Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Eiichiro Oda: " I want ranks among the mangaka"

Default Re: Eiichiro Oda: " I want ranks among the mangaka"

Quote Originally Posted by Vast View Post
    What does Reborn has to do with this?
    One Piece's early art was bad. But now is awesome. The same for Reborn.

Can somebody close this thread? As Ahoige said, it is pure sensationalist bullshit. Oda and Kaitani were just joking in that interview.
    One Piece early art was bad?

Well......it was iffy at best.

I suspect the "interview" may have been forged. I don't trust Sankaku Complex as a reliable source.

It doesn't add up. If Oda, even in jest, talks about giving mangaka's "ranks" like officials in authority would have, why would he commit his life to writing a manga that portrays ranking hierarchy as unfair and unjust. Why would he make the Strawhat crew, which doesn't recognize ranks, as they are, instead of having Luffy ordering everyone around because he's "Captain". I don't see Oda as a person who would openly criticize the work ethic of other mangaka.

However, if he was talking about an ultimate goal for mangakas to reach, I'm sure all mangakas would agree. The interview, however, portrayed him as conceited snob who believes everyone should approach manga like he does. I would call into question the article rather than Oda.

Christ, why are you people still discussing this..

Quote Originally Posted by igetownd View Post
    I suspect the "interview" may have been forged. I don't trust Sankaku Complex as a reliable source.
    The original article is legit, Sankakubullshitplex one is not.

The original interview had "(laughs)" and Oda speaks in his child-like screwing around speech, much like in his SBS when he's not being serious. It's OBVIOUS they're playing around.
    And what he's saying is, if there was a rank up (or level up) system, mangaka might feel more motivated to go up in ranks, like karate belts.
    And no, once again, HE'S NOT BEING SERIOUS. Nor did he say what these smut articles claims he said.

This article is from back in 2009.
    Let me tell you EXACTLY why this Sankakuidiotplex is picking it up NOW, a whole year and a half later.
    Because some One Piece hater in Japan decided to pick this article up recently (yesterday, on 3/22) and reword it to make Oda sound more assholeish, and started a thread in VIP, an infamous troll-fest 2ch board similar to 4chan's /b/, racking up tons of replies from his trolling.

That's this Sanakumoronplex's "news source".
    Hell it may even be second-hand source from one of the troll blogs that decided to pick up the VIP thread.
    Oda never said "I shouldn't be ranked the same with everyone else" like that "news source" headline reads. Not once.

This Sankakutabloidplex should find a job at Fox. He'll feel right at home there as a pundit.

This is getting ridiculous.
    Robby, close this thread and send it to hall of shame or something.
    Anyone discussing this is doing nothing but feeding the troll, and contributing to the trolling.
    Last edited by Aohige_AP; March 23rd, 2011 at 01:53 PM.

I agree that the opening topic is troll food.

But the interview itself is an interesting peek into the mind of Oda. Mangaka leveling up rather than plateau-ing is a childish but curious idea.

Perhaps the topic needs a new thread.

No it's not, when you've made more money than God in your respective position and economy and are considered the same shit as the lazy workers with the same title next to you, you require a push and a title that separates you from the crowd.

When you actually succeed at something in life and are considered the best by your peers, but have no way to reach a higher position than them, you'll either search for another job or live miserably.

Honestly the take-home from this thread is this:

If you are a One Piece fan (or a decent human being for that matter), stay away from Sankaku complex. It's not good for your sanity. Frankly it's not good for much else either...

On the other hand, if you
    1) like to read about a lonely white guy's daily hentai updates
    2) are radically racist against Chinese and Korean people
    3) admit to being a complete retard
    ...then go ahead and direct your traffic towards Sankaku

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    What? The style is almost exactly the same. The only real difference is that things are much busier now because Oda is juggling so many more characters and so much more plot.

read.

lol oda seems to be an asshole...

Sailing through the Sea of Blood to find Sniper Island

What did Oda said when he defended Shimabukuro?

Quote Originally Posted by city_lights31 View Post
    What? The style is almost exactly the same. The only real difference is that things are much busier now because Oda is juggling so many more characters and so much more plot.
    http://www.mangareader.net/103-2054-...hapter-10.html

This here was a little bit iffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    Christ, why are you people still discussing this..

The original article is legit, Sankakubullshitplex one is not.

The original interview had "(laughs)" and Oda speaks in his child-like screwing around speech, much like in his SBS when he's not being serious. It's OBVIOUS they're playing around.
    And what he's saying is, if there was a rank up (or level up) system, mangaka might feel more motivated to go up in ranks, like karate belts.
    And no, once again, HE'S NOT BEING SERIOUS. Nor did he say what these smut articles claims he said.

This article is from back in 2009.
    Let me tell you EXACTLY why this Sankakuidiotplex is picking it up NOW, a whole year and a half later.
    Because some One Piece hater in Japan decided to pick this article up recently (yesterday, on 3/22) and reword it to make Oda sound more assholeish, and started a thread in VIP, an infamous troll-fest 2ch board similar to 4chan's /b/, racking up tons of replies from his trolling.

That's this Sanakumoronplex's "news source".
    Hell it may even be second-hand source from one of the troll blogs that decided to pick up the VIP thread.
    Oda never said "I shouldn't be ranked the same with everyone else" like that "news source" headline reads. Not once.

This Sankakutabloidplex should find a job at Fox. He'll feel right at home there as a pundit.

This is getting ridiculous.
    Anyone discussing this is doing nothing but feeding the troll, and contributing to the trolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by kagehisa View Post
    Honestly the take-home from this thread is this:

If you are a One Piece fan (or a decent human being for that matter), stay away from Sankaku complex. It's not good for your sanity. Frankly it's not good for much else either...

On the other hand, if you
    1) like to read about a lonely white guy's daily hentai updates
    2) are radically racist against Chinese and Korean people
    3) admit to being a complete retard
    ...then go ahead and direct your traffic towards Sankaku
    Only way to contribute to this thread w/o feeding the troll is to quote these before it gets locked

lol - ok I really can't deny that. Regardless, in general, the art really isn't drastically different (I think it is actually remarkably NOT different considering OP is almost like a decade and a half old.) Sure though, that page was without a doubt iffy.
    Last edited by city_lights31; March 24th, 2011 at 04:49 AM.

read.

King of One Piece Parody Sonic Youth's Avatar

One thing I'm glad Oda stopped doing was those silly shoes, they look ridiculous.

16 characters of sage
    A proud fan of Kizaru, Whitebeard and Rayleigh!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000sunny View Post
    And, oh, looks like Ichigo knows more than he is letting on and can't help but strike his signature pose: Loosely holding his sword, knees bent, with the dumbest look of shock on his face....Classic Bleach

A real rain will come... JERK DISEASE's Avatar

The art was only iffy for like five or so books.
    1. Ace (), 2. WB (), 3. BB (X), 4. Perona () 5. Boa () 6. Jimbei (???), 7. Sabo lives (), 8. Timeskip ()

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    Gah, I thought I had closed this after banning Phenom. You mean its remained open the last couple days? Oii.

Hall of shame ahoy.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Thread Information