+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 85 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 ... LastLast

Thread: 9.0 earthquake hits Japan

Default Re: 9.0 earthquake hits Japan

Quote Originally Posted by mdmartin101 View Post
    OK, I'm disgusted now. Pearl Harbor is trending on Twitter, and the top tweet for it was someone saying "Hey Japan, google 'Pearl Harbor' Death toll".

Seriously America?
    You just can't really change human nature, unfortunately.

It all depends on the choices and circumstances of the actual individual.

Concerning the earthquake and tsunami that devastated the east coast of Japan, however, that is indeed excruciatingly tragic; hopefully, as much people survived as it was possible, and that they'll recover from this tragedy soon, without any more nightmarish experiences.
    Last edited by DyranLK; March 11th, 2011 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Added the quote of the post I was...referring to..

thatīs how it goes. americans love themselves too much and have no mercy on you when shit happens on you that nobody could control. but when shit happens on them itīs all.

Look at me! this is horrible, sympathize with me. i have done nothing to deserve this.

only when it affects them. youīll see them stopping with jokes and offer moral support.

i even saw someone making a kanye west joke.

it went something along the lines of this

`Yo Japan. I'm really happy for you and imma let you finish, but Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time, OF ALL TIME!`

ugh
    Spoiler:

OK, I'm disgusted now. Pearl Harbor is trending on Twitter, and the top tweet for it was someone saying "Hey Japan, google 'Pearl Harbor' Death toll".

Seriously America?
    Do these people need a history lesson? Have they forgotten that America dropped two nuclear bombs on Japan at the end of World War II?

Quote Originally Posted by Sefal View Post
    thatīs how it goes. americans love themselves too much and have no mercy on you when shit happens on you that nobody could control. but when shit happens on them itīs all.

Look at me! this is horrible, sympathize with me. i have done nothing to deserve this.

only when it affects them. youīll see them stopping with jokes and offer moral support.

`Yo Japan. I'm really happy for you and imma let you finish, but Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time, OF ALL TIME!`

ugh
    Apparently, I heard a writer for Family Guy started the trend or something. I always did say Family Guy's writers were pretty horrible lately, and now I can say one of them is terrible at both his job and life.

Edit: That's what I've heard from Twitter posts anyway.
    Last edited by Zack; March 11th, 2011 at 05:16 PM.

If I see anymore of these tasteless posts I'm going to just start handing out thread bans, because it's easier than simply deleting posts. You guys should know better this late in the thread.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Quote Originally Posted by Sefal View Post

ugh
    Why are you grouping every American together for the idiocy of a few individuals? You're simply putting Americans in a general perspective and stereotype over some twitter trend and a few FB posts while ignoring all the wishes, condolences, and heart felt sympathy many Americans are expressing right now. Aid and money all being sent from America and many other countries shows we're not so in love with ourselves and "have no mercy when shit happens".

Edit: Moving on then, I hope my old pen pal in Japan and her family are safe. I haven't written to her in a while but I think I'll remedy that.
    Everything's Eventual...

Intelligence Department, Novus Orbis Librarium

Quote Originally Posted by Jozen View Post
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/tbstv

Apparently, these are no after-shocks but 2 new major earthquakes with different epi centers, one in Nagano (northwestern part of Honshu) and one in eastern Japan (around Ibaraki Prefecture). Because of that, there is also a Tsunami warning for every coastal region in Japan.

Can't believe this is still ongoing...
    I'm so fucking scared right now. My dad's ship (he's a seafarer) is incoming to Japan today. We haven't heard any news about him because we can't contact their agency since yesterday, and now this...

I don't know if I can even sleep tonight...
    "Yes, I'm only bones, but that's because I have an interest... in dieting."

-Gentleman Skeleton Brook

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Fool View Post
    I'm so fucking scared right now. My dad's ship (he's a seafarer) is incoming to Japan today. We haven't heard any news about him since we can't contact their agency since yesterday, and now this...

That's bothersome. Hope he'll be fine.

Seriously America?
    Hey don't lump all of us together with some jackass. Every country has idiots you know. So one random idiot does not represent every or even close to the vast majority of americans.
    I am what I think and think what I am.

I'm so fucking scared right now. My dad's ship (he's a seafarer) is incoming to Japan today. We haven't heard any news about him because we can't contact their agency since yesterday, and now this...

Well, they have a person finder to try and find people's status, but I doubt it'll actually be of any help in this case. I hope your dad turns out alright.

is greg and oda ok?

Sick_Fool, do you know which port his ship was due to arrive at? And the estimated arrival time? What sort of boat he was on? You may be able to find out information from the port if not from the agency. I'll be glad to help you with that if I can.

Without that info, I wasn't able to find much online -- but I did find one article on CNN about cruise ships that said: "experts say the open seas are the best place to be if you're on a ship in a tsunami-threatened region."

So here's hoping that your father's boat didn't attempt to go to port, or if it did, that it opted for a more protected area.

Here's the cruise ship article:
    http://www.cnn.com/2011/TRAVEL/03/11....cruise.ships/
    Last edited by dinty; March 11th, 2011 at 05:49 PM. Reason: edited for better clarity
    "Over-thinking,
    over-analyzing ..."

......-- Tool (from Lateralus)

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfrost View Post
    is greg and oda ok?
    Goddamnit, edit the first post already, please!

Oda and Greg are okay and that's all that matters. =) =) =)

Shut up.

♥ Friendship is Rainbows ♫♪ RageaSarus's Avatar

You're not helping.

Rather than asking here every few posts, anyone who wonders about the current situation of an artist, creator, etc. can follow this list as it keeps getting updated frequently as they get news from them.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...in-after-quake

From some of the tweets I could understand, there's still a connection problem but the ones who can connect try to inform people of their situation.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfrost View Post
    is greg and oda ok?
    Greg has posted here, it's around the first pages. Thankfully they seem to be ok.

I'm so sorry to hear that, I hope you can contact him soon!

♥ Friendship is Rainbows ♫♪ RageaSarus's Avatar

Default Re: 9.0 earthquake hits Japan GREG AND ODA ARE OKAY

...and you Mods aren't either.

shut up

First post edited. No excuses now.

And sending some good vibes your way Sick_Fool. Can't imagine how nervewracking that must be for you.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information