Closed Thread
Page 111 of 500 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 161 211 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-chan View Post
    It hasn't been a year yet.
    Sighh
    Quote Originally Posted by pyromonki View Post
    I still don't understand how anyone in this series can be retarded enough to lose with these abilities.

Even against the Raikage sasuke could've just looked at Raikage's face and it was game over. You can't dodge a gaze. AND The fire is never ending.

Why did Kishi think this was a viable and "fight challenging" technique?

I can't help but feel that any solution that comes to defeating that technique is a complete joke.

The only times anyone's even avoided it was when Itachi wasn't trying to kill Sasuke. (which is absurd because, why use that technique of all things)

Now top that with the oh so broken Rinnegan, and golly gee whiz, this is gonna be a massacre.

But don't worry, Konohamaru is gonna take one down while the Rookie 13 are gonna get floored.
    Genjutsu doesn't Work on Raikage. He moving too fast to.make eye contact. Sasuke did try it on him, but failed so he used it on Shii. http://www.mangareader.net/93-31099-...apter-462.html All the top tiers in Naruto are broken. You don't need a eye. Minato can go anywhere, Onooki can casually carry mountains/fly/turn people in to stone with touch, Raikage is too fast for almost anyone, Mizakage can throw leva/Acid at you, Gaara can use the ground you stand on to destroy you,jman had so many jutsus/summons I lost count etc....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    Juju's back. I'm actually glad because he made the discussions more lively and believe it or not he wasn't that bad of a poster. He certainly wasn't Almost Legendary level bad. And I knew it was only a matter of time before he finally returned.

On the Pain is overpowered issue, I actually kind of side with Juju. Kind of. If only because I think there are worse cases of overpowered villains than Pain. Madara now he's an overpowered villain. Each body had an ability (summoning, force push, scorpion-cyborg thing, mind annihilation or whatever that was etc.) and they never (from what I recall) displayed any abilites beyond what they were set. Yeah that one "cyborg" body for lack of a better word had a ton of abilities but they all made sense given what he was. The only thing that I feel really makes him overpowered is the "control of the 6 elements thing" that definitely feels overpowered. But I don't remember him even displaying those abilites.

So Kishi kind of fails twice, because on one hand he gave a villain who was already powerful enough, more power to tip him over the Hax limit and on the other hand he doesn't even show the abilities. You don't just say "they have this incredible power that makes them ridiculously strong" and then not show it, that's bad writing. One of the main differences between a good writer and a not-so good writer is that the good writer remembers the plotpoints and character aspects he forshadows and doesn't just toss them aside. It'd be almost like if Oda never showed us Fishman Island or Impel Down, it's just not something a good writer does.
    He does show their abilities. He doesn't control the 6 elements, he is just able to use them to form jutsus. Doesn't mean he was able to do it. Just like Jman couldn't fully complete Sage Mode. All his paths couldn't have those various different jutsus without it.

Who the hell is Jman?

Jiraiya.

The shortened name is quite common among naruto readers.
    Though it looks like this site is an exception.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by The Daz View Post
    Regarding the Rinnegan: my main beef with it is not all the random abilities, but that they're all tied to eyes. Horrible as the sharingan is, at least its abilities made sense at the start since they were eye-related:

Copy jutsus by looking at them.
    Read opponents movements.
    Give color to chakra.
    Hypnotize people who look into your eyes.
    Super sharingan gives SUPER illusions
    Stuff you look at bursts into flames.

Now it also uh, rewrites reality, and summons huge poorly drawn Tengu warriors. By...looking at stuff? And the rinnegan just takes that to the extreme. The techniques and their source just don't fit. It might as well be:

"I wield the magic index finger, inherited through my family for generations!"
    "What does it do?"
    "Allow me to breathe fire and shoot lazers from my eyes!"
    Should've mentioned this earlier, but yes, this is pretty much the main problem with the Rinnegan.

Now, if it was something a bit more generic like, say, a kekkei genkai, or something related to a specific part of the body, that would make a little better, but it still wouldn't change the fact that he was stupidly overpowered and his techniques had no real relation to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Namixluffy2 View Post
    He does show their abilities. He doesn't control the 6 elements, he is just able to use them to form jutsus. Doesn't mean he was able to do it. Just like Jman couldn't fully complete Sage Mode. All his paths couldn't have those various different jutsus without it.
    Ah, I see. Sorry around the Sasuke vs Itachi fight my reading of Naruto became quite a bit more sporadic due to the horrible writing around that time (and sadly that persisted after that) so I'm not the best person to talk too when it concern's Kishi's eye fetish. All I know is that it's stupid and annoying as hell. Of course that's my opinion.
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

jman + jiriya
    QB = Kyubi
    pnj = I forgot

Plot no Jutsu - basically, plot armour (when characters survive only by virtue of being main characters - ex. Sasuke vs. the Kages, where a Zetsu clone pulled a time-released chakra draining technique to take chakra from everyone in the building and give it to Sasuke all before that particular clone died, to allow Sasuke to survive, or the ending of Sasuke vs. Deidara).

Quote Originally Posted by Megadoomer View Post
    Plot no Jutsu - basically, plot armour (when characters survive only by virtue of being main characters - ex. Sasuke vs. the Kages, where a Zetsu clone pulled a time-released chakra draining technique to take chakra from everyone in the building and give it to Sasuke all before that particular clone died, to allow Sasuke to survive).
    There's also Plotkai for Bleach and it was thought that something along the line of Plot Plot no Mi would be created for One Piece, except One Piece doesn't have nearly as many stupid, lame asspulls as those other two series so it never really caught on.
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

Sighh
    You can sigh all you want. A bet's a bet. I'd still be carrying that sig around to this day had I lost.

Speaking of those 6 elements we know Nagato is able to use all 6 and in fact mastered the use of them at an early age.

Spoiler:
    Now since he's not controlling the 6 Paths anymore and is fighting independently hopefully we'll see some of those abilities.
    Everything's Eventual...

Genjutsu doesn't Work on Raikage. He moving too fast to.make eye contact. Sasuke did try it on him, but failed so he used it on Shii. http://www.mangareader.net/93-31099-...apter-462.html All the top tiers in Naruto are broken. You don't need a eye. Minato can go anywhere, Onooki can casually carry mountains/fly/turn people in to stone with touch, Raikage is too fast for almost anyone, Mizakage can throw leva/Acid at you, Gaara can use the ground you stand on to destroy you,jman had so many jutsus/summons I lost count etc....

But he did catch the Raikage with it. Isn't that how he set his arm on fire? And being able to lift a mountain has nothing on an instantaneous ability to set your opponent ablaze with a flame that can't be put out.

Technically speaking, he doesn't even have to show signs that he's activating it.

So that's right... stare at his sharingan to confirm he's using it, but by then it's too late.

As impressive as ALL those techniques may be, there's nothing easier than looking at someone.

Mix that in with the fact that Sharingan can READ techniques, (meaning he can probably match Raikage's speed using his technique, or at the very least predict it) and you have a Raikage roasted.

There should be a cost here somewhere to make the fight interesting is all I'm trying to say.
    if you want to check out my game progress: http://soggybreadgm.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by pyromonki View Post
    But he did catch the Raikage with it. Isn't that how he set his arm on fire? And being able to lift a mountain has nothing on an instantaneous ability to set your opponent ablaze with a flame that can't be put out.

Technically speaking, he doesn't even have to show signs that he's activating it.

So that's right... stare at his sharingan to confirm he's using it, but by then it's too late.

As impressive as ALL those techniques may be, there's nothing easier than looking at someone.

Mix that in with the fact that Sharingan can READ techniques, (meaning he can probably match Raikage's speed using his technique, or at the very least predict it) and you have a Raikage roasted.

There should be a cost here somewhere to make the fight interesting is all I'm trying to say.
    No, Sasuke put on a fire shield and Raikage said "I don't care about no shield man, I the freaking Raikage" Proceded to pimp slap him with shield on. Sasuke sharingan can't read Raikage moves when he powers up. He can't predict Raikage when he goes Ssj. Raikage slapped him silly.

Huh? Naruto will obviously win in the end. He the main character, he might die or something through. Wars this destiny thing you speak of? Naruto does whatever he feels like. The destiny frog has noting to do with it. Naruto was already going to fight Sasuke and join the war. Naruto is doing this more for his father/Jman then some destiny. The frog could of told him anything, he would still be chasing after Sasuke.
    I see the point flew right over your head.
    Sig by Robby

JuJu doesn't really get the whole destiny theme Naruto abruptly switched over to once part 2 started.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadoomer View Post
    Plot no Jutsu - basically, plot armour (when characters survive only by virtue of being main characters - ex. Sasuke vs. the Kages, where a Zetsu clone pulled a time-released chakra draining technique to take chakra from everyone in the building and give it to Sasuke all before that particular clone died, to allow Sasuke to survive, or the ending of Sasuke vs. Deidara).
    I wouldn't call that Plot no Jutsu. The whole fight with Sasuke vs. the Kages was a setup orchestrated by Madara and Zetsu. They had him on watch the entire time so he wouldn't die. It's not like the Sasuke vs. Deidara fight where Sasuke should have easily died but he did some crazy ass asspull to survive and it succeeded basically because his name is Sasuke.
    Everything's Eventual...

Quote Originally Posted by RPGJay View Post
    JuJu doesn't really get the whole destiny theme Naruto abruptly switched over to once part 2 started.
    Naruto did switch goals, I agree, but Naruto the character is the same person. Naruto inherited jman goals in life after traveling with him. After jman/Pein died he clearly had bigger goals then he imagined before when he was 12. He is choosing to do this because of what his father believed. He didn't abruptly switch over to it. He is doing it in respect to jman and his da
    d/hero.

Naruto still believe you choose your own destiny. The frog told him he might be the savior(Naruto didn't actually give a damn what he was saying." Yea I already know I will fight someone with powerful eyes. He doesn't even let the Toad finish. http://www.mangareader.net/93-31099-...apter-462.html If Naruto believes in destiny wouldn't he make him tell Jim the outcome rather then stopping him. The fact is Naruto doesn't give a crap like before. Let's assume the Toad told him he couldn't save Sasuke and will lose to him. Naruto would of ignored him just like he does to everyone who says he can't do something.

JuJu if nothing else, I respect your tenacity. And that's not even sarcasm. I legitmately mean this.

Naruto did switch goals, I agree, but Naruto the character is the same person.
    Although this doesn't have anything to do what I was getting at, I still have to say nooooo he isn't.

Can someone find that comparison image of past Naruto vs current Naruto? The one where Naruto says "keep on crying forever you sissy" and then has the next panel of him sobbing/hyperventilating over Sasuke. I'd really like that image right now.

Naruto inherited jman goals in life after traveling with him. After jman/Pein died he clearly had bigger goals then he imagined before when he was 12. He is choosing to do this because of what his father believed. He didn't abruptly switch over to it. He is doing it in respect to jman and his dad/hero.
    I think you may have missed my point of my last sarcastic remark. Though reading it again it's likely my fault. What I meant was Naruto the series, not the character, had a complete theme 180.
    The big theme of part 1 was that destiny didn't matter and hard work was all that was needed. Hell, Rock Lee was practically a microcosm of this theme.
    Part 2 of Naruto destiny is the only thing that matters. Naruto is the chosen one and is destined to fight Sasuke. Basically if anyone in this series didn't have the blood of the sage of six paths running through them, they're, for the most part, irrelevant. Regardless of what Naruto himself thinks, he is made out to be the chosen one by just about everybody, including his own parents.

That's what I was trying to say. My apologies for the misconception man.

Minato was using a teleportation jutsu so it makes sense that he can avoid being hit by the Raikage even if the fist is at 1 cm away from his face .. but I would really like to get more info or explanation on how Naruto is able to do the same with speed alone.. because if he is that fast then I guess nothing can hit him anymore..

See you in another life! Mugiwara_no_Ice's Avatar

OMG Sharrinegan overload ........................ BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!
    Seeking infinity, with all my affinities.
    Finding truth, like a falling fruit, my ultimate finality.
    Inside my being, the outside, all things; the finite leads the way.

he brought up some good and valid points about the shit that is happening in naruto...

Closed Thread

Thread Information