View Poll Results: What old theme do you want back the most?

Voters
2147483754. You may not vote on this poll
  • Grand Line

68 0.00%
  • CP9 v2

27 0.00%
  • Thriller Bark

9 0.00%
  • NarootoeFan

2,147,483,650 100.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Skin Choice

Default Skin Choice

This is perhaps more of a question than a suggestion, but maybe it becomes both.

Is there still a way for me to select my forum skin?

I admit that this new skin is a vast improvement from the likes of Thriller Bark, but I still greatly prefer the old CP9 skin. It was very easy on my eyes. This new skin seems to clusterfuck a lot of things, most notably the stickies. It might just be because I'm colorblind and have difficulty with any shades even remotely similar to green and red. I have no clue what color the text is now. For example, the text at the bottom that says powered by <colored text> is a complete eyefuck. The brown or red or whatever on this light lavender or whatever (like I said, I am colorblind) is not so bad, but I still prefer the old settings.

"Blahblahblah adjust to change etc youll get used to it." That is probably true, but I can't help but resist change. CP9 is the skin I've used since I joined this website in 2006 and I would just prefer to keep it that way.

I also realize you guys have just finished updating everything and this might be something that you'll eventually implement, so here I am, asking the question. Will this become an option again, or if it already is, where do I change it? I tried a quick search and looked in my profile and setting tabs and found nothing. I guess maybe I'm just not looking hard enough or am just not seeing it.

Thanks.

Default Re: Skin Choice

I like the East Blue one but tbh I think I'd stick with this anyway. Makes for a change, and it came standard with the new AP Forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by sanji499 View Post
    I wonder what was Bale's reaction when the stunt double broke the imax camera?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    In the United States we don't have much manga around, specifically One Piece, and mainly the newer chapters - Jan 2011

I like this new skin about the same as the Grandline one so I have no problem.

I like this skin better than all the olds. Finally one with the entire Mugiwara.

Although I preferred the classic layout of the forum. Especially when it came to stuff like PMs (Do we have infinite PMs now?) where it would bold if you had new instead of a tiny thing. Oh well.

New skins/themes will be available in the future but they're a lot of work to set up. You'll have to make do with this for now.

I like the Fishman Island skin. The green is nice. Just needs some One Piece icons and stuff.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Thanks for the answer urouge.

Quote Originally Posted by Urouge View Post
    New skins/themes will be available in the future but they're a lot of work to set up. You'll have to make do with this for now.

Nice, I hope we get the old default one(grandline I believe) I don't if it's just that Im used to it but this one makes my eyes hurt.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru Switch: SW-7487-5553-2501

Quote Originally Posted by GetsugaZoro View Post
    Nice, I hope we get the old default one(grandline I believe) I don't if it's just that Im used to it but this one makes my eyes hurt.
    Yes.

This shit makes my eyes hurt when I look at it too long.
    この世に悪があるとすればそれは人の心だ。

This skin will get tweaked into a 2.0 version eventually. And we're trying to get facsimiles of the old ones together, and some new ones. But they're all a lot of work and there's a lot of things to do to the new site.

And in the meantime, you'll get used to it, its probably just a bit brighter than what you're used to. Try sitting a little further back away from the screen.
    Last edited by Robby; April 5th, 2011 at 11:15 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Arlong Park after the timeskip. It´s a New World alright!

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

I don't mind the skin so much as the layout is kind of weird. The previous vb was pretty functional and move economical, but I find I have to do a lot more clicks do accomplish what I could do effortlessly back then. I'll get used to it if there is no Alternative, but I'd hope there's a way to customize the features somewhere I haven't noticed to streamline things.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

Yeah, but unfortunately this is how the new VB forum is. I've gone to several forums the past few years which had this setup, and always hated it, always loved AP had a simpler more efficient setup. It was great whole it lasted...

more features, more overhead =\

I love the new skin :P And I love the green color so ~

R.I.P BFBC2
    Salute! A hero.

♥ Friendship is Rainbows ♫♪ RageaSarus's Avatar

I say don't bring the old themes back, but create new ones.

I'm sure people can get together, create new ideas and then vote on certain themes and shit.

Old themes will not be back, to be clear. I can try porting them to the current layout of vBulletin 4, but at best it will be the same color palette, icons, and banner. There will still be differences, and more than likely a perfect (or even close) match in color scheme will be difficult. Well, not difficult, but beyond the effort I am willing to give. Tell you what, I'll make a poll for it.

♥ Friendship is Rainbows ♫♪ RageaSarus's Avatar

Exactly what I said.

Besides, this is a huge update.

Let's keep the themes post-timeskip only.

I don't mind not bringing the old themes back if it's a hassle. I just hope we get darker, simpler skins.

Shipmate

Haven't used any other theme aside from Grand Line before.

Quote Originally Posted by RageaSarus View Post
    Let's keep the themes post-timeskip only.
    And if we are stuck at Fishman Island for the next to years without any updates on the surface world except for the coverstories and therefore no new material for a theme?

But I'm all for the post-timeskip only themes.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information