+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: One More Time Cosplays and Props

Default One More Time Cosplays and Props

So I never thought I would make myself another personal thread. (My other one is long dead, so let's leave it alone.) But recently the husband and I have started doing prop commissions. We are new at it, so we haven't done too many. This thread will mainly be filled with our props. But we may also throw in a few of our cosplays.

And in case anyone is wondering, why yes we do have cosplays planned that will go with our title.

First up is a commission we got for Zidane Tribal Daggers from FF: Dissidia. We have only been working on it for about one day now. But we are progressing nicely. Not much is there yet, only the basic shape cut out with some primer on it.

If you look in the background, you can see part of another weapon prop we are working on. :3 It belongs to someone from this forum. heehee

The blade is roughly 16 inches. Which is about the length of Chris forearm.

image credit to Fleur. <3

DA LJ twitter

Default Re: One More Time Cosplays and Props

this thread makes me SO SUPER EXCITED *u* I'm glad it finally let you make the thread, Omni! Those daggers are BEAUTIFUL! Is that all wood? carved from wood???

lol yeah I finally figured out what was wrong. XD

Yep those are going to be carved from wood!

DA LJ twitter

On the cosplay cruise! MoonNeko's Avatar

OH MY GOD I SEE MY BAZOOKA OH MY GOD OH MY GOD XD I know you're posting the daggers, but..but..MY FREAKIN' BAZOOKA *__________________________*

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFF

Also..those daggers look fucking AWESOME O_O HOLY SHIT

yeah I don't want to quite post the bazooka yet as it doesn't look like much.

The daggers are a lot simpler in design so even just the basic shape looks like progress. XD But we still are working on your bazooka!

DA LJ twitter

You are so awesome at doing props! That looks really nice and smooth!

Ohhh, those are coming along great!

Spoiler:
    You left your hair band at my house. Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by MoonNeko View Post
    OH MY GOD I SEE MY BAZOOKA OH MY GOD OH MY GOD XD I know you're posting the daggers, but..but..MY FREAKIN' BAZOOKA *__________________________*

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFF

Also..those daggers look fucking AWESOME O_O HOLY SHIT
    Nice work, they look great.
    Heh speaking of Bazooka, need to see if anyone has tips on a Strong World Style cannons...

Trying for SW Shanks for next AM in Houston.
    ďAre you willing to risk your life? Now that youíve drawn your pistol, are you willing to use it?

thanks guys <3 Also Chris does most of the manual labor. I am more the business side.

@Bri: lol like it matters. :P Oh noes! I'll never come to your house again and I'll never get that hair tie! Woe is me. XD

@Carlston:Was that cardboard tube for the SW Shanks? Hmmm got any pictures and I'll see if my hubby has any tips for you.

DA LJ twitter

LE GASP. I've got it hanging up so we don't forget it later :p

I have actually posted this before in the general thread. But it has been about a year since they were posted and since I have no made my own thread, I am reposting. :P

Last year, a friend of ours was planning on cosplay Gilbert Nightray from Pandora Hearts. She is an excellent seamstress, but isn't really a prop maker (Although, she still makes really decent props.) She was at a loss on how to make his gun. So Chris offered to make it for her.

The gun is mostly made out of plexiglass, that my husband carved and shaped into the gun shape. As you can tell, it does flip open and you can slip bullets in. Sadly, the bullets don't actually shoot out of it. Actually...I don't think she would be able to take it to conventions if it did. The handle of the gun is made out of wood and then stained to give it the darker finish.

The bullets are actually molded from the tip of a permanent marker. And then painted to give the look of a real bullet. Not only can you load the gun, but the barrel spins and the trigger can be pulled back.

This was our first official prop made. And while there is room for vast improvement, we are pleased with the outcome. I should note that we really had no idea on how to make this and it took several tries before the finish.

DA LJ twitter

These re real cool! Very nicely done, too.
    I'll be watching to see what else you two come up with!

I believe I posted these in the general thread, but I can't really remember.

The first set of pictures is the process in which we made the mask. I took a cast of my husband's face and then he shaped/sculpted the mask out of clay over it. Not pictured is the process we took from the clay version of the mask all the way to the finished piece.

Spoiler:

The mask is actually cast out of resin. And is surprising a lot heavier duty that it looks. This is based off of the Plague Doctor from Assassin's Creed:Brotherhood, so it is not completely accurate to the Ventian Masks that it mimics. It is however an almost exact replica to the mask worn in ACB
    Spoiler:

We do still have the mold pieces for this mask, so if anyone is interested in one, let me know. We will be selling them for about $80. Though remember this was based off of my husband's face. So if you have a small girl face, I would recommend it. Unless you just want for more of a decoration type thing.

Also have no fear if you have a smaller face, we do plan on in the future making me a Plague Doctor mask, so a slightly smaller sized one will be available.

DA LJ twitter

WOW...Just...WOW...Amazing!! This is what I call HARDCORE COSPLAY!
    Have you a cosplay.com account? ( Have you done more cosplays..? )

I do have a coscom account....but I don't ever use.

We have done more cosplays but the quality of them are quite lacking. lol We have actually improved quite vastly in our skills in the past year and half. Although our area of expertise (so to speak) is in my husband's prop making. But I am slowly teaching myself how to sew, so hopefully the actual costumes will get better.

If you actually want to see our cosplays, I have the actual decent ones up in my DA (the link is in my signature.) Otherwise here is a link to my my coscom

DA LJ twitter

Nice, I'm gonna so look! 8D Thanks! I thought that you had done more than those weopons cause it was so cool stuff...;D

XD thank thanks. No sadly we don't have more cosplays. But I am determined to makethat change this year. I am planning a Shandian group with Hopelessecko and Coralsnake. Plus I have a few none One Piece cosplays planned. Most of my costume making was on hold due to me being unemployed. But I have a job now, so yay!

DA LJ twitter

:d :d :d :d :d :d Yeah!!! I Am Soo Excite About This Xd

aaaaaaaahhhh! I am excited about this group too! Chris is almost convinced for Braham. Heehee. I can't wait till Chris gives me permission to post your cannon progress too! I think it looks neat so far, but there isn't much to it. Just like the skeleton of it. XD

DA LJ twitter

OH GOD..CHRIS IS SUCH A TEASE XD If he decides to do Braham..OH MY GOD.. THAT WOULD BE SOO SOO FUCKING AMAZING XD *dies* EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! AND..I'm also EXTREMELY excited to see any pics of the Bazooka, oh god..I'm all jittery just THINKING about it xD EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information