+ Reply to Thread
Page 254 of 254 FirstFirst ... 154 204 244 252 253 254
Results 5,061 to 5,079 of 5079

Thread: General Video Game Discussion

Default Re: General Video Game Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    Any thoughts on this?
    Could potentially be a huge game changer and I could see how down the years developers will stop porting to PC if this thing grows
    Not a competitor for PC gaming, but a convenient prize for those on move. Nothing beats a well set up battle station. This thing is not it. Small screen with 1280p resolution at 60hz only, too little memory size for storing games. Input devices limited to the few buttons around.

Thanks, I think that's a good perspective.
    This could still go both ways because the steam library is HUGE and its accessibility to so many games also meant that the target audience doesn't necessary have to be competitive gamers.
    Most people who own a Switch are casual gamers and there are a huge chunk of casual games that are AAA in the library.

Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    Thanks, I think that's a good perspective.
    This could still go both ways because the steam library is HUGE and its accessibility to so many games also meant that the target audience doesn't necessary have to be competitive gamers.
    Most people who own a Switch are casual gamers and there are a huge chunk of casual games that are AAA in the library.
    I see it turning out in a single definite way. This device would function as advertisement for PC gaming. Within the steam list of games, you'll inevitably find those that you would love to play on a proper set up. It'd create incentive to at least try that once.

I think it's trying to fill a handheld gap and cater to those who don't see as much value in a switch.

The switch is great for the first parties and it does have some great third parties, but you can play those third parties with more quality somewhere else. So if you don't care about Mario and Pokemon the switch is not worthy just to play Hades.
    But if you like the on-the-go aspect and the steam library, there you go. I don't think this is meant to be that interesting to someone who already has a nice pc or even a console.

The Steam Deck looks like an interesting handheld. Not a direct competitor for Switch, but I certainly have a fair chunk of games that don't *quite* run on my PC that would be nice to have an affordable machine to do so on.

The low memory unless you get the deluxe model is a bit of a bummer.

It won't be a switch killer or a PC replacement, but there's definitely a market for it. Since its BASICALLY a PC, and will in tehory allow you to do whatever a PC does, the question very very quickly turns to "how well does it handle emulation". Because if it can do that reasonably well then...
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Also, it will be pretty good for simulators/emulation scene.
    For instance, there's nothing stopping someone from running BoTW on an emulator at a much higher setting on the deck and then that essentially will work like a Switch Pro. The deck being more towards an open source type platform then strictly Steam also opens a lot of opportunities for people to play anything that can be simulated on the PC on their handheld.
    From IGN's review, the controls seem to be fine but there have been some noise about how it might be uncomfortable after long periods.

For most people, the Steam Deck's shipping date is being pushed back (likely due to COVID part shortages).
    That means if you're just getting around to preordering now you might get yours in 2023

Cue Microsoft and Sony announcing expensive portable versions of their systems at E3 next year.

Looks like EA's joined Team Global Warming.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Cue Microsoft and Sony announcing expensive portable versions of their systems at E3 next year.
    Considering the failure of the Vita along with the fact that the PS5's stock issues are due in part if I recall due to part shortages even as a joke this wouldn't be plausible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Lol Guilty Gear is ridiculous

GG was always a weird fighting game, what are you talking about it?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Yo, Blizzard Activision. What the f-
    https://www.ign.com/articles/activis...source=twitter

So, the opening ceremonies to the Olympics are being loaded with Squaresoft music. Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Trigger, Nier, are all getting played.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/s...view-1.6114103

It's just background instrumental, not stageshow or anything, but still neat.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

So, Axiom Verge 2 surprise dropped today.

Like actual surprise no one knew that it was coming.

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Lol Guilty Gear is ridiculous

I recently got into Guilty Gear Strive on PC. Still getting the hang of things but enjoying it so far. For me, the ridiculousness is a plus.

Also, we have DLC character #2 as of this week, making a return from Xrd:

Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

What the hell is this?

So since Yahtzee named Spiritfarer his favorite game of 2020 (not that I always necessarily agree with him) I figured I'd give it a shot. I'm about a week into it now and, yeah, I'd say it was a good call.

For those not aware, Spiritfarer is a resource management game, with a touch of adventuring and platforming. And it is just such a delight to play. The game is so chill and fun and beautifully animated and (be forewarned) does get pretty emotional. And for a completionist like me, this game really does hit all the right notes. It's very well-paced, despite there being tons of resources to discover and gather, and it's very fair about it in that you're never really at risk for "losing" any resource. It's just a matter of getting them as quickly and efficiently as you can.

So yeah, I highly recommend this game. I believe the game usually goes for $30, though I managed to get it for half off. But if you do have the money to spare, I'd say it's well worth the full price.

Something I stumbled across while lurking on KH Insider

Wave Master, the company that manages Sega's music, has contacted me and asked me to remove lots of albums related to Sega. At the end of the day, over 500 albums were removed, including Sonic, OutRun, and others.

Unfortunately, this even included fan made compilation albums for games that have no commercial releases, which, quite frankly, makes absolutely no sense.

If you were wondering why some albums have disappeared on the site, this is why.
    Guess Sega decided to do what Nintendoes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

More Info about the Dokev video game for those who are interested

https://www.gamesradar.com/dokev-pre...ldlike-wonder/

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information