+ Reply to Thread
Page 296 of 298 FirstFirst ... 196 246 286 294 295 296 297 298 LastLast
Results 5,901 to 5,920 of 5948

Thread: Western Comics thread

Default Re: Western Comics thread

More like heavy ass pulling.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; October 11th, 2021 at 08:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

We call it retcons

The word retcon has been retconned from my brain yesterday.

Big Superman news!

Superman confirmed for bisexual! :D
    She/Her
    Want to be a girl? Click here!
    What's gender dysphoria, you ask? Click here to find out!

Welp. I guess he's never going back to being a kid now.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Welp. I guess he's never going back to being a kid now.
    It's not like they can't do flashback arcs. I don't get why everyone is acting like the end of the world. Hell, show 10 year old Jon liking boys back then, too!

Anyway, I'm just really hoping Jay doesn't become his Lex Luthor. Gimme happy queer couples for once!
    She/Her

I mean it's not the end of the world. I just very much enjoyed Clark having a kid to take care of, and the supersons dynamic during rebirth. So I would have preferred not losing that and this development make it least likely they would go back on it on the short or mid term.

I mean they could always still do that out of canon or elsewhere.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Yeah, Jon was a million times better as a character when he was a kid growing up. Flashbacks just aren't the same, and the bond with his family and Damian as well as his coming of age was the whole appeal. They could even do the whole bi thing better with him still younger and discovering those feelings, possibly having some mismatch with Damian that they have to stumble through. So much potential lost.

And now that he is a bi teen, they could have at least paired him up with a real character. It's some irrelevant dyed haired cliche no one cares about. Jon can do way better.
    Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

Weekly X:
    Spoiler:

Wow that's a low off Mikhail.

Boring X-men issue.

Not gonna do a weekly X because I have no clue what's happening with this trial anymore.

Man Thorg is one cool frog.

Is it that confusing?

Also minor quibble about a series I don’t regularly read but that twist with One Below All in Immortal Hulk was…..lazy.

I read all 16 volumes of dawn of x a while ago and was gonna start X of swords but got distracted by something else and just decided to finally rent the volume from my library

Really hope it’s good, and that I didn’t forget to much from the other volumes I read so long ago

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Is it that confusing?
    well
    Spoiler:
    We don't know who killed her it, but it seems that she offed herself. But not current Wanda, but old lady Wanda that she encountered in end on this volume. We also don't know if the five or not resurrected her using the old backup, and why her son that can use magic is so sure that it's really her. Also there's Kaijus attacking the island so...

Really liked seeing Jon and Wally interact in Superman: Son of Kal-El #4. I think they could have a great friendship together considering they're both legacy characters and took up hugely important titles in very pronounced ways.

Doing some catching up on Super titles since Rebirth and finally read Superman: Lois & Clark, the eight issue Jurgens mini-series. It's such a good title! I really enjoyed just getting to see the Kents be a family and interact. I also really like how they're sort of 'on-the-run' and the story can just focus on them while being removed from the normal Superman status quo. It's really something I wish they had played with even more. Not everything needs to be Metropolis and Daily Planet!

Also, really wish Clark had kept the beat and black suit look. Like, fuck, it's hot.
    Last edited by JulieYBM; October 21st, 2021 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Added more.
    She/Her

Weekly X
    Spoiler:

Some payoff to Maverick situation.

What Wiz Kid is working from Gyrich?

Marauders always being great.

Inferno is a blast.

Did some catching up on The Flash by reading Rebirth #1 and then The Flash #678-present. My only other experience with Wally is via Young Justice and the DCAU where he's got elements of Barry tossed in, i.e. his status as a CSI. I didn't realize Wally was such an everyman...or a motherfucking DILF! Lawd, the scenes with his family are adrenaline right into my fucking blood. I know his other Rebirth appearances are really controversial but I think I'll be going back to read them soon. On a last note, I really liked his appearance in Superman: Son of Kal-El #4. Wally is probably only ten years older than Jon but given that they're both really big name successors to a legacy my hope is that Wally takes Jon under his wing as a Batman to Jon's Nightwing of sorts. It also makes me hope that they're intending for Jon to have a Wally-esque tenure as the main Superman.
    She/Her

I actually want Nightwing to look after Jon. I always tought he was mentor material from his role with Damien. And him and Clark has some relation since he got the idea of the name from him. And they both give me that calming/reassuring nice dad/big brother vibe.

Superman will go back to Clark in not too long. The time where legacy could take over for real has pass. Wally made it just in time and he is still struggling to not lose the title back to a guy he buried for 20 years. And poor Dick is perpetually stuck in the middle where he had all the development and is always refered as next in line but the door closed right before the pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    I actually want Nightwing to look after Jon. I always tought he was mentor material from his role with Damien. And him and Clark has some relation since he got the idea of the name from him. And they both give me that calming/reassuring nice dad/big brother vibe.

Superman will go back to Clark in not too long. The time where legacy could take over for real has pass. Wally made it just in time and he is still struggling to not lose the title back to a guy he buried for 20 years. And poor Dick is perpetually stuck in the middle where he had all the development and is always refered as next in line but the door closed right before the pay off.
    Dick should also have a relationship with Jon, of course, but he's also typically busy off with the Bat-Family so I can see leaning into Jon and Wally scenes. Then again they can also just do whatever the hell they want, so whatever.

Honestly, I don't think Nightwing even needs to graduate to Batman. Then again, if anyone is going to take on the role at this point it would have to be Dick until they finally age up Tim, whom I imagine is supposed to still be...seventeen?
    She/Her

Quote Originally Posted by JulieYBM View Post
    Dick should also have a relationship with Jon, of course, but he's also typically busy off with the Bat-Family so I can see leaning into Jon and Wally scenes. Then again they can also just do whatever the hell they want, so whatever.
    Its also probably because I read nightwing 83 where Clark ask Dick to look out for his soon while he's away. But its all preference.

Honestly, I don't think Nightwing even needs to graduate to Batman. Then again, if anyone is going to take on the role at this point it would have to be Dick until they finally age up Tim, whom I imagine is supposed to still be...seventeen?
    He doesnt need to be Batman. But he should have taken the mantle of leader/front man. And it will never happen. I think Tim could be anything between 16 and 18. He was about to go to college in detective.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information