+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 85 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast

Thread: 9.0 earthquake hits Japan

Default Re: 9.0 earthquake hits Japan GREG AND ODA ARE OKAY

Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    Yeah, I told one of my friends once that I was taking German classes and he was like "But... Germans are Nazis!"

it's pretty retarded
    ....Do these people take meth, or some type of drug every hour or so? I find it hard to believe how dumb a person could possibly be, and this is pushing my realm of belief right here with calling all Germans Nazis and saying this earthquake's payback for Pearl Harbor.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliblord View Post
    Prepare to puke.

According to some of the idiot Facebook generation, modern Japanese should have to pay for Pearl Harbor.
    Do you have any reasonable replies that were posted in response to this idiocy ?

I hope Annonymous finds out about these assholes and gives them what they deserve.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Sadly, I'm not surprised about idiots taking sadistic glee for "revenge" over an event that happened likely before even their parents were a gleam in their grandfather's eye.

Still, I am really worried about Fukashima's reactor. I know another Chernobyl is not likely, but it could be more dangerous then any aftershock.

You know what chafes the most? Around half of those hateful comments have "X people like this." Not only do those people's friends not call them out on it, they agree with them. One of them had EIGHT likes. How fucking despicable.

I hope Annonymous finds out about these assholes and gives them what they deserve.
    anon will probably send them all medals

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

What's Annonymous ?

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...earthquake-goo

There we go. That's the guy who started the whole Twitter fiasco. What an insensitive prick.
    "Oh. I take it back now that I realized it's a sensitive issue, and I'm getting flack for it instead of laughs."
    Bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    What's Annonymous ?
    Annonymous people from 4chan :o ? I think

R.I.P BFBC2
    Salute! A hero.

Yesterday I woke up in the morning. First thing I had done was turning on my web browser with google homepage. Thats when I saw the alert about tsunami. Then going to a live news coverage I was watching as the waves were rushing through the fields in Japan. Just watching that, it was horrifying. I felt helpless...

My earnest condolances to the Japanese people, and a heartfelt wishes for happy, blissful times and speedy recovery.
    Also I would like to express my great appreciation for the Japanese genius in architecture which most definitely prevented many cassualties.

It doesn't matter whether these fall into 2012 predictions or not, though I do believe they do.

All that matters is helping those who survived. Even if the world was going to end, what the hell could we do about it anyway?

Guys, ya know what I think ? I wish the thread would just carry on like this. With no one posting anything big and only small news about local help and conditions and whatnot.

Or rather: with no one having to post anything big due to a lack thereof.

As much as I don't like the insensitive comments some people are making I wouldn't want to hurt them. There's no good reason

Dated Sarah Silverman. Explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by sanji499 View Post
    I wonder what was Bale's reaction when the stunt double broke the imax camera?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    In the United States we don't have much manga around, specifically One Piece, and mainly the newer chapters - Jan 2011

Mother-

And based on the article I'm a little confused who to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    anon will probably send them all medals
    One anon made this:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/lv?a...n&f=true&gid=1

Confirmed industry people search.

No....

It cant be.

oh for the love of- I swear sometimes i`m embarrassed to be an american honestly.Who cares about something that happen 70 years ago it doesnt affect the people now ugh anyway i give my sorrows to japan,speaking as a disaster victom myself(hurricane katrina)i know they will be able to ise above this and become stronger as a country good luck japan i`ll be preying for you.

Wild Seven, Greg -- Thanks for the informative updates, tv video images, and good to hear you're safe. Do your best to stay that way! (Props to you and Steven for establishing the English link, too).

I've got a friend near Sapporo that I'm concerned about, so your info about the North was helpful -- hopefully it's just electrical outages that she's struggling with right now and nothing worse, but ... looks like that area got a 4.9 aftershock recently. I've been through a few 4-ish earthquakes in CA, and they are damn scary. I can't even imagine what it must be like to experience an 8 or 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    If this is a rumour, then why the hell the wikipedia... nevermind... those assholes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flux View Post
    It originated on Twitter where Bill Cosby has died 4 times.
    Folks, one of the key things to understand about Wikipedia, Twitter, Facebook, and any other site where information is immediate and unfiltered is this: you've got to assume that everything written there is "false until proven otherwise".

This is not to say that everyone lies on those sites, but some do -- and many more don't realize that they are not telling the full truth -- and didn't intend to deceive people either -- but in the heat of the moment, they accidentally misheard something or misread something or misinterpreted something and put that inaccuracy online.

So by all means check those sites -- they do often break important news stories faster than conventional news does -- but don't forget to remind yourself: "who is this person? do I trust them? Have they given me accurate info before? etc.

Just as you do with OP spoilers every week -- ignore the noise and focus your attention in the reliable sources: the people who have good track-records and level heads in a crisis and preferably some journalism or research experience, too.

Piratemarimo, please don't lose hope. It's very difficult, but as ponx has said, it's only been a day, and your grandmother may be in a shelter and unable to contact you. Don't be afraid to show your mother your tears -- a good long hug and cry together is probably what both of you need most right now -- but don't lose your hope.

Quote Originally Posted by charmedward View Post
    Just found out I'm a year too young to give blood. Has anyone else considered this? I'm trying to think of what I can do; but with nothing but loose change it's hard to help...
    charmedward, in a few days you will probably start seeing local churches and non-profit organizations holding supply fund-raisers where you can donate clothing and diapers and so on. Also, if you have a Japanese market in your area, it's likely they'll have a fundraising campaign soon too -- your pocket change can go there, or you can buy supplies from there to send overseas.
    "Over-thinking,
    over-analyzing ..."

......-- Tool (from Lateralus)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information