+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! US Deal Terminated - 4Kids Sued For Millions

Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! US Deal Terminated - 4Kids Sued For Millions

Take it from someone who seen the movie in a select theater, the dub of this one really isn't bad. They didn't censor anything actually; everything from a character dying to the cats's balls were left in. We were surprised to say the least, and some of the one-liners are hilarious and don't seem to be script changes. My personal favorite is Yusei going "Now I Syncro Summon..." "Yugi: ... Syncro what?" XD

Also, I know 4Kids has some effect on the card game because of Tyler the Great Warrior. But like it's said above, not enough to effect the release of it.

Oh wow that gets me excited actually. But I still hope theres japanese audio, just cause I love Yuya's voice so much and want an official release with HIS voice so I could treasure it. (since 5D's is over and I dont think he's gonna get a role ne where else, even tho he deserves it, like the leads before)

Edit: Another Qs. How was the Music? Was it orignal or 4Kids?
    Last edited by SonPan; April 5th, 2011 at 03:57 PM.

3DS Friend Code is 3823-8664-3087

I'm pretty sure it was 4Kids. The movie has a lot of new music in it, so it's hard to tell. But at least when they change characters (between Yugi Jaden and Yusei) they have their theme music playing in the background sometimes. It was all in good taste of the movie though.

And Jack does talk, but he only has like 4 lines in the whole movie, so you don't have to put up with it for long lol.

lollll god I cant take Jack ATLAS seriously with that Australian accent...

Quote Originally Posted by SympathyX View Post
    No, not really. I don't see why you'd bother asking for one since a superior version already exists fully in english. Fine if you prefer anime to manga but at least you have something.
    And that still doesn't make any sense. Having the manga is great, but that's like saying we wouldn't want a good English dub for One Piece because the VIZ manga is releasing the English version.

ChopperRules... haters gonna hate.

Yes, I won't respond anymore because it's useless.

Mythically Inept Inventor dan2026's Avatar

Even the card game is heavily censored in America.
    Yu-gi-oh! has been a massive mess from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by dan2026 View Post
    Whoopdidoo, we can't see the sexually edgier card art because they're censored for kids. There's hentai and such if you REALLY have to get off to a harpy lady. And I'd assume there are more explicit card games if you have some bizarre card fetish. I understand the anime hate because of 4Kids doing their usual horrendous chop job, but I never understood why people care that much about not seeing Water Omotics's tits...

Quote Originally Posted by iMustang View Post
    Also, I know 4Kids has some effect on the card game because of Tyler the Great Warrior. But like it's said above, not enough to effect the release of it.
    As for this, I always figured that was more Make-A-Wish than actually 4Kids. Yeah, MAW went to 4Kids, but I'm sure they're the reason Konami made the card. And that's one out of like 7000+ cards that 4Kids had any part of (to my knowledge)

Ohnoez !

I dont reallt care about the art getting cesored but the name changes always confused me...

I can understand the card game edits much more than the anime. The anime is aimed at a Shonen audience, but in America much younger kids will purchase the cards whether they watched the show or not.

Hell, card editing is nothing new to the west. Pokemon had several of its cards edited, such as...

-Replacing a Misty card's artwork with new art, since the old featured her nude
    -Replacing a Sabrina card's artwork with new art, since the old gave off the impression that she was flipping the bird
    -Editing a Grimer card's eyes as it was popping out from a manhole, the original had Grimer's eyes looking under a girl's skirt
    -Removing graves in the background of a Gengar card
    -Editing a Trainer card with a different symbol as the Manji symbol in the original was easily mistaken for a Nazi Swastika.

I'd say Carue was a Lucky Ducky | YouTube Page

Part Time Lurker OrangeNinjasSucks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroy View Post
    Ohnoez !

OH NO!

3DS FRIEND CODE: 0344-9293-6833

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeNinjasSucks View Post

OH NO!
    LOLLLLLLLLL omggg why have I not seen this before!!!!????
    "Oh NO!"
    "Oh YES!"
    That part almost made me laugh out loud in the library silent study lol!

Mythically Inept Inventor dan2026's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loledinmypants View Post
    Whoopdidoo, we can't see the sexually edgier card art because they're censored for kids. There's hentai and such if you REALLY have to get off to a harpy lady. And I'd assume there are more explicit card games if you have some bizarre card fetish. I understand the anime hate because of 4Kids doing their usual horrendous chop job, but I never understood why people care that much about not seeing Water Omotics's tits...
    I love the way you automatically assume I was refering to boob shots.

I was refering more to how they censor guns, religious symbols, any references to death or violence. Even so far as changing inoffensive things like 'Black Magician' to 'Dark Magician'.

But whatever, I have never played the card game, nor will I probably ever play it.
    Censorship still irks me though.

The Black Magician edit always makes me lol. It would only make sense unless he was black.

I love the way you automatically assume I was refering to boob shots.

I was refering more to how they censor guns, religious symbols, any references to death or violence. Even so far as changing inoffensive things like 'Black Magician' to 'Dark Magician'.
    I'm sorry for the assumption, but from my experience more people know of the editing away the sexually suggestive art than things like taking out cross-shaped graves in Call of the Haunted or the completely changed Tragedy art. Religion is sometimes avoided by companies marketing a product for children in order to make the product more universal and avoid issues with overreactive parents. I don't really agree with it, but it doesn't damage the card game imo. The random edits and the violence ones (because honestly they keep most of it intact but randomly change the guns to be "less threatening") have bothered me and felt 4Kids-ish, but never bothered me enough to keep me from playing. I'll agree on those kinds of edits being irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopperrules View Post
    And that still doesn't make any sense. Having the manga is great, but that's like saying we wouldn't want a good English dub for One Piece because the VIZ manga is releasing the English version.
    One Piece wasn't heavily changed for the anime though. Yes it has changes but not to Yu-gi-oh!'s degree. I don't get why you'd want to get a redub of the Yu-gi-oh! anime when the original was edited in the first place! That doesn't make any sense.

Seems a bit wierd to criticise the 4kids version for being edited when the japanese version is still a mess.
    Last edited by SympathyX; April 7th, 2011 at 05:21 AM.

XBL: SympathyX PSN: CTD-SympathyX 3DS: 0344-9267-0120
    Quote Originally Posted by tori22 View Post
    I would say that some of them do u guys are just biass because it's not from the manga. If the filler arc was in the manga then I bet u guys would love it.

So Trigun and FMA could be complete and total shitpiles of dubs and it'd be a-okay, because the anime deviates from the manga?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information