+ Reply to Thread
Page 283 of 287 FirstFirst ... 183 233 273 281 282 283 284 285 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,660 of 5736

Thread: Western Comics thread

Default Re: Western Comics thread

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Weekly X
    Spoiler:

Krakoa is male and Arakko is female. Got it.
    Hell is the best forge. Once again I'm bothered by a muscle less skeleton being able to move, one in particular that's coated in a extremely dense skeleton I might add.
    I'm digging' the info on the kingdoms of the Otherworld, but will it ever be relevant again? What was the price Logan paid to Solem?
    I do despite the Wakanda isolationism, as if they are all "high and mighty holier than thou" to the rest of the world. What is political strife in the face of extinction of life in this world?
    Spoiler:
    Hahaha I guess 40+ years of reading sci-fi and supernatural stories/comics has numbed me to images of a a bare skeleton being able to move despite not having muscles. I didn't even blink at that scene.
    I just thought that "he's in Hell, he still has his soul within his body. Hell is a domain for the bodiless since souls go to hell and body (normally) stays on earth. So since he has his soul that's animating his skeleton."

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    Spoiler:
    Hahaha I guess 40+ years of reading sci-fi and supernatural stories/comics has numbed me to images of a a bare skeleton being able to move despite not having muscles. I didn't even blink at that scene.
    I just thought that "he's in Hell, he still has his soul within his body. Hell is a domain for the bodiless since souls go to hell and body (normally) stays on earth. So since he has his soul that's animating his skeleton."
    Oh wise Katzztar your line of though makes perfect sense, and just proves I much readings to do yet.
    Spoiler:
    The fact I know it's a thing Logan can do, he did it when he hunt Nitro during the First Civil War, aka the one that made an ounce of sense. It's just a small nitpick that bothers me.
    So the Arakko warriors are: Death, War, Solem, Summoner, Bei the Blood Moon, Isca the Unbeaten, Pogg Ur-Pogg, Redroot the forest, and the White Sword. Or so it says this article: https://screenrant.com/x-swords-marv...explained/amp/

Out of the X-Readings, Kamala's books still solid but I fear that this new event "Outlawed" will hurt her solo just like the Second Civil War: Fascist Bogaloo did. I mean adult supes can deal massive amounts of danger and cause liability to the citizens but no one bat's an eye when they fuck up, but once a teenager hero does it the must be banned.
    I also liked the punished Thor look better than the new one. But...[/spoiler]The twist that Mjolnir is either bugged or that Thor is becoming more unworthy and his death vision were interesting.
    Spoiler:
    Like what the hell was that Thanos wielding a Mjolnir embedded with the infinity stone leading an army of zombie supes.

Out of Marvel speak, I finished reading The Boys today. Ennis really does write empathic characters even when the are done atrocious things.

I'm finishing up a second reading of Jimmy Corrigan: The Smartest Kid on Earth. Even better than the first time I read it, though i wish I hadn't waited so long to do so.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Weekly X
    Spoiler:
    hahahah Exodus really threw a wrench at Sinister's plan. James stole Sinister's cape and gave him a stolen horse. hahahahah
    You die in the Otherworld you die in the real world, but Otherworld is the nexus of reality so it's already the real world so you just...die. That was a bad joke.

Liked very much the art this edition of New Mutants.

Previously on X weekly:
    Spoiler:
    Saturnyne is a bitch, Betsy or Brian is probably dying and to no one's surprise |A|'s ex is the big bad.

Later today I come back for X13 and Marauders 14 comments.

I just read Batman - Three Jokers, while...
    Spoiler:
    on concept it was really strange to have multiple Jokers running around, apparently they first one started creating the others soon after, with only other two surviving the process. The gangster; the golden age Joker; the clown; the silver age Joker; and the comedian, the Moore version that became mainstream. In the end the comedian is the only one left. The twist is that his wife and child are alive, they were put on witness protection or something of the likes, and both the Joker knows the names of the Bat family as well Bats know the identity of the Joker, but says is unimportant. With a hope final canon afirmation that the Joker's identity is unimportant let's hope the fan boys drop the subject for ever.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Back for the weekly X
    Spoiler:
    Background for the fall of Arakko, nice. Oh how I wished a cover was a red herring, but I think the bitch will live, sadly.

I just got Marvel Unlimited! Now it’s time to get caught up with the X-men Stuff your all talking about!

Check if there the TPB version of Powers of X and House of X, it's easier to get started with the reading order place in a single book.

For some reason it's not giving me the option to read issue #1 of House of X

everything else I'm allowed to read just not that, which is even more infuriating since it's literally the first thing to read

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    For some reason it's not giving me the option to read issue #1 of House of X

everything else I'm allowed to read just not that, which is even more infuriating since it's literally the first thing to read
    wanna a third worlder solution to it or rather play by the books?

I just decided to buy the book, I love Barnes and Noble and there's one in my town and there not doing so great now, so instead of just read the first chapter there and put it back I decided to just buy the volume to help them out a little

but thank you for taking the time to help me

Holy Shit, I just finished House of X/Powers of X

I'm so confused.... are we in the sixth timeline? Or the tenth?

Tenth life. The "last" chance.

Tenth life. The "last" chance.
    So what happened in the sixth life? Or do we not know that yet? I feel like I missed something

So what happened in the sixth life? Or do we not know that yet? I feel like I missed something
    The future lives are not show in exact chronological order or path, so let's count:
    1st: died of age
    2nd: Died in plane crash going to see Charles
    3rd: Killed by the Brotherhood due to creating a cure for "Mutants"
    4th:Killed by Sentinels
    5th:Mutant Genocide (radicalization of Charles)
    6th:Earth's new race of man is absorbed by Phalanx
    7th:Killed trying to erase Sentinels form existence
    8th:War of M (radicalization of Erik)
    9th:Nimrod timeline
    10th:Krakoa now

The future lives are not show in exact chronological order or path, so let's count:
    1st: died of age
    2nd: Died in plane crash going to see Charles
    3rd: Killed by the Brotherhood due to creating a cure for "Mutants"
    4th:Killed by Sentinels
    5th:Mutant Genocide (radicalization of Charles)
    6th:Earth's new race of man is absorbed by Phalanx
    7th:Killed trying to erase Sentinels form existence
    8th:War of M (radicalization of Erik)
    9th:Nimrod timeline
    10th:Krakoa now
    Okay thank You! I guess now I'm just confused as to why they showed the sixth life last, what was the purpose, why not just go in Chronological order

Besides the alternate order of House of X/ Powers of X, all my files are in publication date order:

https://i.imgur.com/qbq7OFu.png
    Thank You for this! With this and Marvel Unlimited I'm gonna save a lot of money!

Just finished the first group of comics! I'm on X2 now

just want to check though, this is the official order right?

Okay thank You! I guess now I'm just confused as to why they showed the sixth life last, what was the purpose, why not just go in Chronological order
    I suppose the sixth iteration was the one that lived the longest, so they showed it's end the last.

just want to check though, this is the official order right?
    This is the release order, down the line all stories start to get connected so, yeah it kinda is a reading order.

You folks talking about 10 lives and 10 swords made me read x men again. Read all of them of the main powers of x, and what is out of x of swords except the Captain Britain ones because it took 10 years and a cinematic universe for me to care about Steve Rogers, the Bardocs won't get a free pass, specially if I have to learn 10 more planes of existence that feel like they should be planets because it doesn't feel like a complete list.

So.. marvel unlimited is 4 months behind...
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Well Excalibur were kinda important because it was there that |A| start the foundations to open the portal and probably pissed off Saturnyne. Not that the last one is hard, can we get Roma back?

Ok, starting from the begining is always a plus, now I know who Betty is and why she's not asian anymore, excalibur 1 does strikes me fancy, but it is after Apocalypse became |A|, I didn't catch that on powers of x and I couldn't find Dawn of X.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

The offer still applies.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information