Closed Thread
Page 113 of 500 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 163 213 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

  1. #2241
    S+ Rated Ghoul Kareem Said's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Gotham City

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by Namixluffy2 View Post
    I wasn't referring to you really.
    Really? I'm not calling you a liar but it seemed like you were. Although I suppose Zephos and some other posters also talked about the issue so you could've also meant them.
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

  2. #2242

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by Namixluffy2 View Post
    Naruto was never put in that situation in part 1. How do you know what he would of done. What if Iruka ran away and turned rouge, he would of been in denial too.
    Denial =/= A reason to hyperventilate

    Quote Originally Posted by Namixluffy2 View Post
    Anyways I think people are mistaking believing in someone for destiny.
    Naruto has literally been called the chosen one on more than one occasion, including being called "the destined child" in this most recent chapter. In this most recent chapter it's said that Minato sealed the fox inside Naruto just so he take out Madara. That's pretty much being destined to do stuff right there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Namixluffy2 View Post
    For example, Gon dad from HXH believed he would become Hunter and beat the game he made. He had no clue Gon would even make it that far alive, but he believed in a baby he left.
    But it was never a gurantee. Gon was never called a chosen child nor was he destined to play his father's video game (which is a sentence I'd never thought I'd write lol). Ging just left the possibility that Gon would be successful, not a destiny.

    Quote Originally Posted by Namixluffy2 View Post
    I guess we agree on Naruto not caring about Destiny.
    http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/39717916/9

    Quote Originally Posted by Namixluffy2 View Post
    I still don't understand your point about Rikudo. Do you mean they are irrelevant in terms of power or story?
    A little of both really.

    Basically if you're not an Uchiha or Uzamaki or a distant relative of either you can only amount to so much in this world. Even those one-off Gin and Kin brothers were said to likely be distant relatives of the Sage of Six Paths. It pretty much means unless you are a distant relative or descendant of the Sage you are pretty much irrelevant in the grand scheme of the story.

    Really this story only pertains to the Uchiha or Uzamakis nowadays. Which was what I was getting at in the first place. Part 1's theme is destiny doesn't matter and hard work always prevails. Part 2's theme is destiny is everything and hard work be damned.

  3. #2243

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    Really? I'm not calling you a liar but it seemed like you were. Although I suppose Zephos and some other posters also talked about the issue so you could've also meant them.
    I wasn't talking about anyone who must posted. It was a general statement from the 2 years posting here

  4. #2244

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Naruto sucks.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

  5. #2245
    S+ Rated Ghoul Kareem Said's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Gotham City

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by RPGJay View Post
    Really this story only pertains to the Uchiha or Uzamakis nowadays. Which was what I was getting at in the first place. Part 1's theme is destiny doesn't matter and hard work always prevails. Part 2's theme is destiny is everything and hard work be damned.
    This is pretty much what makes Naruto such a disappointing series in four sentences. Everyone give a round of applause for RPGJay.
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

  6. #2246
    Voici La Chévre Wagomu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Location

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Yeah, this chapter was a stiff dick up the ass of the working hard theme.

    Raikage: By our own power, we are going to protect you and this world.
    Naruto: NO. I AM THE MAGICAL JESUS CHILD. HOP ON MY CROSS FUCKNUTS AND WE CAN DO ANYTHING!

    3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

  7. #2247

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by RPGJay View Post
    Denial =/= A reason to hyperventilate



    Naruto has literally been called the chosen one on more than one occasion, including being called "the destined child" in this most recent chapter. In this most recent chapter it's said that Minato sealed the fox inside Naruto just so he take out Madara. That's pretty much being destined to do stuff right there.



    But it was never a gurantee. Gon was never called a chosen child nor was he destined to play his father's video game (which is a sentence I'd never thought I'd write lol). Ging just left the possibility that Gon would be successful, not a destiny.



    http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/39717916/9



    A little of both really.

    Basically if you're not an Uchiha or Uzamaki or a distant relative of either you can only amount to so much in this world. Even those one-off Gin and Kin brothers were said to likely be distant relatives of the Sage of Six Paths. It pretty much means unless you are a distant relative or descendant of the Sage you are pretty much irrelevant in the grand scheme of the story.

    Really this story only pertains to the Uchiha or Uzamakis nowadays. Which was what I was getting at in the first place. Part 1's theme is destiny doesn't matter and hard work always prevails. Part 2's theme is destiny is everything and hard work be damned.
    He was in denial about Sasuke for so long.

    No your not getting it. Jman is the only one who does this destine child thing. Naruto even says his father doesn't think of himself has a savior, but his teacher did. Jman a crackhead for saviors Pein,Minato, and Naruto are hi
    s so called Destined child. http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/39717916/8

    He said Faith not destiny. His father had faith that he could master Kyuubi and stop the maskman. Faith and destiny are completely different things. His father didn't know who the destined child was, how could he know it was Naruto? He didn't even know he was going to die.

    First let's address power. The five great nations are run by people who have noting to do with Rikudo.(Tsaunde is because she has the 1st blood in her, but she is useless according our previous debate).
    How was the theme hardwork always prevail when Rock Lee loss every fight? That theme was mostly for Rock Lee character. I am not saying hardwork isn't important because Naruto is a hardworker. Naruto only said you can choose your own destiny. You could say Rock Lee was destined to be a lower class ninja his whole life, but he choosed to work hard to overcome his Destiny. Naruto never said it doesn't exist, he just doesn't give a crap about it. If the frog told him to not go to war because he would fail, Naruto would of went into one of his little crazy speeches about destiny means noting. The frog basically told him what he choose to do already.


    What do you mean hardwork be damn? If Naruto hasn't been working hard, he would of been dead long ago. I agree about theUchia vs Usamaki part. This is only because the main villain has a big ego. He is training/saving Sasukbecause he wants prove Uchia is better. Sasuke would of hit the bucket a long time ago if Madara doesn't interfere. I don't think that it would look that way if the main villain wasn't such a crazy madmen, but whatever.

  8. #2248

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by Namixluffy2 View Post
    He was in denial about Sasuke for so long.

    No your not getting it. Jman is the only one who does this destine child thing. Naruto even says his father doesn't think of himself has a savior, but his teacher did. Jman a crackhead for saviors Pein,Minato, and Naruto are hi
    s so called Destined child. http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/39717916/8

    He said Faith not destiny. His father had faith that he could master Kyuubi and stop the maskman. Faith and destiny are completely different things. His father didn't know who the destined child was, how could he know it was Naruto? He didn't even know he was going to die.

    First let's address power. The five great nations are run by people who have noting to do with Rikudo.(Tsaunde is because she has the 1st blood in her, but she is useless according our previous debate).
    How was the theme hardwork always prevail when Rock Lee loss every fight? That theme was mostly for Rock Lee character. I am not saying hardwork isn't important because Naruto is a hardworker. Naruto only said you can choose your own destiny. You could say Rock Lee was destined to be a lower class ninja his whole life, but he choosed to work hard to overcome his Destiny. Naruto never said it doesn't exist, he just doesn't give a crap about it. If the frog told him to not go to war because he would fail, Naruto would of went into one of his little crazy speeches about destiny means noting. The frog basically told him what he choose to do already.


    What do you mean hardwork be damn? If Naruto hasn't been working hard, he would of been dead long ago. I agree about theUchia vs Usamaki part. This is only because the main villain has a big ego. He is training/saving Sasukbecause he wants prove Uchia is better. Sasuke would of hit the bucket a long time ago if Madara doesn't interfere. I don't think that it would look that way if the main villain wasn't such a crazy madmen, but whatever.
    I am the voice inside your ears.

    I am the doubt in your face.

    I am the sweat of your anxiety.

    I am the darkness around your conviction.

    I am the trembling in your voice.

    I am the twitch in your eyes.

    I am the truth.

    I am inevitable.

    One of us.
    One of us.
    One of us.
    ONE OF US.
    ONE OF US.

  9. #2249

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    Yeah, this chapter was a stiff dick up the ass of the working hard theme.

    Raikage: By our own power, we are going to protect you and this world.
    Naruto: NO. I AM THE MAGICAL JESUS CHILD. HOP ON MY CROSS FUCKNUTS AND WE CAN DO ANYTHING!
    Raikage trys to kill him right after that

  10. #2250
    The Nice Guy Outerspec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Home away from home.

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by Namixluffy2 View Post
    He was in denial about Sasuke for so long.

    No your not getting it. Jman is the only one who does this destine child thing. Naruto even says his father doesn't think of himself has a savior, but his teacher did. Jman a crackhead for saviors Pein,Minato, and Naruto are hi
    s so called Destined child. http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/39717916/8

    He said Faith not destiny. His father had faith that he could master Kyuubi and stop the maskman. Faith and destiny are completely different things. His father didn't know who the destined child was, how could he know it was Naruto? He didn't even know he was going to die.

    First let's address power. The five great nations are run by people who have noting to do with Rikudo.(Tsaunde is because she has the 1st blood in her, but she is useless according our previous debate).
    How was the theme hardwork always prevail when Rock Lee loss every fight? That theme was mostly for Rock Lee character. I am not saying hardwork isn't important because Naruto is a hardworker. Naruto only said you can choose your own destiny. You could say Rock Lee was destined to be a lower class ninja his whole life, but he choosed to work hard to overcome his Destiny. Naruto never said it doesn't exist, he just doesn't give a crap about it. If the frog told him to not go to war because he would fail, Naruto would of went into one of his little crazy speeches about destiny means noting. The frog basically told him what he choose to do already.


    What do you mean hardwork be damn? If Naruto hasn't been working hard, he would of been dead long ago. I agree about theUchia vs Usamaki part. This is only because the main villain has a big ego. He is training/saving Sasukbecause he wants prove Uchia is better. Sasuke would of hit the bucket a long time ago if Madara doesn't interfere. I don't think that it would look that way if the main villain wasn't such a crazy madmen, but whatever.
    Actually, it was heavily implied Minato saw Naruto as the 'Destined Child' right before he died.

    Spoiler:
    You can read the whole scenario in its full context just in 2 pages starting here.

    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v53/c503/17.html

    So while Minato had faith Naruto could do it he also believed he was destined to do it anyway.

    "I just know" -Minato

    Now, regarding Naruto's personal beliefs you're right. Personally Naruto (the character) hasn't changed his view in regards to destiny. He believes in the faith his parents bestowed upon him. He doesn't give a hoot about destiny and all that. Never has, can't say never will. The problem though is he's the destined child!!! No matter if he believes in destiny or not 'Naruto' (the manga) is now a story geared towards a destined conclusion (Naruto the 'Savior' of the world) involving a main character that...is so hard pressed against destiny! Isn't that a little ironic?
    Spoiler:
    The change of tone from Part 1 to Part 2 is what I think Jay is trying to get at.

    A beloved theme of Part 1 was screw Destiny or even change it.

    The entire Part 2's theme IS Destiny.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    And to add one more image to that.

    Spoiler:
    Stupid things like destiny and fate are now stupid things he's unwittingly following. Step by step, every time he gets closer to Sasuke. I'm not even saying destiny is a stupid thing but that's how it was portrayed by Naruto in Part 1 of this manga. It seems to be doing a complete turn in Part 2 in making Naruto the unchangeable "destined child".
    Everything's Eventual...


  11. #2251
    I like videogames TLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malta

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by Namixluffy2 View Post
    @TLC seriously your so worked up about a debate that happen two years ago. You didn't even win because of your arguments. You had better sentence structure and paragraphs. Everytime you see me you post that same comment. You won through so I will add it to my Sig.
    Actually it was less than a year ago hence why you still have to wear the sig (not counting the extra months when you were banned). How or why I won is irrelevant. By the rules of the contest, I was the winner (and whether I beat you or not by skills aside, structuring is as important. You got lazy so you paid the price). Ergo stop welching. And nuh-uh, that lame sig you made isn't gonna cut it. Could you give Juju a hand like you did in his last incarnation, Robby?

  12. #2252

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Namixluffy2 View Post
    He was in denial about Sasuke for so long.
    Quote Originally Posted by RPGJay View Post
    Denial =/= A reason to hyperventilate
    Quote Originally Posted by Namixluffy2 View Post
    No your not getting it. Jman is the only one who does this destine child thing. Naruto even says his father doesn't think of himself has a savior, but his teacher did. Jman a crackhead for saviors Pein,Minato, and Naruto are hi
    s so called Destined child. http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/39717916/8

    He said Faith not destiny. His father had faith that he could master Kyuubi and stop the maskman. Faith and destiny are completely different things. His father didn't know who the destined child was, how could he know it was Naruto? He didn't even know he was going to die.
    Outerspec kind of saved me a lot of time with this point (which is good since I don't have a lot of it currently so thanks Outerspec I owe you one), but I'll still reiterate myself. Naruto has literally been called the chosen one by more than just Jiraiya. As of this latest chapter Naruto has accepted his destiny as being the chosen one his father planned for him. This really isn't a point you can argue here bro.

    Quote Originally Posted by Namixluffy2 View Post
    First let's address power. The five great nations are run by people who have noting to do with Rikudo.(Tsaunde is because she has the 1st blood in her, but she is useless according our previous debate).
    As is the Mizukage as we last established, but that's not the point.

    Look at how the story is progressing.

    Look at all the characters who aren't an Uzamaki or Uchiha.

    This story is literally winding down to the point where even the strongest ninjas in the world are being pushed aside for Naruto. The Raikage, who really should be one of the most useful characters in this series, just let Naruto go so he can eventually find Sasuke.

    All characters are irrelevant really unless you have the sage of six paths in their blood. This story has completely gone off the deep end and is only about the Uchiha and Uzamakis. And that's how it'll end too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Namixluffy2 View Post
    How was the theme hardwork always prevail when Rock Lee loss every fight? That theme was mostly for Rock Lee character. I am not saying hardwork isn't important because Naruto is a hardworker. Naruto only said you can choose your own destiny. You could say Rock Lee was destined to be a lower class ninja his whole life, but he choosed to work hard to overcome his Destiny. Naruto never said it doesn't exist, he just doesn't give a crap about it. If the frog told him to not go to war because he would fail, Naruto would of went into one of his little crazy speeches about destiny means noting. The frog basically told him what he choose to do already.
    As I mentioned, Rock Lee was a microcosm of the hard work theme that was going on in part 1. Think of his fight with Gaara during the Chunin exam arc like the first Rocky movie, despite being completely mismatched (in this case Lee only knowing and only passing with Taijutsu) he went the distance with Gaara. He did not win, but it was very much a moral victory. A hope for the future if you will for this underdog.

    And that's just the thing, Rock Lee may have represented the theme of "screw destiny hard work pays off" the strongest, but it was not only limited to him. This theme was literally everywhere in part 1. One example I can think of off the top of my sleep-deprived mind was the whole ordeal with the Hyuuga clan with Hinata and Neji. Naruto himself of one of the biggest examples of it. He was just an orphan, no chosen child of destiny or anything. He was just a kid with the demon fox sealed inside him for perhaps no larger reason than just chance. He worked hard to make his way to the top.

    But now in part 2 everything is destiny. Rock Lee as well as all the other members of the konoha 11 that aren't Naruto or Sasuke are just another face in this war. Seriously I have a hard time naming anything noteworthy the konoha 11 has done in the war. Naruto on the other hand is getting stronger, is having what should be the strongest ninjas in the world clear the way for him, and has accepted his whole destiny thing.

    And that, in and of itself, is contiuning proof that the theme of the Naruto series has done a complete 180. As I've said ad nausem before.

    Quote Originally Posted by Namixluffy2 View Post
    I agree about theUchia vs Usamaki part. This is only because the main villain has a big ego. He is training/saving Sasukbecause he wants prove Uchia is better. Sasuke would of hit the bucket a long time ago if Madara doesn't interfere. I don't think that it would look that way if the main villain wasn't such a crazy madmen, but whatever.
    But Sasuke is still alive and is still going to end up facing Naruto. So kind of a moot point.

  13. #2253

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Seeing that Naruto Vs Neji fight-conclusion just made me remember how epic Naruto was...

  14. #2254
    Champions Club mr.french's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Online Gaming Community

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Exactly. What we see with Naruto is what happened to Star Wars. Lucas turned almost every aspect of what we knew that was established in the old trilogy and went against it in the new trilogy. It's possible that Kishi knows through some statistic that themes of fate and destiny are actually more popular than not using them like he did in part 1.

    Anyways, the series should be done with in the next year or two. Naruto has achieved a level where it's unlikely he'll get much stronger. He's already the fastest character, and probably the strongest at this point. There is no reason for this manga to go on for too much longer.
    How much can you do? Just grab a ball and juggle.
    All those balls in the air, How hard can it be?
    So hard you're getting dizzy!
    Keep those balls in the air, Keep those balls in the ai-air!
    Balls in the air!

  15. #2255

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Hey guyz, I heard from one my friend that we are going to see people with two types of eyes in the coming chapters... is it true? Cheez Kubo dripped so low, next what sharingan cannons?

  16. #2256

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by ButternutSquash View Post
    Hey guyz, I heard from one my friend that we are going to see people with two types of eyes in the coming chapters... is it true? Cheez Kubo dripped so low, next what sharingan cannons?
    No it's just a bad dream I think I'm having.......

  17. #2257

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Sorry for interrupting, but I have this serious Naruto question I need to have answered before we can move on.

    Is or isn't Tsunade making a rape face here?



    I know it's supposed to be a "Oh, Narudo, you so mature and cool" moment.
    But look at it, I literally stopped skimming through the chapter and looked at it for 10 seconds flat because it looked so creepy!
    We know Kishi and his BREATHTAKINGLY innovative plot twists.
    THIS is solid foreshadowing, pals.

    I think, Tsundade will backstab everyone, maybe she will team up with Jiraiya, who comes back from his prolonged "business trip".
    And I think she will get a sharingan too. Everyone will get a sharingan too.
    Except for Tenten.





  18. #2258

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by ButternutSquash View Post
    Hey guyz, I heard from one my friend that we are going to see people with two types of eyes in the coming chapters... is it true? Cheez Kubo dripped so low, next what sharingan cannons?
    i know they both fail as mangaka, but lets at least know who is who

  19. #2259

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuOLuffy View Post
    Seeing that Naruto Vs Neji fight-conclusion just made me remember how epic Naruto was...
    Well, I guess anything is going to be epic after coming off of Naruto winning through flatulance.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

  20. #2260
    What's wrong with you! IceBorg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Portugal

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerlilly View Post
    Sorry for interrupting, but I have this serious Naruto question I need to have answered before we can move on.

    Is or isn't Tsunade making a rape face here?

    http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/9428/unled1dh.jpg

    I know it's supposed to be a "Oh, Narudo, you so mature and cool" moment.
    But look at it, I literally stopped skimming through the chapter and looked at it for 10 seconds flat because it looked so creepy!
    We know Kishi and his BREATHTAKINGLY innovative plot twists.
    THIS is solid foreshadowing, pals.

    I think, Tsundade will backstab everyone, maybe she will team up with Jiraiya, who comes back from his prolonged "business trip".
    And I think she will get a sharingan too. Everyone will get a sharingan too.
    Except for Tenten.
    Tsunade looks more like a statue there.

Closed Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts