+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Fable fan base tends to be a bit aggressive.

What fanbase isn't ?

But Peter Molyneux's hyping sorta goes far above and beyond what other companies do when they're promoting their games.

He rather consistently gets called out for his pants-on-head-retarded claims that his next game will reinvent the wheel - and they have since the first Fable, our first brush with his brand of "marketing."
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    But Peter Molyneux's hyping sorta goes far above and beyond what other companies do when they're promoting their games.

He rather consistently gets called out for his pants-on-head-retarded claims that his next game will reinvent the wheel - and they have since the first Fable, our first brush with his brand of "marketing."
    ...Good point lol. I guess I should have used a less obvious example but he came to my head first.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronon View Post
    ...Good point lol. I guess I should have used a less obvious example but he came to my head first.
    S'cool.

That said, Bethesda does talk a damn big game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Agreed. I read through the full article in my recent GI and it's just insane...I find it hard to believe that they can fit it all on one disk when it comes to the 360 version.

My name is a Killing Word Zyordius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chronon View Post
    but Peter Molyneux really over hypes the Fable series.
    Absolutely true. Dude has over hyped his series every game and though I enjoyed the first I feel the series has degraded due to stream-lining and hype.
    Played the second, beat it and actually traded it in(which I almost never do) and never even bother with the third.

That's what worries me a little, this trend of stream-lining games like Marvel Alliance 2 and Mass Effect 2, granted I as well as many others enjoyed the changes to ME but at the same time it still felt a little gutted.
    They've already cut out a few things in Skyrim that have me worried (Mysticism) but at the same time they are adding in a few good ideas, it's a worry that has to be put on the back burner until more info comes out.
    Last edited by Zyordius; January 22nd, 2011 at 01:02 PM.

Skyrim looks amazing, my GameInformer issue arrived yesterday and damn! Finally. I'll have to trudge through Elder Scrolls IV again before release just to get back in the mindset, but it looks like the menu interface overhaul and new can of paint have really done the series a huge favor based off the screens in GI. Glad the junkiest system in video games has finally gotten an upgrade.

GameInformer article about the new gameplay element "Dragon shouts"

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...ostPageIndex=1

After collecting more than 60 individual words that form up into over 20 complete shouts, Skyrim’s hero will be a force to be reckoned with, especially considering that these dragon-based abilities will be layered on top of his normal leveled-up abilities in combat, traditional magic, and stealth. He’ll be able to slow down time around him with one shout, or use a special whispered dragon shout to stealthily move close to an enemy in a mere instant. And while they’re cagey about the details, Bethesda says that one shout will let a player summon an actual dragon, calling him by name to fight.
    sounds very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
    GameInformer article about the new gameplay element "Dragon shouts"

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...ostPageIndex=1

sounds very cool!

http://www.gameinformer.com/resized-...utfeatured.jpg
    I wonder what would happen if you shot that thing with an arrow from there?

Just read the preview earlier looks badass.

Quote Originally Posted by HiroVoid View Post
    I wonder what would happen if you shot that thing with an arrow from there?
    Don't worry, it'll be down to fight you in a minute either way.

GameInformer just ended its coverage for skyrim with a almost 1-hour long Todd Howard Q&A, where he answers some fan questions.
    http://www.gameinformer.com/p/esv.aspx
    btw, fanmade skyrim video, found it rather hilarious, because I almost was as excited about the teaser as the guy, but without nerd wood.
    [youtube]c9eGtyqz4gY&[/youtube]

Discovered Stowaway Minh Young Kim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
    GameInformer just ended its coverage for skyrim with a almost 1-hour long Todd Howard Q&A, where he answers some fan questions.
    http://www.gameinformer.com/p/esv.aspx
    btw, fanmade skyrim video, found it rather hilarious, because I almost was as excited about the teaser as the guy, but without nerd wood.
    [youtube]c9eGtyqz4gY&[/youtube]
    Haha that is awesome! I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS GAME.

New screenshots!

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/02/11/fi...olls-v-skyrim/

Looking good. I cant wait to see what the modders do with this game.

Gameplay trailer.

[youtube]JSRtYpNRoN0[/youtube]

*Mind is blown*

Xbox: Gaiyae
    Psn id:
    Gaiyae
    3ds FC: 3609 - 1026 - 9535

Heard that sound? Yeah, that was my jaw...

I have a feeling this is going to be the Game of the year. At least for me.

Third person looks promising this time. The models seem to mesh with environment, rather than float on it. Hopefully the final game reveals this to be true. There's a chance it may end up cheaping out.

Cant wait to mess around with this game. In Oblivion I ripped the shotgun model out of Half Life and switched the model out with a fire staff. I plan on putting Luffy's straw hat as wearable armor in this one.

My only problem with the trailer was that the water textures looked pretty bad. I guess that wont be much of problem for modders to fix.

My name is a Killing Word Zyordius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroy View Post
    Third person looks promising this time. The models seem to mesh with environment, rather than float on it. Hopefully the final game reveals this to be true. There's a chance it may end up cheaping out.
    It would be nice this time around to get better 3rd person interaction though I would still play most the game in 1st but those animations for stealth attacks look like they will be better in 3rd.
    The game is looking so very nice with just those beautiful landscapes, I think I'll really enjoy sightseeing.
    After seeing the Dragon Shout concept, I'll welcome that with open arms.
    So many other things looked very interesting but at the same time I think back to some of the early details and what they will be like, hoping they don't cheapen others parts.
    The next thing I'd like to know is how big it will be(land wise), fingers crossed for it being larger then Oblivion.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information