+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 210 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: General Video Game Discussion

Default Re: General Video Game Discussion

I haven't played the silent hill series, nor Ico or Shadow of the colosus.

People want games to be more realistic. Isn't the purpose of a game is to evade reality for a short period of time ?

As a street fighter fan, I consider Street fighter alpha 2 to be the best of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by GuetaMinute View Post
    Holy shit does everyone suck on Okami's d now? Or at least everyone on AP Forums?
    Same reason you suck on Halo's d and consider anyone that's a fan of games outside the western genre a cocksucker. You aren't the only picky and close minded gamer in this forum, nor do you have to express it all the damned time. Seriously. It's quite annoying. Nothing agianst you personally.

Anyway, Okami was originally going to have a more modernized style at the time but the idea was scrapped in place for something with a more "painted" look. They even had an unlock-able trailer in the game. If they did use those more "realistic" graphics, the game probably would not have been memorable or even long.

@sanji, you should play SotC. While most of the game was empty, the boss fights in the game were among the most interactive and imaginative I ever played agianst in an action-based game. There's noting more satisfying than controlling a fragile human with limited abilities abilities to take down enormous titans. If the overworld were smaller, it would have been a perfect game for me.

I want Collossus so much. They always have it pre-owned for 25 in my local shop. But I never played Ico too so I'm gonna get the PS3 re-release. It's actually the thing I'm looking forward to most on there =3

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-Robin View Post
    I want Collossus so much. They always have it pre-owned for 25 in my local shop. But I never played Ico too so I'm gonna get the PS3 re-release. It's actually the thing I'm looking forward to most on there =3
    Twenty five quid for a fucking PS2 game?!

What a rip!

XBL: SympathyX PSN: CTD-SympathyX 3DS: 0344-9267-0120
    Quote Originally Posted by tori22 View Post
    I would say that some of them do u guys are just biass because it's not from the manga. If the filler arc was in the manga then I bet u guys would love it.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Graphics do matter, if they're bad to the point of distraction (for instance, I find Phantasy Star nearly unplayable) but they're not the end all be all. GAMEPLAY is king, every time.
    I obviously want to have both great visuals and amazing gameplay, like Resident Evil 1&4 last gen, or Uncharted and Mario Galaxy this one, but many games that only shine due to achievements in graphic power will be surely forgotten, while stuff like Super Metroid still counts as one of the greatest games.
    Not to mention that the art style is often also more important. As already mentioned, I'll also take something like Okami (or Killer7, etc.) over First Person Shooters that try to imitate current Hollywood ,,blockbusters'' visuals with unkind, bald main characters any day.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Yes, and that just proves the point. Its not photorealistic, and its much more memorable for it. Its also going to age really well because its so stylized, the look they achieved will always be cool.
    Now it would be nice, if one would use such graphic power to create unique worlds and imaginative games like Okami again. But instead, most non-independent ,,big'' western developers this generation end up milking either a)bland space marine scenarios, b)realistic warfare, or c)uninspired Lord of the Rings-esque fantasy. It sickens me to the core. But the mainstream loves it, while Okami, anything made by Clover Studios/Platinum Games, etc. etc. keep being financial flops.
    Which sadly also leads Japanese devs ruining their series, by making Resident Evil a shallow shooting game, or outsourcing Castlevania to some Spanish studio that turns it into bad God of War, etc.

♥ Friendship is Rainbows ♫♪ RageaSarus's Avatar

Can it be?!
    A brand new Darksta-- *shot*

http://www.capcom.co.jp/DD/

Seriously. What the fuck is that?

Dammit... It's one of these cocktease countdown gimmicks.

It's probably a PSN and Xbox Live release of one of Capcom's best goddamn arcade beat-em-ups in existence.

I'm talking about DUNGEONS & DRAGONS: SHADOWS OF MYSTARRA.

It's the only Capcom franchise with a "DD" name, Darkstalkers and Monster Hunter don't come close aaaaaand:

This is a fucking dragon.

It was hands down one of my favorite Capcom games, rare as hell to find in the arcades. I played the shit out of this on MAME, and I hope to hell this is it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

I WAS going to say "Dungeons and Dragons," but I thought I would be called "stupid."

All day, every day TakinawaTonfa's Avatar

The news breaks....

...Capcom actually announces a Quiz and Dragons remake.

Quote Originally Posted by RageaSarus View Post
    I WAS going to say "Dungeons and Dragons," but I thought I would be called "stupid."
    hahaha i'll call you stupid anyway if you like :3

It's cool.
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Eat shit.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Anyone else wondering where the hell is a sequel to Zone of the Enders?! Imagine the 2nd Runner on current gen systems. That sh!t would look crazy.

Apparently, the game is called Dragon's Dogma.
    http://www.trademarkia.com/dragons-dogma-85108424.html

Stupid.

Stupid.
    Yeah, I saw that this morning when I reloaded the page. So really, nobody knows what it is. It could be D&D, or it could be OHGODIHOPEITIS a new Breath of Fire game. But it's okay if I'm wrong...

I would rather guess and be wrong than be too afraid, like a lil' bitch, to guess at all.

Oh... that's what up.

Quote Originally Posted by sanji499 View Post
    People want games to be more realistic. Isn't the purpose of a game is to evade reality for a short period of time ?
    Or perhaps they want to make and live through a new reality, attempting to erase the faults of this world and enjoy another realistic world through gaming.

Or maybe I'm just overexaggerating the whole case of it and missing the whole point of entertainment, but yeah...

'Nyways, though, speaking of games, Homefront looks very nice (or at least, the trailer did). Too bad I don't own an XBox...

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Phoenix View Post
    Anyone else wondering where the hell is a sequel to Zone of the Enders?! Imagine the 2nd Runner on current gen systems. That sh!t would look crazy.
    Simple. Konami said "MOAR METAL GEAR AND SILENT HILL" while conveniently forgetting every other god damned series they've done.

Seriously, where the hell is Mystical Ninja/Ganbare Goemon?

I'd say Carue was a Lucky Ducky | YouTube Page

Stupid.
    And here I was hoping that Capcom had bought the Double Dragon license from Taito. Ah well, Capcom has had some great games in the past with terrible titles (looking at you, Viewtiful Joe and Pajama Hero Nemo).

Quote Originally Posted by DyranLK View Post
    'Nyways, though, speaking of games, Homefront looks very nice (or at least, the trailer did). Too bad I don't own an XBox...
    It's not, or so the reviews say. The beginning of the game is really strong, but then it turns into a Call of Duty clone in not just gameplay, but in story.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information