and a 100 year old madmen. Sasuke just turned to a phyco.
    Gaara's redemption really was ridiculous. But no one's all chummy with him anyway except for his village. Also... no one really knows what he did. Due to all the chaos that ensued.

    And Vegeta was never truly redeemed either, Goku forgave him, but he forgives everyone, no one else did.

    They put up with him because they couldn't defeat him.

    Tien even says, "Yamucha, how can you stomach him living with you?"

    It takes... about 10 years for Vegeta can even hang with the group, and even then... no one talks to him except his family and Goku. What does that tell you?

    And Juju I was talking specifically about Sasuke's discussion with Madara.

    Madara even asked Sasuke if he's going to take the logical route and honor his brother's wishes, and Sasuke says, "NO, I'm going to kill them all."

    Mind games aside, it seems like he had no where to vent his anger towards, so he chose to aim it at all of Konoha. It was his fault, but he couldn't deal with it.

    That's actually psychologically natural, but his logic is flawed and almost insane. As he just tried revenge and it only brought him sadness, and now he's going to try again.

    He's nothing more than a rabid dog now that needs to be taken out back.

    Also... I thought it was said that it wouldn't be a Civil War, it would be a World War, due to villages taking sides. The Uchiha's knew that full and well, and were trying to cause an upstaging.

    They were treated different because of Madara correct? But I don't remember them being surpressed something fierce. It seemed like the Uchihas were overeacting because they wanted power.
    Last edited by pyromonki; July 5th, 2011 at 11:58 AM.
    if you want to check out my game progress: http://soggybreadgm.tumblr.com/

  4. #2564
    Champions Club mr.french's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Online Gaming Community

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by Namixluffy2 View Post
    Madara is just a evil guy. He killed most of his clan and still wants the world. He told Naruto he wanted to make true peace like the Safe tried to, but Naruto said he just wants control of everything. His reply says it all "ha your right" Madara is full of shit and I don't believe his brother handed over his eye to him either. He lies to everyone to get what he wants.
    Yup, just an evil guy... It doesn't take away the fact that he's a horrible villain.

    Quote Originally Posted by Namixluffy2 View Post
    Hmm Sasuke clan wasn't going to kill everyone. Lmao The reason for the coverup in the first place was some of the villagers would side with the uchia. They didn't want a civil war. The Uchia were treated different.
    Cyan D Funk just mentioned something in the story and you're ignoring it. The Uchiha clan was about to take over Konoha in that genuine stealthy ninja manner, where you least expect getting your throat sliced wide open. They were disgruntled, remember? Eventually people that would still be alive would take sides, and then possibly a civil war would take place. It's simple. Whether you think they wanted a civil war or not, doesn't change the fact that the Uchiha would have caused many deaths of civilians and shinobi, which in turn would alert other nations to conquer the Fire Country. In other words, they would be at fault for many deaths, and possibly a world war.
    Last edited by mr.french; July 5th, 2011 at 02:02 PM.
    How much can you do? Just grab a ball and juggle.
    All those balls in the air, How hard can it be?
    So hard you're getting dizzy!
    Keep those balls in the air, Keep those balls in the ai-air!
    Balls in the air!

  5. #2565
    The Nice Guy Outerspec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Home away from home.

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterion View Post
    Good and Convenient it might be for you, I myself would have doubts. If Kishi is any sort of a consistent writer (which he now starts to show he lacks in), the Zetsus were already baiting Naruto out by using a transformation that would copy the person in every way. I still place my bets Naruto just doomed the alliance by showing up, even if he's the "last resort nuke" from a line wars game.

    I mean, Sakura and Tsunade were already inspecting a Zetsu they had discovered. given a bit of time, they would have developed their own anti-zetsu disguise methods. Naruto showing up simply made it easier for them, not necessarily saving their asses.
    Whatever happened to Kakashi's lecture about "dead bodies holding valuable information"?
    Time is not something they had. Naruto was absolutely needed and even the great strategist Shikaku could see no other way. You could say it's too convenient how much everything depends on Naruto. He's even the one that's supposed to take down Madara (as Minato said).

    Spoiler:
    And the dead body did reveal helpful information. It told them that the white Zetsu's were cloned from the 1st Hokage's cells and that they're using Yamato to power themselves up.

    Spoiler:
    Now that they have this information they'll know to make retrieving Yamato a top priority because it'll inflict a severe blow to the enemies. Also, it tells them the enemy is keeping Yamato alive because before then they most likely thought he was dead.

    According to my feel, the order will go down "Madara, Sasuke, Madara (End)". Sasuke is just a tool of pain that madara is exploiting, Dohohoho.
    Really though, I dont want to see kishi continue to degrade his once powerful concepts with a jesus model trying to bring peace to the world. Ninjas struggling for peace is just not the most inspiring concept to me.
    Oh yeah, that's definitely possible. I know a lot of people, including myself, have thought about a Naruto and Sasuke vs. Final Boss (Madara?) battle. Naruto dies for everyone('s) sins and is made a honorary Hokage. Sasuke becomes a lonely wanderer forever trying to repent for his sins and stopping evil wherever it spikes up. The end.

    This is one of many scenarios that have been thought up though. I'm mostly against that because of this.

    Spoiler:
    I miss old Naruto.

    Everyone allying against a common foe does not mean that political struggle can just be forgotten and disregarded. If that is what Kishi aims for, then he really has a twisted sense of peace. Which in turn makes Naruto a hypocrite that does not want to bring peace at all, just have everyone's faith for a short duration.
    Political standings will remain, even if faith is bought temporarily by inspiration.
    Indeed, I wonder how Kishi will handle the alliances after this war. Just because Gaara gave a pretty speech and they all fought and won against a common enemy doesn't mean everything should be peachy after the war. Doesn't mean old rivalries, hate, mistrust, and ill feelings should all vanish within the span of a day. That isn't reality. Then again this isn't reality. It's fiction, but it makes for a shitty fairy tale happily ever after kind of fiction.

    I can understand 'The Enemy Of My Enemy Is My Friend' but once that enemy is gone then what? If all the nations get all buddy-buddy forever after the war is done then I'd be disappointed. I can understand a feeling of temporary elation for working together and winning but where'd all that hate for each other go? Just a day ago most of you all were bitter enemies in one form or another ready to kill each other at the drop of a hat. Water under the bridge now just because you killed a few enemies together? How Kishi handles the end of this war will be crucial of course.
    Last edited by Outerspec; July 5th, 2011 at 02:50 PM.
    Everything's Eventual...


  6. #2566

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by pyromonki View Post
    Gaara's redemption really was ridiculous. But no one's all chummy with him anyway except for his village. Also... no one really knows what he did. Due to all the chaos that ensued.

    And Vegeta was never truly redeemed either, Goku forgave him, but he forgives everyone, no one else did.

    They put up with him because they couldn't defeat him.

    Tien even says, "Yamucha, how can you stomach him living with you?"

    It takes... about 10 years for Vegeta can even hang with the group, and even then... no one talks to him except his family and Goku. What does that tell you?

    And Juju I was talking specifically about Sasuke's discussion with Madara.

    Madara even asked Sasuke if he's going to take the logical route and honor his brother's wishes, and Sasuke says, "NO, I'm going to kill them all."

    Mind games aside, it seems like he had no where to vent his anger towards, so he chose to aim it at all of Konoha. It was his fault, but he couldn't deal with it.

    That's actually psychologically natural, but his logic is flawed and almost insane. As he just tried revenge and it only brought him sadness, and now he's going to try again.

    He's nothing more than a rabid dog now that needs to be taken out back.

    Also... I thought it was said that it wouldn't be a Civil War, it would be a World War, due to villages taking sides. The Uchiha's knew that full and well, and were trying to cause an upstaging.

    They were treated different because of Madara correct? But I don't remember them being surpressed something fierce. It seemed like the Uchihas were overeacting because they wanted power.
    He tried to kill bulma and even after forgiving him, he let himself be controlled just to get stronger and blast people at the tournament. They shouldn't want to see his face. I doubt people like Kiba will forgive Sasuke through.
    Sasuke logic is flawed because he has gone mad. Reread the Danzo fight, the facial expression says it all. Sasuke still had some feeling before ( saving his team and telling suigetsu not to kill innocent people), but the more time goes by and the more stuff he learns he goes crazier.

    Actually Madara said he took a gamble on Sasuke because he didn't now which path he would choose.
    The uchia were getting spied on because of their eye since the 2nd Hokage I believe. No, they didn't want a civil war because other villages might attack them.

  7. #2567

    Default Ok i'm a new shonen jump anime fan from watching One Piece and I may buy Naruto...

    Well I have been a anime fan since like 2003 I think. I have many anime shows that I bought. But recently I got into shonen jump because of One Piece. I think it is amazing! Anyway I may start becoming a fan of Naruto series and Naruto Shippuden series. I go on One Piece forums regulary and heard many bad things about Bleach and Naruto that the shows have way to many filler and One Piece is the best of the three. So I will be asking questions on this show and decide if I should buy all the Naruto anime out there. I will not be getting into Bleach though. Also a new anime Fairy Tail is getting dubbed by Funimation and I will be getting that cuz I heard that show is the best of all 4 shows I mentioned above. Anyways on to my questions to decide if I should buy all the Naruto anime. Thanks

    * How great is this show from 1 being worst to 10 being best and why?

    *How good is the animation?

    *How good is the story?

    *How much filler is in this show?

    *Is this show more adult than One Piece or is One Piece?

    *Is there any box sets that collect the entire first season of Naruto? Also how many box sets are out for Naruto Shippuden? Also what's the difference between both names of the show? also how many episodes are currently out in america right now that are dubbed? I only watch dubbed anime.

    *How great are the characters in this show?

    *What is better One Piece or Naruto and why?

    *Where can I buy the entire Naruto anime series the cheapest?

    *are any Naruto dvds sold out from being too old? If so I may not collect this show after all.

    *How great is the musiq in this show?

    *Why do you recommend this show?

    *ALso again I don't wanna invest my money and time into this show if it ain't that good. How good is this show. I know I will have to invest a lot of time and money into this show. Is it worth it!?

    Thanks and plz add anything you think will help my decision in buying this. Thanks so much and god bless!
    PS sorry if this was in the wrong section of the forums so I posted it here instead.

  8. #2568

    Default Re: Ok i'm a new shonen jump anime fan from watching One Piece and I may buy Naruto..

    Forget them and read Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.

  9. #2569

    Default Re: Ok i'm a new shonen jump anime fan from watching One Piece and I may buy Naruto..

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Forget them and read Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.
    There's a manga of Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. Cool.
    PSN Username: Scoogs50

  10. #2570

    Default Re: Ok i'm a new shonen jump anime fan from watching One Piece and I may buy Naruto..

    Quote Originally Posted by Oga Simpson View Post
    There's a manga of Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. Cool.
    No, you have it wrong, there's a movie of Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.

  11. #2571
    S+ Rated Ghoul Kareem Said's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Gotham City

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    I miss old Naruto.
    Amen to that brotha. Even the Tsunade arc (the weakest part 1 arc) was great compared to a lot of Part 2.
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

  12. #2572

    Default Re: Ok i'm a new shonen jump anime fan from watching One Piece and I may buy Naruto..

    There is a Naruto thread you know. Also I'd recommend manga versions over the animes of almost any Shonen Jump series with two exceptions (One Piece's anime adaption is pretty terrible in comparison for example). Fairy Tail isn't great either, its extremely generic. Finally Shonen Jump has far better series than Naruto or Bleach anyways

    but on to the questions
    1. This is hard to judge because Naruto starts out great and takes a nose dive around the time skip and only goes down from there for the most part. So early Naruto I'd probably give a 9, late part 1 an 8 and post timeskip I'd give a 5
    2. The Anime's animation is really good, but I'd still recommend the manga. Also, one episode has the WORST animation I've ever seen in an anime
    3. Great for a while until it becomes completely awful
    4. Lots. Hell, the latter half of the first anime is pretty much all filler
    5. It gets more serious and less carefree after a while, but thats only a facade for the horrible shallowness of the plot at that point
    6. Don't know. Also Shippuden is post timeskip Naruto. Also, I'd highly recommend subs over dubs for many reasons
    7. Naruto has many amazing characters, but this actually makes the series worse in some ways when they all get completely ignored and tossed to the sidelines later on. Also, it has the most pointless named character I've ever seen
    8. One Piece is easily better for way too many reasons
    9. Don't know
    10. Don't know
    11. Music is decent
    12. The good parts have great action, great characters, and are a lot of fun. Still, after a while it gets pretty terrible so consider that
    13. Honestly not sure. I can tell you now that I'd never actually pay to look at the rest of Naruto at this point

  13. #2573

    Default Re: Ok i'm a new shonen jump anime fan from watching One Piece and I may buy Naruto..

    Late Part 1 an 8??? lolllll

  14. #2574

    Default Re: Ok i'm a new shonen jump anime fan from watching One Piece and I may buy Naruto..

    It had some really cool moments and good fights although I probably did still rate it too high, considering that there was a ton of stupid stuff and asspulls going on around these parts.

  15. #2575

    Default Re: Ok i'm a new shonen jump anime fan from watching One Piece and I may buy Naruto..

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    No, you have it wrong, there's a movie of Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.
    Oh, must be pretty damn good if Studio Ghibli made a film version of it. Is it?
    PSN Username: Scoogs50

  16. #2576

    Default Re: Ok i'm a new shonen jump anime fan from watching One Piece and I may buy Naruto..

    Quote Originally Posted by Oga Simpson View Post
    Oh, must be pretty damn good if Studio Ghibli made a film version of it. Is it?
    It must be damn good if it was entirely made by Hayao Miyazaki.

  17. #2577

    Default Re: Ok i'm a new shonen jump anime fan from watching One Piece and I may buy Naruto..

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    It must be damn good if it was entirely made by Hayao Miyazaki.
    Why am I not surprised. I'm naming my first born after that great man, even if it's a girl.
    PSN Username: Scoogs50

  18. #2578

    Default Re: Ok i'm a new shonen jump anime fan from watching One Piece and I may buy Naruto..

    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Kis View Post
    Well I have been a anime fan since like 2003 I think. I have many anime shows that I bought. But recently I got into shonen jump because of One Piece. I think it is amazing! Anyway I may start becoming a fan of Naruto series and Naruto Shippuden series. I go on One Piece forums regulary and heard many bad things about Bleach and Naruto that the shows have way to many filler and One Piece is the best of the three. So I will be asking questions on this show and decide if I should buy all the Naruto anime out there. I will not be getting into Bleach though. Also a new anime Fairy Tail is getting dubbed by Funimation and I will be getting that cuz I heard that show is the best of all 4 shows I mentioned above. Anyways on to my questions to decide if I should buy all the Naruto anime. Thanks

    * How great is this show from 1 being worst to 10 being best and why?

    *How good is the animation?

    *How good is the story?

    *How much filler is in this show?

    *Is this show more adult than One Piece or is One Piece?

    *Is there any box sets that collect the entire first season of Naruto? Also how many box sets are out for Naruto Shippuden? Also what's the difference between both names of the show? also how many episodes are currently out in america right now that are dubbed? I only watch dubbed anime.

    *How great are the characters in this show?

    *What is better One Piece or Naruto and why?

    *Where can I buy the entire Naruto anime series the cheapest?

    *are any Naruto dvds sold out from being too old? If so I may not collect this show after all.

    *How great is the musiq in this show?

    *Why do you recommend this show?

    *ALso again I don't wanna invest my money and time into this show if it ain't that good. How good is this show. I know I will have to invest a lot of time and money into this show. Is it worth it!?

    Thanks and plz add anything you think will help my decision in buying this. Thanks so much and god bless!
    PS sorry if this was in the wrong section of the forums so I posted it here instead. http://naruto.viz.com/forum/images/misc/progress.gif
    Naruto is terrible, much like your posts.

  19. #2579

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.french View Post
    Yup, just an evil guy... It doesn't take away the fact that he's a horrible villain.

    Cyan D Funk just mentioned something in the story and you're ignoring it. The Uchiha clan was about to take over Konoha in that genuine stealthy ninja manner, where you least expect getting your throat sliced wide open. They were disgruntled, remember? Eventually people that would still be alive would take sides, and then possibly a civil war would take place. It's simple. Whether you think they wanted a civil war or not, doesn't change the fact that the Uchiha would have caused many deaths of civilians and shinobi, which in turn would alert other nations to conquer the Fire Country. In other words, they would be at fault for many deaths, and possibly a world war.
    It's your opinion about Madara so I won't argue it.

    I wasn't arguing for the uchia clan. Both sides were not handling the situation that good. Sasuke is just mad Itachi was forced to kill his clan and snitch. This is why I said I didn't like the 3rd Hokage. He shouldn't of allowed the spying to keep going on for years. Why should Sasuke care about people who ordered the killing. This is just Sasuke perspective. I am not saying he is right. Like I said before Sasuke has home nuts.

  20. #2580

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    You might have a point if Sasuke didn't already say he wants to take revenge on the ENTIRE village and not just Danzo and the two advisors. So he wants to kill an entire village of people who had nothing to do with his family's death so they can feel his pain or some other emo reason like that. Itachi wasn't forced to kill his clan, he chose to do it because he wanted to avoid a war.

Closed Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts