+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: One More Time Cosplays and Props

Default Re: One More Time Cosplays and Props

He is thinking about it. We both agree Braham would be super easy to do except his bomber Jacket. Although Chris is totally too skinny for Braham. lol oh well. XD But he wants to get his other cosplays done first before making Braham. He is working on Captain Harlock, Plague Doctor and Aokiji right now.

Actually speaking of Aokiji, he is making an ice sword to go with it. So I'll have to post up pictures of that progress sometime soon.

Anyway, Chris and I are working on a Super Secret Prop right now! Alright it isn't super, but it is a secret. And really we are only doing it cause it is super simple and will probably be done in a month or two.

Spoiler:

Anyone want to guess what it is? So far it is a pole that we cut down to about four feet in length and then put a dark stain on it. Although I think I might have to stain it a little dark still....hmmm....

image credit to Fleur. <3

DA LJ twitter

I agree with Tim's guess.

@cactus: lol, I have been tempted to hit him with it. XD

Did some more work on the secret project today. It is coming along nicely. Although the picture this time is a crappy cellphone quality one because the hubby left the camera at his work.

Any one ready to guess it yet?

DA LJ twitter

On the cosplay cruise! MoonNeko's Avatar

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF OH MY GOD.. YES YES YES YES YES AND FUCK YES!!!! GOD.. I just..I just wanna sit in your house and WATCH Chris make these props. SOOO BADLY. Just. Sit there, and pose with ALL OF THEM and take retarded pictures. God. DO I. DO I.

ahahaha, Chris is retarded with them too. He keeps poking me with this spear. And it is sharp, so it hurts!

DA LJ twitter

I want to see a pic of him poking you with that sexy awesome spear ;u; FFFFFFF

also... I... man. You guys and your props. I would be willing to throw some of my tax return at you if he'd make WB's staff... xDDD Those props... OMG. You guys make stuff I couldn't possibly dream of making ;u; it's so amazing to see what you guys MAKE

lol well we aren't taking on anymore commissions at this moment because we need to finish the ones we have right now and then work on our own cosplays. XD

But hopefully they will be open right after acen. (Actually I hope we'll reopen them before then...)

Also, we'll totally make his staff actual size....you know like a 100 feet tall. XD

DA LJ twitter

OMG. When I planned to make the staff, I planed for it to be at LEAST 7 ft tall, because it TOWERS over WB's head and I'm 5 ft tall... so two feet over my head. Yeah. Most epic prop EVER. Plus, it'd be taller than most people... MWAHAHAHAHAH so it wouldn't be small compared to even 6ft tall peoples. I would love to be on your list for this thought ;u; I mean I know I can make a staff... it won't look nice though... not nice like the quality of you guy's prop work ;u;

XD <3 aaaawww I'm sure your staff would have looked ok too. XD

DA LJ twitter

Lady Gaga? Take notes. Rebecky_Mo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by omnichild View Post
    @cactus: lol, I have been tempted to hit him with it. XD

Did some more work on the secret project today. It is coming along nicely. Although the picture this time is a crappy cellphone quality one because the hubby left the camera at his work.

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...IMAG0090-1.jpg

Any one ready to guess it yet?
    Hm. Spear. Totally looks Shandorian; just needs feathers by the blade.

Laki? Wiper? (Is the secret project for you or the hubby to use?)

CALGARA? Maybe with a matching Norland? (oh please please PLEASE!)

lol it is Shandian. The secret project is actually for Coralsnake. And she totally guessed it already. XD

It is going to be Kamakiri's spear. And actually Hopelessecko and I were talking about her and her sister doing Calgara and Norland and I mentioned I wanted to do Mousse at some time. XD Hmmm....The spear is really reasy to make and we are going to make molds of the spear head...we could totally make a Calgara spear super easy in the future.

DA LJ twitter

CALGARA SPEAR FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF

I may or may not go look into how much a wig costs for him. TODAY. TODAY.

Why am I soo wanting to cosplay that crazy awesome old bastard? XD FUFUFUFUFUUF

I actually guessed Kamakiri first, then my sis text you about it. I WIN THE INTERNET.

YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST EVER ;_;!!!!! *SUPER INTERNET HUGS*

Lady Gaga? Take notes. Rebecky_Mo's Avatar

Huh, the guess must've been made off AP Forums, cuz I can't see it here. But hey, Kamakiri's damn awesome too. Excellent sense of style too. XD

Quote Originally Posted by MoonNeko View Post
    CALGARA SPEAR FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF

I may or may not go look into how much a wig costs for him. TODAY. TODAY.

Why am I soo wanting to cosplay that crazy awesome old bastard? XD FUFUFUFUFUUF
    BECAUSE CALGARA'S AWESOME. AND NORLAND TOO. *nods* I'm rewatching the Skypiea arc via Funimation, and I'm eager to get to their episodes. Ancient cross-cultural bromance, One Piece style FTW!

His wig would be a PAIN to keep styled though; probably fairly expensive too. D:

lol oh it was totally off ap. She texted me her guess. XD

I love the skypiea arc so much! Aaaahhh I want to rewatch it again now! And I can't wait to start on my daughter's Aisa and my Laki. So much fun!

OMG! OMG! Coral! Moon! If we do Ancient Shandians, I'll have Naoko cosplay a little Nola. ahahahahah. XD

DA LJ twitter

OH MY GOD LITTLE NOLA??? FFFFFFFFFFFFFF SOOO EFFING CUTE XD AHHHHH!!!!

@rebecky_mo Yeah, I've got a wig I've got my eyes on, it's pretty simple and kinda just..keeps that shape without much effort. I'm not gonna try and get something that looks EXACTLY like his hair, for that would be impossible x_x; it's like trying to get a stache that looks EXACTLY like Rogers x_x; I have a happy medium right now, it's not big or long enough, but I like it XD LOL

My daughter's Kiki cosplay is almost done! I just need to make the bloomers and then cut/style the real wig. The wig used for this mini "test" shoot was just a short black wig I had from another cosplay (that still needs to be made...) So I just used it as a stand in. OMG! I am so nervous about cutting the real wig. D:

Spoiler:

DA LJ twitter

I'm super nervous about cutting my new Sanji wig too x_x; I've had it almost a year now..god..that's pitiful xD LOL

Your daughter looks SOOO THE PART XD AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SOOO CUTE!! I wish I'd gotten to dress up and be awesome as a kid like this T__T buuuu she's soo lucky!! GREAT job Omni, she really looks great :D

check up from the neck up eerie's Avatar

damn, i'm lazy and want someone to make me Law's scabbard (with a hilt sticking out of it).

@Moonneko: XD aaaaw thank you. She loved your comment too. It made her get a blushy. XD

@eerie lol I'm sure my hubby could make it, if we had the time. But we are booked right now. XD

DA LJ twitter

My husband is the prop maker of our group. But I do the makeup. And recently I was asked by a friend to do his makeup at ACen. He wants to do the Janitor from Bioshock.

This was the second attempt. The first attempt didn't turn out right so no pictures of that. lol It is the finished product by any means.

This is a latex prosthetic that I made myself. It is affixed to my skin with spirit gum and then painted with makeup. Unfortunately it didn't really want to take the makeup. Plus it wasn't as smooth as I would have liked. But the "client" is pleased with the turn out so far. I plan on doing another run on this with a better quality brush to get hopefully a smoother finish. Plus I am going to try some different materials.

DA LJ twitter

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information