• Blues

8 4.19%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30

Thread: The Music Genre You HATE

Default Re: The Music Genre You HATE

Quote Originally Posted by 1PceXperience View Post
    It's not that I don't find pop revolting or anything .. its just that I don't respect the fact that its not genuine. Sure each genre has its artist that try to just "recreate from the formula", but that's never the foundation of the genre. For pop following the formula IS the foundation. I just can't vibe to that. Formula is the death of a genre.
    I know I made the poll, but Pop really isn't a genre. It's a term that covers such a huge scope of things, including large parts of the actual genres I listed.
    I don't really understand the hatred "Pop" gets when that can cover everything from The Beatles to Kesha.

Plenty of "Pop" is about taking risks. As much as Rock or Jazz or anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    I know I made the poll, but Pop really isn't a genre. It's a term that covers such a huge scope of things, including large parts of the actual genres I listed.
    I don't really understand the hatred "Pop" gets when that can cover everything from The Beatles to Kesha.

Plenty of "Pop" is about taking risks. As much as Rock or Jazz or anything else.
    Many people associate Pop with boy bands and electronic music that expresses nonsensical(I know this isn't the appropriate word, but the word I'm looking for is not coming into my head) verses: "Starships were meant to fly". Today, many would classify the Beatles as Rock and Roll, but artist like Backstreet Boys will probably always be labeled as Pop.

As far as what I define as pop I just don't feel like there's any "soul" in it; as if it weren't human. Rock, Jazz, Hip Hop... they all feel so organic and raw.

Pop on the other hand feels manufactured. It's as if it were an Android: looks human and talks human, but can never truly be human. After all, most pop songs are created not off of expression, but are formulated to be catchy enough. Even Kendrick Lamar admitted this when he was quoting Drake in the song Buried Alive "Woman are like the wine tasters to our music".
    Last edited by 1PceXperience; November 16th, 2012 at 08:24 PM.

Does St Vincent count as pop? I love St Vincent. Though like Monkey King said, it's not really a genre, it's pretty much popular music of any given time.

But there are a lot of pop bands that aren't popular. It has become a genre in its own way.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

I hate Country music. I like a variety of genres but country will never be one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by peleihno View Post
    I hate Country music. I like a variety of genres but country will never be one of them.
    I think bluegrass counts as country. Try listening to some of it.

Hidden:

Or even some folky music. Here's something I just recently found that I love.

And something more stuff
    Hidden:

It's a genre with a near 100-year history, there's got to be something​ you'd like out of it.

I also voted for country (way back when I voted on this poll), but I admit I was really thinking of more mainstream country when I voted. Alternative country is much more enjoyable for me.

For example,

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    Music
    I really enjoyed all of this.

Like Cyan said, country has a long history. There's a lot of stuff in there. Just gotta give it a chance, and you'll surely find something.
    Steam Profile: Sorikai33 | 3DS Friend Code: 2981 6418 0894
    ^Feel free to add me on either^

Sig art by Stjepan Sejic

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information