+ Reply to Thread
Page 270 of 270 FirstFirst ... 170 220 260 268 269 270
Results 5,381 to 5,391 of 5391

Thread: Western Comics thread

Default Re: Western Comics thread

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Would he really be dismissed for something 20 years ago(at least)?
    If it was clearly going to bias his decision, yes.

And Freeze is just a known fellon he is not a mugger or killed someone parents.
    Uh, Freeze has killed a lot of people. A LOT. Presumably some of them parents.

And depending on how far back you want to stretch continuity, he has committed a LOT of crimes, including robbing Wayne enterprises specifically a bunch of times, and even held Bruce at gunpoint.

Bruce should be a witness, not a juror.

Isn't the link to Bruce parents and Freeze way to tenuous to ever be considered relevant?
    It doesn't have to be a direct connection. Just "I have no sympathy for known criminals, and I think hes guilty before seeing any evidence." will immediately keep you out of trial. No lawyer wants that guy.

I've gotten out of jury duty because I've had friends in car accidents before and the case was about a drunk driver. It does not take much, if Bruce actually wanted to get out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    It does not take much, if Bruce actually wanted to get out of it.
    I think Ijust assumed Bruce wanted to do it or is doing it because he think it's his duty.

If he wanted to get out of it than yeah definitely he should easily be able to.

I think Ijust assumed Bruce wanted to do it or is doing it because he think it's his duty.

If he wanted to get out of it than yeah definitely he should easily be able to.
    In the comic he's super pissed off and beating up bathrooms about it. No, he doesn't want to be there.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20160916032646

That's Dc's classic multiverse.

Those universe are forged in a forge by a forgeron using magical metal in then raised up into the proper multiverse.

The unstable universe don't raised all the way to the mutiverse and are quickly destroyed. So there's a bunch of unstable worlds under the proper multiverse. They are the failed draft you can say.

The Batmen from the story are from some of those failed draft. The evil demon in the story is the bodyguard of the forgeron that got tired being in this shitty place and wanted yo go up the proper multiverse. The wole event is trying to sink the universe below were the failed draft are "the dark multiverse".

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

They are making new forces in the DC universe with the still, strength and Sage force. And my initial answer is no. It's probaby because they decided to tie it into the speed force. If it was just some new character with this concept I would probably be fine. But I'm really not into it.

Also I don't like them breaking the wall which I always liked as the insurmountable barrier. And I don't like all the special metal being so linked together especially the metal of the gods. I like when not everything is linked. To me it makes the world bigger not smaller(one of the reason I consider One Piece small).

Basically I'm being like those purist that hates change.
    Thanks Dude!!!!!

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Am I the only one who absolutely hates the Silver surfer? I mean on paper he seems cool, silver guy, rides a surfboard at light speeds through the universe, goes on cosmic adventures has awesome powers and what not, but I've read his comics time and again and all he ever does is mope and complain, seriously it's all he does, he complains about his home world being destroyed and being Galactus pawn to help him destroy stuff.... which you expect at first, you know he needs to show some remorse of course..... but he never stops, it's constant for years!!!

they need to do with him what they did with Hulk, give his powers/appearance to someone else who will enjoy going on cosmic adventures with the glee and wit, like doctor who does in his series

Hell just rip it off call it the totally awesome silver surfer

what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    they need to do with him what they did with Hulk, give his powers/appearance to someone else who will enjoy going on cosmic adventures with the glee and wit, like doctor who does in his series
    He had a recent series written by Dan Slott that's basically Doctor Who (the author is even a huge fan) where he travels with a female human love interest. It's more lighthearted than the average Silver Surfer stories, so you should check it out.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    He had a recent series written by Dan Slott that's basically Doctor Who (the author is even a huge fan) where he travels with a female human love interest. It's more lighthearted than the average Silver Surfer stories, so you should check it out.
    That's awesome news! Glad there finally getting the character right! I'll def check that out, thanks man!

I was under the impression Amadeus Cho's run as the Hill was divisive. Plus if you want to blame Radd's continued mopery on anyone I would think that would be the fault of writers who can't do anything new with characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    I was under the impression Amadeus Cho's run as the Hill was divisive. Plus if you want to blame Radd's continued mopery on anyone I would think that would be the fault of writers who can't do anything new with characters.
    It's "divisive" because Cho's not a white dude. The book itself is great. It's written by Greg Pak who is an excellent writer who has done the Hulk right plenty in the past.

Might be biased here since he did my favorite Hulk run of all time (Planet Hulk -> World War Hulk -> Son of Hulk -> Incredible Hulks).

Cho was one of the best new elements to the Hulk mythos Pak added back during World War Hulk, so actually doing something Totally Awesome with him is great.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 ē Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Definitely should've taken the idiocy of the diversity kills brigade into account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Definitely should've taken the idiocy of the diversity kills brigade into account.
    Yeah... there's a whole "thing" going on with that in the comic community right now... it's kinda super depressing...

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 ē Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information