Closed Thread
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Arlong Park gets a Fishman Island upgrade

Default Re: Arlong Park gets a Fishman Island upgrade

Oh missed sorry and thank you

I don't know if anyone else cares or anything but could we get the apforums.net url to lead directly to the forums?
    ΩMEGA PIRATES: ? Members
    Captain: Zkaiser
    Threat Level: Pink
    Goal: Prove the Elemental Haki Theory

The struggle of having to click twice to reach the index page continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Zkaiser View Post
    I don't know if anyone else cares or anything but could we get the apforums.net url to lead directly to the forums?
    Some people have pointed out that you can set your bookmarks to http://apforums.net/forum.php if you want it to directly point to the forums.

I'm just really used to typing it in the URL (I don't even have it bookmarked) so it always throws me off. Brennen said he was willing to change it, but I think that comment has been lost to the wind.

If this seriously is going to be an issue then I'd recommend putting it up to a vote because I prefer being taken to the news page first.

I agree with Uncle Kenny. There is really no downside to this and it won`t kill anyone to just quickly click on the forum link.

I can only click my mouse a certain number of times before this bus explodes!

Taboo! Take the wheel!

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler View Post
    I agree with Uncle Kenny. There is really no downside to this and it won`t kill anyone to just quickly click on the forum link.
    The same could be said for both sides. This is a forum not a news bulletin. If I want news I'll click the News button, otherwise...

Gasp, you don't use bookmarks? You're totally missing out =X

Quote Originally Posted by Zkaiser View Post
    The same could be said for both sides. This is a forum not a news bulletin. If I want news I'll click the News button, otherwise...
    Unfortunately, those "News" are connected and important to the "Forum". Just bookmark it. The others who have complained about this one before are now satisfied with the bookmark-solution.

Putting inconveniances in your software and then relying on your users to work around is the wrong way to go, no matter how easy the work around is. I agree the forum should be the first page. AP has developed from a news page to a forum and gained the vast majority of it's usersbase that way. As nice as a news page with comments is, I think it's too late to turn around now. Maybe we could have http://arlongpark.net/ point to the News part of the forum and http://apforums.net/ points to the forum index again? We don't need two news pages right?

i likes the news page.

King of One Piece Parody Sonic Youth's Avatar

We should have a thread in the arts section where people can post ideas for a new banner, something involving Arlongs dream of having his own theme park, supposedly?
    Who exactly is Mumbo?
    It's OFFICIAL, UsoppXNami 4ever.

I'm amused because the amount of effort required to bitch about the news page even once, in the act of typing out letters and hitting the "reply" button, is equal or greater than the effort of just... clicking a tab or updating a bookmark.

I updated my bookmark the first day and its been a complete non issue. And I still end up checking the news anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by RDarren View Post
    Unfortunately, those "News" are connected and important to the "Forum". Just bookmark it. The others who have complained about this one before are now satisfied with the bookmark-solution.
    Actually the news isn't entirely important to the forum such as the news that the new chapter was out. I was thinking of this argument myself and it doesn't quite fly... there's also the news post about the new anime opening.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    I'm amused because the amount of effort required to bitch about the news page even once, in the act of typing out letters and hitting the "reply" button, is equal or greater than the effort of just... clicking a tab or updating a bookmark.
    So what if it takes more effort to complain about a feature than just to work around it? It doesn't make the feature any less redundant or bothersome as some may find it.
    Last edited by wanderer-zero; April 14th, 2011 at 09:27 AM.

If you're a One Piece fan, visiting a One Piece message board, wouldn't you want to know when the latest One Piece chapter is out?

Seems pretty useful to me.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    If you're a One Piece fan, visiting a One Piece message board, wouldn't you want to know when the latest One Piece chapter is out?

Seems pretty useful to me.
    Isn't that the point of the main Arlong Park webpage?

There's a main Arlong Park webpage?

Given by your response, wouldn't it be more logical that http://arlongpark.net/ point to the news tab and apforums.net point to http://apforums.net/forum.php then?

It's really not that hard to change those two around, just a bit of time. It'd save 2-3 people's bitching at least <_<

Closed Thread

Thread Information