+ Reply to Thread
Page 623 of 623 FirstFirst ... 123 523 573 613 621 622 623
Results 12,441 to 12,458 of 12458

Thread: Theories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread v.2

Default Re: Theories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread v.2

The Trial Of Totland V The Straw Hat Pirates

- We've seen through the end of Thriller Bark and through Puddin's flashback, what Lola thinks about BM. She thinks because they are family, BM wouldn't kill her.
    - We have Oven, who didn't even kill his sister's father. Would Oven had killed Chiffon w/o Sanji's interruption? I don't think Oven would have killed her.
    - The only reason why Gelato and Opera were killed was due to the circumstance of BM being in a rage.

So, in her regular state, BM has never murdered any of her children. Her children haven't killed each other and even Oven didn't finish Pound. I think this may all lead to Lola finding out that the crew and BM are at odds. How is that addressed? Will Chiffon, Lola and Pound make their way to Wano and address their family? Lola is a witness to the crew saving her and Chiffon is a witness to Sanji saving Totland from BM's rage.

I doubt they would make it in time. I think, whether it's further in the story or after the BM crew loses to the alliance, the beef will be ended by Puddin, Kata, Lola and Chiffon. Those 4 are witnesses to what is really the issue. On a smaller scale, Pekoms is a witness to the crew's intent, but Stussy, Du Feld and Morgans know the truth about the explosion. If Napoleon was awake for the O-Lin show, he knows how the Okobore Town people treated her.

My clients, the Straw Hat Pirates, are not guilty of having any intentions of offending the BM Pirates

Devil's Advocate
    - Luffy wants to be PK and anyone in his way of the 4 PG is a rival/opp
    - Luffy agreed to Capone's plot. Even if it was mainly about saving Sanji's parents, he agreed to it
    - They treated Brulee like transportation. There's grounds for abuse.
    - Luffy aided Kata in destroying his image of perfection
    - The witnesses to the explosion have no reason to give testimony

I forgot how trial goes, but I know this ain't it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcotty View Post
    Boredom and mind wandering at work left me to ponder ideas on the other 4 flying 6's Devil Fruits. A few checks online told me I wasn't really coming up with anything new, but I'll throw them down anyway. I was only thinking about ancient Zoans at the time, but some of the mythical zoan ideas sound fun.

Ulti - Pachycephalosaurus: Sure seems like she wants to butt-heads with anyone and everyone with her words, might as well see her take that into her gimmick. Would probably be fun seeing her headbutting Pay Pay in their half-forms later on.

Black Maria - Quetzalcoatlus: Would be nice to see at least one other flying dinosaur. Something about her design makes me imagine her being super smug/proud of having that ginormous wingspan, even if she's no match for King.

Sasaki and Who's Who I'm lumping together a little. Singling them out as "former captains" but not Drake probably means they'll stand out a little amongst the dinosaurs. What came to mind the simplest would be if they're both early Mammal ancient zoans. Smilodon being the most obvious and easy choice for one of them, while other ideas are harder to come up with. Especially since Who's Who looks like he could just as easily be the generic one that gets taken out without ever showing anything. It's easy seeing Sasaki transform into just about anything. A Megatherium (Giant Sloth) might be something Oda could get creative with, or maybe a short-faced Bear (or just any ancient bear).

If Oda doesn't save the T. Rex for even later use, I'd bet that's either going to the strongest amongst the Numbers, or Yamato.
    I don't think all of them will be zoan. While each will probably have an animal theme, we've seen paramecia having animal themes before, like Kalifa being a "sheep" with her bubble fruit.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

Quirky idea for Sasaki: his large hat and its general shape make me wonder if it's intended to accommodate the large crest of a Lambeosaurus. At least when seen from the side, someone in an Oda state of mind could picture it as a dino sporting the hat of a sea captain.

Spoiler:

What good is that?

Well, it's generally believed that the crests of hadrosaurs such as Lambeosaurus were used to produce loud, booming sounds for communication. Maybe Sasaki could've found a way to weaponize this ability. I dunno, given his seafaring look, I'm just picturing him mimicking the sounds of ship's fog horn in dino/hybrid form while sailing around on his personal battleship. And Oda did say he'd like to portray more naval battles, so I'd be keen to see Sasaki teaming with Apoo to use their sound-based abilities to track and target say Jinbe, Kawamatsu, and/or Law's submarine in a Destroyer vs. Submarine kinda scenario. Sound does travel faster underwater, so it'd be neat to see Apoo or somebody else play this to their advantage. Engage sonar! Release depth charges!11! Drop the bass!111piece!

Worst case scenario, Sasaki haki's up his crest and employs it as a head-mounted axe.

Not saying I expect this to be the case, just one idea floating around in my head. Oda's bound to toss a wonky zoan our way ala Kaku.
    Last edited by Ghidorah Guy; May 23rd, 2020 at 11:08 AM.

Sanji will use Okama Kenpo and Life Return that will make him bigger, stronger and ugly.

All of that thanks to the fact that he can turn invisible now so his pride will be less likely to get damaged

Doesn't "life return" simply make you smaller and more agile?

I'd love to see Sanji turn into an "okama" again.

Quote Originally Posted by Claudio View Post
    Doesn't "life return" simply make you smaller and more agile?

I'd love to see Sanji turn into an "okama" again.
    Luccis big, buff form was also thanks to Life Return. I imagine that Lao G turning all muscular in his fight with Sai was also Life Return. Vergo turning twice his normal size at end of fight with Law also looked like Life Return.

If Sanji has Life Return that makes him buff but gives him square jaw and makes him look like Okama or much worse like his Father lol then Sanji would likely avoid using it at all costs But if he is invisible..

I remember when Lucci used "life return", it was to make him himself skinnier not more muscular and Kumadori used it to bring himself back to normal when he got fat from eating.

I don't remember Vergo and Lao G getting more muscular having anything to do with "life return". Maybe my memory is failing me.

Luffy and Kid can also use it to digest their food immediately.

"There will be an answer, let it be."

The Sea Kings are awaiting another Prince outside of their princess Shirahoshi. Could Yamato be the other prince that the Sea Kings await?

Context to why i'm questioning this

I was thinking "damn, when will this Act end". Then, I looked at what each preceding Act was about and how they came to their conclusion.

- Act 1 was about the state of Wano. The oppression through greed, brainwashing, etc. How Kinemon and co reached here through time travel and basically introducing Luffy and the readers to how dire things are. That ended with Kaido defeating Luffy. Luffy and the audience now understand the urgency more than ever.

- Act 2 is mostly about getting prepared for the attack on Onigashima. How do you do that? Free Luffy, gather allies, intel and weapons. Through this, Zoro learns of the matters and history/importance/value of Ryuma to Wano, while gaining weapons. Luffy learns a practice and gains the prison allies. Kinemon also gains allies, while everyone else is working on the same. It concludes with BM forming an alliance with Kaido because she came in as a 3rd party and the SH alliance being prepared for the raid/attack.

- What is Act 3 about? It's been mostly Oden's flashback, but what did we get from it as a whole? It is about making Wano better, so it can be an asset to Joy Boy in the future. The Sea Kings also mentioned the 2 princes. Along with Oden's adventures to learn about the world, we get Orochi's narrative. He is a product of Wano. Oden dances to make up for this and it's stoicism at it's best. Oden wants Wano to be better and he feels that it can be. The chapters following the flashback have presented how Kaido's crew functions and the attack/raid beginning to take form. How do you end this? Go by how Act 1 and 2 ended. End it with addressing what it was mostly about. Someone stumbling into this Yamato character that even King had to call the Flying Six for. What did Oden's flashback mean tho? It was about the larger picture. How does finding Kaido's kid relate to what Oden thought was better for Wano to be an asset?

So, we have this search for a child and the Joy Boy prophecy and the latter is most likely Luffy. Is Joy Boy the other prince mentioned by the Sea Kings? The 2 were never said to be 1 in the same, but we can speculate that the other prince and Joy Boy are the same person. Why didn't the Sea Kings acknowledge their prince (if it is Luffy) when he was at Fishman Island like they did Shirahoshi? Maybe it just wasn't the right time. The Sea Kings were agitated when the prince wasn't around. If they can mess with the bubble, then this might mean that they know this place holds the key to their prince being born. Why wouldn't they acknowledge Luffy as a prince, when they know the other prince pretty well?

Oda was influenced by Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders.

-Original Run: 1989-1992; Oda's Age: 14-17
    -Ora Ora Rush = Gomu Gomu no Gatling Gun
    -LOTS of smoking
    -Sanji and Brook share characteristics of Jean Pierre Polnareff

I don't think it is out of the question for Dragon to end up in an antagonistic role, it would certainly be a twist, but it wouldn't be a twist for the sake of it, with having seen so little of him it's not impossible that his ideology is what matters to him the most, no matter if the WG or... Luffy stands in his way. or something like that.
    Last edited by Solid; May 24th, 2020 at 12:02 PM.
    https://youtu.be/9fykY9KsnGA

Bounties and names of every single Roger Pirate

Just for the hell of speculation.

The shadowy figure following Jinbe and Robin isn't Yamato, as some immediately suspected; it's a homie created from Jinbe.

That or Jinbe himself, wearing ye old classic Japanese/Wano knot mask; the person accompanying Robin being the immaculately disguised homie ( wouldn't put anything past Oda at this point after Denjiro's "make-over" ), all part of an elaborate scheme to have the Jinbe homie infiltrate the Strawhats and fuck em over at the most opportune moment. Jinbe just managed to recently escape and is now looking to prevent his homie's fuckery whilst trying to avoid acting too soon and risk causing a scene that'll alert the enemy to the Alliance's presence.

The convenient timing of Jinbe's return to the fold is mighty suspicious, so I'm sensing shenanigans pf some kind are afoot. And if Robin really is walking side by side with a plant, that'd certainly present a prime opportunity for the Big Mom Pirates to snatch somebody capable of reading the poneglyphs...and subsequently free Big Mom up to pawn off Pudding and be done her upon getting her mitts on someone with a more reliable, proven ability to decipher poneglphs.

Bonus: to add insult to injury, Big Mom made Pudding remove Jinbe's memories in order to leave him an amnesiac mess. The only reason he's following Robin and his homie around is because he's drawn to his own homie, plot, something.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Big Mom can't make a homie out of Jinbei, as he has no fear of her, so she can't do anything to his soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B. Decent View Post
    Big Mom can't make a homie out of Jinbei, as he has no fear of her, so she can't do anything to his soul.
    Normally, yeah, but I'm thinking more of a scenario where he willingly gives it up in order to say spare the lives of his captured crew, perhaps after once again being presented with a spin of her wheel of fate.

Pavement Supervisor Gecko Moria's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    I don't think it is out of the question for Dragon to end up in an antagonistic role, it would certainly be a twist, but it wouldn't be a twist for the sake of it, with having seen so little of him it's not impossible that his ideology is what matters to him the most, no matter if the WG or... Luffy stands in his way. or something like that.
    Yea I’ve thought about this as well. Dragon could very well be the final antagonist even, but probably not. Would definitely be a more realistic story on revolutionary leaders corrupted by power.

Brook will learn a new music-related move from observing Apoo.

The crew might venture into the Calm Belt islands more. Usopp might defeat Sea Kings in the Calm Belt.

I was re-reading chapter 592 to 597, and wow, you can see hints to everything that was and is planned for the New World. It's nice to create theories about what's to come by checking it out and marking off what already happened..

Chapter 592:
    - Moria is dead or not?. Confirmed in Wano.
    - Vegapunk's dream was to heat his winter island, but he went out of resources for his heat machine. Maybe his motivation to work for the marines?

Chapter 593:
    - Lots of Revolutionary stuff. First appearance of Karasu's crows!
    - Tequila Wolf: slavery under the orders of the Celestial Dragons. Bridge being build to reach somewhere. Recently reappeared in Oden's flashback. Possible link to Lost Century and secrets of the Celestial Dragons we are about to delve into.
    - Dragon talking about the time to reunite the revolutionary commanders. Happened recently!
    - Dragon and Ivankov talk about Kuma. Storyline picked up again recently!
    - Vivi appearing. She's about to become important, as per Oda's words.
    - Crocodile moving to the New World. His two cameos post-timeskip hint at him returning soon. May have a link to Revolutionary saga ahead?
    - Buggy receiving the invitation for the Shichibukai. We know he became a Shichibulkai and recently lost his title.

Chapter 594:
    - Gorousei talking about the future of the Yonko. Bet on Marco or Blackbeard to rise to Emperor status. We've known for some time what happened to Marco, the BW pirates and Blackbeard in the Retribution War.
    - Admiral Kong appears. Talks about the next Fleet Admiral. Sengoku appoints Aokiji. We learned later that Sakazuki won the position and Aokiji seemly joined the Blackbeard Pirates. Story still ongoing.
    - Smoker going the New World. Smoker is now heading to Vegapunk as far as we know.
    - Coby developing haki. Coby is now Captain and heading to fight Hancock as part of a big fleet.
    - Capone is sucked into the sky. Maybe this island will still appear?
    - Basil Hawkings fights Brownbeard. We then found Brownbeard in Punk Hazard.
    - Urouge in Raijin Island. I think this island will still be important somehow. Also, Urouge is still a total mystery today.

Chapter 595:
    - Trafalgar Law did not go to the New World immediately. Wanted to take "the right throne" first. We heard about the Rocky Port incident and Law becoming a Shichibukai later.
    - X-Drake trying to get Kaido's attention. Now we know X-Drake joined Kaido but is a undercover marine.
    - Apoo running on air. Maybe this will become important somehow?
    - Bonney being captured by BB. Akainu worried about her, hinting at a greater importance. We know now she's linked to Kuma.
    - Doflamingo talking to an agent about Moria's death. Threatens to quit the Shichibukai as a means to intimidate the agent. We now know Doflamingo is a former Celestial Dragon with knowedge of Celestial Dragon secrets. The agent is most likely CP0, who answer to the Celestial Dragons directly.
    - Torino Kingdom people having eye tattoos. Could have link to Who's Who and his crew somehow?

Chapter 596:
    - Robin joining the Revolutionaries. What role will she have when we get into their saga?
    - More Vegapunk stuff with Franky.

Chapter 597:
    - Haki stuff. Essential to the New World, Luffy's finally getting mastery of advanced armament haki, demonstrated by Raylegh, in Wano.

-------------------------------

After all the Reverie chapters, plus Oda talking about Vivi, Sabo and Hancock, I think many of the seeds planted in those chapters are about to come back.

I'm sure the next saga will explore the Revolutionaries, Vegapunk, slavery, Celestial Dragons and CP0. That means all the Franky and Robin stuff from these chapters will have extra weight, and these two Straw Hats will probably get a lot of attention.

Also, with Hancock and Koala involved, Jinbe (who, along with Law and Ivankov, is one of the few people who know of Hancock's love for Luffy) will also get a lot of chances to shine. We will also finally see Fisher Tiger's rampage on Mary Geouise, hinted in Amazon Lily but skipped in Fishman Island's flashback. It will probably be seen through slaves' PoV, most likely Hancock's.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information