+ Reply to Thread
Page 613 of 616 FirstFirst ... 113 513 563 603 611 612 613 614 615 ... LastLast
Results 12,241 to 12,260 of 12308

Thread: Theories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread v.2

Default Re: Theories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread v.2

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    Hmmm, you know why Momonosuke's mother blipped the Samurai to 20 years in the future? It's the closest time to when the planets align in some specific way. That way they can use some crazy moon beam or other celestial bodies to X, Y or Z.
    A blood moon produced by a lunar eclipse is needed to make Luffy go Oozauru.

Why does Zoro hate Sanji?Fans tend to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I think there's actually a reason in the manga why the two don't get along. (Click on the links for relevant content.)

Go back to Sanji's introduction on the Baratie. Zoro actually doesn't give two shits about Sanji; he's fine with him letting him be. However, something interesting happens once the threat of Mihawk and the Grand Line rear their head: Sanji shits all over Zoro's dream.

This is the earliest instance of friction I can find and, to be honest, it makes sense. Sanji is essentially pulling a Bellamy here. Despite his dreams of wanting to find the All Blue and being Invisible, Sanji has never dedicated himself wholeheartedly to a task. He lacks true ambition. Zoro finds this weak.

Moreover, Sanji continues to be a liability to the Straw Hats in the New World. He nearly dies against Vergo and Doflamingo and puts the crew in compromising situations almost constantly. Instead of learning from Ivankov on Kamabakka and building a resistance to his weakness towards women, Sanji arguably got worse and spent two years fucking off instead of developing (though we have yet to see the effects of Sanji's Attack Cooking on Big Mom during the climax of Whole Cake Island).

And while Sanji dislikes Zoro, it's clear it's only because of his ego. He hates the idea of being inferior to Zoro. However, Sanji cannot, for the life of him, understand Zoro's ambition. So really, the cook's whole thing is just a pissing contest to prove he's just as good as the swordsman. But when Zoro makes a vow, he means it. He'll swallow his pride for the crew.

Sanji, therefore, needs to swallow his pride and use what he's learned if he wants to help Luffy become Pirate King. Zoro may have already achieved his goal of defeating Mihawk over those two years, as the only Straw Hat who came face to face with his dream on multiple occasions. Until Sanji does that, he will remain a liability.

Neither of them hated the other.

There is mutual respect.

Quote Originally Posted by gyuukarubi View Post
    Why does Zoro hate Sanji?Fans tend to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I think there's actually a reason in the manga why the two don't get along. (Click on the links for relevant content.)

Go back to Sanji's introduction on the Baratie. Zoro actually doesn't give two shits about Sanji; he's fine with him letting him be. However, something interesting happens once the threat of Mihawk and the Grand Line rear their head: Sanji shits all over Zoro's dream.

This is the earliest instance of friction I can find and, to be honest, it makes sense. Sanji is essentially pulling a Bellamy here. Despite his dreams of wanting to find the All Blue and being Invisible, Sanji has never dedicated himself wholeheartedly to a task. He lacks true ambition. Zoro finds this weak.

Moreover, Sanji continues to be a liability to the Straw Hats in the New World. He nearly dies against Vergo and Doflamingo and puts the crew in compromising situations almost constantly. Instead of learning from Ivankov on Kamabakka and building a resistance to his weakness towards women, Sanji arguably got worse and spent two years fucking off instead of developing (though we have yet to see the effects of Sanji's Attack Cooking on Big Mom during the climax of Whole Cake Island).

And while Sanji dislikes Zoro, it's clear it's only because of his ego. He hates the idea of being inferior to Zoro. However, Sanji cannot, for the life of him, understand Zoro's ambition. So really, the cook's whole thing is just a pissing contest to prove he's just as good as the swordsman. But when Zoro makes a vow, he means it. He'll swallow his pride for the crew.

Sanji, therefore, needs to swallow his pride and use what he's learned if he wants to help Luffy become Pirate King. Zoro may have already achieved his goal of defeating Mihawk over those two years, as the only Straw Hat who came face to face with his dream on multiple occasions. Until Sanji does that, he will remain a liability.
    I can't tell if you're joking or serious. Sanji was ready to die so Zoro could continue his dream, he stated it outright. There is so much mutual respect between the two of them it's a full on bromance in disguise. You are a crooked jerky jockey and you drive crooked hoss. 0/10 won't read from you again.

But on the subject I like how Oda more or less retrofit the idea that Sanji subconsciously hates guys who do nothing but train all day.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. »\_(ツ)_/»

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    I can't tell if you're joking or serious. Sanji was ready to die so Zoro could continue his dream, he stated it outright. There is so much mutual respect between the two of them it's a full on bromance in disguise. You are a crooked jerky jockey and you drive crooked hoss. 0/10 won't read from you again.
    Uh. Ok.

I think Sanji has a self-sacrificial streak throughout the manga. He was also ready to die at the hands of Pudding. What about his dreams? Why are Zoro's dreams more important than his own?

Maybe "hate" is a strong word, but I mostly mean "dislike." Sanji isn't living up to his potential.

I have 13 siblings. Sanji and Zoro are in the top 3 depictions of siblings in manga for me.

Had a little thought about Doffy's "Throne Wars" speech recently. What if what Doffy was referring to wasn't the war to determine the Pirate King but instead the war to see who controls the entire world? I found it odd that he mentioned the marines and Revos who have no stake in the Pirate King title. When he mentions there is an "empty throne" what if he's in fact referring to THE Empty Throne (Im's throne)? And is instead implying that whoever discovers Raftel and the True History and fulfills the Will of D (more than likely the descendants of the Ancient Kingdom from the Void Century) they'll then wage a "Throne War" against the World Government (Throne of the Pirate King/Inheitor of the Will of D Throne vs Empty Throne/Im-sama). Therefore, the Celestial Dragons will be "dragged down".

With the recent revelation of Rox and his ambition to rule the world... It could be that those of the D. clan are the true heirs to the world and thus have a right to the throne of the world. That's why evil D's like Rox and Teach are so eager for that type of world conquest. They both study history and are familiar with the world's taboos and probably know that the D's are the true heirs. Eh... Just some food for thought.
    Last edited by Jazzy Jinx; September 28th, 2019 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Also D. means "Devil" = natural enemy of God; they created Devil Fruits, etc. etc.

No theories, just ramblings of things to question as I try to piece certain parts of what Oda has given us so far.

Rocky Port incident involved Koby and Law. Koby and Law reached Rear Admiral and Warlord exactly when during the timeskip? When did Koby become SWORD? Law has some sort of confidence in Drake. Koby is Drake's subordinate in this SWORD group. Does Law confidence in Drake stem from the Rocky Port Incident?

BM was too conveniently brought into Wano and separated from her crew. Luffy had a similar situation. The octopi was really trying to get Luffy and he is dressed similarly to other octopi that work for the bathhouse. Who runs the bathhouse and do they have an agenda? Yes, I question stuff like this too.

Shusui was the sword of a Wano hero. Now Zoro has replaced it with the sword of another Wano great, Oden. Sandai Kitetsu hasn't brought that much bad luck to Zoro. Zoro has shown that he is up for challenges. Nidai had Luffy end up in Udon and he became more fortunate when he wasn't with the sword. Is Nidai, Zoro's next challenge? Will this next act explore cursed swords, like examples of former user's fate?

Were Neko and Inu on Roger's ship for this God Valley Incident?

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post

Rocky Port incident involved Koby and Law. Koby and Law reached Rear Admiral and Warlord exactly when during the timeskip? When did Koby become SWORD? Law has some sort of confidence in Drake. Koby is Drake's subordinate in this SWORD group. Does Law confidence in Drake stem from the Rocky Port Incident?
    I think it was a Kaido related event. Like Law destroying a shipment from Doffly to Kaido or gathering intel. Koby was the intervening officer and Drake saved him breaking his cover and probably recruited him to sword.

Were Neko and Inu on Roger's ship for this God Valley Incident?
    Unlikely. Neko and Inu were with Oden and Roger got Oden from Whitebeard crew so probably much later.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    I have 13 siblings. Sanji and Zoro are in the top 3 depictions of siblings in manga for me.
    Oda got the friction right; I’m merely explaining the rationale. Zoro doesn’t get along with Sanji because the cook never takes the steps required to achieve his dreams and had the gall to criticize the swordsman for following his own. This interaction from Fishman Island is a good example of that.

Sanji is kind but I think he hates himself as a result of his childhood trauma (hence him seeking validation from women, to prove his own worth). He doesn’t care enough about himself so how could he ever put his friends first? He fears enemies he feels he cannot defeat and tends to run while telling others to abandon all hope. Not saying that this is going to be a permanent fixture of his personality, but he will be required to acknowledge and overcome his weaknesses to help Luffy become Pirate King.

I think Luffy`s final bounty will be 5.656.000.000 Berry.
    Barely eclipsing Gold Roger, while also having the gomu gomu number joke^^
    UnrevealedVegapunk/Ryokugyu/Loki/Rocks/Im-san/C.Gaban
    IslandElbaf/Raftel/GodValley
    UnresolvedWeevil┤s plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma/Bonney┤s past/Joy-Boy/Zunisha┤s story/Roger/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/last ancient weapon/the D.clan
    DFSpider/Wind/Metal/Wood/Acid/Liquid/Time-Stop

Dr. Hililuk accidentally created chemical weapons such as the Dance Powder while fabricating all kinda concoctions back in the days he not only engaged in thievery...but peddled wares as a snake-oil salesman similar to Usopp's current guise in Wano.

So I had this theory like two years ago, never got around to mentioning it, but thought it would be worth bringing up now. It has some shades of theories already brought up in this thread, but (from what I've seen, though I've only skimmed lightly) my version has a few differences that I think are worth mentioning as its own thing. But, basically...

The alliance between Big Mom and Kaido isn't the only alliance between Emperors right now. Shanks and Blackbeard are also allies, or at least working towards the same goal.

We know very little about either of them, but across the board, two things have remained consistent. The first is that they both are very occupied with fate, or seem to be convinced that events are happening on a preset path and any aberrations from that path are to be avoided. Blackbeard's comments on fate are well documented, but also note many of Shanks' more cryptic words, like how it was "too soon" for Ace and Blackbeard to fight, which are weirdly similar to some of Blackbeard's lines. The second similarity is how much they go out of their way to avoid actually fighting or meeting each other. Shanks cautions Whitebeard to avoid any confrontation with Blackbeard whatsoever, meanwhile his arrival at Marineford feels almost deliberately timed to give Blackbeard an easy opening to escape after all his objectives have already been met. With so much about the two unknown, apart from the fact that they share a history (we know that Blackbeard gave Shanks his scar but nothing else) it's entirely within the realm of possibility that they've been collaborating behind the scenes, orchestrating Blackbeard's rise to power, in order to fulfill a prophecy they both believe in.

I think that they both want to see a full return of the Ancient Kingdom and/or the Clan of D, perhaps following the same vision that Rocks had, and the key to doing that is on Laugh Tale. But, there's a price to pay for getting there, and that only a D is able to pay it. (remember that basically anyone in a position to go to Laugh Tale or who might know what the One Piece is, doesn't want it) Or, perhaps, the Prophecy dictates that all D's except one need to be killed off before one single carrier of the Will of D is left to inherit the world on his own. Blackbeard obviously sees himself as the one to do this, but can't achieve his dream without also suffering the price. The solution? Build up a sacrificial D, give him the hat of destiny and enough motivation to plunge ahead on his goal, do the minimum to nudge him along the right track, wait for him to open the path to Laugh Tale, not knowing the terrible consequence or the prophecy... and then swoop in and take the prize once the conditions are met and the price is already paid.

The thing is, while Blackbeard clearly sees the One Piece and the title of Pirate King/King of the World as his right by fate and wants it for his own gain, Shanks might genuinely think that the ultimate goal of bringing back the Ancient Kingdom is for the greater good, and would be alright with Luffy somehow subverting their design, so long as he still fulfills the conditions of the prophecy instead.

Not exactly a theory but what do you think of the idea of Vegapunk inventing an anti-haki/Haki-nullification mechanism which he can implement on the Pacifistas and/or other creations? I'm speaking generally and not referring to SSG

Quote Originally Posted by RevolutionaryOfThe6Paths View Post
    Not exactly a theory but what do you think of the idea of Vegapunk inventing an anti-haki/Haki-nullification mechanism which he can implement on the Pacifistas and/or other creations? I'm speaking generally and not referring to SSG
    I don't think this would be Haki nullification, but in the Frequency theory, I hypothetically stated that Chopper's experimentation with the wavelengths of his DF, Teach taking WB's DF, Brook's ability, Haki and Kairoseki are all connected through frequency.

If you care...

http://forums.arlongpark.net/showthr...=1#post3988701

It has pictures and looks cooler on the other site

Very interesting. I've read similar theories before , the best example being CAMUNAI's on Orojackson. That theory was mindblowing, at least for how detailed it was. A shame it was lost along with the site

Quote Originally Posted by RevolutionaryOfThe6Paths View Post
    Very interesting. I've read similar theories before , the best example being CAMUNAI's on Orojackson. That theory was mindblowing, at least for how detailed it was. A shame it was lost along with the site
    I talked to Camu about it on Joy Boy's Discord. Yeah, they are similar. Mines was made 2 years ago, but he had no idea bout it.

What I don't see being questioned is if any of the CD's slaves became anything or can become crucial in the story. Maybe they can give more insight into the God Valey incident. It's understandable because there's nothing to go off of, but i've seen people make a spectacle out of less. Also, Shanks, Buggy and Teach are around the same age. Maybe, they grew up hearing of that incident even tho it was covered up by the WG

Quote Originally Posted by gyuukarubi View Post
    Uh. Ok.

I think Sanji has a self-sacrificial streak throughout the manga. He was also ready to die at the hands of Pudding. What about his dreams? Why are Zoro's dreams more important than his own?

Maybe "hate" is a strong word, but I mostly mean "dislike." Sanji isn't living up to his potential.
    That alone proves that Sanji cares about Zoro just like he cares about his other crewmates. He also sacrificed himself for Usopp in front of Enel. Sanji is a chivalry, he does that.

Sanji vs. Zoro rivalry started when Zoro tried to attack Nami at East Blue when Zoro thought that Nami betrayed them, and Sanji stopped Zoro by attacking him first. That was their first argument and their first fight. Similar to his little fight with Niiji after their Vinsmoke family reunion.

I don't know if it's just me thinking this up, but isn't it really obvious that the prophecy of Luffy destroying Fishman island will come true in the sense that the Fishmen will be able to live on the surface and the Noah is the ship that is going to carry them there?

I'm pretty sure that's what everyone thought when they were reading the FI arc

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information