+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 85 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast

Thread: 9.0 earthquake hits Japan

Default Re: 9.0 earthquake hits Japan GREG AND ODA ARE OKAY

Just heard about the partial meltdown. Geez, that was the last thing anyone needed. Well, I can only hope that their plan to prevent it from going critical works out.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Quote Originally Posted by dinty View Post
    charmedward, in a few days you will probably start seeing local churches and non-profit organizations holding supply fund-raisers where you can donate clothing and diapers and so on. Also, if you have a Japanese market in your area, it's likely they'll have a fundraising campaign soon too -- your pocket change can go there, or you can buy supplies from there to send overseas.
    Thanks Dinty, I'll be sure to look out for those then.
    Just your average Sherlock/Eragon/Game of Thrones/One Piece/Harry Potter/Dr Who/Supernatural fan

My blog: http://companion-in-training.tumblr.com/

Damn, now Japan have a reactor meltdown problem now? This is not good...What are the ideas about this huge problem?

I live in Portugal, does anyone know a way I can help(donate money or something)?
    I really want to help in anyway I can.

I'm trying to keep optimistic about the meltdown with the fact that nowhere else seems to have reported it yet. >.<

The nuclear crisis still continues. Imminent Meltdown underway? Was this confirmed by TV Asahi?

BBC hasn't reported a meltdown, you guys are the only ones I've heard from. Instead BBC is saying the workers will "release radioactive steam from the number three reactor at Fukushima No. 1 plant, after the cooling system failed there."
    Just your average Sherlock/Eragon/Game of Thrones/One Piece/Harry Potter/Dr Who/Supernatural fan

We got that hours ago.

Sorry, I mean they're just repeating that. It looks like it's all they have.

It seems that the boat pumps are insufficient in delivering cool water to the coastline nuclear reactors.

I just saw it posted on MSN about an hour ago. Apparently they're trying to cool the thing down by pumping in sea water, which means they'll have to decomission it thanks to the salt.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Decomission ? I thought that given it was to close anyway, they would close it off immediately when it could be done.

Do they really have other options besides dumping sea water into it? I think it's the best solution to the perilous dangers of a meltdown considering the situation of their roads and available man power as of recent time.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegadesoul View Post
    Do they really have other options besides dumping sea water into it? I think it's the best solution to the perilous dangers of a meltdown considering the situation of their roads and available man power as of recent time.
    America was sending coolant as quickly as possible, but clearly that hasn't worked out.

Has this aid been confirmed to have reached Japan?

Quote Originally Posted by IceBorg View Post
    I live in Portugal, does anyone know a way I can help(donate money or something)?
    I really want to help in anyway I can.
    Iceborg -- many of the donation sites that have already been mentioned can be used from most countries, but if you haven't got a way to pay for things online, then wait a few days and the Portuguese newspapers should soon start mentioning places where you can donate locally. I did a quick check for you of some online Portuguese papers, but couldn't find anything yet (I only know about 3 words of the Portuguese language, and a few of your legendary football/soccer players names -- so my searching wasn't very efficient, but ...)

Good luck!

Here's a start:
    http://www.abyznewslinks.com/portu.htm
    "Over-thinking,
    over-analyzing ..."

......-- Tool (from Lateralus)

Not sure if this is relative to anyone or not, but I spoke to my friend this morning. He is in Okinawa and said the tsunami didn't even reach them. So, if you have friends or family in Okinawa, they should be safe.

A real rain will come... JERK DISEASE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by triforcebih View Post
    At risk of sounding insensitive Pearl Harbor and the US in general are not the thing to compare here.
    1. Ace (), 2. WB (), 3. BB (X), 4. Perona () 5. Boa () 6. Jimbei (???), 7. Sabo lives (), 8. Timeskip ()

Are aftershocks still being experience now?

Quote Originally Posted by dinty View Post
    Iceborg -- many of the donation sites that have already been mentioned can be used from most countries, but if you haven't got a way to pay for things online, then wait a few days and the Portuguese newspapers should soon start mentioning places where you can donate locally. I did a quick check for you of some online Portuguese papers, but couldn't find anything yet (I only know about 3 words of the Portuguese language, and a few of your legendary football/soccer players names -- so my searching wasn't very efficient, but ...)

Good luck!

Here's a start:
    http://www.abyznewslinks.com/portu.htm
    I can pay online I just want to know a site all people can use, I just havenīt been keeping up with this thread, but thanks anyways.

Canīt some mods update the first post with links to donations sites, it would really help.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information