+ Reply to Thread
Page 640 of 642 FirstFirst ... 140 540 590 630 638 639 640 641 642 LastLast
Results 12,781 to 12,800 of 12835

Thread: Theories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread v.2

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Default Re: Theories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread v.2

I'm assuming had Garp became an admiral he'd be the "Gray Dog" or "Black Dog".

Also what about Coby? He's not a rat. Doubtful to be a dragon, so horse?
    Last edited by Zik; August 25th, 2021 at 05:43 PM.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

I could see Garp being Silver Dog/Monkey to pair with Gold Goat.

According to Visual Dictionary, Coby resembles a dolphin. It doesn't fit the zodiac so would he break the mold? Pink Dolphin...

Actually the colors of the codename seem to be determined by the main color of their attires. Garp and Koby seem to wear typical Marine colors. And I don't think they have identified with a particular color???

If sticking to the zodiac animals, in particular the open slots, then I would also lean horse for Coby, though a dragon is feasible IMO. But I think he will take one of the already taken monikers...maybe Dog since he trained under Garp and seems destined to clash with Red Dog.
    Bounty: 382M Quirks: High Places | Garchu
    Roles: Ship Guard | Ship's Cat | Lookout
    Clues: Ch 175 | Statue | Foxy Flag | Paw DF
    Dreams: Travel w/ PK | The Dawn
    Survival: Moon Resurrection | Will of P

Nami said in order for a current to be downwelling, the water has to be cold and heavy (604). The Winter Island influenced this.

Kiku said Kaido is viewed as the deity that protects Wano (921).

Kaido said Yamato's DF is the guardian spirit of Wano. He wants Yamato to be it's guardian deity.

Conclusion - Whoever held Kaido and Yamato's DFs however long ago, is the reason why the entrance is like that. Momo and Yamato will use their abilities to change the weather and river entrance's current condition so Wano's borders are open.

BEST! BREAST!! CON-TEST!!! dirt monkey AL's Avatar

after recent chapter fun stuff, I might as well slap this in here seeing as we're getting answers about characters and I haven't seen this even years after I first thought of it

Bellemere didn't lie about finding Nami and Nojiko under a bridge.

Tequila Wolf is in the East Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

With Zoro out of commission, Luffy most surely will lose the Davy Back Fight against Shanks on Elbaf. Shanks needed to take his hat back — alongside Luffy’s Jolly Roger and Nico Robin. Bellamy will probably be killed by Shanks.

Dr. Vegapunk is actually a dumbass. He's the public face of a two-man team, with Kizaru operating behind the scenes as the real genius of the partnership. However, Kizaru's scientific expertise is limited to practical application and technical know-how; he relies almost exclusively on Vegapunk's savant creativity and imagination to provide the inspiration for the bulk of his discoveries and achievements. Vegapunk is Kizaru's muse of sorts, supplying him with original, novel ideas to build upon.

For example, the concept of zoan-infused objects? Inspired by one of Vegapunk's goofy sketches or some offhand idle chatter.

Wouldn't it be neat if you could get a _____ to eat a zoan fruit? :D

....Eureeka! *insert image of lightbulb blinking above Kizaru's head*

If the CDS were replacing anyone, it was probably the D that were letting the different races from the moon and wherever else live with them. Now the CDs can say who comes and goes on the Red Line after they take it over with the help of some traitor. Tontatta Granpa said the Donquixote beef goes back 900 years. Maybe there's a race for every "House"/CD fam. The Elders and Im represent the families that lead the charge. Lunarians, Giants etc got the boot or were dwindled down through the years.

Quote Originally Posted by gyuukarubi View Post
    With Zoro out of commission, Luffy most surely will lose the Davy Back Fight against Shanks on Elbaf. Shanks needed to take his hat back — alongside Luffy’s Jolly Roger and Nico Robin. Bellamy will probably be killed by Shanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghidorah Guy View Post
    Dr. Vegapunk is actually a dumbass. He's the public face of a two-man team, with Kizaru operating behind the scenes as the real genius of the partnership. However, Kizaru's scientific expertise is limited to practical application and technical know-how; he relies almost exclusively on Vegapunk's savant creativity and imagination to provide the inspiration for the bulk of his discoveries and achievements. Vegapunk is Kizaru's muse of sorts, supplying him with original, novel ideas to build upon.

For example, the concept of zoan-infused objects? Inspired by one of Vegapunk's goofy sketches or some offhand idle chatter.

Wouldn't it be neat if you could get a _____ to eat a zoan fruit? :D

....Eureeka! *insert image of lightbulb blinking above Kizaru's head*
    LOL

Both of these theories seem like they'd fit better in the dumb predictions thread.

No offense.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

What if the pirate crew that attacked Rumbar Pirates with poisoned arrows 50 years ago was Rocks' one?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Rich View Post
    The Marine Admirals have been codenamed based off the Chinese zodiac with relation to the story of Momotaro and designed from older Japanese actors. There includes two Vice Admirals that share the same themes minus the connection to the Momotaro story, as far as I know.

Akainu (Red Dog): Bunta Sugawara
    Kizaru (Yellow Monkey): Kunie Tanaka
    Fujitora ("Purple" Tiger): Shintaro Katsu
    Ryokugyu (Green Bull): Yoshio Harada; not confirmed but most likely
    Aokiji (Blue Pheasant): Yusaku Matsuda
    Momousagi (Pink Rabbit): Michiyo Kogure
    Chaton (Brown Pig): Kiyoshi Atsumi

After seeing this, there are still open slots for animals and colors. Now, not all representatives will be based off Japanese actors. Two spots can be filled by current Marines.

Kinyagi (Gold Goat): Sengoku
    Shirohebi (White Serpent) or Shiromamushi (White Viper): Smoker

That leaves dragon, horse, and rat unfilled of the Zodiac animals. All primary and secondary colors have been used except orange. Black, gray, and silver are other colors that may fit. For the theory's sake, assume Dragon was an ex-Marine.

Kuroryu (Black Dragon): Monkey D Dragon

So if Oda does decide to expand then the choices could be:

Daidainezu or Daidaiuma (Orange Rat | Horse)
    Hainezu or Haiuma (Gray Rat | Horse)
    Ginnezu or Ginuma (Silver Rat | Horse)

The Japanese actors that may fit include Ken Takakura, Sonny Chiba, and Toshiro Mifune.
    I am gonna guess if Zephyr's existence as mid-canon despite the film (information revealed into his Volume 1000 were also referred to in Kuzan's Vivre Card, as his joining age) would make him fit into as the Black Horse or something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    Carrot sneaked on the Sunny when they left Zou, not asking or requesting anyone. IF Carrot is going to join, I expect something like that, with the crew ready to leave Wano, all of them beginning to party for new nakama Yamato and then "wha-t?! Carrot is near Luffy

Crackpot theory

King Queen and Jack have/had an older brother, coulda been a member of the Rocks pirates, a good deal older than the other three brothers that would eventually grow up to lead Kaido's army

Anyways Roger was good friends with this character and told Rouge to name their child after him.
    May Your Days Be Filled With Wild 'n' Waxy Wahoolazuma!

Quote Originally Posted by 2xN View Post
    Crackpot theory

King Queen and Jack have/had an older brother, coulda been a member of the Rocks pirates, a good deal older than the other three brothers that would eventually grow up to lead Kaido's army

Anyways Roger was good friends with this character and told Rouge to name their child after him.
    Since when are those three related to have an an older brother? Or do you mean in the "big bro" sense?

Another way to explain Ace's name and why Kaido doesn't have an "Ace" in his card name themed crew is always welcome though.
    Last.fm

Shakki isn't simply a former Rocks Pirate; she's also formerly the World's Greatest Swordsman. Or World's Greatest Swordswoman, at the very least, with Rayleigh either being a co-holder of the Title or an equal male counterpart.

Oda's soon going to unveil a big showcase on Girl Power coming up, with heavy focus being shone on many prolific female figures, past and present. His supposed "misogynistic" attitude was simply a very calculated, long-term masterstroke of misdirection intended to throw people off from the many surprises to come.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hiyori is no wallflower; she's secretly a certified badass with an agenda all her own, which will play out very soon when she ultimately seemingly betrays the good guys. More to the point, she's a very capable combatant in her own right, as hinted by her walloping Orochi.

1) Not only did this childhood tomboy secretly spy on her dad and the other Scabbards' sword training, it'll be revealed she also underwent direct training from not just Kawamatsu but Denjiro as well.

2) Behold yet another mythological zoan, one that not only grants her the power to manipulate corpses, but also grants her nine lives, a counter of sorts to Orochi's own Hydra-like abilities: Mythological Neko Neko Model: Nekomata, the two-tailed cat yokai of Japanese lore.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zoro is going to lose Enma. He's going to instead have to settle for Oden's other sword, which works in the opposite away: it will simply refuse to allow the wielder to infuse it with haki.

Pluton isn't just buried underneath Alabasta; in a way, Alabasta is Pluton, as in Pluton being an island ship similar to Thriller Bark, albeit decked out with far greater tech. In fact, both Iceburg and Frankly may've clued us in as to Pluton's true nature based off their respective ventures. Ideas can be infectious, and difficult to put out of mind once they take root afterall...I believe that both Iceburg and Franky, subconsciously or otherwise, each took inspiration from glimpsing Pluton's blueprints, applying some aspect of its design to their works, ie Iceburg's goal to turn Water 7 into a floating island, and Franky's docking system and other transformation tech.

Bad news for Vivi and friends: Alabasta itself is getting hijacked and coming along for the ride.

Very soon, worldwide panic will set in, and the WG will be given severe cause to worry: a number of key islands and locations are going to start up and vanishing. Turns out Oars ain't the only "continent puller" out there, as some as-yet unknown party/parties is out there absconding with islands. Included among the missing? Impel Down, currently housing not only Doflamingo and his crew, but probably Hancock soon enough.

The culprit? A returning Shiki, mastermind behind a resurgent Rocks Pirate Crew. Worse still, he's been gathering discontented nations under his flag under the pretense of mounting a Revolution in the name of freedom against the WG, with Wano to serve as the centerpiece ( kinda like....Mariejoise ) of this Red Dawn...literally. Many of the aforementioned missing islands and rebel nations are going to be moved to flanking positions around the greater landmass of Wano, forming a pattern much like that of the sun symbols strewn throughout the One Piece landscape.

Sun good, Moon bad? Not quite.

Blackbeard himself is likely a direct descendant of Joyboy. At the very least, he'll be teased as being the shocking true "reincarnation" of Joyboy, as he will in his own way fulfill the ancient prophecies by opening Wano's borders...in most literal fashion. He's either going to blow apart the volcanic rockwall surrounding the Wano mainland or trigger a volcanic eruption that will inevitably threaten to bring everything crashing down. Yes, Wano is located in the caldera of a volcano.

That giant skull? Belonged to a massive figure who long ago preceded Oden's iconic death by holding up all of "Wano" in the midst of a lava flow. That giant sword located on Onigashima? It was used to provide the merciful killing stroke, similar to Kaido's own coup de grace on Oden or the mercy often bestowed by a second during the ritual seppuku ceremony.

This is how Kaido will eventually meet his dramatic end after a dramatic series of events, and in a way achieve his own much sought-after glorious death and perhaps some small bit of redemption...by saving the life of Luffy, Momo, or perhaps even all of Wano in some final sacrificial act. The one to provide the final merciful killing stroke? Zoro.

Any one else think that volumes 99, 100 & 101 have shared title as they also share art work?
    "In mad world, only the mad are sane."

Quote Originally Posted by Ghidorah Guy View Post
    Shakki isn't simply a former Rocks Pirate; she's also formerly the World's Greatest Swordsman. Or World's Greatest Swordswoman, at the very least, with Rayleigh either being a co-holder of the Title or an equal male counterpart.

Oda's soon going to unveil a big showcase on Girl Power coming up, with heavy focus being shone on many prolific female figures, past and present. His supposed "misogynistic" attitude was simply a very calculated, long-term masterstroke of misdirection intended to throw people off from the many surprises to come.

So Kuina's dad is the mysoginistic one for not telling her about the world's greatest swordswoman?
    Last.fm

That weird feeling Sanji is having is his conqueror's haki about to be unleashed.
    Last.fm

Momo will use ame no habakiri at least once against kaido and use a cut technique called sunnachi

When we caught a glimpse of Vegapunk's lab back during Punk Hazzard, there appeared to be a shattered container opposite the one where Momo discovered the artificial dragon fruit. It's a fair assumption that another of Vegapunk's artificial devil fruits once resided there, and one of presumably similar value to Momo's.

Seeing as Vegapunk not only worked on artificial dragons and dragon-based fruits, and given the Numbers' connection to Punk Hazard, I speculate Vegapunk may have likewise been working on similar research with respect to Ancient Giants. In other words, my theory is that Vegapunk succeeded in creating a successful artificial Ancient Giant devil fruit, or at least one on the same level as Momo's, barring any future wrinkles being revealed.

That'd leaves us with an intriguing question: who made off with it?

Bonus rampant speculation: the immediate assumption is that Vegapunk likely would've derived the Ancient Giant lineage factor from the specimen whose skull we glimpsed. But with the recent confirmation concerning Kaido's race, and the taking into account the possibility the Oni carry the blood of Ancient Giants, a crazy thought emerges: what if Vegapunk took advantage and double dipped into his lineage factor to likewise fuel his Ancient Giant experiments....and succeed in creating something akin to an artificial KAIDO devil fruit? :V

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Kaido: The Blood Of Oni

Spoiler:

Kaido/Yamato being confirmed to have the blood of Oni/Ogres is actually a huge development and one I have been waiting on confirmation for. And I still believe that the Ancient Giant tribe – which has not yet been named – are the Oni/Ogres Kaido mentions. Yes, the Ancient Giant tribe are Oni/Ogres.

Not only does Kaido bear a striking resemblance to the Ancients Giants we have seen so far in the manga who also resemble Oni/Ogres – Oars and Little Oars Jr (minus the size) – but he is also associated with Punk Hazard which is in turn linked to the story of Ancient Giants. Beyond the experiments conducted on the Numbers, Punk Hazard also contains other elements connecting it to the Ancient Giants; the larger-than-a-giant-skull with horns and the irregular warning symbol at the entrance of Punk Hazard. When this is taken together with the belief that Ancient Giants are Oni/Ogres, it makes complete sense why the Marines would take an immense interest in Kaido and the research into his Bloodline Element.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Syphin View Post
    I do not believe Kaido had Ancient Giant DNA injected into him while being experimented on but rather I believe Kaido was linked to the Ancient Giants from birth through his blood - Kaido’s younger self silhouette from his Rocks Pirates days showed him with Ancient Giant-type horns at that time. Kaido could be a very unique variant of the Ancient Giant or only part Ancient Giant
    As for Yamato's design, I also find it appealing. Personally, I would have preferred if Yamato had a more monstrous/non-human design (like Monet whose design I love). But with Oda teasing the readers to a potential transformation from Yamato, I really do wonder if Oda has a more beastly design for Yamato already planned. I also look forward to Big Mom's meeting with Yamato. They haven't met yet but when she meets Yamato, will Yamato's appearance and unique race (part Ancient Giant? Oni?) appeal to Big Mom's fascination such as with the non-human Straw Hat Pirate members (Brook, Jinbe, Chopper, Franky).
    And this is not even touching on the race Yamato belongs to. At this point it is obvious Yamato is not just a normal human. They have some connection to the Ancient Giants. Yamato may have part Ancient Giant DNA in them.

When you realise the coming arcs involve Elbaf and Vegapunk, it leaves the door massively open for further story to be developed on any Ancient Giants/Giants in general and the experiments the World Government may have done on them or with their DNA either pre-Vegapunk and after employing him. If Yamato is really related to the Ancient Giants, their relevance to the story of Giants and Vegapunk could be substantial.
    @Solid.
    Yeah you are right, it is presumptuous of me to rest on Yamato being part Ancient Giant at this point in time.

Still, Kaido purchasing the failed Artificially Produced Ancient Giants from Punk Hazard and keeping them part of his organisation for 20+ years does make me believe that there is something connected between the two.

I don't believe Oda just introduced the Numbers to gauge the crews development from Thriller Bark as I believe the Pacifista thrashing post time-skip served to convey the crews power-up adequately.

Wano potentially being an Island constructed of many different Islands pulled together by Ancient Giants and Onigashima Island having a Giant Skull and Blade does also leaves me curious.

If Kaido were to be revealed to be part Ancient Giant (and by extension Yamato), it would make sense.
    I'm quite fascinated to learn about Kaido and Yamato's blood and what their connection to Ancients Giants are.

Too many crumbs leading to the Ancient Giants and Giants in general have been left for it to be mere coincidence. Numbers, Kaido, the Beast Pirate motif, Wano Kuni Island structure, Onigashima and the massive sword left there, that giant Kuri Castle Gate, the giant gondola at Mogura Port which can fit all 10 Numbers. With only around half a decade of story left, this arc (which may have a year left of story) seems like a good time to reveal more information about the Ancient Giants which appear to be an important factor for the Marines and the research their scientist have conducted during the years.

If Elbaf is connected to the Sky Islands via its massive tree, then there are two potential arcs that may involve further focus on the Ancients Giants - Elbaf and Vegapunk. The Marines and/or Vegapunk studied Giants, Ancient Giants and likely even Kaido when he was captured. Such plot threads are leading somewhere and if Kaido is defeated in this arc (and captured), the story of his blood may become one carried on by his child, Yamato.

Would be amusing and quite interesting if Elbaf provides Wano with the wood they use to build the towns/cities/stuff with via trade.
    Kaido is likely connected to the Ancient Giants and by extension, so is Yamato. If Kaido is defeated within this arc and taken out of the story focus, it will be Yamato who will drive this mystery if there is in fact a connection between the Ancients Giants and Kaido and Yamato.

If one looks, there is an immense amount of potential existing in Yamato. I have mentioned several since his introduction. And others have too.
    I believe the Numbers are the failed experiments created by Vegapunk (we do know he attempted Gigantification and failed - thanks Caesar for reminding us). The suspcious naming choices of the Numbers and Dragon Number Thirteen makes me suspect they are connected. Sure a Tenryuubito did name the Dragon on Punk Hazard but it was the name Oda attached to the Dragon. Number 1-10 for the Ancient Giant experiments and numbers above that for his future experiments which also involve the Dragons he created.

Anyway, yeah I'm interested in the One Piece Giants. They have constantly been a plot thread in the story since Little Garden and been positioned as relevant players within the story throughout the Grand Line - Enies Lobby, Thriller Bark, Battle of Marineford, Punk Hazard, Dressrosa, Big Mom's desires, Kaido's Army, Wano Kuni, the World Government, Noah the "Ship of Promise", the Giant Straw Hat, "that World Tree", one of Usopp's dream, Vegapunk, Caesar, the Will of D (Jaguar D Saul), Skypiea, etc.

I expect Elbaf to be a major story arc that could also extend into a Sky Island (or several), so any character attached to the history/story of Giants can benefit from it as it would increase the relevance they have in that arc and in the overall One Piece story. Urouge seems set to be a major supporting character within the Elbaf Arc.
    Kaido’s Lineage Factor/Bloodline Element has become a substantial aspect to the research conducted by Vegapunk and the Marine Scientists. The CP-0 have already confirmed that when Kaido was captured by the Marines he was experimented on with his Bloodline Element being used by Vegapunk to create the Artificial Devil Fruit that Momonosuke has consumed. Beyond the Artificial Devil Fruit there are also connections with Kaido’s Bloodline Element being used to experiment on the Numbers. The connections they share with Kaido are too substantial to ignore as separate. Additionally, the Dragons Vegapunk developed also appear to be based on his research into Kaido’s Bloodline Element. Further, there may have been other subjects that were used in the research into Kaido’s Bloodline Element, specifically, the Jailer Beasts of Impel Down. The blood Kaido possess has become an incredibly valuable component in the Marines research in creating “weapons” that can strengthen their forces and I find myself curious as to how else the Marine Scientists (and Vegapunk) have weaponized Kaido’s Bloodline Element. Will Kaido’s blood and ancestry become a core story thread going forward as the secrets of the past hidden away by the World Government are uncovered?

The reasoning for why I believe Kaido’s Bloodline Element was used in the experimentation of the “Numbers” is because of the shared characteristics they have with Kaido and the interest Kaido took in them. The Numbers have displayed certain features and tendencies similar to Kaido (oni-features), mainly the horns and the love for alcohol. Kaido and the Numbers also share in the use of the same type of weapon – kanabō. Kaido could have realised the connection he had with the Numbers when they went up for sale on the black market and consequently purchased them as Big Mom mentioned.

In addition, the Dragons Vegapunk created to serve as guards of Punk Hazard (Dragon Number Thirteen and Small Dragon) are likely also based off his research into Kaido’s Bloodline Element. The naming convention of the Numbers and Dragon Number Thirteen suggest some connection regardless of the Dragon being named by a Tenryuubito. The reason the Dragons survived the Shinokuni poison from four years ago when Caesar activated his weapon and the battle between Sakazuki and Kuzan could be the result of having Kaido’s Bloodline Element. In addition to the thick skin, the flame breath could also have been the result of Kaido’s blood.

Turning to the Jailer Beast, what makes me believe they are related to Kaido? There isn’t anything definitive but rather an interpretation framed by reading between the lines. Something was clearly odd with the Jailer Beast when they were featured during the Impel Down Arc. Not only were their humans forms not revealed but their exact Devil Fruits were also kept a mystery not to mention the absence of speech. The Jailer Beasts may have been the initial attempts by the Marine Scientists at utilising Kaido’s Bloodline Element to enhance a soldier. Could Kaido’s blood have brought the Jailer Beast to a sort-of awakening Zoan state? Was this the original intent of the experiments on the Jailer Beast? The side-effects of such experiments could have rendered the Jailer Beast unable to shift back into human form and the loss of speech. The scene where Kaido viciously beats Yamato while he is on the ground in chapter 1025 reminded me of Minotaurus beating Jinbe while he was imprisoned in Impel Down. It could be a coincidence but when you also take into account the club and spike weaponry the Jailer Beast use and their “fish” lips (as a result of the Uo Uo no Mi?), one does wonder if there really is no connection between Kaido and the Jailer Beasts.

I believe the Marines took interest in Kaido beyond just his Mythical Zoan Dragon Devi Fruit. It was Kaido's blood that also interested them. The research they have conducted in Ancient Giants appears to be based around their research into Kaido's Bloodline Element and the data extracted. Such a possibility leads me believe that Oni/Ogres are Ancient Giants. And if this is the case, the relevance Yamato could have in the upcoming Elbaf and Vegapunk stories would be major.

Edit: Kaido's dialogue to Yamato (his disdain for humans) also implies that Yamato's mother was likely not human.

I have an old theory that Yamato's mother was the same race as King, so I wonder if that will pan out O.o.
    Last edited by Syphin; September 15th, 2021 at 06:55 AM.

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

I strongly believe Weevil actually is....something....akin to an erzatz "copy" of Whitebeard, and likely not the first or last we'll be seeing. So I wouldn't be surprised if the Jailer Beasts did turn out to be some kinda imperfect Kaido clones.

What with the general theories surrounding the SSG being some kinda Shichibukai clones, the Germa, the Pacifistas...Clone Wars probably coming to One Piece, I've no doubt in my mind.

On a related note, it makes me wonder if that's the reason why the SSG went after Lola and Chiffon: to harvest some of Big Mom's own lineage factor from some unguarded kin.

Also, straight up, I'm fully expecting a Luffy clone, or at least one that that looks very similar to him, popping up as well. Not only will it likely fit the embellished descriptions in the funny papers, I have a feeling it'll be this guy who'll be responsible for Fishman Island. Undecided on the latter front, but I'm fairly sure a Luffy doppelganger is coming; possibly Ace as well.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Edit: Kaido's dialogue to Yamato (his disdain for humans) also implies that Yamato's mother was likely not human.

I have an old theory that Yamato's mother was the same race as King, so I wonder if that will pan out O.o.
    This one's gonna get a volley of rotten veggies thrown at me, but I suspect Yamato is some secret lovechild a scheming Toki had with Kaido sometime prior to meeting Oden, to help further along along some long-term agenda.

That and Toki herself isn't actually human ( or fully anyways ); she may actually be a mermaid, perhaps even a direct relative of Joyboy's...and by extension making Yamato, Hiyori, and Momo very close bloodkin to Joyboy as well, possibly setting them up as possible candidates for the role of "Joyboy."

I happen to think Joyboy himself was most likely some kinda Ancient Giant or oni to some extent, so it'd only further heighten the irony here, so far as Momo's link to Kaido goes. Which would be no accident here, as we're seeing a general theme of opposing forces taking on each other's characteristics, blending into one another, gradually taking shape and growing ever more prevalent.

If not, I could also see her being some kind of Lunarian or other moon-related tribesperson by blood too; I'm fairly sure the daimyo ( and greater Wano population ) are all/mostly a bunch of impostors of sorts, and Toki will be revealed to hail from the true, original Amatsuki clan, having been driven out of Wano in the distant past along with other non-human races.

Who knows how it'll play out for certain? Hybrids, lineage factors, different races, questions of parentage, humanity, complicated history, ....methinks we're overall heading towards a huge plotline centered around the uncertainty of origins/genetics tied to mass cross-breeding...both in terms of lineage, culture, ideas, and other factors. The question of Sanji's exact "percentage" of humanity, may soon cast a wide net over all of Wano, and probably doesn't even end there.

Some of Wano's citizens sure are conspicuously tall after all, aren't they?

In addition to all the other bad stuff I've mentioned before that'll contribute to the good guys' impending defeat, Hawkins is going to finally unveil one of those cards he hinted at earlier in the arc that could boost another's strength to power up some Beast Pirates, perhaps even draw the Fool in a non-reversed position this time to turn people against each other.

Fate is going to seemingly turn on the Strawhats shortly, so only fitting that Hawkins getting lucky with his cards would serve to paint a clear picture as to what's soon to commence.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information