+ Reply to Thread
Page 285 of 287 FirstFirst ... 185 235 275 283 284 285 286 287 LastLast
Results 5,681 to 5,700 of 5736

Thread: Western Comics thread

Default Re: Western Comics thread

Geez, what’s up with marvel and plants recently??? The krakoa technology, the not costa cubamexzla ancient plants, the golden girls (hordeculture), the plant empyre, is groot also going to the foreground lately with his family/species?
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Widespread legalization or decriminalization of marijuana.

X-Men #18 Solicits

Spoiler:
    The vault is open. BEST WOLVERINE IS BACK!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Both Logan and Laura are using the mantle, there's no better Wolvie. Because both of them are the best at what they do, and what they do best ain't good.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Geez, what’s up with marvel and plants recently??? The krakoa technology, the not costa cubamexzla ancient plants, the golden girls (hordeculture), the plant empyre, is groot also going to the foreground lately with his family/species?
    ~sing song voice~ It's not over~~

I'm guessing you've not read recent Strange Academy. There's something strange in the bayou outside of New Orleans and they call themselves the Hollow. Not sure where they come from but they set themselves apart from other plant people that's shown up this year as the one plant-people that are interested in magic...but they are the same in regards as they hate human/animal lifeforms

I was going to say " At least Groot and his race are already established in Marvel" ...but then I choked on my words because the Cotati were also previously established and that didn't stop Marvel shitting on them

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    ~sing song voice~ It's not over~~

I'm guessing you've not read recent Strange Academy. There's something strange in the bayou outside of New Orleans and they call themselves the Hollow. Not sure where they come from but they set themselves apart from other plant people that's shown up this year as the one plant-people that are interested in magic...but they are the same in regards as they hate human/animal lifeforms

I was going to say " At least Groot and his race are already established in Marvel" ...but then I choked on my words because the Cotati were also previously established and that didn't stop Marvel shitting on them
    Enjoying Strange Academy Katzztar? I'm digging, feels like early Claremont New Mutants, I wish they dig a little bit more on the teachings of magic instead of doing call ups about what reports the students have to do etc, but at this point I don't thing Marvel intend to change a soft magic system for a hard one.

Weekly X:
    Spoiler:

XForce: Woah the crocodile was a sword. Now that's a lot of LSD. Ororo, badass as always. Arakko 17:6 Krakoa. I cannot stress enough how much I hate Saturnyne.

Hellions: "We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Yeah, he need the old butt back, new one is not good enough.

XoS issues were a huge improvement over last week's. Only problem I have is that Magik is depicted as one of the innocent kids along with Cypher and Cable, when even this event itself put emphasis on her being much more experienced than either of them. And she's a literal war commander.

To be fair she’s been using the k variant for more than half her life, it was a freudian slip rather than naivety. Specially, considered that she learned Pogg’s true self.

I was thinking more of the panel at the end of the Cable issue where Apocalypse lectures her, Cypher and Cable on death while they all look terrified.

I mean, Magik basically cut Dark Beast in half a year ago! She should not be scared of a violent battle.

On that I agree, maybe the idea of not being able to be resurrected left the younger ones more nervous than the old hardened ones.

That did escape me. But losing the fear of death just to regain it unexpectedly, is something I can relate to.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

It's been half a week and I'm still furious about retconning Franklin into not being a mutant. Why is Marvel like this??? Hickman's been setting up Franklin being pivotal for over a year, they just did a miniseries about Franklin's role as a mutant AND a member of the FF.

And then Slott comes running in with hs writers block because "powerful characters are lame!" and decides Franklin just *wished* he was an oppressed minority to get attention and made it come true with his reality altering powers.

This the first time there's real meaty storytelling opportunities for that brat and Marvel's like naw dog, he's just a mopey teen now. And Slott turning his twitter feed into Stalingrad is making things even worse.

Can't let the FF liked, much less the offspring of Reed Richards.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    It's been half a week and I'm still furious about retconning Franklin into not being a mutant. Why is Marvel like this??? Hickman's been setting up Franklin being pivotal for over a year, they just did a miniseries about Franklin's role as a mutant AND a member of the FF.

And then Slott comes running in with hs writers block because "powerful characters are lame!" and decides Franklin just *wished* he was an oppressed minority to get attention and made it come true with his reality altering powers.

This the first time there's real meaty storytelling opportunities for that brat and Marvel's like naw dog, he's just a mopey teen now. And Slott turning his twitter feed into Stalingrad is making things even worse.
    I feel like this decision had to be okayed by Hickman? Like, it's one thing to have Franklin off in the FF books and not in the X-Books, but to have him mutant gene retconned is another thing entirely. It's Slott so I don't want to give him the benefit of the doubt, and it wouldn't be the first time the nature of superhero comics have fucked Hickman over, but this seems to be way too major for it not to be approved by Hickman.

Slott hinted that the X-Office was not okay with it, because what ended up on the page is a “compromise” according to one of his tweets. But Slott and the Avengers editorial office rank higher on the hierarchy so there’s not much Hickman can do. Same with the Avengers doing a big Phoenix story despite Hickman having plans for that too.

It especially doesn't make sense since this implies burning his powers out undoes whatever Franklin's done involving them.

If that was the case then everything should be gone. Literally everything.

I think the parts of Molecular Man hold those universe stable. But yeah, dumb decision. After the horrible multi sereis crossover events they been pumping since 2016 couldn't they give it a break and let the series have their own events with out tie-ins for a couple of years? is too much to ask?

Also I as definitely not expecting that ending in Thor 9...

Oh I stopped following Slott on Twitter because his Twitter... sucks. What an awful turn of events. Boo.

HoXPoX, the Dawn of X trades and the individual series trades are on sale on Comixology: https://www.comixology.com/DawnX/page/24382

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information