+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Watched the latest trailer, think I'm going to stop doing that now.
    It's hard to wait for the GotY edition when you want to play it now!
    NintendoNetworkID:NJMancini, please leave a message saying you're from AP

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    In the furnace....full of love thats just and earnest

The world and cities certainly look much more epic than Oblivion. Nothing in that game captured the awe i felt when first walking into Vivec or seeing the mage towers on the eastern islands.

[YOUTUBE]ArbzAnHGpks[/YOUTUBE]

Loved Oblivion and I hope Skyrim is just as good. No, I hope it's better!

I hope it doesn't disappoint me like the second Fable game. I loved Fable 1 but I was sorely disappointed in Fable 2.
    Everything's Eventual...

Does my post at the top say All powerful Genie in it or am I goings dotty in my old age? The only genie I know of around these parts is Zephos so I will lay the blame on him.

On topic I hope this game has a better physics engine. Destructible environments would be a great addition to a battle with dragon.

Just spotted Skyrim Collectors edition on the UK GAME website, looks amazing
    http://www.game.co.uk/PS3/RolePlaying/~r356399/Elder-Scrolls-Skyrim-Collectors-Edition/

Looks nice! Although farrrr too expensive. I'll wait for the inevitable Game Of the Year edition with all of the DLC. No point buying earlier
    Oh hey, I do videos on figures and manga and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/thatmanhismerch

They've obviously heard the hype and are responding with a high price, cheeky gits

I heard it's because of the statue. Apparently it's an actually a high quality piece. Probably heavy too.

Unfortunately it's also one of those ones that'll probably be in stock for months after release.
    Oh hey, I do videos on figures and manga and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/thatmanhismerch

30cm tall, high quality PVC, modelled from actual in-game 3D digital files. It does look impresive

For all you fans of the game.

38 minutes of gameplay

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-Robin View Post
    Unfortunately it's also one of those ones that'll probably be in stock for months after release.
    Heh, about a month ago I saw all the Halo Reach Legendary editions get marked down to $50.
    NintendoNetworkID:NJMancini, please leave a message saying you're from AP

Quote Originally Posted by WarshipArc View Post
    Heh, about a month ago I saw all the Halo Reach Legendary editions get marked down to $50.
    Here the Legendary edition is barely worth 5 more than the regular edition.

Perplexingly Preposterous Roronoa Dodo's Avatar

Holy #@$%! How did I miss this? They have't tweeted this yet... Buffering that video with my slow ass connection is a real pain, but I WILL see it one way or another. (Will probably have to leave it buffering all day. Man I need to upgrade /whine)

I hope we can mod the hell out of this baby just like Oblivion. THAT, holds the best value for money if you ask me.

The era of Whitebeard is over. The time of Brownbeard, has come.

Oh man that video. I watched the whole thing and it's not helping my patience one bit lol. I didn't really need to want the game any more. It messes up in the middle and then when it starts up again the voice and video are off track from each other, but it's still really cool to see the game in all its glory. The character building system looks really cool. I really like the constellation setup with perks a lot. And from the sounds of it the Dark Brotherhood is in the game with a huge questline but doesn't count as one of the 3 guilds. I suppose that means there could be another hidden one somewhere too (though the thieves guild is already counted so I'm not sure what it'd be). I suppose arena or something. And the other guilds were addons in Oblivion so I suppose that's about right. I'm definitely getting the PC version, but I hope they fixed controller functionality for it this time around. Getting a controller to work with Oblivion on the PC is quite a hassle.

The collector's edition comes with a high quality foot tall statue and a somewhat large 200 page art book, and a very kickass cloth map. Those are some seriously good extras, but worth the $150 pricetag? Ehhhhh, that's a pretty tall order. When I think of paying like $90 for those three things and a DVD, which is essentially what I'd be doing, damn that's a lot. I have to admit that I really really want that cloth map, but I seriously doubt I'm going to be willing to sling that kind of cash around.

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Dodo View Post
    I hope we can mod the hell out of this baby just like Oblivion. THAT, holds the best value for money if you ask me.
    I'd say that's an absolute given. I'd actually like to tinker with the modding a bit for myself this time around.

Perplexingly Preposterous Roronoa Dodo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Urouge View Post
    I'd say that's an absolute given. I'd actually like to tinker with the modding a bit for myself this time around.
    Yeah, I know its been confirmed that the 'Creation Kit' will be released right after the game launch. What I'm hoping for is a less-buggy construction set. I gave up on the set after having the application crash several times. Right as I was about to save too lol.

The era of Whitebeard is over. The time of Brownbeard, has come.

Oh, I was mistaken. The cloth map is a pre order bonus rather than part of the collector's edition, so I'll get it anyway. The one draw for me has vanished lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Dodo View Post
    Yeah, I know its been confirmed that the 'Creation Kit' will be released right after the game launch. What I'm hoping for is a less-buggy construction set. I gave up on the set after having the application crash several times. Right as I was about to save too lol.
    Ah, I never bought Oblivion for the PC so I don't really know and thus have to take your word for it. In any case, I'll probably play through the game once before I have enough desire to meddle with reprogramming it to my liking, so that should give them plenty of time to patch it properly.

I'm going to watch the vid later after it buffers. It should be a cool reward after I'm done with all this work. Hopefully it looks decent enough to play n my PC at medium settings.

Could this seriously become one of the greatest RPG's ever made?!

I'm even more hyped after seeing that vid.

Xbox: Gaiyae
    Psn id:
    Gaiyae
    3ds FC: 3609 - 1026 - 9535

That cloth map... I so want it.

So if I pre-order from Amazon.co.uk, I get the map? (they're shipping to every country, aren't they?)

EDIT: Oh wait, checked the other sites too. They say free delivery... it's... so unbelievable! Is it true? I don't have to pay for shipping?
    Like here
    It says free delivery... it's too good to be true... hah, it'll be the best late birthday present!
    Last edited by Nolus; August 16th, 2011 at 03:33 AM.

Shipmate

I already despise this game for what it is going to do with my free time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolus View Post
    They say free delivery... it's... so unbelievable! Is it true? I don't have to pay for shipping?
    Like here
    It says free delivery... it's too good to be true... hah, it'll be the best late birthday present!
    I believe the delivery is free only if you live in the UK.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information