+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: One More Time Cosplays and Props

Default Re: One More Time Cosplays and Props

As a surprise, we made the Naginata blade for cactusmomma's Robe of Yuen Erza cosplay.

Have some in progress pictures, while I figure out if we ever took final product pictures...

Spoiler:

Last edited by omnichild; June 5th, 2011 at 07:52 AM.

image credit to Fleur. <3

DA LJ twitter

Here's your final product!

It's seriously the prettiest prop I have ever seen ;o;

lol thanks hun. XD Chris says he took some pictures of the final product before giving it to you. But I am not finding these supposed pictures anywhere on my computer and laptop. So I think he drank some crazy juice.

DA LJ twitter

It's also a height reference. The naginata unscrews at about 4 feet high, while the whole thing is.. I'm estimating 6'0" (I'm 5'8").

ACen's security thought it was real.

Took about a week to relax from the con before starting work on Otakon stuff. For Otakon, we have to make the Kamakiri spear for coralsnake. Luckily that one was done a couple months ago. Wiper's Burn Cannon for hopelessecko, Aisa for my daughter and Laki for myself. Plus the sword for Aokiji.

Chris has been working hard on the Burn Cannon the past couple days. We still have a long way to go, but it looks like it is progressing nicely so far. Now I just need to get working on the costumes.....

This is what it has looked like for the past few months. Chris hasn't been able to do much work on it, due to getting stuff done for ACen. Doesn't look like much, does it?

Here is a bit more progress. He has started to finish up the handle of the cannon.

A slight close up of the handle.

Another close up of the handle, with it being more "finished" Still a long way to go. But hopefully we can get it done!

Upcoming projects: WhiteBeard Staff (for Misty, although, we want to get the cannon heavily underway first.) And Ragna's sword from Blazblu for another friend. But once again, need to get other stuff done.

DA LJ twitter

oh god. ALL THE PROPS GOING ON IN HERE ARE AMAZING *.*!!!!!!! I LOVE the progress on the burn bazooka ;u; and Erza's staff is BEAUTIFUL OMG

Getting some more progress done of the Burn Bazooka. It is turning out quite nicely so far.

DA LJ twitter

Man this looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by omnichild View Post
    Wicked stuff. The proportions and designs are so accurate TTuTT *perfectionisttears*

@Akutabi: lol height-wise it isn't *accurate* because well Moonneko isn't all that tall and we are making it to scale to her. XD But every thing else is pretty much accurate scale.

@Arabee: Thank you! He is going to be painting the handle in the pictures tonight! I can't wait to post the pictures of it!

DA LJ twitter

@Akutabi: lol height-wise it isn't *accurate* because well Moonneko isn't all that tall and we are making it to scale to her. XD But every thing else is pretty much accurate scale.

@Arabee: Thank you! He is going to be painting the handle in the pictures tonight! I can't wait to post the pictures of it!
    LOL well in proportion to itself and Mooneko, then it TOTALLY IS O.< *deathwink* I'm still geeking out. Can't wait to see those next WIP pics.

XD thanks. Hubby painted the handle part today. So not a huge amount of progress but enough to tease you guys with. XD

There is a dark spot on it, that only shows up in pictures. I don't know why. I don't know if it is just a shadow, because I took the picture before the paint had fully dried or just the flash being a poohead. XD

DA LJ twitter

God your props look so incredible! I need to commission you someday~

XD thanks. Hubby painted the handle part today. So not a huge amount of progress but enough to tease you guys with. XD

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...IMG_1687-1.jpg

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...IMG_1688-1.jpg

There is a dark spot on it, that only shows up in pictures. I don't know why. I don't know if it is just a shadow, because I took the picture before the paint had fully dried or just the flash being a poohead. XD
    This is making me very excited. I'm kinda sad that my staff for Eneru will be quite literally be a curtain rod. It's as if Oda literally copied one in reference. I have my work cut out for me * _____ * there goes half the fun. But back to you/yo hubs stuff, I'm totally wanting to trade prop secrets sometimes in the near future. If there one thing I love, it's making props and weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by CatMonster View Post
    God your props look so incredible! I need to commission you someday~
    Unrelated note CM, your avatar icon and signature make me lol hard. That movie.

lol feel free to hit me up on aim sometime! My sn is Omnichan. I'm rarely on there though XD So bad at keeping up with people. But we can definitely trade tips/secrets!

DA LJ twitter

lol feel free to hit me up on aim sometime! My sn is Omnichan. I'm rarely on there though XD So bad at keeping up with people. But we can definitely trade tips/secrets!
    Haha i hardly, if ever, use AIM now. Skype's my main modus operendi nowadays do to work calls and long distances work associates. But I think this place is working fine right now u.<

lol like I said I rarely get on mine. XD I don't use skype. If you have a facebook, feel free to add me!

DA LJ twitter

LOL I hardly use aim, but I can start again. Though I do have you on FB, so that works too! <3

Awesome looking Burn Bazooka! I need to start looking more into what to use for the prop I want to make. I probably need to stop at the Hobby Lobby by me and see what they have sometime

what are you making? I could maybe get some suggestions for you.

DA LJ twitter

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information