14 7.33%
  • Blues

8 4.19%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Music Genre You HATE

Default Re: The Music Genre You HATE

Still though anyone who doesn't like Metal because of "screaming".

Total bullshit if you ask me. There are always atleast 3 other things to listen to in a band. The voice is just one instrument of many.

I don't even particularly like "screaming" or "grunting" as such but it's just complimentary to certain bands.

[YOUTUBE]Yom8nNqmxvQ[/YOUTUBE]

Even if you don't like the vocals in a band like Equilibrium, the music is a fucking incredible melodic mix of speed, power and folk and it deserves more than just turning off just because you hate one of the instruments. Maybe it's a bit of an extreme example for the uninitiated but it's still pretty awesome. It's not like I could understand him if he wasn't screaming anyway though since he's doing it in German. Even though I'm not really into that style though, I wouldn't change the vocals at all. Totally complementary to the music.

Trying not to turn this into the metal defence force but I cant help but feel it got a lot of votes just for a lot of the stupid mainstream image rather than what the genre's actually about.

Can't understand how anyone could vote against Soul or Blues either. Fucking amazing genres.
    Last edited by SympathyX; March 3rd, 2011 at 07:06 AM.

XBL: SympathyX PSN: CTD-SympathyX 3DS: 0344-9267-0120
    Quote Originally Posted by tori22 View Post
    I would say that some of them do u guys are just biass because it's not from the manga. If the filler arc was in the manga then I bet u guys would love it.

One of the few things I really hate are all these autotune club anthems from The Black Eyed Peas, Enrique Iglesias, Far East Movement, Kesha, T-Pain, Flo Rida etc. (TBEP are definitely the worst btw). What's really bad is the fact that all my friends seem to really enjoy this kind of music while dismissing and ignoring my kind of music (which is mostly metal) without having listened to one complete song. I put up with their club shit everytime we party and they can't listen to one metal song. Alright, enough about music nazis.

What I really wanted to say:
    Wogamu has basically said everything I wanted to say to defend black/death metal. I really love the shouting and I can't describe why, better than he did. I started listening to Metalcore and melodic death metal when I was young. Stuff like this:
    Spoiler:
    [youtube]O1FkbvGl-IU[/youtube]
    [youtube]cvw1LcfLiN8[/youtube]

At first I just liked the clean vocals and the riffs so the choruses where kind of easing after the shouting in the verses. However, I started to appreciate the shouting more and more. There are so many different kinds of shouting that you can't dismiss all of it altogether after just a few songs by one band.

Well, other than metal I like a lot of artists from other genres.
    I grew up with Bach, Mozart and The Beatles and I still think that's the best music in the world. Plus, I really like hip hop (like Nas, Run-DMC, 2Pac or Jay-Z).

So I'm pretty much ignoring all these walls of ignorance many people put up nowadays. It's really hard to say you hate a genre. There's always some artist or sub-genre you might enjoy.
    Last edited by Chocula; March 3rd, 2011 at 07:47 AM.

King of One Piece Parody Sonic Youth's Avatar

Country and Hip-Hop hate? Nigga be trippin'...

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Latin hiphop, reggee, whatever it's called. I'm not of that ethnicity, i can't understand whats saying. I'm sure it's just blind ignorance that makes me dislike it but i cannot fucking stand listening to it.
    Last edited by Yonkou#3; March 3rd, 2011 at 07:53 AM.

wow, my preconceived notions have been blown away. I thought everyone my gen and after loved hip hop and heavy metal. I'm not big into music, but I know what I do and don't like. And yes, I know there are exceptions to everything.

I don't like country. sounds like a boring nursery rhyme with a guitar.

I don't like hip hop. I liked how Mr.333 put it. And yes, I seen jerk disease rip the argument apart. I don't like ANY song that talks like that. It seems to be predominant in hip hop though. That's what it's widely known for. (I did enjoy that pants on the ground song from american idol though. lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.333 View Post
    Okay, if that's what you want (and you'll probably flame me later)....

I don't know if this would be included in the "Hip-Hop" section or is an entire sub-section in of itself, but I absolutely abhor "Ghetto, degrading rap music". I wouldn't even call it music. I'm 100% all for the old school soul, jazz, & blues, but rap.....I mean, goddamn. What I hate most is always the lyrics. I recall hearing from a friend one time how rap music was used so individuals could tell stories of their past struggles on the streets in a more rhythmic fashion, but there's a major a difference between pouring your soul and hardships into your music and lyrics like:

"Shut up bitch swallow
    If you can't swallow
    Shut up bitch gargle"

"Cuz im the shit
    Up in this bitch"

and

"So I pick the world up and I'ma drop it on your fuckin head
    Bitch I'ma pick the World up and Iíma drop it on your fuckin head"

Jesus Christ. It's utterly mortifying how absolutely degrading the rap genre is to everyday women, but also equally infuriating how most rappers have such a sense of downright, cocky, arrogant attitudes; so full of themselves in their own over-inflated egos, thinking that they really are "the shit" and that's why they can act the way they do and treat/degrade women the way they do in their lyrics. I mean, just look at Kanye West, proudly declaring that he was going to be "better than Elvis himself". Honestly people, do you really think that Elvis would have acted/treated Taylor swift in the same manner as Kayne did that infamous night? No, because Elvis had class. He would have NEVER treated anyone, much less a fellow upcoming musician like that. REAL musicians don't need to use bad publicity or foul words like "nigga" "pussy" "cock" "bitch" and "muthafucka", to produce and sell good music. They have a natural respect and talent of their own.

I truly miss the fiery soul and passion of, well, Soul/Jazz/Blues.
    I don't like metal.
    Quote Originally Posted by SympathyX View Post
    Still though anyone who doesn't like Metal because of "screaming".

Total bullshit if you ask me. There are always atleast 3 other things to listen to in a band. The voice is just one instrument of many.

I don't even particularly like "screaming" or "grunting" as such but it's just complimentary to certain bands.
    yes, but it's kind of hard to listen to the music, when someone is screaming isn't it. music isn';t always good in this genre anyways. just loud noise to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Zenigame View Post
    I can find examples of something I like in just about every genre of music I know of, except ska.

I can not fucking stand ska.

Even something like Kamen Rider OOO's opening theme, which isn't totally ska, is actually decently sung, and is catchy as fuck, I still fucking hate because it's just ska enough to gnaw at my soul.
    ooh. this is new to me. i'll look it up later. remind me.

and nerdcore huh. hate on me if you will but
    [youtube]XmaltChJnV0&feature=related[/youtube]

I enjoy some rap, I know Zephos posted a few songs for me and I liked some of them. Jedi Mind Tricks is generally good. I don't mind the overuse of swearing as long as it has somewhat of a point to it.

Quote Originally Posted by captain usopp View Post
    I don't like metal.
    yes, but it's kind of hard to listen to the music, when someone is screaming isn't it. music isn';t always good in this genre anyways. just loud noise to me
    Nope. Not hard at all. Totally unfair to disregard a band because of just one aspect. Sure the music isn't always good, but I'd only listen to the stuff which I deemed was good.

Anyway, "noise" as a lot of people put it can be put to good melodic use.
    [YOUTUBE]8d89dFAOKJs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]H5BqyluKkk0[/YOUTUBE]

Quote Originally Posted by Chocula View Post
    I started listening to Metalcore and melodic death metal when I was young. Stuff like this:
    Spoiler:
    Would have been much better if you had posted a non-shite era In Flames track. They aren't even remotely melodic death anymore.

Anyway, to anyone that thinks that metal is just screaming:
    [YOUTUBE]hYqWJQCptV0[/YOUTUBE]

I would say that some of them do u guys are just biass because it's not from the manga. If the filler arc was in the manga then I bet u guys would love it.

One of the few things I really hate are all these autotune club anthems from The Black Eyed Peas, Enrique Iglesias, Far East Movement, Kesha, T-Pain, Flo Rida etc. (TBEP are definitely the worst btw). What's really bad is the fact that all my friends seem to really enjoy this kind of music while dismissing and ignoring my kind of music (which is mostly metal) without having listened to one complete song. I put up with their club shit everytime we party and they can't listen to one metal song. Alright, enough about music nazis.

What I really wanted to say:
    Wogamu has basically said everything I wanted to say to defend black/death metal. I really love the shouting and I can't describe why, better than he did. I started listening to Metalcore and melodic death metal when I was young. Stuff like this:
    Spoiler:

At first I just liked the clean vocals and the riffs so the choruses where kind of easing after the shouting in the verses. However, I started to appreciate the shouting more and more. There are so many different kinds of shouting that you can't dismiss all of it altogether after just a few songs by one band.

Well, other than metal I like a lot of artists from other genres.
    I grew up with Bach, Mozart and The Beatles and I still think that's the best music in the world. Plus, I really like hip hop (like Nas, Run-DMC, 2Pac or Jay-Z).

So I'm pretty much ignoring all these walls of ignorance many people put up nowadays. It's really hard to say you hate a genre. There's always some artist or sub-genre you might enjoy.

+1000000. Add David Guetta in there. And Gaga while you're at it.

It's funny people say Gaga is as good as Madonna.

Spoiler:
    [YOUTUBE]XS088Opj9o0[/YOUTUBE]

Gaga is 1000 light years away from this. And that's coming from a metalhead.

On the Metal's defense, eat this growling mothefucker. Then I dare you to say it's bad. In any way. Even in the singing itself. I double dare you to tell me that it's "bad".

Spoiler:
    [YOUTUBE]aATt3Uv2xY8[/YOUTUBE]

Opeth are the only "death metal" band that could easily out melody the fucking Beatles

Would have been much better if you had posted a non-shite era In Flames track. They aren't even remotely melodic death anymore.
    Yeah, I know but 'Come Clarity' was one of the first metal albums I bought and it got me into the heavier stuff my brother listened too. Plus, I wanted to post one of the bands that made me appreciate shouting. Now, I like their old stuff more but I still think it's a good album. 'A Sense of Purpose' however, is complete shit.

Yeah, I know but 'Come Clarity' was one of the first metal albums I bought and it got me into the heavier stuff my brother listened too. Plus, I wanted to post one of the bands that made me appreciate shouting. Now, I like their old stuff more but I still think it's a good album. 'A Sense of Purpose' however, is complete shit.
    Soundtrack to Your Escape is one of the most disappointing albums to darken music stores. What a drop in quality. A Sense of Purpose is bad... but it isn't that bad.

Need some Whoracle and Colony up in this bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by captain usopp View Post
    I don't like country. sounds like a boring nursery rhyme with a guitar.
    [YOUTUBE]1YkMcauMmIY[/YOUTUBE]

BORING NURSEY RHYME WITH A GUITAR

Soundtrack to Your Escape is one of the most disappointing albums to darken music stores. What a drop in quality. A Sense of Purpose is bad... but it isn't that bad.

Need some Whoracle and Colony up in this bitch!
    Oh fuck, I forgot about 'Soundtrack to your Escape'. I listened to it once and immediately hated the keyboards and the vocals. 'Come Clarity' is definitely an improvement. 'A Sense of Purpose' is too, but I just hate how weird and "whiny" (can't think of a better word) Anders sounds. He's not shouting the way he used to. And I also think the songs are all very similar and the album just get's boring really fast. 'The Mirror's Truth' is not bad though.

@Cyan D. Funk
    Even though I don't like the typical country beat and the violin, I really love the guy's voice and the lyrics.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    [YOUTUBE]1YkMcauMmIY[/YOUTUBE]

BORING NURSEY RHYME WITH A GUITAR
    I don't get if thats meant to be proving or disproving the nursery rhyme thing.

But I can't help but think that it's being sung by:

Oh fuck, I forgot about 'Soundtrack to your Escape'. I listened to it once and immediately hated the keyboards and the vocals. 'Come Clarity' is definitely an improvement. 'A Sense of Purpose' is too, but I just hate how weird and "whiny" (can't think of a better word) Anders sounds. He's not shouting the way he used to. And I also think the songs are all very similar and the album just get's boring really fast. 'The Mirror's Truth' is not bad though.
    Terrible thing was that I saw them at Wacken 09 and the only remotely old song they played Only For The Weak. ...and I don't even really like that one. They won't really get better again, same goes for Children of Bodom. I think the best is to just accept what was. And atleast Bodom are still good live.

those who say that screaming metal sucks should listen to this [youtube]pYKNm4qMJTc[/youtube]
    also i dislike electronic music because it seems too repetitive

The Ugly never die loneassassin's Avatar
    A solid gold house with a rocket car in front

agree with the autotune talk above. Also, since I do not associate their music with rap, anything by Insane Clown Posse moslty on the account of their music being shit and that 99% of their fans are some of the worst human beings on Earth.

other than that Ilike everything.

If you are gonna shoot, shoot. Don't talk
    RIP Eli Wallach

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0518-6166

Quote Originally Posted by stiv29 View Post
    those who say that screaming metal sucks should listen to this [/youtube]pYKNm4qMJTc[/youtube]
    also i dislike electronic music because it seems too repetitive
    Oh come on, were trying to improve the name of metal. Don't post Trivium. If you think that's metal then you need to listen to some Megadeth and Anthrax.

Now.

Quote Originally Posted by loneassassin View Post
    agree with the autotune talk above. Also, since I do not associate their music with rap, anything by Insane Clown Posse moslty on the account of their music being shit and that 99% of their fans are some of the worst human beings on Earth.

other than that Ilike everything.
    They have fans? People even know who they are anymore?

Have they even done anything in over 10 years?

THIS is In Flames. What they are doing since, what? 2000? 2002? Is metalcore crap.

Spoiler:
    [YOUTUBE]Www8xkA3SNo[/YOUTUBE]

I'm not a fan of Country, but Cyan posted a live show of some insanely talented guys. Brad Paisley?

Some good music in there.

Also, Stephen's videos. . .sincerely, wtf. I stood for 1 minute straight, not knowing what to say. After that, I started laughing like an idiot at the supreme madness that was unleashing before me.

I'm not a fan of such EXTREME metal, but these guys got balls the size of fucking New York City. That's crazy beyond believe.

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    THIS is In Flames. What they are doing since, what? 2000? 2002? Is metalcore crap.

Spoiler:
    [YOUTUBE]Www8xkA3SNo[/YOUTUBE]
    Now were fucking talking! Dat Neo-classical solo! Time for some Jotun on my end I think.

No voting for me but lol, somebody voted all genres.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Iceburg View Post
    To be honest, there isn't a single genre that doesn't have at least one artist I like.
    So, I don't have a genre I hate. I can like any kind of music, as long as it has some.. substance in it? As long as there's heart in it, cheesy as that may sound.
    Agreed. As long as music gives me a certain good feeling, I like it nevertheless of the genre.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information