+ Reply to Thread
Page 249 of 250 FirstFirst ... 149 199 239 247 248 249 250 LastLast
Results 4,961 to 4,980 of 4990

Thread: General Video Game Discussion

Default Re: General Video Game Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Nolus View Post
    Kinda sad, because I do think the game had potential. It still looks very nice and I enjoyed the combat and the amount of variety the different builds allowed. Finesse/Magic combo was hella fun. Chakrams rocked.

The story, well, nothing incredibly from what I can remember, but I thoroughly enjoyed some of the questlines and NPCs.
    The gameplay was insanely fun. But the world and questlines start getting stale over time. I kinda got bored after arriving in the big city (3rd area? 4th?) and never finished it.

But feel like having another go, honestly. If time allows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    The gameplay was insanely fun. But the world and questlines start getting stale over time. I kinda got bored after arriving in the big city (3rd area? 4th?) and never finished it.

But feel like having another go, honestly. If time allows.
    That is true, but the same can be said for most of the games of this caliber I think. It's one thing constructing an engaging world, and stuffing it chock full of missions that won't start repeating themselves after a while. Or falling into the cliché categories of "fetch this"; "save the guy/gal trapped"; "kill the bad guy/monster/beast/evil spirit"; "take me to the other side of the map, but don't let me die, oh, did I mention I'm practically useless in a fight but will still charge to the frontlines whenever a mob so much as looks in our direction funny".

Perhaps it is the bane of open-world games. With so many variables, it's hard to design engaging quests without allowing the player to accidentally screw them up without them even realizing (cough, Morrowind) - unless it's the main questline of course).

I used to like open-world games for the freedom they allowed, but nowadays, I derive more fun from games like Thief where the story is linear, but once the level loaded, you can do whatever the hell you want (with some reasonable restrictions of course). It tells an interesting story (with bonus secrets here and there if you explore) but doesn't try to micromanage your every move and let's you have fun and fuck up on your own terms.

Does anyone know the name of that new RPG game that has a 100 characters to choose from and was funded by a go fund me page?

I know that’s incredibly vague but that’s all I remember about it, can’t remember the name of it for the life of me

Edit: or maybe it was Kickstarter, man I really can’t remember anything about this game outside of it looking and sounding really good
    Last edited by Shiebs; October 11th, 2020 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Does anyone know the name of that new RPG game that has a 100 characters to choose from and was funded by a go fund me page?

I know that’s incredibly vague but that’s all I remember about it, can’t remember the name of it for the life of me

Edit: or maybe it was Kickstarter, man I really can’t remember anything about this game outside of it looking and sounding really good
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...hundred-heroes

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Speaking of Kickstarters...

Sucks about Lab Zero, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...hundred-heroes

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Speaking of Kickstarters...

Sucks about Lab Zero, huh?
    Yes! Yes! This is what I was looking for Thank you so much

Quote Originally Posted by Nolus View Post
    That is true, but the same can be said for most of the games of this caliber I think. It's one thing constructing an engaging world, and stuffing it chock full of missions that won't start repeating themselves after a while. Or falling into the cliché categories of "fetch this"; "save the guy/gal trapped"; "kill the bad guy/monster/beast/evil spirit"; "take me to the other side of the map, but don't let me die, oh, did I mention I'm practically useless in a fight but will still charge to the frontlines whenever a mob so much as looks in our direction funny".

Perhaps it is the bane of open-world games. With so many variables, it's hard to design engaging quests without allowing the player to accidentally screw them up without them even realizing (cough, Morrowind) - unless it's the main questline of course).

I used to like open-world games for the freedom they allowed, but nowadays, I derive more fun from games like Thief where the story is linear, but once the level loaded, you can do whatever the hell you want (with some reasonable restrictions of course). It tells an interesting story (with bonus secrets here and there if you explore) but doesn't try to micromanage your every move and let's you have fun and fuck up on your own terms.
    I agree. Even at the beginning, these standard quests may not bother you, because you are still studying the game world, you look at the animations and the world around you, and then you get the feeling "I've already seen this somewhere."

WoW Shadowlands dropped today. Should really help give me something to do during pandemic, shame the past 8ish months of the game was absolute garbage.
    Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

Why has no one ever tried to do what the Avengers did for cinema to video games? make 4 to 5 characters who have there own game and own story that all exist in the same world and then have them all team up to face a mutual threat

and I consider that concept very different from crossover video games like Smash
    Late to the party on this topic, but...

Blood Omen/Legacy of Kain/Soul Reaver did this. Started out focusing on a lead vampire dude Kain, then spent a couple games focused on an entirely different character, Raziel, for whom Kain was his *enemy*, shared the same world, and some of the secondary characters overlapped in both franchises, covered centuries of history. Both franchises had fairly different playstyles and focuses, (Kain was more action, Raziel more puzzles) and the first game was an overhead dungeon crawler while the later were 3D games... They had different development teams, then they came together in one final game where you'd alternate between them until their story finally came to the same place for one hell of a conclusion.

It was a really satisfying 5 game arc, awesome voice acting and plot... it really really deserves a remake to freshen up the whole thing. And a follow up would be nice too but its been like 20 years so...
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

The new version of Microsoft flight simulator looks... kind of amazing? It has THE ENTIRE WORLD in it, in high detail.

Yeah its basically from AI interpretting google maps, and it has to be streamed because its a bajillion gigs of data, but damn, impressive.

To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Late to the party on this topic, but...

Blood Omen/Legacy of Kain/Soul Reaver did this. Started out focusing on a lead vampire dude Kain, then spent a couple games focused on an entirely different character, Raziel, for whom Kain was his *enemy*, shared the same world, and some of the secondary characters overlapped in both franchises, covered centuries of history. Both franchises had fairly different playstyles and focuses, (Kain was more action, Raziel more puzzles) and the first game was an overhead dungeon crawler while the later were 3D games... They had different development teams, then they came together in one final game where you'd alternate between them until their story finally came to the same place for one hell of a conclusion.

It was a really satisfying 5 game arc, awesome voice acting and plot... it really really deserves a remake to freshen up the whole thing. And a follow up would be nice too but its been like 20 years so...
    This post made me sad because A. no one gives the series it's props, and B. it wouldn't be the same since Tony Jay is dead. :(

Well hopefully they'd still have all the audio files stored somewhere and we could even get them uncompressed now.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    The new version of Microsoft flight simulator looks... kind of amazing? It has THE ENTIRE WORLD in it, in high detail.

Yeah its basically from AI interpretting google maps, and it has to be streamed because its a bajillion gigs of data, but damn, impressive.

OOOO! My friend would so love this! Gonna share it with them since they love flying, etc.

My AniList: https://anilist.co/user/starlalilymoon/
    Discord: starlalilymoon#3489 | Steam: starlalilymoon
    Avatar Information: Artist - カグレ; Character - Gardevoir; Series - Pokémon

Has anyone played CyberPunk 2077? Is it any good? Worth buying? Did it live up to the hype?

I don’t think most people who’ve gotten the game have even finished it (especially the unlucky people that bought the PS4 version) as for the reception well........
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

You’d think that the issue was that they were optimizing for the consoles of last gen and the new gens would be the ones with issue, the plan change happened earlier than advertised then.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Has anyone played CyberPunk 2077? Is it any good? Worth buying? Did it live up to the hype?
    I'm 20 hours in and it's pretty fun because I'm still fresh and haven't immersed myself for a while.
    Putting myself aside, I think this game has a lot of 'style over substance' areas.
    Like most side quests involves killing and there's a LOT of them. A lot of characters too but really, it's just a whole lot of shooting.
    Night city looks amazing but the NPCs and the A.I for them is ten years behind GTA V and that's saying a lot.
    Besides the Neo Tokyoesque cyber fusion with NYC aesthetics, there's really nothing much to do.
    You can cruise around if you can actually afford the damn cars, by the way the economy is broken as hell in the sense that you'll never be able to afford alot of them or like one gun cost half the money u made 5 hours in but the next enemy you kill drops a better one..
    But when you are cruising around with your car, expect dumb car AIs and an annoying as shit mini map that somehow is worse than navigating a buggy GPS irl.
    Controls are fine, not brilliant like Titanfall2 for shooting or Sleeping dogs for driving.

A lot of mediocre aspects. Marketing was over the top, they lied in some parts, and the outrage were towards the parts that mattered.
    There's no your "build" as much as its way better to just shoot your way through everything because the hacking and stealth are pretty meh, could have been implemented ALOT better.

I'm not hating, I do enjoy this game but the only reason I spent 60 bucks on it was because I'm too bored.

Don't go in expecting an open world with depth, GTA does it better.
    No darts or mini games so far.
    Go in for the shiny Night City and some of the characters. Oh and robot arms and the weird ass Japanese colonization.

Cyberpunk doesn't do anything particularly better despite branding the shit out of itself for the past 7-8 years.
    If you do a quick google, the fanbase is enraged.
    Now you might think it's because of bugs but nah, tldr: they were lied to and Project Red and their shareholders paid off game reviewers to boast the shit out of the game ratings.
    The bugs are horrendous. I've reloaded a side mission 3 times because of 3 different bugs.
    It's the usual AAA bullshit in the first few months of release.
    Just that this one is more disappointing because of expectations.
    And I don't blame the fans, they have every right to be pissed because of how long the wait and how pandering the company has been towards them.
    It's really a sad state of things when game reviewers are easily bought and game crashing bugs is somehow now defendable.
    But eh sometimes the gaming community deserves it, are quick to jump the gun and never learn, just look at what they did to that GameSpot reviewer.
    (Gaming community tears her down for being honest because their manchild brains can't accept a little bit of negatively for something they HAVENT played yet))

Tldr: Everything looks beautiful and astounding but the A.I and the game design ranges from infuriating to border line stupid.
    Last edited by zeltrax225; December 12th, 2020 at 11:30 AM.

The hashtag Cyberbug2077 has been currently trending in various regions on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    The hashtag Cyberbug2077 has been currently trending in various regions on Twitter.
    So is George Broussard (co creator of Duke Nukem) and not for good reason

Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    You can cruise around if you can actually afford the damn cars, by the way the economy is broken as hell in the sense that you'll never be able to afford alot of them or like one gun cost half the money u made 5 hours in but the next enemy you kill drops a better one..
    So basically this game takes place in the same world as the Witcher games
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; December 13th, 2020 at 10:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Sounds like almost the same thing that happened with TW3 and (to a worse extent) Watch Dogs. Misleading trailers and mirepresentations of the game.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information