+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! US Deal Terminated - 4Kids Sued For Millions

Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! US Deal Terminated - 4Kids Sued For Millions

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeNinjasSucks View Post
    I just hope the official card game doesn't collapse as well.
    Konami handles the card game and shouldn't be hurt at all by this as it's almost completely unrelated... The card sales should do fine even without the show. Unless it's somehow dependent contractually with 4kids, which would be silly.

Part Time Lurker OrangeNinjasSucks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loledinmypants View Post
    Konami handles the card game and shouldn't be hurt at all by this as it's almost completely unrelated... The card sales should do fine even without the show. Unless it's somehow dependent contractually with 4kids, which would be silly.
    Just worried though, cause I think 4Kids was like a big sponsor to the card game with the tournaments and the movie packs promoting each other. Maybe I'm wrong. It might be a market disadvantage though if the card game is without a show on the tv. Then again there are those who still play the card game and don't even watch the current yugioh series (like me.)

3DS FRIEND CODE: 0344-9293-6833

McNeil <3! *is also Canadian*, I would also like it if YGO went to Ocean. Most of their dubs are really good (Escaflowne, Megaman, Gundams ect) and they were able to do kid shows as well. Which is why Pretty Cure has a decent dub, and still is viewable on tv.
    Edit: Will never forgive Nirvana for CCS

3DS Friend Code is 3823-8664-3087

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chopperrules View Post
    And FUNi withdrew their charges against those people.
    Since they have the power to target people, that incident didn't need any follow through, they only needed to issue a threat. But for people who consistently undermine their streaming efforts, they may be the subject of an unfortunate first time.
    Last edited by Malintex_Terek; March 30th, 2011 at 10:58 AM.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
    Since they have the power to target people, that incident didn't need any follow through, they only needed to issue a threat. But for people who consistently undermine their streaming efforts, there may be the subject of an unfortunate first time.
    Right, I think it was more scaretactics than anything. I don't necessarily agree with the method, but I do believe One Piece is fine with its weekly simulcast and they have the right to back it up.

On the other hand, if I were sued for subbing 5D's without a proper simulcast, that would be different. Both cases are illegal, but in our case with YGO, there is nothing being done for the fans that needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by SonPan View Post
    I really hope 5D's gets redubbed more than the rest since it didnt even finish and was prob the worst dub of the three... (it's ending this week!!).
    Also, with a new licence, GX's season 4 could finally be dubbed... but I really hope FUNi doesnt get in trouble for this, even though they could technically not know anything about these alligations.

Edit: Hiroy: I will admit that DM was pretty okay, only cause the voices were actually good (Dan GREEN), but seriously other than that, compared to the original it still had signifigant changes that changed the stories, and made it make no sense. But 5D's really had the worst of it...
    Loyal fans? Tell me how many of the loyal fans actually knew about these uncut dvds. I mean they werent even that good and were so rare. Plus they were so many years ago.
    Your kidding right?

Why are so many people gunning for a redub of Duel Monsters because the original was changed too much from the Japanese version?

The original Japanese version has countless stupid changes from the manga for christs sake! If you want it uncut, read the manga. It's a good translation and all of it is available from pretty much any bookstore.

XBL: SympathyX PSN: CTD-SympathyX 3DS: 0344-9267-0120
    Quote Originally Posted by tori22 View Post
    I would say that some of them do u guys are just biass because it's not from the manga. If the filler arc was in the manga then I bet u guys would love it.

Edit: Will never forgive Nirvana for CCS
    While what they did to CCS is unforgivable, I think Nelvana's changed enough that it has become a bit more trusting. As I said, the Beyblade dub is good and it does seem like Canadian companies care more now in getting a more authentic product out there compared to the bad old days of the 90s and early 00s, sort of like how we've seen Funi evolve.
    Y'know, Negima WAS awesome...
    For the first 18 volumes.

Funi aint gonna lose DBZ or one piece for that matter.4kids screwed them selves. maybe funi can take over toonzai

Quote Originally Posted by RPG KING View Post
    Funi aint gonna lose DBZ or one piece for that matter.4kids screwed them selves. maybe funi can take over toonzai

YES YES YES YES!

MAKE IT HAPPEN FUNI!

I'm ok with this.
    New World is best world.

^That could be a dream come true.
    Well I guess I'm too harsh on Nirvana. But I guess I will forgive them completely when a new dub of CCS comes out :)

Quote Originally Posted by SympathyX View Post
    Your kidding right?

Why are so many people gunning for a redub of Duel Monsters because the original was changed too much from the Japanese version?

The original Japanese version has countless stupid changes from the manga for christs sake! If you want it uncut, read the manga. It's a good translation and all of it is available from pretty much any bookstore.
    You're speaking out of your ass. As someone who translated the entire original version, I can say with absolute confidence that the original version is VERY different from the original in terms of dialogue and scenes.

Yes, many changes were made from the manga, but there were also many scenes and dialogue exactly the same. But from seeing the dub, you wouldn't know that, would you?

You're speaking out of your ass. As someone who translated the entire original version, I can say with absolute confidence that the original version is VERY different from the original in terms of dialogue and scenes.

Yes, many changes were made from the manga, but there were also many scenes and dialogue exactly the same. But from seeing the dub, you wouldn't know that, would you?
    QFT!
    Also, I'd love to read the original manga, but its just too hard to find. Any bookstore? Really I wish

QFT!
    Also, I'd love to read the original manga, but its just too hard to find. Any bookstore? Really I wish
    They're all on Amazon for relatively cheap. It's worth the read. I do love the original anime, but SympathyX was right about the anime changing many things. The manga overall is a lot better, minus some arcs handled really well in the anime. Duel Monsters filler is still quite good, though.

Whaaaaaaaaaa?

the original version is different from the original?

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?

I'm well aware about the 4kids changes to the series if thats what your getting at. I just don't see the point in asking for an "unedited" version and redub when even that has ridiculous changes from the original story.

I would say that some of them do u guys are just biass because it's not from the manga. If the filler arc was in the manga then I bet u guys would love it.

Quote Originally Posted by SympathyX View Post
    Whaaaaaaaaaa?

the original version is different from the original?

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?

I'm well aware about the 4kids changes to the series if thats what your getting at. I just don't see the point in asking for an "unedited" version and redub when even that has ridiculous changes from the original story.
    So just because the anime is different from the manga, we aren't entitled to a proper english dub?

Are you not seeing what's wrong with what you're saying?

No, not really. I don't see why you'd bother asking for one since a superior version already exists fully in english. Fine if you prefer anime to manga but at least you have something.

Part Time Lurker OrangeNinjasSucks's Avatar

Bonds Beyond Time Movie is still coming to DVD....

http://www.animemaki.net/2011/04/yu-...n-dvd-in-july/

Seems as though 4Kids still has the rights to release the movie on DVDs plus they're planning on showing the movie in UK cinemas.

3DS FRIEND CODE: 0344-9293-6833

I hope the DVD's are uncut and subbed... (even if its uncut dubbed ill be happy)

Edit: *remembers Jack's english voice* uhhhh maybe not so much...

No way. Anime's never been particularly done well with standard TV syndication. Better to keep it all on cable networks. Especially with the way censorship policies have tightened up over the years. If anything, I'd rather FUNi quit making their damn channel so obscure and difficult to get access to. I'd rather tham make their channel more accessible on cable than taking over Toonzai.

I'd say Carue was a Lucky Ducky | YouTube Page

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information