+ Reply to Thread
Page 281 of 281 FirstFirst ... 181 231 271 279 280 281
Results 5,601 to 5,617 of 5617

Thread: Western Comics thread

Default Re: Western Comics thread

As long Hickman and Duggan are onboard the project is solid.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Even then, there’s a likely possibility that Feige uses this status quo to introduce the X-Men into the MCU.
    That wouldn't be a bad starting point, "We have been persecuted for being different for than humans so we created this safe heaven for us and kept a low profile rescuing mutants worldwide. But the super hero bullshit you guys have been pulling put us a risk."

That... kind of sounds like the Inhumans setup, honestly. (I know they already screwed that with the terrible tv show.)

And while that makes sense from a decades of progress and continuity, its a weird starting point and kind of sidesteps the racism allegory and "anyone could be one" angle thats so key to the franchise.

Not that previous movies ever REALLY dealt with that, it was mostly just good mutants versus Magneto mutants outside of the government plotlines, but...
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Default Western Comics thread

Well with the current political situation in US l donít Disney will be pushing to do ďletís talk hard and harsh about discriminationĒ type of movie.
    Last edited by pariston_hill; August 30th, 2020 at 07:41 AM.

It's all in the execution. Describing the comics dryly makes them sound really bad in a "Bucky was alive all along? As a Soviet cyborg???" kind of way, but there were more ideas in each issue of HoXPoX than in entire yearslong comic book runs. And it created an online theory culture that reminds me of the Lost heydays.

MCU Spider-Man also sidestepped the more traditional elements of his franchise, though I guess that benefits from the osmosis of constant cartoon reinventions that allow for kids to be intimately familiar with anything Spider-Man related.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    It's all in the execution. Describing the comics dryly makes them sound really bad in a "Bucky was alive all along? As a Soviet cyborg???" kind of way, but there were more ideas in each issue of HoXPoX than in entire yearslong comic book runs. And it created an online theory culture that reminds me of the Lost heydays.
    16 characters of agreement. A 12 book run was better than the entire Civil War 2; Fascist Boogaloo, including tie-ins.

are the Inhumans comics worth reading these days?

I started reading them after Infinity (2013) when all the humans down on earth with inhuman dna got turned into Inhumans themselves, but I stopped reading them during secret war (2015)

so my question is, are they worth reading? and where to start? and also how many of the new Inhumans got there own comic book series? I know Ms. Marvel did but are there any others

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    are the Inhumans comics worth reading these days?

I started reading them after Infinity (2013) when all the humans down on earth with inhuman dna got turned into Inhumans themselves, but I stopped reading them during secret war (2015)

so my question is, are they worth reading? and where to start? and also how many of the new Inhumans got there own comic book series? I know Ms. Marvel did but are there any others
    I think only Kamala has o solo book.
    IMO I donít like the inhumas, as a concept and as a group so I canít give you recommendations. But I think the first started popping during the 70ís.
    The period where there were the most inhuman titles was when Marvel as trying to fade X-Men due to the MCU, so 2012 till the flop Inhuman series.

Who are your guys favorite American comic book artists of All time? I’m talking specifically about art

Not story, character development Or World building. Just who has the best art

I would put Mike Mignola, John Byrne, Jim Lee, James Stokoe, Simon Bisley, Otto Schmidt, the Guys from Keith Griffen and Alan Grantís Lobo miniseries, Stjepan Sejic, Bruce Timm, Kevin OíNeill, Frank Millerís Wolverine and Daredevil era, and Bill Seinkiewicz, Cory Walker. From the top of my head and looking at my folder on pc.

From the top of my head, those are my favorites. Thereís also the guys from BPRD, Lucifer, Sandman and Preacher had great arts imo.

Weekly X
    Spoiler:
    I will start calling og Cable old ass, and I do miss old ass. Albeit this reminder a bit too much of Bendis paneling, can't said I didn't laugh about it.
    Hidden:

New Mutants keeps being, probably, the best X title running.

Logan against vampires. To bad that he got jacked by Heimdall/Thor.

To honor Chadwick Boseman ComiXology is offering over 200 Black Panther comics for free download:
    https://movieweb.com/black-panther-c...yYV7gGm5j-6myc

They finally cashed in on years of queer subtext

X weekly
    Spoiler:

Now I really want to know what's Kate plan to give payback to Shaw.
    The dancing captive Rachel holograms are extra creepy, but what's not creepy in the Mojoverse.
    Hank keeps being a pragmatic prick who thinks he always have the moral high ground...So Peacock guy and Mikhail are on the same side huh.

X of Swords is gonna be a all X books crossover right?

X-News:

Absolute boss Vita Ayala is taking over New Mutants with issue #14 and THEY ARE PUTTING GABBY ON THE TEAM!!!!

I am so friggin' pumped for this.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 ē Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Vita weote the only tolerable Gabby in Prisoner X.

Weekly X
    Spoiler:

Madelyne Pryor, the tragedy of a doll with conscience. I agree with Sinister, you expect the Summers family drama to get old but it never does.
    The External got halfed, a very Thanos move.
    Ororo's techo virus is no more.
    Got a little lost on who the enemy of X of creation will be, But I get the geist of it will be Krakoa mutants leading a liberation war against the enemies of Arakko.

So the X of swords is about to start, a 22 issue X crossover, any bets on the sword welders?
    Spoiler:
    We have Logan with the Yashida clan sword, Cable with his space sword, Betsy with Excalibur(?, right), Psylocke, |A| with what appear as a khopesh/shoten, Illyana with her soul sword. Who else?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information