14 7.33%
  • Blues

8 4.19%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The Music Genre You HATE

Default Re: The Music Genre You HATE

By the way, everyone is going on about country and metal, but what about dubstep and drum n bass? They're not even included in the poll though I assume there are lots of people who strongly dislike them, no?

Quote Originally Posted by captain usopp View Post
    and nerdcore huh. hate on me if you will but
    [youtube]XmaltChJnV0&feature=related[/youtube]
    Not nerdcore, not nerdcore hip hop. Doesn't even have much in common at all with what we were stating a dislike for. I can't speak for Zephos opinion, but it's quite the opposite in that I like some many players in that doujin game music cover scene.

You should be able to infer the differences in what is being done pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by SympathyX View Post
    Oh come on, were trying to improve the name of metal. Don't post Trivium. If you think that's metal then you need to listen to some Megadeth and Anthrax.

Now.

They have fans? People even know who they are anymore?

Have they even done anything in over 10 years?
    actually that song is the only one from trivium (it shucks) i like i listen to all kinds of non screaming metal

also megadeth is awesome and korpiklaani and others

edit: also this [YOUTUBE]--i3pwGGabE[/YOUTUBE]

Someone here hates soul music... how the fuck could anyone outright hate soul? I'm shocked here.

Quote Originally Posted by captain usopp View Post
    ooh. this is new to me. i'll look it up later. remind me.

and nerdcore huh. hate on me if you will but
    [youtube]XmaltChJnV0&feature=related[/youtube]
    Not nerdcore, it's doujin rock or whatever it's called.
    Also, the only version of Okkusenman that matters:
    [YOUTUBE]Ls7oOxUBbYQ[/YOUTUBE]

An example of nerdcore:
    [YOUTUBE]QCJ0-hyJ-YM[/YOUTUBE]
    Last edited by Dark Lord Zenigame; March 3rd, 2011 at 09:18 AM. Reason: anison/game/toku music's pretty much all I listen to regularly...
    この世に悪があるとすればそれは人の心だ。

I like Trivium. They have outstanding guitar work and their sound is somewhat unique (talking about the newest album here). In general I don't get the condescendence and hate Metalcore gets. Maybe it's because it was the first metal sub genre I listened to but I like it (Killswitch Engage, Unearth or Threat Signal for example are all great and talented). Is it the association with eyeliner wearing screamo/part emo bands who like to call themselves Metalcore? Or the mainly teenage fanbase?

@The Insane Clown Posse
    I can't imagine someone listening to it for another reason than to laugh about the fact that they're actually being serious about their music.

Still though anyone who doesn't like Metal because of "screaming".

Total bullshit if you ask me. There are always atleast 3 other things to listen to in a band. The voice is just one instrument of many.

I don't even particularly like "screaming" or "grunting" as such but it's just complimentary to certain bands.
    Exactly the argument I've made time and time again. Vocals are just another instrument and, in extreme metal, they are used as percussion more than melody. Now there are some vocals that are just plain bad (deathcore grunting is most of it), but they are bad in the same way any other instrument can be bad.

I'm going to have to read through this thread carefully when I have the time, so I can educate some folks. Personally, I find that there is no genre I can't get into. I can't say I like everything, but the music I dislike is really just peanuts (deathcore, post-grunge). I love variety in my music, though, and try to spread the love (one of my radio shows is all about diverse music. I've played transitions from pop to folk to reggae to death metal). If you open your mind, you'll find that there's a time and place for almost anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Iceburg View Post
    By the way, everyone is going on about country and metal, but what about dubstep and drum n bass? They're not even included in the poll though I assume there are lots of people who strongly dislike them, no?
    They fall under the murky waters of electronic. Subgenre filing is a nightmare in there.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Quote Originally Posted by Chocula View Post
    I like Trivium. They have outstanding guitar work and their sound is somewhat unique (talking about the newest album here). In general I don't get the condescendence and hate Metalcore gets. Maybe it's because it was the first metal sub genre I listened to but I like it (Killswitch Engage, Unearth or Threat Signal for example are all great and talented). Is it the association with eyeliner wearing screamo/part emo bands who like to call themselves Metalcore? Or the mainly teenage fanbase?
    The lack of imagination, skill and sameyness is what gets me about metalcore. Beyond maybe Shadows Fall or perhaps Killswitch Engage, I couldn't see the point of listening to any other band.

I've got in big for Trivium mainly because of their shameless rip-offs of great Anthrax and Megadeth riffs. Again, since those bands do it so well, why listen to Trivium?

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    Exactly the argument I've made time and time again. Vocals are just another instrument and, in extreme metal, they are used as percussion more than melody. Now there are some vocals that are just plain bad (deathcore grunting is most of it), but they are bad in the same way any other instrument can be bad.

I'm going to have to read through this thread carefully when I have the time, so I can educate some folks. Personally, I find that there is no genre I can't get into. I can't say I like everything, but the music I dislike is really just peanuts (deathcore, post-grunge). I love variety in my music, though, and try to spread the love (one of my radio shows is all about diverse music. I've played transitions from pop to folk to reggae to death metal). If you open your mind, you'll find that there's a time and place for almost anything.
    I think the main thing is that non mainstream music takes not only a different way of listening, , it's a different way of thinking. Most people coming off of rap or pop have fuck all to work with beyond the vocals and if THAT isn't exactly to the standard that they're used to they disregard the entire thing.

XBL: SympathyX PSN: CTD-SympathyX 3DS: 0344-9267-0120
    Quote Originally Posted by tori22 View Post
    I would say that some of them do u guys are just biass because it's not from the manga. If the filler arc was in the manga then I bet u guys would love it.

I think it's clear that most of the people voting country have not actually heard a lot of country.

Also, is this nerdcore?

[youtube]EvB-lIcHHPQ[/youtube]

The lack of imagination, skill and sameyness is what gets me about metalcore. Beyond maybe Shadows Fall or perhaps Killswitch Engage, I couldn't see the point of listening to any other band.
    How can you say that bands like these lack skill?
    Spoiler:
    [youtube]cGKFhXa8n_c[/youtube]
    [youtube]85iMAm18oRc[/youtube]
    [youtube]PzN0YpclSRk[/youtube]
    [youtube]QcsM9eiZHaM[/youtube]

I understand how you could think that many Metalcore riffs sound alike and that it might get boring but you can't deny the great melodic parts, the outstanding guitar riffs (just listen to some more Unearth) or the wide range of vocals. You just gotta find the right bands.

You must hate thrash metal if you find metalcore monotonous.
    I've got in big for Trivium mainly because of their shameless rip-offs of great Anthrax and Megadeth riffs. Again, since those bands do it so well, why listen to Trivium?
    Because they have developed a fairly unique style over the years and they are young and talented. I mean, they were mostly 17 when their first album was released and the guitars were already amazing. The riffs and vocals really differ from their older stuff now.

You must hate thrash metal if you find metalcore monotonous.
    Not at all, but I'm incredibly specific with it.

Love bands like Testament and Municipal Waste but a lot of the shit can sound near identical. Metalcore's just not for me and never has been dude. I think skill was a bad word. I think I meant more like the skill to do anything particularly different and varied.

I would say that some of them do u guys are just biass because it's not from the manga. If the filler arc was in the manga then I bet u guys would love it.

Stay foxy out there! Kitsune Inferno's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    I think it's clear that most of the people voting country have not actually heard a lot of country.
    This. Shame the genre's dragged down by most of the shit that's come out post-2000. I still regret my post not posting >_>

Shouldn't have clicked anything, I feel nothing towards the Electronic genre but dispassionate apathy. Now that I've actually thought about it a bit I realised that there's a fair few electronic acts I like (though I feel this has more to do with the broadness of the genre). I just felt I had to click something. And I still do.

erm I don't really like any ska but I find it all hilarious. And I haven't really listened to much anyway.

I don't really like j-pop...except for the few songs I do :/

I think I'm way to happy about music to actually dislike a genre.

Not at all, but I'm incredibly specific with it.

Love bands like Testament and Municipal Waste but a lot of the shit can sound near identical. Metalcore's just not for me and never has been dude. I think skill was a bad word. I think I meant more like the skill to do anything particularly different and varied.
    Yeah, I can relate to being picky. I just don't get why so many people would automatically dismiss a whole genre even though it's clearly similar to their favourite genres and should be appealing to many metal fans. I hated Testament when I was younger and my brother listened to it. It's grown on me though. Even the new album (F.E.A.R is awesome).

I actually regret voting it because I definitely don't hate it as a genre but the sound is just not for me. I mainly dislike the beats and the instruments. Plus, it's one of these genres that are incredibly cheesy most of the time. There are a few songs I partially enjoy and it has shown me that the genre has its good sides. However as a whole, it is one of my least favourite types of music.

I've listened to a fair amount of Country btw. A friend of mine really digs it.

Yeah, I can relate to being picky. I just don't get why so many people would automatically dismiss a whole genre even though it's clearly similar to their favourite genres and should be appealing to many metal fans. I hated Testament when I was younger and my brother listened to it. It's grown on me though. Even the new album (F.E.A.R is awesome)
    Believe, your not the first who has tried to get me into Metalcore and I used to be in a band with 2 or 3 people who loved it. Couldn't stick it then and still can't. My dislike for it is anything but automatic.

For Testament though, DEFINITELY check out First Strike Still Deadly. Such a good album. If there was ever a reason to love thrash, it's that album.

Anyway, fuck. Let's have some fusion in here. No one's really talked about that yet.

[YOUTUBE]MZAaSwtVjGk&[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]5pyFxTbJERc[/YOUTUBE]

Tell me any other genre of music is this easy to fuse with others.

Weather Report is all the fusion you need.
    sixteen characters of nope

They're completely different types of fusion though...

Are you denying the power of Weather Report.
    I'm denying that it's all I need.

Diablo Swing Orchestra are fucking godlike.

sixteen characters of nope
    [youtube]pqashW66D7o[/youtube]

But...This is gold...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information