+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 85 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast

Thread: 9.0 earthquake hits Japan

Default Re: 9.0 earthquake hits Japan GREG AND ODA ARE OKAY

i don't think a perm ban is the right solution. this is a dire situation but children just won't know that, and so they create jokes about it. the best thing to do is to let them know it's wrong to joke about these things and ban them from this thread
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Sefal View Post
    i don't think a perm ban is the right solution. this is a dire situation but children just won't know that, and so they create jokes about it. the best thing to do is to let them know it's wrong to joke about these things and ban them from this thread
    Uh, he's 16. I'm 17.
    Quote Originally Posted by sanji499 View Post
    I wonder what was Bale's reaction when the stunt double broke the imax camera?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    In the United States we don't have much manga around, specifically One Piece, and mainly the newer chapters - Jan 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    Actually, I think he should be forum permabanned.
    That was absolutely inexcusable even for a first offense.
    For what it's worth I must agree. At least those who asked about Oda's safety, at least cared about someone other than themselves, whether it was a selfish reason or not.

It's nice to hear some of you are all getting good news. Now just hoping that the situation gets completely under control soon. Hope for good news to come to all of you who still await info on those you care about in Japan. And hope that as many of the missing people as possible are found with as little harm done as possible.

Oh yeah that is pretty inexcusable

anyway for those who play Metal Gear Online or wish to play it later.

Konami have shut off their servers worldwide to save power

Following Friday's Tohoku earthquake and tsunami disaster, power companies have been asking consumers to conserve electricity, particularly during peak hours. Konami is doing its part by suspending service on Metal Gear Online.

A post today at the MGO official site says that service will be suspended temporarily in an effort to alleviate potential energy shortages.

The Kojima Productions Twitter posted English versions of the service message, so this may apply to the game outside of Japan as well. MGO players should check for themselves

i have confirmed that they have shut it off worldwide.

im sorry if this has already been posted.
    Spoiler:

[youtube]MWG6xG-EJhk[/youtube]
    Please contact charitable organizations as physically/financially possible.

My blood is no good for I am a candidate for diabetes, my money can't become dolars and wire it to where it's needed because I'm in venezuela, I should go to the japanesse embasy and ask if there's something that I can do. I didn't do a thing while Haiti, Katrina, Chile, and only bought some baby food and water in the local floods last december.

Stay strong Japan.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by Neaeran View Post
    Can't we just ignore those idiots completely? Half of the thread is people getting pissed about these comments. The mods will deal with this.

Good to hear some "real" news from someone in Japan. At least the nuclear danger seems to be avoided.
    Exactly, let the mods handle the asinine comments. If you must you can inform the mods of a stupid poster but don't give their comments undo attention by quoting it a hundred times.

-----------------------------------

I'm doing the text donation.
    Everything's Eventual...

God I am a father myself and that video is just heartbreaking, I really hope this man's family turns out alright. Thanks for showing this Greg, this is a lot better than the half-assed news reports around here to understand the suffering of those people.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    [youtube]MWG6xG-EJhk[/youtube]
    Please contact charitable organizations as physically/financially possible.
    Oh Man, My Heart Sank Like 10 Feet.

Already Donated $100 to Red Cross, Will Donate another $40 to Zach's Podcast Thing. Sorry Guys, I REALLY wish I could do more to help financially, but that's the most I can spend. I am a College Student too.

EDIT: Changed my Signature To Support The Cause
    Last edited by Rogues' Gallery; March 12th, 2011 at 06:44 PM.

Novel I'm working on: The Dutchman
    Chapters Completed: 1!!
    Twitch / Blogspot

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    I'm in venezuela, I should go to the japanesse embasy and ask if there's something that I can do. I didn't do a thing while Haiti, Katrina, Chile, and only bought some baby food and water in the local floods last december.
    Embassies are good places to go if you want to help and don't have other resources -- they will usually take yuor local currency and usually have lists of local aid organizations for donation of supplies, etc.

Also, check el Universal -- they appear to have thorough coverage of the quake and will probably list some local relief/donation/etc sites on their main page eventually too:

http://www.eluniversal.com/index.html

Good luck!
    "Over-thinking,
    over-analyzing ..."

......-- Tool (from Lateralus)

Is it true you can't donate blood if you're diabetic?

If so, I guess I can't do that either.

Quote Originally Posted by dinty View Post
    Embassies are good places to go if you want to help and don't have other resources -- they will usually take yuor local currency and usually have lists of local aid organizations for donation of supplies, etc.

Also, check el Universal -- they appear to have thorough coverage of the quake and will probably list some local relief/donation/etc sites on their main page eventually too:

http://www.eluniversal.com/index.html

Good luck!
    Thanks, but nothing yet, the embasy page is still on "japanesse cultural week" as the top news.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopperrules View Post

Well, I'm pre-disposed Geneticaly to be diabetic, I've heard from my father (and uncle) that they can't donate blood because of it. Not sure myself, never checked, it's something that I've heard since I was so young that I've never doubted it.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Diabetics can donate blood since diabetes is a disease condition affecting insulin production which is done in the pancreas. It is not a blood borne disease.

You can't donate blood if you are taking medication for diabetes maintenance such as insulin injections because it will affect the blood sugar levels of the recipients. Acute hypoglycemia is a dreadful state.

I'm pretty sure that's true, I don't even think I can because I take OCD medication, well that's what someone told me, I'll have to check

so the situation is stabilizing now? I hope nothing else happens now, I'll pray for all of you in Japan, and find some way to make any donation I can

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Heso!

I thought for anyone who might be worried about Kappei. He is alright and just put up a message.

http://kappei59.exblog.jp/

I donate and I've been diabetic for almost 13 years. Go ahead and go for it.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

Ok so, I just saw quite a few of the American Facebook and Twitter comments about The earthquake... and how some people seem to think that Japan bombing Pearl Harbor back in WWII somehow makes this tragedy a good thing...

I am now, TRULY, Enraged and ashamed that I'm American.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 ē Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel[/CENTER]

You know, people will be complete monsters. That's just some people. I don't know but I'm more pissed that at the moment, I can't do a single thing besides inform people. It's a strange feeling, I feel helpless, and I really wanna help out.

I'm also a bit sad with half of the people that have the attitude of "Oh, well Japan is on the other side of the world, doesn't matter". I understand about having your own life, I'm not expecting everybody to stop their lives for strangers on the other side of the world, but don't pretend nothing happened, and ridicule those for caring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

It's pretty stupid. People are now spreading around a video that says Japan kills 23,000 dolphins a year and the government allows it. Because of the tidal waves, people are commenting on the video saying that Japan got owned by the dolphins and that they deserved it. It's pretty sad to look at these comments. If anyone want to see them, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6lWBzrGwMM there. I'm not trying to get anyone to comment and flame these people but to see how sad these people are.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information