+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 205 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: Attack on Titan

Default Re: Shingeki No Kyojin Manga

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrich View Post
    The blond chick from the trainees who joined the military police

The one who talked with Armin and Connie about what they'd do if they were told to die
    Oh ok her, but if it is her than why would she be killing off the rest of the scouting legion?
    Member of Negima is Super Awesome
    MY YOUTUBE channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mcwhirlpoolinc?feature=mhee

ITS A MYSTERY

There's obviously something extremely fishy with the royal government and the theme of humans being their own greatest enemies seems prevalent in this manga, Annie herself seems a bit suspicious

She was left alone by the instructor during the training flashback, the hinted backstory with her father parallels Eren's, she apologized to her dead comrades after the blockading of the hole, and finally there's this weird scene with the unamed dark haired guy (possibly a mole) turning around to look at her leaving when Armin and the rest enlisted in the scouting legion

The female titan also apparently knows Armin's name

My guess is she's somehow working for the faction of humans who do not want the truth about titans to get out in the open which would happen if the scouting legion reached the basement in Shiganshina thanks to Eren's power

ITS A MYSTERY

There's obviously something extremely fishy with the royal government and the theme of humans being their own greatest enemies seems prevalent in this manga, Annie herself seems a bit suspicious

She was left alone by the instructor during the training flashback, the hinted backstory with her father parallels Eren's, she apologized to her dead comrades after the blockading of the hole, and finally there's this weird scene with the unamed dark haired guy (possibly a mole) turning around to look at her leaving when Armin and the rest enlisted in the scouting legion

The female titan also apparently knows Armin's name

My guess is she's somehow working for the faction of humans who do not want the truth about titans to get out in the open which would happen if the scouting legion reached the basement in Shiganshina thanks to Eren's power
    You bring up a bunch of good points...never once did I think of that.

However I did find it strange as you said that she apologised to her dead comrades, I thought that it might of been due to the fact that she hid herself away but the flashback proves that she's a capable fighter like Mikahsa and Ravellie. Hopefully the author will flashback to a moment that she used her power (if it is her) and showing her kill both titans and her fellow class mates. Kinda like how when Armen witnessed Eren getting devoured than suddenly a titan rose from the mouth of the titan that just devoured eren

Quote Originally Posted by GEPPETTOSMONSTER View Post
    I'm not good with most character names, who was she again?
    Same here, I find it easier to remember japanese names than western 1s.
    Theories : Buggy will become a shichibukai just cuz of the Impel Down lvl 6 prisioners behind him, Moria is alive but in a coma, Ivankov will find Sabo in the New World as 1 of the Rev. Army commanders, next nakama is a fishman something like a Great White

At this point with all the fleshing out of side characters that happend if you can't remember who's who you're not paying attention

The only one I don't know the name of is the giant bitch with the freckles that always hangs with Christa

Decided to catch up, finaly.

http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/16/11

Okay, this realy caught my atention. Ymir was the giant from whose body the world was made, in Scandinavian mythology, so maybe it's a reference to that ?

http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/16/35

Odd, Eren doesn't even know what religion is ?

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicFruit View Post
    Same here, I find it easier to remember japanese names than western 1s.
    I find it easier to remember people that have names of objects and foods. Like Salt or Battery

At this point with all the fleshing out of side characters that happend if you can't remember who's who you're not paying attention

The only one I don't know the name of is the giant bitch with the freckles that always hangs with Christa
    Some people have bad memory such as myself.

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    Decided to catch up, finaly.

http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/16/11

Okay, this realy caught my atention. Ymir was the giant from whose body the world was made, in Scandinavian mythology, so maybe it's a reference to that ?

http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/16/35

Odd, Eren doesn't even know what religion is ?
    That actually makes sense since the world is "new" once again. Hell they call a forest "forest of big trees" which they probably know what a tree is but probably couldn't tell ya what kind of a tree it is just the simple fact that it's a tree.

Quote Originally Posted by GEPPETTOSMONSTER View Post
    Some people have bad memory such as myself.

That actually makes sense since the world is "new" once again. Hell they call a forest "forest of big trees" which they probably know what a tree is but probably couldn't tell ya what kind of a tree it is just the simple fact that it's a tree.
    To be honest the name seems to fit as the size and number of those ginormour trees is prety freakish.

At least I never saw a try with a diameter that big.

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    To be honest the name seems to fit as the size and number of those ginormour trees is prety freakish.

At least I never saw a try with a diameter that big.
    come to california and go to the forest of the red woods and you'll see trees about that big, not joking

The female titan also apparently knows Armin's name.
    I'm not so sure of that. Her inaction against Armin is suspicious, and I'm not discounting the possibility of her being Annie or someone else we know, but I don't see any real evidence that she knows Armin's face or name. When she first appeared, Armin thought she was a deviant because she was ignoring humans, and it wasn't until she was attacked that she started killing them; her checking Armin's hood and then letting him live doesn't really equate to her knowing him, as odd as it is. As for her "recognizing his name", I'm not sure where/why you thought that, because the few times his name is brought up they are being yelled by Jean, with little to no reaction from her. When she "freezes up", it's because Armin is pretending she killed Eren. At least, that's how I read it. To be honest, that scene had me a little confused at first... mainly because he never clarifies to Jean that he was tricking her, and Jean thinks he's gone crazy. Did I totally miss the point of that scene?

Also, and this might be a translation issue, Armin claims she was responsible for bringing the titans on the day the armored and colossal titans attacked Wall Maria. I initially assumed it was a mistake, and that he was supposed to be referring to her bringing the group of titans they are currently dealing with, simply comparing her to the armored and colossal class, but... well as you can see it says she was responsible. I mean, Armin is already jumping to conclusions by claiming with certainty that she's a human wearing a titans body rather than just a strange or unknown titan, so I figure him "knowing" she was responsible for the Wall Maria titans isn't complete unreasonable.

I'm not sure if the female Titan is someone we saw, my first thought was that the female titan is Erens mom.
    Naruto is so cool it has 600 billion naked Zetsus with armadillo penises dancing under an rainbow.

Thanks for this thread OP, so I could discover this manga. I'm liking it so far, but the translation gets really crappy at the start of volume 4 on mangareader (this inverse guy doesn't know english for shit), does anybody know a site that has better scanlations, or a site where I can download them?
    Last edited by DoctorPhil; August 16th, 2011 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brennen.exe View Post
    As for her "recognizing his name", I'm not sure where/why you thought that, because the few times his name is brought up they are being yelled by Jean, with little to no reaction from her. When she "freezes up", it's because Armin is pretending she killed Eren. At least, that's how I read it. To be honest, that scene had me a little confused at first... mainly because he never clarifies to Jean that he was tricking her, and Jean thinks he's gone crazy. Did I totally miss the point of that scene?
    I'm talking about this scene here

http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/21/4

I interpreted the "Armin!" in the first panel as being uttered by the female titan

Of course you could say it was simply Armin hearing Reiner call his name while he remembers the female titan looming over him, but that'd make the scene pretty pointless

Also notice how when Armin yells at the female titan that she killed Eren to confuse/distract her... He actually never says Eren's name directly

He uses roundabout ways to mention him, like "my best friend" and "that guy who's in a hurry to die", which is the way Jean mockingly describes Eren, things that only someone who knows the trainees personally would pay attention to

Finally, she ruthlessly slaughters the unamed scouting legion clods who tried to kill her, even when they're no threat to her anymore, like the guy she spun like a yoyo, yet she let Armin Jean and Reiner go even after they attacked her
    Last edited by Aldrich; August 16th, 2011 at 02:56 PM.

My biggest issue with this manga is the names and the appearances. Just can't tell them apart. Other than that, things are getting interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by projectelf View Post
    My biggest issue with this manga is the names and the appearances. Just can't tell them apart. Other than that, things are getting interesting.
    The designs are unique enough. It's just that there are a lot of different characters who aren't on-screen all the time.

The female Titan is most likely Annie.

Link: I interpreted the "Armin!" in the first panel as being uttered by the female titan. Of course you could say it was simply Armin hearing Reiner call his name while he remembers the female titan looming over him, but that'd make the scene pretty pointless.
    Ah, ok. Yeah, I am pretty certain that was Reyner/Reiner calling Armin back to reality. Armin was just lost in thought over the titan, which... looking over my previous post, I should clarify that I do not disagree with your overall point about the female titan; that is, I think she is someone we know. But yeah, I figure Armin's shock over her reaction to his bait is what he was lost in thought about.

Also notice how when Armin yells at the female titan that she killed Eren to confuse/distract her... He actually never says Eren's name directly. He uses roundabout ways to mention him, like "my best friend" and "that guy who's in a hurry to die", which is the way Jean mockingly describes Eren, things that only someone who knows the trainees personally would pay attention to.
    I completely agree. My initial reaction to that scene was that Armin was probing to see how she'd react, given he had already concluded she was looking for Eren. I came across much more disagreeable in my last post than I intended to; I merely wanted to point out that it wasn't concrete that she knew his name. Now that I think about it though, that was pretty stupid of me to say. I got so caught up in wondering where you concluded she knew his name and completely overlooked the fact that she (apparently) knew who his best friend was. Duhh, can't really have one without the other.

Finally, she ruthlessly slaughters the unamed scouting legion clods who tried to kill her, even when they're no threat to her anymore, like the guy she spun like a yoyo, yet she let Armin, Jean, and Reiner go even after they attacked her.
    Anyway, back to Annie. This female titan knows how to fight, but were it Annie I think we might have seen something more signature by now to give a clue, much like we did the first time Eren transformed. I'd understand a more subtle route though. As for the Wall Maria thing I mentioned earlier, I was trying to think outside of just the training squad-- after all, Eren was picking fights when he was younger, and was Armin's best friend then as well. Still, more than likely you are correct, and this directly implies that she was involved with their training squad somehow, but a few things have (or had) me a little confused about what had happened and when. The translation issue that I mentioned, for example.

I was thinking something a little more obvious, like Erin's little move here, for example. Eren's situation was much more obvious on all accounts though, so that's not saying much. I'm not saying it can't be Annie-- if it is anyone in the troop she is the most suspicious; Aldrich made the case well-- I was just initially skeptical.

Annie's signature move is her leg sweep. The author even focused on her using it on Eren and Jean during the training flashback in volume 4. She even taught that move to Eren.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information