+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Huāqundo style (Way of the blossoming fist)

Default Huāqundo style (Way of the blossoming fist)

Welcome to the Huaquandao style project!!

Welcome to my second moveset project. I have been putting this on hold for quite some time and now I have FINALLY got around to doing it. The purpose of this one is to see how the Hana Hana no Mi can be used when combined with Chinese martial arts (a.k.a Kung fu or Wushu) Before we start, let it be clear that this project is not about Nico Robin, only the devil fruit. Just wanna get that out there. However, I am going to refer to the user as Robin for simplicity sake. As for the style, here's a description:

Huaquandao (meaning Way of the Blossoming Fist) is a fighting style that combines Chinese martial arts with the powerful abilities of the Hana Hana no Mi. It is a multi-style fighting system that is mainly made for dealing with multiple enemies, with various sub-styles of its own.

Now that we got that out of the way, here's the list:

WARNING: The list is a little messy right now, just letting you all know.

Update 5/10/14:

Like the Rokushiki Robin project, this project has been moved to Google Docs for more space as well as so I can edit it in one place instead of editing it in multiple places which was a pain in the ass to be honest.

Click here to see the movelist project

As usual, the list will be updated every now and then. Also as usual, you guys are welcome to help me out if you like, such as come up with more attacks, better names, ideas, explanations or what not. I would really appreciate it big time to be honest since I don't think I can do this one by myself at all. lol

For more info on chinese martial arts, go here or here
    Last edited by joesephes; May 10th, 2014 at 03:13 AM.
    ****THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT****
    Go here for the project and here for the thread! (UPDATE 9/9/14)
    ****THE HUAQUANDAO STYLE PROJECT***
    Go here or here (UPDATE 05/10/14)
    My Shadow Blossom fanfic (Ch.4 is UP!)

Default Re: Huāqundo style (Way of the blossoming fist)

Update 2/19/11:

More techniques added in the Ch Y​dng Msh section! :)

Update 2/20/11:

More techniques added in the Ch Y​dng Msh section!
    Last edited by joesephes; February 22nd, 2011 at 02:52 PM.

Update 2/21/11:

Once again, More techniques added in the Ch Y​dng Msh section (Geez, I really gotta make some techiques for the other two sections-_-). Also, I've added a link to a playlist of vids for reference.
    Last edited by joesephes; February 23rd, 2011 at 08:32 PM.

Update 2/23/11

Added a new sub-style in the Ch Y​dng Msh section: SPIDER!!

Update 4/4/11:

Made some adjustments to the movelist, along with adding a new section, the Sub-styles section, as well as a new icon (F) which indicates a technique that can be used for feinting or other words, fake outs.

Also, more techniques have been added in the Ch Y​dng Msh section, along with FINALLY adding a technique in the Hōng​hōng Zǔ​hsh section, with two of them being influenced from a 1993 martial arts movie called "Last hero in China". :)

Tick Tock, Tick Tock(OB) - This starts off with the user grabbing and holding the enemy right next to him/her in an arm lock and kick him in the head with one of his/her real legs, immediately following up with a kick to the back of the his head from a sprouted leg (attached to the user's bottom), followed by a another kick to front of the head immediately after (with the same real leg as before), and then another kick to the back of the head (with the same sprouted leg as before) and keeps on repeating the process in a back and forth rhythm until the enemy is seriously dazed, so dazed that he falls to the ground.
    This technique is heavily inspired by what the main hero (played by Jet Li) did to one of the three bad guys that he fights at the beginning of the movie which you see here at the 4:23 mark of the first part (even though it was obviously fake as you can tell by the plastic leg lol)
    Mixed Animal style: Vines hold enemy as Tiger and Crane finish him off (OS)(DM) - When the enemy's back is against a tall and round object such as a pillar or a tree, the user blooms at least six arms out of the object (two at lower body level, two at the mid body level, and two above the enemy's head) and have four of them hold the enemy tightly (with two holding the his arms and two holding his legs). With his/her enemy now helpless, the user strikes him fiercely with both of his/her real arms in a "Tiger claw" fashion simultaneously (with one aiming for the heart and one aiming for a vital piont in the abdomen), followed by a simultaneous "Crane fist" style strike from the two remaining sprouted arms, (both aimed at both sides of the enemy's head), ultimately killing him.
    This technique is partially inspired by how two of the main hero's students defeat an evil monk by using the Flying Crane and Tiger technique which you can see at the 15:16 mark of the fourth part:
    Last edited by joesephes; August 30th, 2011 at 03:42 PM.

Bāhuzhǎng (八掌): style similar to 八卦掌 (Bāguzhăng), a form of Wŭdāng martial art. Of course, only Robin can use it.
    4 branches, 4 flowers.
    Facing the opponent with her head turned left; holding double left arms, each with a "flower", thrust forward with palms outward, and her right double arms, with "flowers", positioned in front and slightly away from her abdominal area, she encircles her opponent slowly and gracefully at with a delicate gait.
    The moment her opponent rushes in for the initial assault, her multiple forearms intercept, brush aside, and grapple her opponent's strike, while she steps in to simultaneously strike and twist her opponent's neck, and punch the midsection and abdomen with focused inner chi.
    There are multiple other approaches, such as grabbing the opponent and dragging him down.
    This is primarily a defensive, soft style. Think of it kind of as Hyuuga Hinata (from Naruto) with the Hana Hana fruit, but focus on the soft fluid movements, plus multiple arms to incapacitate the offense.

Wow, Eight flower palms I see! Very detiled style that you came up with! Thanks a bunch! I'll definately add that to the Sub style section! :D

Btw, the reason I didn't update it since last month was because I am planning on giving it a lttle revamp, such as turning the main three forms into five.
    Last edited by joesephes; May 23rd, 2011 at 11:22 PM.

Update 6/11/11:

Made some major changes to the moveset with the main forms now being five instead of three.

Ch Y​dng Msh (Sprouting Mobile Tree form) - In this form, Robin fights using the extra limbs connected to her own body in conjunction with his/her real limbs while she is constantly moving, with her body being the “tree”, her arms being the "branches", her legs being the “roots”, and the sprouted copies of her arms and legs being the “flowers”. Mainly used for offensive close combat.

Ch Zhā​shi​ Msh (Sprouting Sturdy Tree form) - A form that is similar to Ch Y​dng Msh, only instead of moving, Robin remains perfectly still as an actual tree while staying on her gaurd trying to particapate her foes' attacks. Another main difference being that in this form, Robin's sprouted limbs usually do the blocking and parrying while her real limbs usually do the countering. Strictly used only for defensive close combat.

Feixing Mushi (Flying tree form) - In this form, Robin fights while in Wings form. The techniques in this form mainly constists of swift aerial and diving attacks. Mainly used for aerial combat.

Ch Cāo​zng​ Sh (Sprouting Manipulative Seed form) - In this form, Robin (the seed) fights from a safe distance using only the copies of her limbs (the flowers) to attack her enemies, similar to when using the Hana Hana no mai normally, only instead of using it for typical submission holds, Robin uses Chinese martial arts techniques (mainly Qinna and Dim Mak techniques) to subdue her enemies. Mainly used for mid to long range combat.

Hōng​hōng Zǔ​hsh (Blooming combination form) - In this form, Robin fights with a mixed form of the other 4 forms.

Update 8/23/11:

Just got done translating almost all the styles and techniques to chinese. Although I doubt they are 100% accurate, but they'll do for now.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Fixed a few things.

Ugh, god I hate rushing. -_-

Update 8/30/11:

4 techniques added! 3 in the Ch Y​dng Msh section and 1 in the Ch Zhā​shi​ Msh!

• Hutu fēndin (Turning back branch) (OB) - A three fist version of the turning back fist.
    • Cuō bi shǒuzhǎng fēndin (Chopping palm branch) (OB) - A three handed version of the Chopping palm, a technique from the Xingyiquan style.
    • Wǔ diǎn sǐwng huāsh (Five-point Death Bouquet) (OB)(DM) - Robin simply strikes five vital points of the enemy's body simultaneously with the fingertips of her "hand bouquet", which is made up of five arms.
    • Hnh dngw quan: Bǔ hǔ, Chu j shǒu (Mixed animal style: Catching Tiger, Hammering fists) (OB) - While holding the enemy's arms with both of her sprouting arms (both attached to the top of her shoulders) after catching them, Robin will strike him rapidly with the fists of her real arms in a Wing Chun fashion.
    Also, there is a new unnamed style in the Sub-styles section!

??? - A fighting style that revolves around lighting-fast movements similar to those from styles such as Wing Chun or Praying Mantis, using the power of the Hana Hana no mi to make attacks look faster then the human eye can catch on, creating super blurry rapid attacks.
    Last edited by joesephes; August 30th, 2011 at 03:23 PM.

As I've already told you I'm a big fan of this whole project. Mainly because you put so much effort and creativity--this particular project offers you lots of room for creativity--in it. Keep going buddy. I'm looking forward to see more.

^I know its very late to say this but thanks! And starting some time this week or next week, I am gonna start focusing on commissing artwork for this project since i have the rokushiki robin one more than enough. :)

Omg, how long has it been since I did any updates to this project? 2 years perhaps?

Anyway guys, I'm finally back and I got something to show you all! Remember that one drawing that I did back in 2007?

Spoiler:

Well It's about to get an upgrade so it could be used as the the new title art for the project, redone by Scruffyronin!

Here's the preview:

Spoiler:

Full version coming soon, plus new technique additions after so long! :D
    Last edited by joesephes; March 8th, 2013 at 05:06 PM.

Hey guys, here's another preview of the new title artwork by Scruffyronin, even though it's still far from complete:

Spoiler:

And new techniques will be coming soon! :)

Here it is, everyone! The complete version of the new title card:

With text:

Spoiler:

Without text:

Spoiler:
    Last edited by joesephes; June 10th, 2013 at 03:41 PM.

Well it's been a few months since I've posted in this thread. Anyway, here's a new rough sketch that I have made recently:

Spoiler:

This was my attempt to make a rough sketch of the Fēi jin yǐn jiǎo mbiāo ("Arrows pin the target" in chinese) technique and the result was.....very average at best. But hey, as long as it gives readers and viewers an idea of what the technique looks like, that's all what matters.

Fēi jin yǐn jiǎo mbiāo (Arrows pin the target) - Robin will pin the enemy against the wall with 5 legs with 1 real leg pinning the neck, 2 sprouted legs (both sprouted from both sides the upper thigh of the same leg) pinning the arms, and 2 sprouted legs (both sprouted from the previous sprouted pair) pinning the legs.

Update 5/10/14:

Like the Rokushiki Robin project, this project has been moved to Google Docs for more space as well as so I can edit it in one place instead of editing it in multiple places which was a pain in the ass to be honest.
    Last edited by joesephes; May 10th, 2014 at 06:54 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information