Closed Thread
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 381

Thread: Arlong Park gets a Fishman Island upgrade

  1. #261

    Default Re: Arlong Park gets a Fishman Island upgrade

    I'm pro-News page because the hassle is so abysmally small that the sheer act of bitching about it is ridiculous. How little time do you have on here that you can't spare three extra seconds (if that) to get to the index page? If you're running THAT low on time, perhaps you shouldn't be on here to begin with. I mean that's just freaking ridiculous.

    I love that the News page shows up first because it let me know when the latest chapter came out and informed me of any changes that occured around the forum (like the quote add-on) which I would have wasted more time searching for information on than had I just checked it out the second I got here. And if you make it jump straight to the index again, it'll be easy as hell to forget that the News tab even exists off in that little corner of its.

    There's no good argument against being taken to the News first other than, "Dur hur... I have to click twice."

    Jesus Christ, man. Get over it.

  2. #262

    Default Re: Arlong Park gets a Fishman Island upgrade

    I generally type 'AP', and my url recognizes APForums.net (unfortunately....it's my most visited site.....) immediately. Which of course takes me to the news page, so generally bookmarks don't help me.

    HOWEVER, I like the News Page so the rest of you can suck it.

  3. #263

    Default Re: Arlong Park gets a Fishman Island upgrade

    Quote Originally Posted by wanderer-zero View Post
    Given by your response, wouldn't it be more logical that http://arlongpark.net/ point to the news tab and apforums.net point to http://apforums.net/forum.php then?

    It's really not that hard to change those two around, just a bit of time. It'd save 2-3 people's bitching at least <_<
    The last thing we need is 2-3 people bitching!!! STAT STAT!!!

  4. #264

    Default Re: Arlong Park gets a Fishman Island upgrade

    We set it up this way just for Kaiser's sake.

  5. #265
    Rogue Agent Zkaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sleeping on THE LAST VΩYAGE

    Default Re: Arlong Park gets a Fishman Island upgrade

    Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    If you're a One Piece fan, visiting a One Piece message board, wouldn't you want to know when the latest One Piece chapter is out?

    Seems pretty useful to me.
    How good of a One Piece fan are you if you don't know by instinct? Who doesn't check Mangastream first? Come on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Kenny View Post
    I'm pro-News page because the hassle is so abysmally small that the sheer act of bitching about it is ridiculous. How little time do you have on here that you can't spare three extra seconds (if that) to get to the index page? If you're running THAT low on time, perhaps you shouldn't be on here to begin with. I mean that's just freaking ridiculous.

    I love that the News page shows up first because it let me know when the latest chapter came out and informed me of any changes that occured around the forum (like the quote add-on) which I would have wasted more time searching for information on than had I just checked it out the second I got here. And if you make it jump straight to the index again, it'll be easy as hell to forget that the News tab even exists off in that little corner of its.

    There's no good argument against being taken to the News first other than, "Dur hur... I have to click twice."

    Jesus Christ, man. Get over it.
    You mad, bro?
    ΩMEGA PIRATES: ? Members
    Captain: Zkaiser
    Status: Dejected.
    Threat Level: Pink
    Goal: Prove the Elemental Haki Theory

  6. #266

    Default Re: Arlong Park gets a Fishman Island upgrade

    Quote Originally Posted by Zkaiser View Post
    How good of a One Piece fan are you if you don't know by instinct? Who doesn't check Mangastream first? Come on.
    People who come here for reasons beyond One Piece are on line 2. I have them on hold. You may want to take this.

  7. #267
    Rogue Agent Zkaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sleeping on THE LAST VΩYAGE

    Default Re: Arlong Park gets a Fishman Island upgrade

    -Hello? Yeah, it's Zkaiser.

    -You guys don't need this news, right?

    -I didn't think so. They might as well delete the announcement forum, huh?

    -Yeah, yeah, I think so too.

    -Anyway, I need to go and troll. See ya later, people who come here for reasons beyond One Piece!
    ΩMEGA PIRATES: ? Members
    Captain: Zkaiser
    Status: Dejected.
    Threat Level: Pink
    Goal: Prove the Elemental Haki Theory

  8. #268

    Default Re: Arlong Park gets a Fishman Island upgrade

    I wasn't part of that conversation at all!!! YOU CRIMINAL! *picks up phone* SOCIETY!


    But seriously, I like the news page. Use bookmarks.

  9. #269

    Default Re: Arlong Park gets a Fishman Island upgrade

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Kenny View Post
    I'm pro-News page because the hassle is so abysmally small that the sheer act of bitching about it is ridiculous. How little time do you have on here that you can't spare three extra seconds (if that) to get to the index page? If you're running THAT low on time, perhaps you shouldn't be on here to begin with. I mean that's just freaking ridiculous.
    Actually good webdesign is all about efficiency. Why do you think google got so much more popular than yahoo? It was easy to use, direct to the point, and quick. GUI design in general is about efficiency actually so this goes past web design.

    Why are you so worked up anyway?

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King
    The last thing we need is 2-3 people bitching!!! STAT STAT!!!
    Don't you know that one complaint online corresponds to one million complaints in real life?! So it's two to three million complaints!

    Quote Originally Posted by zKaisier
    How good of a One Piece fan are you if you don't know by instinct? Who doesn't check Mangastream first? Come on.
    I actually really like the chrome extension All Mangas Reader. Don't even need to go to mangastream to check anymore.

  10. #270
    Rogue Agent Zkaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sleeping on THE LAST VΩYAGE

    Default Re: Arlong Park gets a Fishman Island upgrade

    Quote Originally Posted by wanderer-zero View Post
    I actually really like the chrome extension All Mangas Reader. Don't even need to go to mangastream to check anymore.
    Oh wow, I've gotta check that out.
    ΩMEGA PIRATES: ? Members
    Captain: Zkaiser
    Status: Dejected.
    Threat Level: Pink
    Goal: Prove the Elemental Haki Theory

  11. #271

    Default Re: Arlong Park gets a Fishman Island upgrade

    I'm not worked up. I'm hardly ever worked up.

    And I'm not going to buy your argument either. So far it's been that the News tab being the first page is more effecient to me than in the case of the index being the first page. Like I've said before, learning of new chapters and site updates through that tab has saved me the hassle of discovering those things first-hand through roaming around and discerning it, rather than being straight-up told, "Hey, this is out" or "Hey, this stuff has been added." Especially in the case of site updates because reading from the news tab saved me the scenario of, "What the fuck is a quote notification? Huh, I don't exactly get this shit? I'm going to go run and bitch about it!!1!"

    And besides anyway, we're not a search engine, we're a One Piece fansite. The majority of people that come here are drones looking for spoilers anyway so if the front page tells them when the chapter is out then that saves them their precious time of dicking around here and being useless. Nobody is going to bother checking tabs for updates because most people don't pay attention to the top of the screen most of the time and even if they do, I doubt they're going to be too worried about the corner of it. Whichever way, even when they do finally decide to hit the News button they'll already have found out all the shit going on around them first-hand and will have wasted time being dumbfounded by it.

    Which brings me to another silly thing I just realized. People come here for One Piece news... The front page provides One Piece news... So then...

    "What the hell is this? They're trying to make shit more convenient for me? THIS IS A TOTAL INCONVENIENCE."
    Last edited by Jazzy Jinx; April 14th, 2011 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Zomg, I wasted 3 seconds clicking twice but saved minutes otherwise. This is BS.

  12. #272
    Rogue Agent Zkaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sleeping on THE LAST VΩYAGE

    Default Re: Arlong Park gets a Fishman Island upgrade



    You sound like you want to be a happily fed sheep. I like working for things and don't find clicking on the News tab to be a hassle. If I wanted it. I don't though, I don't want it. Each time I go to Apforums, just like insider2000 , I type 'ap' into my awesome Chrome url bar. Then, it gives me apforums.net, not apforums.net/gobbledygook. I have never used a bookmark for this site and most of the time I'm on here it's not from a home computer. It also messes with my cell phone surfing since it doesn't display the tabs for me. So yeah, Clicking twice isn't a problem on a computer. It is on a cell phone though.
    Last edited by Zkaiser; April 14th, 2011 at 03:05 PM.
    ΩMEGA PIRATES: ? Members
    Captain: Zkaiser
    Status: Dejected.
    Threat Level: Pink
    Goal: Prove the Elemental Haki Theory

  13. #273

    Default Re: Arlong Park gets a Fishman Island upgrade

    You have some wonderful supporters, wanderer.
    Last edited by Jazzy Jinx; April 14th, 2011 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Though to be perfectly clear. That was an insult at his expense, not yours.

  14. #274
    Rogue Agent Zkaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sleeping on THE LAST VΩYAGE

    Default Re: Arlong Park gets a Fishman Island upgrade

    Last word.
    ΩMEGA PIRATES: ? Members
    Captain: Zkaiser
    Status: Dejected.
    Threat Level: Pink
    Goal: Prove the Elemental Haki Theory

  15. #275

    Default Re: Arlong Park gets a Fishman Island upgrade

    So it's more efficient to you, but it isn't for others, so why can't a change be made. My proposed change would not further inconvenience you not to mention it would create a straight line pointing people to the proper sections of the website. http://arlongpark.net would point to the news, apforums.net would point to the forums. All you would have to do is change your bookmark for apforums to arlongpark. Also for new/future users, this would show clearly what apforums.net is supposed to be, a discussion forum.

    The example of the search engine was merely an example of the role of efficiency and speed in web design. Regardless of what type of website we are, I don't see why we shouldn't want to load our pages as quickly as possible and have our layout/design be less complicated and more intuitive.

    Let me give you two scenarios:

    A: http://arlongpark.net takes you to the Wiki and has a link to http://apforums.net which is the One Piece news tab. On http://apforums.net there is a link that takes you to the actual forums.
    B: http://arlongpark.net takes you to the One Piece news tab and http://apforums.net takes you to the actual forums. Somewhere on both http://arlongpark.net and http://apforums.net there is a link to the Wiki that used to be http://arlongpark.net.

    Which one makes more sense?

    What do "drones" have to do with our discussion? If we wanted to make things as easy as possible for them we should really be directing them to mangastream's website in any case =p

    The people who are discussing the change are not coming here for the news, they're coming here for the forums and discussions. If I only came here for the news, you're right I've been actually helped(though I could argue why we should post news about spoilers too then but that's not on the table right now), but apforums was never about being a news site. It's a forum and it's fair to expect to be taken to a forum when anyone clicks their bookmark, types in the link, clicks the link through a google search or finds the link on http://apforums.net.

    EDIT: I'd like to point out I am totally handing zKaiser money under the table.
    EDIT 2: I apologize for assuming you got worked up, my fault, this is a good talk.
    Last edited by wanderer-zero; April 14th, 2011 at 03:37 PM. Reason: bribe moneys

  16. #276

    Default Re: Arlong Park gets a Fishman Island upgrade

    Quote Originally Posted by Zkaiser View Post
    You sound like you want to be a happily fed sheep.
    Great job throwing stupid political bullshit in my face over something pertaining to a children's comic.

    I like working for things and don't find clicking on the News tab to be a hassle. If I wanted it. I don't though, I don't want it. Each time I go to Apforums, just like insider2000 , I type 'ap' into my awesome Chrome url bar. Then, it gives me apforums.net, not apforums.net/gobbledygook. I have never used a bookmark for this site and most of the time I'm on here it's not from a home computer. It also messes with my cell phone surfing since it doesn't display the tabs for me. So yeah, Clicking twice isn't a problem on a computer. It is on a cell phone though.
    Hey guys, if we throw in even more front pages then maybe we can get him to stop posting altogether!

    No, but seriously... Does your cell phone not allow you to click on the banner to get to the index page? Because if it does, that sounds incredibly stupid. I'm still failing to see how inconvenienced you are considering you still manage to post a bunch of dumb bullshit regardless of all your inconveniences. Browsing on a cell phone in general is an inconvenience. It's not the site's fault, it's your stupid cell phone.

    ---

    @wanderer: I think I understand what you're saying.

    Yeah sure, I'd be fine with that.~

  17. #277
    Rogue Agent Zkaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sleeping on THE LAST VΩYAGE

    Default Re: Arlong Park gets a Fishman Island upgrade

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Kenny View Post
    Great job throwing stupid political bullshit in my face over something pertaining to a children's comic.
    I was done but wow, this has nothing to do with children's comics at all so your little quip there sounds pretty foolish It's not even politics, more like life philosophy. I never took you for such a petty person, Kenny.
    ΩMEGA PIRATES: ? Members
    Captain: Zkaiser
    Status: Dejected.
    Threat Level: Pink
    Goal: Prove the Elemental Haki Theory

  18. #278

    Default Re: Arlong Park gets a Fishman Island upgrade

    I'm all for the News page being up in front, because well, if it weren't for it, I woulda never known about the mystery OP DVD (I rarely visit the Funi section anymore), not to mention site events and happenings.

    But yeah, bookmarks.

  19. #279
    Pokémon Master brennen.exe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    The Future

    Default Re: Arlong Park gets a Fishman Island upgrade

    Let's clear some things up. First and foremost, I asked what people prefer and the immediate response was that people generally liked it and could always change their bookmark if it was a hassle. As for my preference, I know people love to skip over things like the news section and would otherwise never go there were if it were not where they landed, and then we'd get stupid questions about what certain features are, whether something can be done about this or that, etc. While the news section doesn't eliminate that problem, it certainly helps reduce it by keeping people informed and up to date with large bold headers.

    Zkaiser, you claim clicking twice is inconvenient on your phone, and yet you choose to type out the entire address everytime? Where's the logic in that? If you don't want to bookmark, how about you just memorize the forum link instead? apforums.net/forum.php. If typing is not an issue, and it apparently isn't for you, then the extra ten keystrokes should be a breeze.

    Wanderer, changing your bookmark to arlongpark.net for news is no different than someone else changing apforums.net/forum.php to their forum link. If anyone is affected, it is the phone browser people, to which I say use the mobile skin of the site when it comes out, as it should make things a ton easier to navigate with. Also, the website isn't really a news outlet so much as it was an information source like the wikia. It's a bit out of date, sure, but we are working on an upgrade for it. This also goes back to the bit above about people being lazy and generally not caring unless they are spoon fed; if people don't land on the news, they probably won't ever check it. This means that they will either miss out on new features or news, effectively wasting the staffs time for putting it there, and/or wastes additional time later when a million people ask where/what/how/why.

  20. #280

    Default Re: Arlong Park gets a Fishman Island upgrade

    Will we possible be able to get the ability to edit, or delete, messages from profiles?

Closed Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts