Closed Thread
Page 110 of 500 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 210 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

Quote Originally Posted by Hisoga View Post
    but what exactly you guys trying to prove here? JUju and FFA?
    Juju's trying to say these are original names/concepts that Kishi invented... I'm pointing out that they're not. That's all.
    I called it wrong, so long ago. I guess this needs to be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by "Fire Fist" Ace View Post
    Juju's trying to say these are original names/concepts that Kishi invented... I'm pointing out that they're not. That's all.
    i thought JuJu already said that Pein power was based on Budhism when he reply to Nobodyman when Nobodyman said something about dull an confusing.

I think juju's trying to say that despite the fact that Pein's powers are completely random and make no sense, it's okay because they're based off of Buddhism, or something.

Oh goody JuJu is back.

What, did Robby leave the backdoor open again?
    Last edited by RPGJay; June 23rd, 2011 at 04:30 AM.

I wonder if the ex-host will still have the power of the tailed beast... they were killed when the beast were extracted from them so does it mean they died with the power or without.. anyway hope they don't get defeated easily like all the other edo that were suppose to be super strong

The Realms/Paths seem to be inspired by Buddhism and that's probably the only power of the Rinnengan based off of the Buddhist religion.

The other powers of the Rinnengan...Mind Reading, Force Push/Pull, Summoning, Chakra Absorption, Mechanical Man, Soul Snatching, Reviving People From The Dead, Shared Vision, and The Ability To Learn Any Technique In The Ninja World!? Err...not so much.

All of these powers for one eye technique does seem kind of random. Yes, it is overpowered and no one was making the argument it wasn't. The Rinnengan is supposed to be the strongest Doujutsu in the ninja world and when put up against the Sharingan I'm not surprised Kishi crammed all those powers into it just to make it so.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by luffyg2 View Post
    I wonder if the ex-host will still have the power of the tailed beast... they were killed when the beast were extracted from them so does it mean they died with the power or without.. anyway hope they don't get defeated easily like all the other edo that were suppose to be super strong
    I'm wondering that too. Since the Bijuu were sealed inside that Gedo statue it seems likely they couldn't be brought back with their hosts after the hosts were revived with Edo Tensei. Remember is you were sealed not even Edo Tensei can bring you back.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v55/c520/11.html

So I'm guessing Kishi took away those chracteristic powers from the Jinchuuriki but hopefully left the Jinchuuriki with some left over powers (unique elemental abilities) from there exposure to the Bijuu. Like, even after the Bijuu was extracted from Gaara he was still able to control sand.
    Everything's Eventual...

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Fist" Ace;2282960]Juju's trying to say these are original names/concepts that Kishi invented... I'm pointing out that they're not. That's all.[/QUOTE]

You do realized you just helped me right? Hmm thxs

[QUOTE=Outerspec;2283023]The Realms/Paths seem to be inspired by Buddhism and that's [I]probably[/I] the only power of the Rinnengan based off of the Buddhist religion.

The other powers of the Rinnengan...Mind Reading, Force Push/Pull, Summoning, Chakra Absorption, Mechanical Man, Soul Snatching, Reviving People From The Dead, Shared Vision, and The Ability To Learn Any Technique In The Ninja World!? Err...not so much.

All of these powers for [B]one[/B] eye technique does seem kind of random. Yes, it is overpowered and no one was making the argument it wasn't. The Rinnengan is supposed to be the strongest Doujutsu in the ninja world and when put up against the Sharingan I'm not surprised Kishi crammed all those powers into it just to make it so.

I'm wondering that too. Since the Bijuu were sealed inside that Gedo statue it seems likely they couldn't be brought back with their hosts after the hosts were revived with Edo Tensei. Remember is you were sealed not even Edo Tensei can bring you back.

[url]http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v55/c520/11.html[/url]

So I'm guessing Kishi took away those chracteristic powers from the Jinchuuriki but [B]hopefully[/B] left the Jinchuuriki with some left over powers (unique elemental abilities) from there exposure to the Bijuu. Like, even after the Bi[URL="http://www.onmarkproductions.com/html/six-states.shtml
    http://www.onmarkproductions.com/html/six-states.shtml[/URL]juu was extracted from Gaara he was still able to control sand.
    Actually reviving people from the dead is in the story about the realms. I should of bookmarked it when I saw the story. K I found a decent article on it. All of the realms are listed, the rebirth thing, afterlife(where Kakashi was) is all explained enjoy. http://www.onmarkproductions.com/html/six-states.shtml Force push, mind reading, and mechnical men seems wasn't listed.

Just read some of it. Naruto=Samsara He was the one who broke free of the cycle and changed the realm.
    This picture has the Moon in it and an animal. Lol
    Last edited by Namixluffy2; June 23rd, 2011 at 05:18 AM.

I get that the six paths of Pain are based off of Buddhist philosophies, but that doesn't explain how they have so many unrelated powers (even the Rinnegan's basic powers - mass revival of the dead, controlling tailed beasts, learning every technique in existence, shared vision between a group of corpse puppets, and reality warping - have no basic connection between them), and how the connection is explained in a universe where Buddhism doesn't exist (from what we've seen, anyways).

Quote Originally Posted by Megadoomer View Post
    I get that the six paths of Pain are based off of Buddhist philosophies, but that doesn't explain how they have so many unrelated powers (even the Rinnegan's basic powers - mass revival of the dead, controlling tailed beasts, learning every technique in existence, shared vision between a group of corpse puppets, and reality warping - have no basic connection between them), and how the connection is explained in a universe where Buddhism doesn't exist (from what we've seen, anyways).
    The reviving mass death people is apart of it actually. Some of the things Kishi made up for himself like the shared, learning every jutsu(Note: The Rinnegan is able to learn every jutsu, but Pein doesn't have or learned every jutsu. It gives you the ability to learn it, but doesn't mean he can actually get it. The only person who could it seems was Rikoduo). Buddhism doesn't have to exist, to be inspired by it. Authors draw inspiration from various places Movies,stories,other mangas etc......

This week episode was enjoyable,they expand few part´s i think kisame and zetsu body switch and conference with feudal cloud lord, the final was good Bee was starting some sort of concert and recieve a dropkick from raikage.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Now, when you say "throwing himself at him"....

Quote Originally Posted by Namixluffy2 View Post
    The stacks have to be against the hero at the end. Just like Goku/
    Vegeta didn't fuse to wipe the floor with kid Buu. Who would be exited to see that? They want to show struggle/ Perseverance to win.
    Hahahahahahahha

Oh wait, you are serious.

Destiny is in Naruto's side. Nobody thinks he has any chances of losing. There's no fear for his life. There's no tension whatsoever. There's no danger. Which makes Madara's uber power even MORE ridiculous.
    Sig by Robby

But..but...there's Glossy Black :/

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Thats my conclusion too. Which would make using the jinchuriki as pains totally redundant, since they they'd be no more useful than any other ninja. Of course Madara could stuff the bijuu inside them again I suppose, which would be moronic, but wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Regarding the Rinnegan: my main beef with it is not all the random abilities, but that they're all tied to eyes. Horrible as the sharingan is, at least its abilities made sense at the start since they were eye-related:

Copy jutsus by looking at them.
    Read opponents movements.
    Give color to chakra.
    Hypnotize people who look into your eyes.
    Super sharingan gives SUPER illusions
    Stuff you look at bursts into flames.

Now it also uh, rewrites reality, and summons huge poorly drawn Tengu warriors. By...looking at stuff? And the rinnegan just takes that to the extreme. The techniques and their source just don't fit. It might as well be:

"I wield the magic index finger, inherited through my family for generations!"
    "What does it do?"
    "Allow me to breathe fire and shoot lazers from my eyes!"

Quote Originally Posted by gabzilla View Post

Hahahahahahahha

Oh wait, you are serious.

Destiny is in Naruto's side. Nobody thinks he has any chances of losing. There's no fear for his life. There's no tension whatsoever. There's no danger. Which makes Madara's uber power even MORE ridiculous.
    Huh? Naruto will obviously win in the end. He the main character, he might die or something through. Wars this destiny thing you speak of? Naruto does whatever he feels like. The destiny frog has noting to do with it. Naruto was already going to fight Sasuke and join the war. Naruto is doing this more for his father/Jman then some destiny. The frog could of told him anything, he would still be chasing after Sasuke.

Quote Originally Posted by The Daz View Post
    Thats my conclusion too. Which would make using the jinchuriki as pains totally redundant, since they they'd be no more useful than any other ninja. Of course Madara could stuff the bijuu inside them again I suppose, which would be moronic, but wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Regarding the Rinnegan: my main beef with it is not all the random abilities, but that they're all tied to eyes. Horrible as the sharingan is, at least its abilities made sense at the start since they were eye-related:

Give color to chakra.

Now it also uh, rewrites reality, and summons huge poorly drawn Tengu warriors. By...looking at stuff? And the rinnegan just takes that to the extreme. The techniques and their source just don't fit. It might as well be:

"What does it do?"
    I agree the missles launcher guy was random has hell.

You know, Juju, I wasn't 100% sure it was you until you said "Jman". Despite the character name with a number after it, and the stances you're taking.

Better grammar than usual, I guess you're trying harder. Since you're making the effort, I guess you can stay for now. Headache inducing though you may be.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

It hasn't been a year yet.
    Last edited by TLC; June 23rd, 2011 at 10:55 AM. Reason: A bet's a bet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Daz View Post
    Horrible as the sharingan is, at least its abilities made sense at the start since they were eye-related:

Give color to chakra.

"What does it do?"
    I still don't understand how anyone in this series can be retarded enough to lose with these abilities.

Even against the Raikage sasuke could've just looked at Raikage's face and it was game over. You can't dodge a gaze. AND The fire is never ending.

Why did Kishi think this was a viable and "fight challenging" technique?

I can't help but feel that any solution that comes to defeating that technique is a complete joke.

The only times anyone's even avoided it was when Itachi wasn't trying to kill Sasuke. (which is absurd because, why use that technique of all things)

Now top that with the oh so broken Rinnegan, and golly gee whiz, this is gonna be a massacre.

But don't worry, Konohamaru is gonna take one down while the Rookie 13 are gonna get floored.
    if you want to check out my game progress: http://soggybreadgm.tumblr.com/

Juju's back. I'm actually glad because he made the discussions more lively and believe it or not he wasn't that bad of a poster. He certainly wasn't Almost Legendary level bad. And I knew it was only a matter of time before he finally returned.

On the Pain is overpowered issue, I actually kind of side with Juju. Kind of. If only because I think there are worse cases of overpowered villains than Pain. Madara now he's an overpowered villain. Each body had an ability (summoning, force push, scorpion-cyborg thing, mind annihilation or whatever that was etc.) and they never (from what I recall) displayed any abilites beyond what they were set. Yeah that one "cyborg" body for lack of a better word had a ton of abilities but they all made sense given what he was. The only thing that I feel really makes him overpowered is the "control of the 6 elements thing" that definitely feels overpowered. But I don't remember him even displaying those abilites.

So Kishi kind of fails twice, because on one hand he gave a villain who was already powerful enough, more power to tip him over the Hax limit and on the other hand he doesn't even show the abilities. You don't just say "they have this incredible power that makes them ridiculously strong" and then not show it, that's bad writing. One of the main differences between a good writer and a not-so good writer is that the good writer remembers the plotpoints and character aspects he forshadows and doesn't just toss them aside. It'd be almost like if Oda never showed us Fishman Island or Impel Down, it's just not something a good writer does.
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Oda never showed us pluton :ninja

Apart from this being discussed, did we ever see any context of the "alliance" for losing half their forces? I dont recall one named shinobi who has died yet, so where's the reference?

Closed Thread

Thread Information