+ Reply to Thread
Page 597 of 597 FirstFirst ... 97 497 547 587 595 596 597
Results 11,921 to 11,940 of 11940

Thread: Theories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread v.2

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

Default Re: Theories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread v.2

Exactly. But unlike those, FI is hard to reach and is a much more visited place by pirates and such sea criminals. That means that having a permanent marine base, with a Vice Admiral stationed there or something, should be of great help to protect the citizens of Ryugu Kingdom. Although Sabaody has a Marine base and look how that turns out for that archipelago...
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn. (Socrates (Σωκράτης) method to enlighten people, ca. 500 BC)

Quote Originally Posted by Maju View Post
    yet we saw marine intervention in both alabastaand dressrosa

the fact that they don't have a base on every island doesn't mean they are not interested in protecting the citiziens
    I got the impression that they were only there to keep their interests safe and never the country or citizens. Smoker also intervened based on personal issues rather than government issue. Nina was there to clean up Crocodile's mess and not to keep the citizens safe. Dressrosa was blatant 'keep our interests and image safe' signed by the Fleet Admiral Akainu himself.

I don't expect them to have a base in each and every island but if they want to give the impression that they care about protecting the citizens then we'd have touched upon some form of routine or plan to ensure the safety of allied islands. An on-sea rotation, a backup plan, something... Neither Cobra nor Vivi ever contacted or even thought of contacting the marines and WG for help because they are aware that the WG is not interested in keeping them safe. Dalton too.

Quote Originally Posted by Law-ya View Post
    I got the impression that they were only there to keep their interests safe and never the country or citizens. Smoker also intervened based on personal issues rather than government issue. Nina was there to clean up Crocodile's mess and not to keep the citizens safe. Dressrosa was blatant 'keep our interests and image safe' signed by the Fleet Admiral Akainu himself.

I don't expect them to have a base in each and every island but if they want to give the impression that they care about protecting the citizens then we'd have touched upon some form of routine or plan to ensure the safety of allied islands. An on-sea rotation, a backup plan, something... Neither Cobra nor Vivi ever contacted or even thought of contacting the marines and WG for help because they are aware that the WG is not interested in keeping them safe. Dalton too.
    cobra was against a shichibukai and without real proofs..the government wasn't gonna go against crocodile without a clear proof of any wrongdoing, the shichibukai are way too valuable.

also, i think it's established right in the manga that hina is responsible of that "part of the sea", so there are indeed patrolling in act, but they can't be on every island,that's why every island has his own police/guards/whatever

at dressrosa fujitora for what is possible tried to keep the citiziens safe, he clarly states that, but he also had personal interests in keeping the chaos going because he thinks that dealing with the shichibukai system it's the greater good. But that doesn't change that the marines were there to protect the citiziens..fujitora even states to doflamingo something like "i will deal with you later, for now i will protect your country"

of course it's not always possible for them to give priority to the citiziens because of the WG's interferences (see sengoku wanting to send wanted poster for the impel down escapees).

Quote Originally Posted by Law-ya View Post
    Marines from the WG do not protect any of their allies though. All the countries we've visited so far have had their own method of dealing with pirates independently from any WG help. WG is interested in keeping countries like Alabasta, Drum and Dressrosa as allies but have no sense to protect them hence they would not be inclined to help FI either.

Alabasta had Crocodile (who had a personal investment there and not on cop-duty by the WG. Drum had its own personal army which failed fantastically in the face of BB and the WG was never inclined to help them. Dressrosa's own king was a well-known pirate so they, too, were safe.

Bottom line is that neither marines nor WG are interested in protecting islands to keep them safe.
    When Crocodile was revealed as a problem(Thanks to Smoker contacting them) Kuzan was supposed to deal with him.

Drum was a quick raid.

Dressrosa was supposed to receive help but Vergo delayed them.

Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

I stand corrected.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Chrior View Post
    If you actually look at it from a "real world" point of view... Isn't having a Marine presence in Fishman Island the best thing possible for them? Instead of having to submit to the whims and demands of a criminal lord with the power to completely raze your kingdom to the ground if you miss a deadline, you get official protection from the military force of the organization that your kingdom is a part of, just like most places out there in the world. The new Marine base would bring new residents, which would mean more demand for food and commodities, which means more business, jobs, and money going around. It would mean Fishman Island could become a safer tourist destination and a better place for crossing the Red Line for some people, instead of having to apply to Mariejois and leaving the ship behind, also bringing more people and boosting the economy. Maybe that would also contribute to increasing interaction between humans and fishman/mermen, leading to a lessening of racist tensions. Lots of positives there!
    You'd have to do quite a bit to make that work. Firstly, induct several of FI's citizens into the Marines and post them along the route from Sabaody to FI proper to ensure safe passage, which the Marines as they currently are would have no capability of doing. The amount of trouble would decrease significantly if there is a constant patrol of aquatic soldiers who can keep riffraff out before they even arrive, but more importantly, they'll have the Marines' headquarters on speed-dial so they can say, "Okay, we've got a ship coming through, looks pirate-y but we're not sure, can you confirm we should detain or destroy?" Mutual cooperation would be key there. Plus a military base down there with additional soldiers would help if the random threat did manage to pass through undetected (like how Don Krieg's ship would fly the white flag, but then attack anyone who came close). And of course, also securing the path out of FI to the New World so everyone traveling through peacefully makes it to the surface again safely.

All of that seriously hinges on the willingness of the Marines and WG to do whatever it would take to ensure lasting peaceful relations with the non-human species, which would probably require the suspension of slavery. I don't know if they'd be willing or able to give up that privilege of the Celestial Dragons, so it would probably never materialize despite the benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    You'd have to do quite a bit to make that work. Firstly, induct several of FI's citizens into the Marines and post them along the route from Sabaody to FI proper to ensure safe passage, which the Marines as they currently are would have no capability of doing. The amount of trouble would decrease significantly if there is a constant patrol of aquatic soldiers who can keep riffraff out before they even arrive, but more importantly, they'll have the Marines' headquarters on speed-dial so they can say, "Okay, we've got a ship coming through, looks pirate-y but we're not sure, can you confirm we should detain or destroy?" Mutual cooperation would be key there. Plus a military base down there with additional soldiers would help if the random threat did manage to pass through undetected (like how Don Krieg's ship would fly the white flag, but then attack anyone who came close). And of course, also securing the path out of FI to the New World so everyone traveling through peacefully makes it to the surface again safely.

All of that seriously hinges on the willingness of the Marines and WG to do whatever it would take to ensure lasting peaceful relations with the non-human species, which would probably require the suspension of slavery. I don't know if they'd be willing or able to give up that privilege of the Celestial Dragons, so it would probably never materialize despite the benefits.
    That is all very true, I agree, definitely! And it all sounds like a great idea if the WG, indeed, wanted to make it work. The fact that they have had centuries to do it and have not just shows how unwilling they are. I was just trying to picture it from a "real world policy" standpoint. Imagining if the Marines were a NATO-like organization and how it would be a much better option for Fishman Island than remaining under a criminal empire. But the OP world is not like that and the WG is not an honest, good-willed organization (not saying NATO is but... ) with the best interests of the average citizen in mind. Maybe by the end of the series it will become that way, but then Fishman Island as a kingdom of fishmen and merfolk should no longer exist anyway.
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn. (Socrates (Σωκράτης) method to enlighten people, ca. 500 BC)

You'd have to do quite a bit to make that work. Firstly, induct several of FI's citizens into the Marines and post them along the route from Sabaody to FI proper to ensure safe passage, which the Marines as they currently are would have no capability of doing.
    Talking about that. If they really wanted better relations with Fishmen, aside from Warlord, wouldnt you also include Fishmen officials as well? I dont think I've seen a Fishman marine, or Gvt official. Come to think of it, Gvt and Marines seem to be human and giant exclusive only...
    What reason would there be to interfere with a man's departure?
    Monkey D. Dragon

Nintendo ID: 0.o.MUGIWARA.o.0

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by X-Ray View Post
    Talking about that. If they really wanted better relations with Fishmen, aside from Warlord, wouldnt you also include Fishmen officials as well? I dont think I've seen a Fishman marine, or Gvt official. Come to think of it, Gvt and Marines seem to be human and giant exclusive only...
    I mean, it's a fantastic idea in theory, but given how shitty relations have been, especially with slavery, those negotiations would need to be made first and I don't see that happening prior to the big revolution. So until the Marines get their shit together and chuck out the Celestial Dragons, it'll be that much harder to foster good relations with quasi-humans, specifically Fishmen/Mermaids to facilitate easy passage to and from Fishman Island.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Ray View Post
    They are trying to be more inclusive but it takes time plus with the nobles considering them exotic animals it is probably hard to get fishmen to feel safe working around them in the heart of the goverment.

5 chapters before 900, and as many would predict I think the opening of the Reverie will take that chapter, presumbly with whereabouts of Zoros.

I'm no connoisseur of this series but from the way of this series' usual build-up, Big Mom and cake will be resolved by chapter 899 and come back with anywhere between 901 to 903 revealing the outcome of the match between Katakuri and Luffy by who comes out of the mirror.

..And I do not have the slight doubt that is going to be Katakuri, just my two cents.

I don't think we had anything special for 800.

Oh we've had something special every 100 chapters since Rayleigh showed up at 500th.

For example the SH ally was formed in 800. Judging from the full double spread and that narration closes the chapter I'd say it was pretty intentional.

..just noticed half of Shabondy, Impel Down, War and Flashback all happened in the span of Dressrosa.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by K466 View Post
    Oh we've had something special every 100 chapters since Rayleigh showed up at 500th.

For example the SH ally was formed in 800. Judging from the full double spread and that narration closes the chapter I'd say it was pretty intentional.

..just noticed half of Shabondy, Impel Down, War and Flashback all happened in the span of Dressrosa.
    Dressrosa was a pretty significant arc, though. Totally justified in being as long as it was.

Starting to wonder if Franky might get his hands on a prototype Pacifista (like a skeleton of one) that he can use to help mold the Sunny into a Transformer. Then it'll be a real 'battle' ship. Or even just some blueprints on how to do stuff like that from Vegapunk when we get to finally meet him. Or even one of the Ancient Weapons. That would really be handy for him having a final confrontation with Sanjuan Wolf when they all take on the Blackbeard crew.

The last road poneglyph is where John's treasure is buried and what Buggy has been trying to find all this time.

Buggy only cares about money. He doesn't seem to be after One Piece, and he probably knows about it. Why would he search for a red poneglyph?

Quote Originally Posted by K466 View Post

Which tells you how overlong Dressrosa was

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Dressrosa was a pretty significant arc, though. Totally justified in being as long as it was.

Starting to wonder if Franky might get his hands on a prototype Pacifista (like a skeleton of one) that he can use to help mold the Sunny into a Transformer. Then it'll be a real 'battle' ship. Or even just some blueprints on how to do stuff like that from Vegapunk when we get to finally meet him. Or even one of the Ancient Weapons. That would really be handy for him having a final confrontation with Sanjuan Wolf when they all take on the Blackbeard crew.
    As a standalone arc with 100 chapters, it did not work. Oda should have done what he did with the Baroque Works saga, short arcs with new locations and steadily building up DD.
    You get PH with 20-30 chapters instead of the 50 that it was equivalent to twin cape and Whiskey Peak arcs combined, you get an island that is the equivalent to jaya as a location with a colosseum that is secretly controlled by DD and that is trying to imprison Luffy when he decides to fight there for the Mera Mera, basically a type of Little Garden, you do Greenbit as equivalent to Drum and Dressrosa itself like Alabasta.
    The mistake was putting all of these into one arc, convoluted and messy.

I have to agree, Dressrosa could have worked better with a better setting, allowing pieces of plot to end completelly, instead of juggling way too many at the same time.

Like Fujitora and Sabo, the two "solve plot" cupons that were floating around, doing nothing for obtuse reasons. Just them and Burges having to stay outside of the birdcage, or even better, not interacting with the birdcage at all because they were on another island, would served the plot better.

The Birdcage being both infinitelly strong and something that was on even without Doflamingo thinking about it.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

Discovered Stowaway

I just meant it was justified in the sense of how many significant things were revealed or happened during it. Lots of it pissed me off, mainly Fujitora-related.

Ok so this isn't a new theory it's been around since ID but I'm expanding on it a bit.

So croco-boy has appeatantly has some background with iva and most of us assume he use to be croco-chan. But let's look into this Abit farther.

"Sir crocodie" (his title in alabaster) "croco-boy" (iva) "mr crocodie" (Blackbeard) there sure is a bunch of emphasis placed on him being man and a couple of the people are kinda old timers in the pirate world.

So croco-chan saild the grandline years ago with the dream of being pirate queen, she got to the final island before going back to the blues and assumed it was raftel. The islands residents explained she was wrong and laughed at her dream of being pirate queen (the only way to achieve that is by being the pirate Kings wife, of course). Shethenwent to the second island of women and pleaded for ivas help so that she can finally achieveher dream as a man

She also took doffys kingdom idea while in the nw.

PS don't take this as oda bashing for sexism, I actually get a kick out of these thoughts
    Last edited by Dat_Mango; February 16th, 2018 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Originally this was going to be in dumb predictions but as I typed it out it seemed .or and more plauseable

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information