Closed Thread
Page 212 of 327 FirstFirst ... 112 162 202 210 211 212 213 214 222 262 312 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,240 of 6532

Thread: SQUARE ENIX - Single Player RPGs are dead?

Default Re: Final Fantasy X-2.5 audio drama plot... LOL Square Enix is heartbroken!

Quote Originally Posted by Getsuya View Post
    In FFX-2 you can go wherever you want whenever you want. In fact it's advisable to avoid doing the story missions until you're absolutely sure you've checked 100% of the rest of the world first to make sure you don't miss conversations or non-story missions.

Incidentally the conversation thing is dead serious. In order to get the best secret ending you have to 100% the game, which means seeing every single line of dialogue. This often means checking back in with every person in the world after each event and talking to them multiple times each time to make sure it's not a multi-part conversation. Have fun.
    when I see the bolded words, I can't help but think of the song, lol

But yeah though, thanks for the info.
    FMA 03> FMA Brotherhood

Default Re: Final Fantasy X-2.5 audio drama plot... LOL Square Enix is heartbroken!

wait... is it just an audio drama? As in a cd, not an actual game?
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I think what some people were hung up on was the prospect of it becoming an actual game

Quote Originally Posted by Kazushige Nojima
    If there's enough demand, then we may possibly see new developments […] I would personally like to see a sequel like 'X-3.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...equel-like-x-3

Stay foxy out there! Kitsune Inferno's Avatar

Well, it's actually total setup for a third game. It's obvious that something is going down here. There's no way Square Enix would open up plot threads and not close them in a game where Yuna switches through a shit ton of skimpy outfits to battle enemies.

Wait...

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

And once FFX gets its trilogy, Square Enix will turn to its bestselling Final Fantasy for two more games:

Ladies and gentlemen, I bring you Final Fantasy VIII-2 by Motomu Toriyama

Spoiler:
    We open at the victory party the group throws in celebration of Ultimecia's defeat and Squall and Rinoa kiss for the very first time. The two look at each other passionately for 13 seconds, then Rinoa vomits.

We cut to three months later. Rinoa is studying for her SeeD exam. With the world in a state of confusion following the Galbadian Army's plight, order must be brought to the world of FF8 and Rinoa wants to be a SeeD in order to help out. Selphie has gone off to Trabia Garden while Irvine leads Galbadia Garden, and Zell becomes a field agent working between Gardens. Quistis oversees operations in Balamb and resumes her role as instructor and is Rinoa's direct mentor. For some reason, she died her hair red. Squall has disappeared and everyone believes him dead but Rinoa.

Rinoa makes a new friend, fellow cadet, he loud and rambunctious Orika, and after getting her Ifrit GF, she is joined in her field exam by the bookish and quiet Kazuo, and fellow SeeD cadet Seifer. They are to head to Trabia Town, a city built within the last two months somehow, and assist Trabia SeeD inholding off mysterious attacks from monsters. On their way, Rinoa notices how much Seifer has grown, but she passes out at this point. When she wakes up, the mission is over. But not only has she failed the mission, she is the only survivor of the massacre. She roams around town to find everyone has the same wounds: gunblade wounds. It is then explained meticulously how gunblade wounds are different than blade or gun moves. She then notices in the distance, Seifer is standing alone, his gunblade bloodied.

She then wakes up back on the ship en route to Trabia Town. She realizes that she just had a bad dream, so she, Kazuo, and Seifer prepare for their mission. Their goal is to keep monsters from invading Trabia Town from the mountains to the west. Seifer displays a lot more cunning and maturity, making sure the group does exactly as told. He still has his cocky attitude, but he's ultimately different than he was before. This attracts Rinoa to him.

Things start to get weird when screams are heard in the village. Kazuo expects to remain in their post, but Seifer goes against orders and decides to head into town. Rinoa then remembers her dream and realizes it was a vision. She convinces Kazuo to come with her after Seifer when Orika arrives with a withdraw order. The three of them head into town after Seifer. After fightng a random boss and unlocking a new BATTLE WEAR for Rinoa, the party arrives in town to a bloody massacre. Seifer stands alone, bloodied and gunblade, and mumbling to himself. Rinoa screams in horror as Quistis and Selphie subdue him and take him in for questioning. Rinoa and her friends are ordered to withdraw back to Garden, as the mission is over.

So, weirdly enough, I'm actually invested in this. I'm actually riffing off of an old fanfic idea I had, and so part of me is actually taking this post seriously... :X I'm just gonna stop here.

I like how the last Japanese commercial for the game spoils the crap out of X. I guess they're assuming everyone who is going to buy it is already a fan who has previously played the game.

In other, related news, Squeenix is really bad at advertising their own games.

Stay foxy out there! Kitsune Inferno's Avatar

Welcome to Final Fantasy, where the sequels are made up and the plot resolution doesn't matter!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    Welcome to Final Fantasy, where the sequels are made up and the plot resolution doesn't matter!
    With supporting characters so likeable you'll wish they were the main characters instead.

Come for the hype stay for the disappointment and blown potential.

What in the name of horror are they unleashing upon this world?

All of these rectal ideas coming from Square Anus are making me fear for XV in all it's greatness...

Not only do they expand on the milked out X franchise by continuing from the really bad game, X-2, but now they are going to destroy the classic VIII story with yet another "Let's look for protagonist who is now missing" type garbage. Ugh. Can they never learn?

Where are the intuitive minds that made Final Fantasy a standard of insane quality in gameplay, story, art, themes, music and characters? Why have they lost the touch? How did they think that FFXII was a good idea in general?

I hope they won't touch IX. They've already put VII through some tough times, and now this VIII reboot... When will they just cut their losses and concentrate their efforts into the new games? It's obvious that they're lacking in quality from seeing the wreckages that were XII and XIII...

I am not amused and I fear for the future of this company.
    Last edited by Selph; December 28th, 2013 at 02:38 AM.

I don't know why they didn't just put Braveley Default as a Final Fantasy, it's blatantly obvious that it was supposed to be a Final Fantasy game yet it's somehow not.

Now they have a great title not selling as much as it deserves while they continue to churn out crap for the actual Final Fantasy brand itself. Just doesn't make sense.
    Oh hey, I do videos on figures and manga and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/thatmanhismerch

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-Robin View Post
    I don't know why they didn't just put Braveley Default as a Final Fantasy, it's blatantly obvious that it was supposed to be a Final Fantasy game yet it's somehow not.

Now they have a great title not selling as much as it deserves while they continue to churn out crap for the actual Final Fantasy brand itself. Just doesn't make sense.
    Bravely Default? What a weird title for a game. The game itself seems to be likeable.

My thought on the matter of sequels : As long as the game is good and don't retcon its prequel, they can make a sequel of any games they want.

So, I'll wait and see what they produce if a sequel is made.

Also, about Bravely Default not being an official Final Fantasy game, I think it was a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by fana View Post
    My thought on the matter of sequels : As long as the game is good and don't retcon its prequel, they can make a sequel of any games they want.

So, I'll wait and see what they produce if a sequel is made.

Also, about Bravely Default not being an official Final Fantasy game, I think it was a good idea.
    Both X-2 and 13-2 retcon the ending of the previous one. So Squeenix really doesn't have a good track record of not doing so.

I looked better in Gen V Kazhar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Selph View Post
    What in the name of horror are they unleashing upon this world?

All of these rectal ideas coming from Square Anus are making me fear for XV in all it's greatness...

Not only do they expand on the milked out X franchise by continuing from the really bad game, X-2, but now they are going to destroy the classic VIII story with yet another "Let's look for protagonist who is now missing" type garbage. Ugh. Can they never learn?

Where are the intuitive minds that made Final Fantasy a standard of insane quality in gameplay, story, art, themes, music and characters? Why have they lost the touch? How did they think that FFXII was a good idea in general?

I hope they won't touch IX. They've already put VII through some tough times, and now this VIII reboot... When will they just cut their losses and concentrate their efforts into the new games? It's obvious that they're lacking in quality from seeing the wreckages that were XII and XIII...

I am not amused and I fear for the future of this company.
    You do know that was just a fanfic from Kitsune Inferno, right ?
    Not that I think a real sequel would have a better plot.
    And neither X-2 nor XII were that bad. When they're compared to the most recent entries in the series at least.

3DS Friend Code : 3222 - 6913 - 3431

Quote Originally Posted by Getsuya View Post
    Both X-2 and 13-2 retcon the ending of the previous one. So Squeenix really doesn't have a good track record of not doing so.
    I didn't play X-2 so I can't comment about it but I played XIII-2. What did XIII-2 retcon exactly ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazhar View Post
    You do know that was just a fanfic from Kitsune Inferno, right ?
    Not that I think a real sequel would have a better plot.
    And neither X-2 nor XII were that bad. When they're compared to the most recent entries in the series at least.
    Wow. I'm instantly relieved.

Quote Originally Posted by fana View Post
    I didn't play X-2 so I can't comment about it but I played XIII-2. What did XIII-2 retcon exactly ?
    Maybe my definition of retcon is rusty, but when one game shows a happy ending and then the next game says 'buuuut actually 5 seconds later everything went to hell' I consider that a retcon.

Also they retconned gods and time travel and Lightning being some kind of chosen heroine of eternity into the mix.

To be perfectly fair X-2 is less of a retcon than 13-2 until the super-special secret chocolate-covered sprinkle ending that just goes full-on fanfic and flips X the bird.

Well, that's it. We don't have the same definition of retcon. I'm fine with what they did in XIII-2.

As long as the sequel don't make important retcon, I'm fine with that. By important retcon, I mean for example bringing people back to life when their death was certain in the prequel.

Spoiler FFVII
    Spoiler:
    Imagine FFVII-2 where it's revealed Aerith is alive.

Small retcon like the ones we can find in JJBA is not a big deal so I'm fine with that too.

Fear not, for if XIII-2 wasn't enough of a disappointing story for you, then Lightning Returns will be there to fill that retcon void!

I don't even need to know the story. I was disappointed enough when they showed gameplay videos that made it look like a Kingdom Hearts-style open action RPG when in reality it's the same old instanced-command-based-battles from the last two games only this time with only one party member because apparently Lightning is the only character anyone ever wanted to play as.

Edit: Actually this is incorrect. It does have a one-button-one-attack system set up just like Kingdom Hearts but the battles are instanced like an FF game.
    Last edited by Getsuya; December 28th, 2013 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-Robin View Post

Isn't that ironic though?

Closed Thread

Thread Information