+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Come Follow Me on the Great Rock Journey

Default Re: Come Follow Me on the Great Rock Journey

it depends. At its core it's a clusterfuck, because the 00s have finally reached a point where they are pretty divorced from the people who "started" rock

it is singularly the most diverse age of music and people's influences and ideas come from all across the board, from direct precedences to shit from decades past and sometimes in combinations. Some people don't even sound like they were influenced by anything

Which reminds me, you know how you thought Modest Mouse sounded really "their own thing"? But how there were also guys like Pavement who were kind of centralized "normal" rock and roll with their own personal filter on what they think is cool? When one is like 50 years after the dawn of rock and roll, figuring out people's place in the grand scheme of things gets overcomplicated in its own Who Inspired Who cycle

Consider these guys, some of your favorite dudes in the 90s, the onset of like a new continuity and you'll be in the right frame of mind.

You're gonna be seeing computer and electronics usage at an all time apparent high btw, along with more and more guys who are just out to just be Rockin', and other guys who develop some intensely personal vision.

I hear that you and your band have sold your guitars and bought turntables.
    I hear that you and your band have sold your turntables and bought guitars.

Whimmy Wham Wham Wozzle! bountyhunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    1999 is out for anyone who's interested.
    http://rateyourmusic.com/list/Zephos...k_in_progress_
    Thank you for this. I'm a self-professed fan of rock, but my library has always been extremely limited and narrow. You have introduced me to a world I could never imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
    You're gonna be seeing computer and electronics usage at an all time apparent high btw, along with more and more guys who are just out to just be Rockin', and other guys who develop some intensely personal vision.
    Whoooo! I like the sound of that!

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by bountyhunter View Post
    Thank you for this. I'm a self-professed fan of rock, but my library has always been extremely limited and narrow. You have introduced me to a world I could never imagine.
    Much of it is also a world I didn't imagine either lol.
    Especially like stuff after 1979.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information