Page 6 of 215 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: Rock the Casbah: Arab-World Revolutions

Default Re: Rock the Casbah: Arab-World Revolutions Watch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cairo
    Reuters is reporting that rubber bullets were fired at protesters. Protesters shouted "Down, Down, Hosni Mubarak" and stamped on posters of the president after Friday prayers, witnesses said. Tanks are moving through the streets. Teargas is being fired constantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ismalia
    Reports of thousands of people surrounding the security state building.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandria
    Teargas has been fired. People are chanting "God is great" and " We want a regime change". Al Jazeera reports

12.27pm:CloseLink to this update: http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/blog/...dates#block-35 The Telecoms company Vodafone says the Egyptian government has ordered all mobile telephone operators to suspend services "in selected areas" of the country.In a statement, the company says that "under Egyptian legislation the authorities have the right to issue such an order and we are obliged to comply with it." British-based Vodafone Group plc said Egyptian authorities "will be clarifying the situation in due course."

"Unicorns can't see into your heart. All our dumb horns can do is glow, point towards the nearest rainbow and play rave music!"

Visit my Etsy Shop: Heart'n'Skull or Tumblr

Plainclothed #Egypt policemen in Tahrir Sq attack #CNN crew, brake and steal camera. Violent suppression of protesters everywhere #Jan25

Even reporters aren't safe.
    Handsome man save me from the monsters.

Sailing through the Sea of Blood to find Sniper Island

WOW! So much development in just hours!
    This better turn out great!

Quote Originally Posted by trappedolphin View Post
    Plainclothed #Egypt policemen in Tahrir Sq attack #CNN crew, brake and steal camera. Violent suppression of protesters everywhere #Jan25

Even reporters aren't safe.
    They have been targeting reporters for a while D: That's low.
    My 3DS Friend Code: 1091 - 8457 - 8212

~Goronyanya~

JawazSafar
    wow its official: Various policemen take off their uniforms and join protesters #Jan25 [via Al-Arabiya]

FUCK YEAH

"Unicorns can't see into your heart. All our dumb horns can do is glow, point towards the nearest rainbow and play rave music!"

BBC Arabic says approximately 4,000 protesters have surrounded the Suez governate building and are chanting "Free Egypt, Mubarak out."An Al Jazeera reporter in the area said 2 soldiers in Suez had charges issued against them for refusing to fire live ammunition overnight.

I'll take that as confirmation. YESSSSSSSSS.

EDIT: MORE CONFIRMATION.

Amazing development: Al Jazeera reports that a police officer unit refused orders to fire tear gas bombs at protesters in Alexandria. #Jan25

Gogogogooooooo
    Last edited by trappedolphin; January 28th, 2011 at 05:43 AM. Reason: please keep all of them safe...

@What Nami said
    +
    12.38pm: BBC Arabic says approximately 4,000 protesters have surrounded the Suez governate building and are chanting "Free Egypt, Mubarak out."

An Al Jazeera reporter in the area said 2 soldiers in Suez had charges issued against them for refusing to fire live ammunition overnight.
    8D 8D 8D HOLY SMOKES!

Out Mubarak! OUT!

~Goronyanya~

Sailing through the Sea of Blood to find Sniper Island

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissie View Post
    They have been targeting reporters for a while D: That's low.
    Well, they can't risk letting people of the world know can they?

Fuck, the telephones too now? It would be fucking awesome if just one network decided to "have some difficulties" with switching off their service. I really hope the protesters will find a way to keep communicating, for maximum effect.

Edit: I hope my Egyptian friends aren't getting to meet some of the less morally sound policemen. GOGO EGYPT

Quote Originally Posted by The Daz View Post
    Fuck, the telephones too now? It would be fucking awesome if just one network decided to "have some difficulties" with switching off their service. I really hope the protesters will find a way to keep communicating, for maximum effect.
    some of them are. I'm reading live tweets from people on the scene. VodaFone's been blocked off, though.

I feel so proud. Yes, we have cruel idiots like Mubarak, but we also have people like that first policeman who put his foot down and said no more.

EDIT:

Pics: Protest now in Amman #JO Ppl calling for elected govt , end to Israel peace treaty http://yfrog.com/gz3ntfkj http://yfrog.com/hsnfvxj
    Last edited by trappedolphin; January 28th, 2011 at 05:52 AM.

12.47pm:CloseLink to this update: http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/blog/...dates#block-40 BBC Arabic is reporting that protesters in Ismailia have taken over the local headquarters of Mubarak's National Democratic Party.

YEAH BABY, GO GO GO GO

Hohohoho~!!! That is great!

~Goronyanya~

Holy shit that's great. Way to fucking go Phone Companies!

However, it seems that the Amman protest is already over; No one blames the king, but they call for a new government. Seems to have been overall peaceful.

And this is just Jan 2011.
    Last edited by THE SEA; January 28th, 2011 at 05:55 AM. Reason: Incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Nami View Post
    12.47pm:CloseLink to this update: http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/blog/...dates#block-40 BBC Arabic is reporting that protesters in Ismailia have taken over the local headquarters of Mubarak's National Democratic Party.

YEAH BABY, GO GO GO GO
    Yes yes yes.

Egypt goes down, this wave of revolution's gonna fuckin' turbocharge.

A soaking wet ElBaradei was trapped inside a mosque while hundreds of riot police laid siege to it, firing tear gas in the streets around so no one could leave. The tear gas canisters set several cars ablaze outside the mosque and several people fainted and suffered burns. Large groups of protesters, in the thousands, were gathered at at least six venues in Cairo, a city of about 18 million people, and many of them were on the move marching toward major squares and across Nile bridges. (oh gosh... imagine the injuries.)

... At the upscale Mohandiseen district, at least 10,000 of people were marching toward the city center chanting "down, down with Mubarak." The crowd later swelled to about 20,000 as they made their way through residential areas. Residents looking on from apartment block windows waved and whistled in support. Others waved the red, white and black Egyptian flags. The marchers were halted as they tried to cross a bridge over the Nile, when police fired dozens of tear gas canisters.

... At Ramsis square in the heart of the city, thousands clashed with police as they left the al-Nur mosque after prayers. Police used tear gas and rubber bullets and some of the tear gas was fired inside the mosque where women were taking refuge. Hundreds later broke through police cordons to head to the main downtown square, Tahrir. But they were stopped by police firing tear gas.
    Does anybody know what significance the Abbas bridge has, if any? I'm seeing tons of tweets about it.

People on Twitter are saying the NDP headquarters in Mansoura, 120 miles north-east of Cairo, is being overrun by 40,000 people.

This just keeps getting better.

~Goronyanya~

Maybe this is why: Jan25voices Live Phonecall: Nile Bridge Closed, El Gamaa bridge closed, Abbas Bridge closed. Trying to divide apart city.

Abbas Bridge should go down soon, judging by the tweets:

Abbas bridge protestors trying to shove their way through, security is holding, beating protesters

There is a second group of protesters joining the Abbas bridge one, coming from by the zoo, chanting to ppl in homes to join

Demo size is now growing, estimated 1000 ppl, chanting continuing, protesters getting into formation

An Al Jazeera reporter in the area said 2 soldiers in Suez had charges issued against them for refusing to fire live ammunition overnight.
    Go fuck yourself Mubarak.

Thread Information