+ Reply to Thread
Page 641 of 643 FirstFirst ... 141 541 591 631 639 640 641 642 643 LastLast
Results 12,801 to 12,820 of 12841

Thread: Theories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread v.2

Default Re: Theories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread v.2

2 of the major kingdoms the crew visited, Alabasta and FI, had "doping" substances. FI even considered the Energy Steroids as their national treasure. Both ES and Hero Water takes away from the life of the user. One grants you strength but you'll die in a few minutes while the other makes to old if abused. What if the most potent version is at Mariejois and the national treasure Doffy wants to get his hands on? He needs the Ope-ope fruit's immortal youth to prevent the nasty side-effect or maybe even switch personalities to the next doped vessel

King And Rocks

Spoiler:

With the revelation of the Lunarian people and their ability to burst into flames, the Rocks Pirates Jolly Roger has me wondering, was Xebec D. Rocks a member of the Lunarian race? Or did he take an interest in them? The Jolly Roger representing the Rocks Pirates (and Rocks in particular) is that of a red skull that appears to be flaming. Why such imagery? With the knowledge of the Lunarian people and what they could do, that imagery can be interpreted in a curious context, one that see Rocks connected to the Lunarian people. Is this why Rocks was so interested in the secrets of the world and becoming King of it? Because he felt the status his people once held was robbed from them?

A Jolly Roger within One Piece is a representation of the crew and in particular, the Captain. The majority of the Jolly Rogerís seen in One Piece all express the appearance or theme of the Captain. The Rogerís Pirates and Whitebeard Pirates Jolly Roger reflect their Captainís mustache. The Red Hair Pirates Jolly Roger reflects the scar across Shankís left eye. The Big Mom Pirates and Beast Pirates have a Jolly Roger in the image of their Captains, The Kid, Hawkins, On Air, Bonney, Firetank, Fallen Monk, Spade, Foxy, and Barto Club Pirates Jolly Roger also represents their respective Captain. Even the Thriller Bark, Blackbeard, Heart, Doflamingo, Kuja, Sun, New Fishman, and Beautiful Pirates Jolly Rogers speak to a theme central to their Captains. With the Rocks Pirates, what is their Jolly Roger meant to convey about Rocks?

Spoiler:

Such a connection to an ancient race that conflicted with the Tenryuubito would explain how Rocks possessed the levels of knowledge he had of the Void Century and the secrets of the world. This relation could also come into play with the God Valley incident and why Rocks targeted it. Beyond painting Rocks as an antagonistic character, a connection to the Lunarian people and their history may provide a nuanced portrayal of his character in having justification for his actions but taking his approach too far in reaching the ends he desired. As for the World Government hiding knowledge of the Rocks Pirates and Xebec D. Rocks, it could be in addition to hiding what Rocks did, they also sought to hide what he is i.e. a member of the Lunarian race with the initial D. Rocks being Lunarian may also be how Linlin is familiar with the race when it appears their very presence has been erased from the records of the world Ė going by Marcoís memories of Whitebeardís drunken ramblings.

The similarities between the skull symbol King wears and the Jolly Roger of the Rocks Pirates also has my interest piqued. Sure Kingís skull symbol isnít flaming but there is a familiarity. Is there meaning behind that? Or nothing at all? Sure if could be nothing but it could also be something. Also want to note that Saldeath and his Blugori also possess skull symbols although that symbol has four teeth. Considering King is a member of the Lunarian race and a subordinate of Kaido, there may exist an intimate connection to Rocks. Is King related to Rocks and as such a member of the D clan too? How did Kaido and King meet? Did there encounter each other on Gods Valley? Does King have a face similar to Magellan's under the mask? Was King experimented on by the Marines? Why did King have a look more of wonder than shock when Momonosuke came flying through the Performance Floor in his Dragon form? There are a lot of mysteries behind King and his story as a member of the Lunarian race.

Spoiler:

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

So, there's more then one Moon in the OP world, right? If that is true, I wonder if the Sky People (Skypedians/Shandorians/Bilkans) came from the moon Enel went to and then the Lunarians came from another moon?

Seems there used to be six? But now we're ostensibly down to one, so perhaps there were only two moons at one point.

Seeing as there appear to be 3 types of Sky people, I'm wondering if the same applies to the Lunarians? Three varying devil-like types? Like types grouping together, set against those other" weirdos?

Pretty certain there was a lot of that going down amongst many of the races of the One Piece landscape.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

King's race being able to fly with their wings, plus producing fire does indicate they are different then the Sky Folk. Even if they all came form the Moon, I would have to guess, the Lunarians came from one region, and the proto-Sky Folk came from another, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghidorah Guy View Post
    In addition to all the other bad stuff I've mentioned before that'll contribute to the good guys' impending defeat, Hawkins is going to finally unveil one of those cards he hinted at earlier in the arc that could boost another's strength to power up some Beast Pirates, perhaps even draw the Fool in a non-reversed position this time to turn people against each other.

Fate is going to seemingly turn on the Strawhats shortly, so only fitting that Hawkins getting lucky with his cards would serve to paint a clear picture as to what's soon to commence.
    Addendum:

Another potential way we may see Hawkins help contribute to the good guys downfall: Kidd isn't the last of his voodoo victims; Law is the final one.

I've seen someone speculate that Killer will figure out how to cleverly work around Hakwins' powers by cutting off the arm corresponding to that which Kidd lost, thereby having no effect on Kidd and instead shifting the damage to Hawkins himself. I'm liable to believe that's exactly what could happen. Hard to say what'll happen from that point going forward, but I have a feeling we might see Hawkins shedding Kidd's voodoo doll loose in order to bait Killer or something. Cue Law getting fucked over, likely at a most inopportune moment.

Something like that.

The particulars may vary, but I think Hawkins having a Law strawdoll and Law getting hurt by proxy during the battle with Big Mom has strong chances, considering Hawkins had ample opportunity to do his thing during Law's incarceration at one point. I def don't think Law and Hawkins' feud is done by any means, so this seems a plausible way that'll keep their rivalry going. That, and Law's familiarity with Hawkins' powers may lead him to putting 2 and 2 together and rush off to track down Hawkins out of necessity, leaving Kidd to fend for himself against Big Mom. This hypothetical "betrayal" may in turn may only add further fuel to Kidd's bitterness, and set the stage for what I'm fairly certain is an upcoming backstabbing of his own directed at Luffy and Law at some later point.

On that note, I also highly believe we'll see Luffy doing something to piss Kidd off majorly at some point in the future as well over a disagreement over "fairness." Let's just say I foresee future events echoing those of the past, but with Kaido finding himself in Oden's position.

My big theory is that the Blackbeard Pirates and Moria might show up at the end of the Wano arc to kill Kaidou. Kaidou is too big a force to just beat up and let be taken to jail, he's been imprisoned and unsuccessfully executed multiple times. And I don't think Luffy, Yamato or Momo have it in themselves to kill him. I think it'd be quite poetic if Blackbeard and Moria steal the kill at the end, Moria will have his revenge and Blackbeard will get a second Yonkou head and his fruit. Blackbeard might then try and kill Luffy to take his fruit and Yamato will single-handedly hold off the Blackbeard Pirates until Luffy's crew provide backup. In that way Yamato will earn his title as Protector just like Oden, the invincible shield of the Strawhats. It'd also be a good way to set up end game pieces by squaring off the Strawhats and the Blackbeard pirates early as a teaser and Blackbeard could drop some ominous words on what happened to Sabo before running away with his crew. As to how the Blackbeard pirates got there? There are multiple ways, either carried by their massive giant, or maybe Aokiji, being a former marine, had intel on the secret route under the island which Laffitte, their flying hypnotist, could have taken advantage of.

My theory:
    Momo will eventually lose control of Onigashima and it will fall but not explode. The town will be all rubber and it will bounce back to the sky - the explosion will be key to defeating Kaido.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonke View Post
    My theory:
    Momo will eventually lose control of Onigashima and it will fall but not explode. The town will be all rubber and it will bounce back to the sky - the explosion will be key to defeating Kaido.
    Not gonna lie, that's a pretty wild theory. It'd have to be a spectacular finisher and that might be it.

I still hope that Strawhats will speed few months or even longer under Shanks protection on his island. I mean sure right now Oda is speeding up story but it would not hurt to see second timeskip where strawhats prepare for few months for final war or for storming Holy Land. Certainly Luffy can now evenly fight on par with likes of Marco but somehow I cannot see him winning fair fight with Admiral anytime soon.. And him becoming Pirate King and beating Big Mom on his own still seems abstract even with his latest power up. I dont want Luffy to become Pirate King before reaching maturity in power.

Kaido was beaten up and stabbed by several people over last few hours and Luffy thanks to luck got back to fighting him but without plot being in Luffys favor, he would be dead in Katakuri vs Luffy one arc ago. Only now he is reaching that 1st Yonko Commander combat power and there is still much more he needs to learn before he and his crew feel like real Pirate Kings crew.

So timeskip and training with Shanks is what I expect that will happen within story, few months or a year but Luffy needs to be bit grown up not to be called a boy anymore. I only can see him as adult being on top of pirate world.

Quote Originally Posted by Watch-man View Post
    I still hope that Strawhats will speed few months or even longer under Shanks protection on his island. I mean sure right now Oda is speeding up story but it would not hurt to see second timeskip where strawhats prepare for few months for final war or for storming Holy Land. Certainly Luffy can now evenly fight on par with likes of Marco but somehow I cannot see him winning fair fight with Admiral anytime soon.. And him becoming Pirate King and beating Big Mom on his own still seems abstract even with his latest power up. I dont want Luffy to become Pirate King before reaching maturity in power.

Kaido was beaten up and stabbed by several people over last few hours and Luffy thanks to luck got back to fighting him but without plot being in Luffys favor, he would be dead in Katakuri vs Luffy one arc ago. Only now he is reaching that 1st Yonko Commander combat power and there is still much more he needs to learn before he and his crew feel like real Pirate Kings crew.

So timeskip and training with Shanks is what I expect that will happen within story, few months or a year but Luffy needs to be bit grown up not to be called a boy anymore. I only can see him as adult being on top of pirate world.
    Luffy's improvement has always been exponential, though. As you said, one arc ago he was struggling against a commander, and now he's facing someone levels higher. I agree that it feels odd that a kid with 2 years of experience on the seas has already achieved what others took years to reach, but that's something we have learned to accept since, I'd say, at least Alabasta. To me this suspension of disbelief works pretty well. This isn't a literal story after all.

Also, and more interestingly, I feel like Oda manages to make huge steps when it comes to character development in a very short time, and he works it into the flow of the story seamlessly. The W7/EL conflict brilliantly renewed the Straw Hat crew as a whole. WCI gave us a new Sanji.

I don't agree with Luffy needing to grow up* -- however, I'm curious to know why you feel like the crew doesn't feel like a "PK crew". I think their synergy is already on that level. They have elite fighters and exceptional members occupying the other roles. Luffy also has an entire fleet.

I would honestly welcome a "breather arc" like the one you're suggesting, but for different reasons. Lately (although it's been years and years...) the crew itself has been placed in the backseat, yet we can all agree that the straw hats, as a group, are the heart of One Piece. I can barely connect with the other allies, be it the Minks, Samurai, Trafalgar Law or whoever.
    In any case, I don't see a training arc as necessary.

* Luffy's goal is to be the "most free man on the seas". And who incarnates this kind of freedom better than a child?

I mean that Luffys crew still feels pretty far away from being able to fight with Yonko commanders. Sure Strawhats have very docent showing right now but with for example Zoro not even knowing he has CoC to him being greatest Swordsman in One Piece it feels like there is really short time for him learning that stuff. It took Luffy way over 2 years to get from having 0 control over his CoC to fully using it so mastering skills and growing in power should imo take more time. Sure Luffy is Prodigy but if he would 1 vs 1 Admiral right now, without anyone weakening him for Luffy.. He would certainly get beaten as it is.

With Katakuri not letting Luffy get into Gear Fourth if they had a rematch, I still think that it would be very difficult fight for Luffy. Katakuri thrown away Mogura when they fought and I see it as extremely dangerous weapon if Luffy does not shield himself with CoC. What I want to say that even with Luffy and other Strawhats growing in power as they are, for example Ussop still does not feel like a match for Van Augur or Yassop, not even close.. They need time to properly grow imo and story is speeding up. Arc where Luffy is training under protection of Shanks, even if only for like half a year, would be breath of fresh air for me.

Big Mom's troops aren't simply hiding in wait in a book or hanging back at WCI. Similar to what we saw happen with Zeff, BM's probably tasked a number of them with exploiting her vast info network to track and hunt down not just Zeff but many of the Strawhats' close associates. I see a mass-scale...convergence let's call it beginning to take shape following Act 3 and a certain surprise villain turning up.

Early 2017 Old. Should have posted this when I first joined. Oro J dead, so a small amount of the theories can't be found.

Sanji and The Uzumakis

The first part of this theory will be Sanji’s Kenbunshoku ability’s connection to the Uzumaki Clan’s abilities. This will lead into my theory of Sanji’s special Kenbunshoku haki that maybe unique to him.

The second part will be the connection between the Vinsmokes and the Uzumaki manga by Juji Ito. This will allow me to point out similarities that can possibly highlight the Vinsmoke’s background.

Uzumaki Connection 1 - Uzumaki Clan Ability

While there are those who can sense chakra, the Uzumakis sensed the "feelings and intent" via chakra.

It happened with Kisame after Naruto met his mother and beat Kurama. Naruto could sense Kisame’s killer intent.

Karin from Naruto was an Uzumaki as well. She was a sensory type ninja. She could detect and sense others through their chakra. She was also able to detect their feelings and emotions via their chakra. There was a moment when she could sense Sasuke’s evil intentions, while fighting Danzo. She was in love with Sasuke and could feel his change.

Sanji’s Kenbunshoku Haki Specialty

Sanji has been shown to have decent Kenbunshoku haki. I think that Sanji's Kenbunshoku is like the Uzumaki's sensory type abilities. There have been instances where Sanji has sensed “feelings and intent”. This isn’t a usual CoO ability. CoO is just awareness. Being aware of things without seeing them with your eyes, physically.

We see that Usopp could see auras of Law, Luffy, and Sugar. It was from a ridiculously far distance.

Sanji could seek out Kinemon’s torso in dark sea water.

Movements can be predicted.

So that is standard CoO. What I think Sanji has mastered is being able to sense “feelings and intent”.

It can be killer intent from Katakuri. Katakuri tried to shoot Sanji and got a direct glare in return. You could see Katakuri with his staff being looked at as the perpetrator by Sanji. This is very like Naruto sensing Kisame’s killer intent while hiding he was hiding in Samehada. Most sensor type ninjas couldn’t detect him, but Naruto did. This was because he could feel the killer intent.

Hidden feelings from Viola and Puddin. Viola was hiding her true feelings while attacking Sanji. Sanji could see through the actions and be aware of her feelings. Puddin could carry out evil deeds and Sanji saw her eye, up close, and was able to call it beautiful. This guy who watched his sister get disrespected and harmed, found her beautiful while his life was in danger. I think he also felt her hidden feelings.

Feelings from Tashigi while feeling helpless against Tashigi. From so far away, Sanji sensed Tashigi’s despair. This was a feeling that Tashigi felt strongly about. She was fighting against someone she considered an ally at once.

Puddin, Tashigi, and Viola can also be said to have an analogous situation to Sanji. Doffy, Linlin, and Vergo are people who caused these 3, emotional abuse. Sanji has the same relationship with Judge, who has emotionally harmed him multiple times.

This might or might not be connected to Sanji’s special Kenbunshoku Haki, but Sanji was able to see the goodness in Duval. This has been a theme for Sanji. The philosophy behind Cosmetology is seeing beauty behind the physical and bringing an individual’s beauty out by treating them, physically. Seeing the true feelings behind the physical. This was before time skip, where Sanji’s kicks changed the structure of Duval’s looks. This fixed his issue where he looked like Sanji. That was his root for his hatred for Sanji. Sanji seen through that and “corrected it”. In real life, there’s a saying, “you look good, you feel good”. People usually go to do surgery on themselves or go to cosmetologist to for care. I think that Sanji could see behind Duval’s face, even though he was pissed at the bounty pick, and see someone suffering.

I will go as far as to say that Katakuri covers his mouth for a reason. A reason that is known to almost nobody. This a reoccurring theme among some of Linlin’s children. Cracker had a weakness that isn’t largely known and he revealed it. It is a low tolerance for pain. Puddin hid her third eye. I think that if Sanji fights

Katakuri, this mystery might be uncovered and Sanji will give him the Duval treatment. This would further prove the underlying feelings theme that I’ve been getting at.

The purpose of this ability would go well with 1 of the characteristics of Sanji. That is how considerate he is. He is very considerate from his back story where he took his mother food and tried to learn how to cook, to surviving with Zeff and how Zeff left a great impression on him. The impression was to care for others.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Couldn't fit all the characters. Continued
    Uzumaki Connection 2
    Uzamaki by Junji Ito

I've been reading Uzumaki by Junji Ito recently. It is a great horror manga from the 90s. The spiral patterns in it and the curse in the town is connected. People in the story are obsessed with the spiral patterns all over the city, once they drink the water of Kurozu-cho that is going around. It is everywhere from the sky to the lakes and buildings. The obsession leads them into transforming, and at times, dying. I will go through some moments from this 20-chapter manga, and then state each individual moment’s importance to the Vinsmoke’s possible background.

There was boy who got picked on at school who had the spiral pattern on his back. This pattern grew and he ended up becoming like a snail monster. It is also revealed that many of the snails in town used to be human. The boy was picked on by a bully. This bully was seen drinking water at the school before turning into a snail. They mated and escaped a fence that they were kept in. They left a fluid trail. There were Mollusks everywhere in the hills the snails escaped to. Mollusk are snail children.

The protagonist, Kirie, had spiral patterns in her hair and had to cut it because it kept going wild and causing chaos. It even battled another girl’s hair. It was hard to trim because it would fight back.

The spiral curse has also transformed some of the people. There was a couple that were in love. They ended up transforming. Their bodies started twisting and extending.

There was a character that killed himself due to his obsession with Kirie. He ended up with a spiral spring in his body and bounced around like Bellamy.

Vinsmokes and Germa Army

I think that using these examples, I can answer some mysteries about Germa and the Vinsmokes.

What is Bio Culture Liquid?

The clones are shown to be created in a lab. They are in tubes and surrounded by “bio culture liquid”. I think that clones are like the Mollusk from the Uzumaki manga. The “fluid” possibly comes from the Snails that Germa like to use so often. They use snails to travel. I think the fluid from snails help the growth of the clones. We can see the massive size of the snails when seen carrying the kingdom. I think that some of the snails are also mutated clones. The snail usage in the One Piece world has possibly been due to the Germa. We’ve seen them being used to communicate, record, and travel. I think that Snails are a primary use of Germa’s experiments. The M in “MB”, “MST”, and “MH” might mean Mollusk. The B, ST, and H might pertain to certain character’s DNA that were used for the specific type of soldier.

Transformations and Spiral Pattern of the Vinsmokes

There have been many great theories about Kamen Riders and insects being the basis of any mutation of the Vinsmokes. These are dope, but I think that I can add other possibilities to compliment them.

The Vinsmoke children have been shown to have spiral eye brows. I think when these eye brows extend, they spiral even more and is part of each child’s transformation.

The possibilities of their monster like features and transformations

Hair growing out of control. I think that the Vinsmoke’s hair curl in a spiral pattern. I could see Inazuma attempting to cut Sanji’s hair and having trouble. Inazuma was said to almost be given the crab zoan fruit, but that was changed.

- Bones spiraling and body as well

- Tung spiraling

- Shells and wings

In conclusion

Sanji has a special Kenbunshoku Haki ability to sense feelings and intent. It is very similar to the Uzumaki Clan’s sensory ability. Sanji is said to almost even be named Naruto at one point. His eye brows even spiral like the Uzumaki clan symbol.

The Vinsmoke’s eyebrows might spiral even more then they already do before transforming into snail monster type creatures with insect related abilities.

Germa makes use of their snail’s fluids (bio culture liquid) to help their clone’s growth rate.

Oh my. ...

The Strawhat Grand Fleet, and maybe Bellamy , will fight off the Big Mom Pirates and WG ships since each division captain has Luffy's vivre card.
    Bounty: 382M Quirks: High Places | Garchu
    Roles: Ship Guard | Ship's Cat | Lookout
    Clues: Ch 175 | Statue | Foxy Flag | Paw DF
    Dreams: Travel w/ PK | The Dawn
    Survival: Moon Resurrection | Will of P

Random thought after a reread. I'm currently in Enis Lobby. Is Monster Point of Chopper the hito hito fruits awakend form? Was Chopper the very first awakend ability shown in the series?

Lurking since 2007... Nidhoeggr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldSnake View Post
    Random thought after a reread. I'm currently in Enis Lobby. Is Monster Point of Chopper the hito hito fruits awakend form? Was Chopper the very first awakend ability shown in the series?
    Kaido better awaken his df sooner rather than later so we may get a closer look at what awakening actually does for Zoans. But yes, I think rumble balls force an awakening.
    Last edited by Nidhoeggr; November 14th, 2021 at 11:50 AM.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

Quote Originally Posted by OldSnake View Post
    Many fans have speculated that Crocodile's fruit was already awakened during the Alabasta arc.

So I think that Laws Injection Shot attack is actually stab that has only name related to medicine and is in fact stabbing attack infused with Ryuo where he stabs person "injecting Ryuo version of CoA" into the stab. If it would be only his devil fruit power at work it would not go through Kaidos haki when Law stabbed his neck. Law himself said that he cannot move Big Mom and Kaido around with his ability because of their haki.

Also Law created once a haki dome around himself like Admirals did shielding execution platform from Whitebeards quake attack during Marineford, but smaller.

When Fujitira dropped meteorite on Green Bit on Law and Doflamingos head all 3 of them where standing on "Tiny ground islands" while area around them was completely destroyed by blast from meteorite falling.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information