+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Default The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Has been announced yesterday.

[youtube]ZGSmUH4_K_U[/youtube]

Day one buy for me.
    I hope they will leave the quick travel and auto-level for monsters out this one, and make it more like Morrowind.
    Last edited by Gaiyae; December 12th, 2010 at 10:27 AM.

Xbox: Gaiyae
    Psn id:
    Gaiyae
    3ds FC: 3609 - 1026 - 9535

Discovered Stowaway Supernademan's Avatar

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

If its like Fallout 3 with swords id buy it 1st day.
    Any release date info?
    edit: it says 11 11 11 in the trailer

So happy when I heard about this. Oblivion was such a fantastic game!

Can't wait for Skyrim.
    Quote Originally Posted by sanji499 View Post
    I wonder what was Bale's reaction when the stunt double broke the imax camera?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    In the United States we don't have much manga around, specifically One Piece, and mainly the newer chapters - Jan 2011

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yesyesyesyesyesyesyes Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesye syesyesyesyesy
    esyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes
    *foams out of his mouth*
    FUCK YES GODDAMN

Well fuck yes, first mass effect 3 and now this, what great day. Just hoping that it's gonna be more like Morrowind than Oblivion.
    And when you pop the top, the panties drop

It sounds interesting, hopefully they'll release more information soon. I just hope I have a job by then. Not that I won't still buy it if I don't.

Oblivion was so awful and did so well I almost feel inherently put off by the concept of another Elder Scrolls game because the first idea you think of is they're just going to sequel Oblivion and make another half-assed bad game.

If it goes the Morrowind route it should all work out though. Get things back to not sucking.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernademan View Post
    If its like Fallout 3 with swords id buy it 1st day.
    I don't know what to say to this, because it's so bizarro and backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Hell View Post
    Oblivion was so awful and did so well I almost feel inherently put off by the concept of another Elder Scrolls game because the first idea you think of is they're just going to sequel Oblivion and make another half-assed bad game.
    This is almost similar to how I initially felt about New Vegas after playing through Fallout 3.

Oblivion was disappointing, but not terrible, I enjoyed every single second I had with it.
    I'm very happy about this announcement, playing Arena now, already have Daggerfall downloaded and my Morrowind and Oblivion discs on the shelves, as well as all expansions and the spinoff games that aren't the shitty N-Gage ones.
    Will do a big TES run while hyping myself for this game.

Regardless of how disappointing, or of how much it changes, I'm sure it will stay TES at heart and that I will enjoy it all the way through

I really enjoyed Oblivion. Loved it. I feel abnormal and dirty now.
    Quote Originally Posted by sanji499 View Post
    I wonder what was Bale's reaction when the stunt double broke the imax camera?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    In the United States we don't have much manga around, specifically One Piece, and mainly the newer chapters - Jan 2011

Quote Originally Posted by iSheep View Post
    Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yesyesyesyesyesyesyes Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesye syesyesyesyesy
    esyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes
    *foams out of his mouth*
    FUCK YES GODDAMN
    did you come from an alternate universe in which the eventual existence of this game wasn't a foregone conclusion from the instant Oblivion went on sale?

Eh, i didn't like Oblivion that much. After a while it was just tedious and boring to me. I was most excited about the Mass Effect 3 and Uncharted 3 announcements.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Please tell me this is running on a new engine. Bethdesa's engine has been looking old for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by IamGod View Post
    Please tell me this is running on a new engine. Bethdesa's engine has been looking old for years now.
    Good news then

http://kotaku.com/5712806/oh-good-el...ken-old-engine

Verrrrrrrrrry nice. Was dreaming of Oblivion on Cryengine 3 but any improvements are welcome. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    did you come from an alternate universe in which the eventual existence of this game wasn't a foregone conclusion from the instant Oblivion went on sale?
    I'm just excited that its finally been announced. TES has been my favorite game series since Daggerfall, so I'm happy to hear that a new TES is coming. I'm putting a lot of faith in this one to be more like morrowind, with more political intrigue and betrayal and Skyrim is the ideal setting for it.
    In the TES universe the province of Skyrim (the viking variant of TES) has always been a playground for wars and clan rivality.

I'm so happy right now. I love Morrowind. I've never played Oblivion, everybody told me Morrwind was better. But I'm looking forward to this.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    In the furnace....full of love thats just and earnest

My main gripes with Oblivion was that the quest wasn't as epic and the world wasn't as diverse as Morrowind. You went from a place that had deserts, marshes, plains, tropical islands, volcanoes, icy mountains, etc and a story where you were the reincarnation of one of the tribunal of of false gods. I mean nothing in Oblivion came close to the feeling of stepping into Vivic and then seeing the floating gaol. Everything just looked nice was all forest...and cold forest...sometimes wet forest but meh...

Also having cities not in the world makes it feel less alive. I dunno there were some big steps back and Skyrim's setting probably won't fix the lack of a diverse world (inb4 lots of know and mountains) but i hope they fix the plot and the game play. I don't mind being the chosen one as long its something as cool and being the Nerevarine...

I need to play Morrowind one of these days.

Oblivion was fun as hell in spite of its obvious jankyness. Still, I hope Skyrim is more than just "more of the same" - like New Vegas was.

Also: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...skyrims-engine :<

I hope to god the NPC's are at least bearable enough to look at, I got really hated oblivion and F3 because everyone including yourself was just really ugly...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information